Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
WOW, that 2064 game looks really cool. I never heard of it until today, or if I did, I forgot about it. I really hope they come thru with a Vita version, but they can keep that 3 cover BS! LOL 

Any word on the "big news" you mentioned awhile back that will surprise a lot of people? Not the switch releases, but something else you had in store.
It's been taking an incredibly long time. It involves a Japanese company and a big one at that, so it'll probably take time to actually come into existence.

It's been taking an incredibly long time. It involves a Japanese company and a big one at that, so it'll probably take time to actually come into existence.
Will the nex machina vinyl soundtracks be available at 10 and 6 or at 10 only?? I'm afraid of missing the mega bundle, the vinyl or worse both trying to get both at 10am.

Will the nex machina vinyl soundtracks be available at 10 and 6 or at 10 only?? I'm afraid of missing the mega bundle, the vinyl or worse both trying to get both at 10am.
Vinyls have generally released at 10 and 6, but you risk lower quantities at 6pm batch

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumb af question since I’m sure it’s been asked many times before.

I’m gonna be trying to snag a copy of Nex Machina tomorrow via the LRG site. It’s been forever since I’ve tried (last purchase was Saturday Morning RPG). Any tips to make it a smoother transaction without a headache?

Any tips are appreciated!

I’m gonna be trying to snag a copy of Nex Machina tomorrow via the LRG site. It’s been forever since I’ve tried (last purchase was Saturday Morning RPG). Any tips to make it a smoother transaction without a headache?

1. Have your CC # ready & phone number.
  2. Pray

Check your PM!

I'm gonna try for Nex Machina from mobile, will have to because of work on both times. Has anyone had success on mobile or will it be tough?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Any tips are appreciated
Login to LRG's site and paypal 2-3 minutes before the games are scheduled to go live. This way when you place your order in your cart and go to pay you have the minimum of "stuff" to do before hitting "Pay now" and being finished. Also, as soon as you get to the payment screen scroll down and make sure your phone number is there. This is most often the bump that slows me down - for some reason the site doesn't save my phone number and I have to enter it again *almost* every order.

I'm gonna try for Nex Machina from mobile, will have to because of work on both times. Has anyone had success on mobile or will it be tough?

I've only tried ordering via mobile once, but it worked without a problem. Some folks here swear that mobile is easy. My extremely limited experience is that it's possible, but I find desktop purchases easier.

I've only done mobile last few releases that I bought, including Ys CE, Caladrius Blaze. Just be prepared

You clearly don't get it... it's not a good thing.

If a kid bought a game rated M digitally with no rating physically, I can't be sued. It's enforced at a store level. It's not a law.

By signing up to have ratings you are also subjected to fines, a lot of these fines are expensive and can easily put a developer/publisher out of business.

Increasing the price wouldn't be consumer friendly and would be asking us to sit on more stock that is now more expensive if it doesn't sell.
I agree with Doug and Josh on this, this is most definitely NOT a good thing for them or any other small publisher.

Having real UPC codes actually registered to LRG (like every other dev out there actually does) and ESRB on the cover... that makes these releases as official as any other retail game.
So you're one of THOSE PEOPLE. 'Nuff said. Not even going to try and debate this point, OCD people are people I try and avoid debating with, cause it's a waste of my time to make a worthwhile relevant point, which I'll never be able to convince you otherwise.

The ESRB was FORMED by the industry itself rather than the government coming in and policing game content. It's a good thing overall, though I think they could do better with their rates considering the size of the game market considering they are a non-profit. I guess, though, with more serious fees and even more serious fines, it makes it important to make sure people are legitimate in how they declare the content of their games.
What is THIS? This sounds like a PSA for the ESRB.

When they start deviating from their edict and becoming a policing arm and for profit entity over an organization that up to this point was to HELP the industry, now starts to become a liability TO the industry, those two things don't go hand in hand.

I've supported LRG for a long time now and while I don't always agree with how Doug and Josh do things, I respect them because of what they're doing (and not necessary how it's done sometimes).

Even though there's plenty of pretenders popping up around the world doing this (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) they did it first and do a pretty good job of it.

We've already seen the first casualty of this new policy go into effect with Ruiner from SRG, I was really looking forward to it then *poof* cancelled just like that because it was cost prohibitive to publish. And I suspect more games will be denied this treatment to get published physically because of short sided-ness from this group who REPRESENTS the industry.

From my position as a consumer, this stinks too, because now we have less choices because of the rampant interference from a industry formed group who's acting as a govt. watch dog now, they've become as corrupt as the thing they were formed to protect us from.

Hopefully LRG will be able to team with companies not restricted by this requirement so they can still stand by their original mission to release physical copies of digital games that will disappear forever if not given this treatment, and it'll be a massive shame if this mission doesn't get to play out as it should because of bureaucracy and greed that are now showing their ugly heads.

/gets off soapbox

So there's no legitimate way to release physically without having Sony do the actual disc creation? Can't just go directly to a Sony sub-contractor or whatever to have them make the disc for you instead of paying Sony have them make the disc for you?
There's only ONE WAY and that's to publish outside of the US. There's other pubs who do this now and aren't hampered by their short sighted-ness of this decision by the ESRB.

That's why it's my hope that LRG and other US based pubs can either work with those other pubs or maybe it's time for LRG Tokyo's Office to be put into place as their Asian publishing arm.

