Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So with the recent sad news of Perfect World Entertainment closing down Runic Games (Torchlight, Torchlight 2, Hob), this might also be a perfect opportunity for LRG to negotiate a deal for Hob on PS4. 

Perfect World's overall business strategy going forward is focused on online games-as-a-service.  With LRG doing the bulk of the work, Perfect World might favorably view the relatively easy infusion of cash that a LRG physical deal would squeeze out of their otherwise dormant legacy single player title, Hob.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr83isXHVSs[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Indie studios are going to be doing a lot of the heavy lifting when it comes to traditional, single-player games in the near future. Most major publishers are all about that risk-averse, recurring revenue. If you're not making a game that rakes in cash constantly, with multiple layers of insurance against piracy and tons of monetizable elements, they don't want to hear about it.

Indie studios spend less on development, so they can afford to take risks on single-player experiences, or non-online local multiplayer experiences. Large-scale publishers don't give a crap, and just want that sweet, sweet green. Get used to it, this is the future. The only big-budget single-player games are going to be prestige pieces coming from platform-exclusive 3rd-party developers. (mainly Sony's internal studios and Nintendo) All the other single-player games are going to be coming from small and mid-tier indie developers, and most of them will be scaling back significantly on their asset requirements. (think stylized low-poly and pixel art)

Hob looks like a game that is so up my alley. I watched the ACG review, and I liked everything I saw. That is a game that deserves a physical release, and I would love to have on the shelf! 

So .... Anyone else excited for My Name is Mayo and their 10 cover variants? :p
02f.gif
LOL I love this gif. I haven't seen it in a while and forgot all about it. Thank you square

So with the recent sad news of Perfect World Entertainment closing down Runic Games (Torchlight, Torchlight 2, Hob), this might also be a perfect opportunity for LRG to negotiate a deal for Hob on PS4.

Perfect World's overall business strategy going forward is focused on online games-as-a-service. With LRG doing the bulk of the work, Perfect World might favorably view the relatively easy infusion of cash that a LRG physical deal would squeeze out of their otherwise dormant legacy single player title, Hob.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr83isXHVSs[/media]
I feel like it could be a possibility. IndieBox signed Torchlight II so the precedent for working with physical publishers exists. I'll look into it.

We actually tried to release My Name Is Mayo on April Fools last year. The idea was to put it up with no announcement or acknowledgement whatsoever and then remove it from the site the next day. We'd ship the games out, but never acknowledge the release in any way. Weirdly, the developer really didn't seem to like us treating his game like a joke, so the idea went nowhere. Probably for the better, I'd say.

We actually tried to release My Name Is Mayo on April Fools last year. The idea was to put it up with no announcement or acknowledgement whatsoever and then remove it from the site the next day. We'd ship the games out, but never acknowledge the release in any way. Weirdly, the developer really didn't seem to like us treating his game like a joke, so the idea went nowhere. Probably for the better, I'd say.
That actually seems like a rather cool April Fools gag, sadly some of these guys take themselves way to seriously. Lighting the fuck up guy, it's a game about Mayo, it's never going to be in the Smithsonian. LOL

And instead of a game, you would ship out a jar of mayonnaise to people, and then people would realize they just paid $25 for a jar of mayonnaise.

__aioi_yuuko_professor_shinonome_and_shinonome_nano_nichijou__0d08db7e8f95f67fc80e07535f187b84.gif

i wanted to chime in on the Nicalis VS Limited Run Games debate. I'm sure Limited Run Games is more friendly towards developers, and they have created an awesome market in which competitors are following suit. So I'm happy Limited Run Games exists !

However, I don't feel Limited Run Games is as consumer friendly as Nicalis. It is NOT fun to fight over releases that last a couple of minutes. It is not fun to STRESS over getting a copy of a game. It is NOT fun to pay double the money to scalpers who routinely buy multiple copies to flip. It is not FUN to fight scalpers with BOTS who buy everything up instantly.

You know how nice it is to just see a game is announced by Nicalis, be able to get excited about the release knowing you CAN actually buy it, and how relaxing and SIMPLE it is to just go over to Amazon's/Best Buy's web site and pre-order it.

Limited Run Games has grown in popularity, and rightfully so.... however they need to make sure their games are easier to purchase. I still don't know why they can't just open a release for sale for 24 hours, and then ship whatever that amount is pre-ordered. Their "limited" approach of releasing games in such small numbers is simply taking the fun out of buying/collecting games. Yes, they like to preserve the games for consumers, but that doesn't mean anything if the consumers can't even buy the game to begin with.
I really don't find LRG's model to be that stressful. If I get it, good. If not, 2/3 of the games are available on ebay for little to no markup within a month or so of release.

Careful, you'll have people submitting a support ticket for months after the fact all cause the paper has a mayo stain
More worried about the people demanding replacements because their mayo is loose and not secured in the spindle

Hi Doug, all of my lrg deliveries have lacked mayo stains, please retroactively deliver me mayo stained covers

Decided to look at my tracking for Skullgirls today. It arrived in my city on Saturday (CA). Checking it now, it says it is at Las Vegas NV. 

Wtf?  :whistle2:k :whistle2:k  

Looks like I'm not getting it today. 

Decided to look at my tracking for Skullgirls today. It arrived in my city on Saturday (CA). Checking it now, it says it is at Las Vegas NV.

Wtf? :whistle2:k :whistle2:k

Looks like I'm not getting it today.
I had it re-routed to me, don't worry, I'll enjoy it for you. LOL

I'm so torn on that game... I really don't play my vita anymore. Is it particularly difficult?
Yes, very, very difficult.

WOW, that poster is pretty bad ass, and I would love to see it sold separately. But I think I'm gonna pass, as I have some other items I'm looking to buy over the next few weeks. If it would have had an art book or guide, I probably would have jumped on it, but I've been having to get a little more selective lately, especially at holiday time.

We actually have around 100 copies leftover that will be sold later. Our site didn't update automatically as it should have, and I was focused on cover art that needed to be submitted today. I didn't hear about the error until 12:05 and promptly fixed it. Sorry for any trouble!
Thank you for the response - I'll definitely try again whenever the remaining Absolver stock goes up! :)

Are there going to be any kind of bundles for this Friday's new releases?
Also, will the Nex Machina vinyl be going up for sale at the same time as the games?

Thank you for the response - I'll definitely try again whenever the remaining Absolver stock goes up! :)

Are there going to be any kind of bundles for this Friday's new releases?
Also, will the Nex Machina vinyl be going up for sale at the same time as the games?
Yes, there should be a bundle - not sure what it will be yet.

The vinyl will definitely be up with the game. It's one of the best soundtracks we've released - I'm really excited for it!

I'm curious how the demand is going to turn out this Friday. Also trying to decide on the La Mulana CE. It's not got an exclusive cover, so I don't think I need it. One less thing to fuss with, I suppose haha. 

Yes, very, very difficult.

WOW, that poster is pretty bad ass, and I would love to see it sold separately. But I think I'm gonna pass, as I have some other items I'm looking to buy over the next few weeks. If it would have had an art book or guide, I probably would have jumped on it, but I've been having to get a little more selective lately, especially at holiday time.
Thanks. I'm gonna pass then. I just don't have the patience for super difficult games.

=/ What are the odds I'll be able to get both standard editions into my cart and be able to check out...
Be ready when the games to live (logged into LRG, logged into PayPal, have your addressed saved) and you'll be fine. The last few LRG releases haven't been all that difficult.

I've finally gathered enough tickets for a free game, but how does it work and what are the restrictions? I assume no collector's editions, and would it work towards games being released this Friday, or does it take some time to get the ticket redemption processed?

Sorry for so may questions in two sentences haha.

Hey Doomstick any chance the Skullgirls stuff will be available at some point to those who didn’t have a preorder? I see a page on the site that is numbered higher than where we are now. I’m hoping that’s a yes. Just worried since everyone has been complaining over and over about delays in shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the ps4 version for sale if your interested

bread's done
Back