Something I'm sure Doug will be more than happy to do. ;-) He just needs to convince Josh about that now. lol

Like I've said several times before, the ESRB is a "shakedown", like so many other things in our society. It's the mob telling people they need to buy their protection, and if not, they make sure you can't do business. As the protection your paying, is to keep them at bay, and nothing more.

Maybe at one point in time, the ESRB was a novel idea(same with music ratings), that helped parents, but I honestly now just see people who want others to do their jobs as parents, and it's nonsense. You have businesses trying their best to make a product that people can enjoy, and put people to work to support their families. Then you have the ESRB stepping in and demanding money, and for what?

Why does the cost of the game have anything to do with what fee you pay? It should be a small flat rate for any and everyone, because if you can rate a game for $3000, you can rate them all for $3000. This is only in place, to make sure they get more from those who can afford more, and less from those who can't. They would rather have a small business struggling, and them still getting paid, than to have that small business go under, and not get anymore funds.

It's honestly criminal at it's highest form, but when you have a government like ours(ran by crooks), this is what you get.

It's not even just the cost of the rating that affects us and other publishers. The ESRB has the power to fine us up to $1 million if we don't properly disclose the content of a game. What if a developer hides sexual content in a game and we don't know it? We're bankrupt - out of business - no chance to come back. The ESRB has a complete monopoly here and if they decide to not give us ratings, they could shut us down overnight. No single organization should ever have that much power. It's scary.

Worth noting for the armchair CEOs out there that the $29.99 price tag for today's games isn't due to the ratings cost. Both games are $19.99 digitally. We always add $10 to the digital price (with a base price of $24.99) to cover the cost of goods. We've only broken this model for a few games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was probably going to get 2064 had it not become a variant monstrosity.

Guess this'll be another pass for me next week. :*(
If you don't care for multiple covers, why let that impede you from picking up a single copy? Is it because you can't pick the specific cover you want? We could offer each cover as a separate listing but that would stretch stock thin and probably make a lot of people victims to the no cart hold.

If you don't care for multiple covers, why let that impede you from picking up a single copy? Is it because you can't pick the specific cover you want? We could offer each cover as a separate listing but that would stretch stock thin and probably make a lot of people victims to the no cart hold.
I've been getting all Vita titles and the variants as well, up to this point. But since I'm passing on the La Mulana CE today, I'm now at the point of being OK with just one of something. I know others got to this point earlier on, but it's a nice weight lifted knowing I don't have to have 100% of what's being offered.

I don't know if and when the Vita version for 2064 may happen, but if three covers end up being offered there, I agree there is no harm in just getting one. As to pass buy a "game" which is meant to be played, just because you can't get or don't want all the covers, seems bonkers to say the least. But to each his own I suppose. I'll be happy if the Vita just gets one, or 20, as I just want to play the game.

I always order from my phone at work with a spotty connection. Haven’t missed a release I’ve wanted yet.

Can I assume that Mega bundle that popped up this morning will be live when the individual games go on sale? That would save me a ton of headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's honestly criminal at it's highest form, but when you have a government like ours(ran by crooks), this is what you get.
Probably important to clarify, but the ESRB isn't government sponsored or run. It's a private organization founded by the game industry itself, in an effort to avoid government restrictions. Avoiding government oversight on content in games is one of its primary ongoing uses.

The problem is that the ESRB is founded, run, and financed by by large game publishers. They are the ones who bought into it in the first place, and major physical retailers are the ones who mainly demanded its use. This is why digitally distributed games DON'T require ESRB ratings, while physical copies do. And it is quite likely that major publishers or retailers were responsible for persuading Sony to add the ESRB restriction for all physical games, without exception. They are the only ones who really benefit from this restriction.

Heads up, because I didn't see this in the games' descriptions a few days ago and may have just been added today:  Both games going up for sale today are preorders that don't ship until mid-December!

Just wanted to give a heads up before all the slow shipping complaints come in ;)

Was logged in ready to buy when I realized I don't actually care about today's games. This lead to me closing those tabs and doing something else productive with my time, like posting a meaningless message in a forum about gaming which I don't do any more. Good luck to those buying today.

Well that was easy and painless
Yep, same here.

And I almost forgot, as my alarm was set, but my son is sick, so I was giving him medicine and only remembered a few minutes before going live. I also grabbed a trading card case today as well, has there been any more info on when the packs will be offered?

Having never done this before the on sale now email really confused me. But I got Nex Machina and I'm pretty happy.

Snagged both CE's.  I was tempted by the mega bundle but there are just too many other things coming out in the near future so I showed some restraint LOL (BOTW EE, Crawl, 2064, other BF deals).  Really looking forward to these CE's.. they look very nice and both have soundtracks!

Easy. La Mulana gone in like two minutes.

Both standard editions selling out way quicker than Collectors Editions. Glad people are starting to realize not every game needs a collectors edition.

Got both CEs though wasn't fully decided until the last minute to do so.

I really hope LRG starts packing CEs better as the Ys Origin CE just had everything moving around in the box.  Really need that stuff secured in the oversized box.

Me as I tried to convince myself not to buy the collector's editions:

8e75d77232790c23aae952e79f4124effd6060d15602e0af21d08aeb612ae1cf.jpg

Easy. La Mulana gone in like two minutes.

Both standard editions selling out way quicker than Collectors Editions. Glad people are starting to realize not every game needs a collectors edition.
Yep

I just returned my copy of Wolfenstein II: Collector's Edition. These things are getting dumb with dolls and shit. Personally, all I really need is a Steelbook and I am happy.

bread's done
Back