Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Hey Doomstink,  I heard on Giant Bombast that Sony is requiring all publishers to pay for the ESRB.  The guys on the show talked about how the margins are so razor-thin that this requirement has forced some developers who had planned to publish physical games to either rethink or outright cancel them.  I would imagine LRG's slate is being affected by this.  Are you guys having to go back to anyone in light of this change?

Hey Doomstink, I heard on Giant Bombast that Sony is requiring all publishers to pay for the ESRB. The guys on the show talked about how the margins are so razor-thin that this requirement has forced some developers who had planned to publish physical games to either rethink or outright cancel them. I would imagine LRG's slate is being affected by this. Are you guys having to go back to anyone in light of this change?
It was brought up awhile ago in this thread, but yes, it has impacted them for sure.

It doesn't sound like it's changed any developer's mind though, but has caused delays if anything.

I think he was the one that brought it up in this thread actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Doomstink, I heard on Giant Bombast that Sony is requiring all publishers to pay for the ESRB. The guys on the show talked about how the margins are so razor-thin that this requirement has forced some developers who had planned to publish physical games to either rethink or outright cancel them. I would imagine LRG's slate is being affected by this. Are you guys having to go back to anyone in light of this change?
did you just fall of turnip truck there, boyo?

For us, this has just caused substantial delays. December was supposed to be really slow for us (as in, 0 releases) - but the ESRB timing shifted our September slate over by two months so now we're pretty much stuck releasing stuff relentlessly with very few breaks.

Special Reserve had to cancel Ruiner as a result of the ESRB, though.

Not happy about the VA-11 HALL-A situation. That one was said to launch around when the JP physical copy would, which came out this week alongside the digital NA version. Now we have to wait until Q1 2018 at the earliest for a Limited Run release?

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/931206435593162752

I'm assuming this is the CE poster

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/931206718016671746

Not happy about the VA-11 HALL-A situation. That one was said to launch around when the JP physical copy would, which came out this week alongside the digital NA version. Now we have to wait until Q1 2018 at the earliest for a Limited Run release?
It's either that or release a massively broken version of the game on cartridge (as is happening with the JP version). The build of the game that is up digitally has a critical issue that makes the patch a necessity.

People get pretty upset when our Vita releases have non-essential patches, so I think the right call here is to rebuild a physical version with the bugs fixed so a patch is not necessary on the physical version. We're losing out on sales by waiting, so it's not really a decision that benefits us monetarily - but it definitely doesn't feel right to put out a completely broken product.

The reason Rabi-Ribi is taking so long is similar - the European build had several critical issues that Sekai fixed for their release. We're now on track to release their much more stable physical build in January or February.

Hopefully it's January so my bitterness towards Sekai Project can very slightly lessen.

I remember Sekai saying to expect something from PSX. But I just expect disappointment

So the Frisbee comes inside the box, yea? Not just tacked out outside?
Yes, it's a gatefold box that opens up with the Frisbee visible through a window on one side and the game/soundtrack visible on the other side. The poster is in with the frisbee. I'm hoping to reduce the number of folds on the poster, since the box is bigger than usual to accommodate the Frisbee.

So the Frisbee comes inside the box, yea? Not just tacked out outside?
Looking at the picture, I would say so, as it's more square than the normal rectangular CE boxes. So it looks perfect for the Frisbee to be inside.

I'm digging the poster like with La Mulana, but can't justify the price over all. It's themed really well though, and screams Wind Jammers, but just not for me(Thank God, more funds saved). LOL

Hey Josh, is there any chance you guys might offer stand alone posters in the future, like you guys have done for OST? As I would love to just buy some nice posters, and have them sent rolled vs. folded. Of course, I'm not looking to get any of the CE posters that way(although it would be nice), but maybe some future titles where they might not warrant a CE, but have some cool art work where a poster would be cool on its own.

EDIT: Beat on the Frisbee info. LOL

Looking at the picture, I would say so, as it's more square than the normal rectangular CE boxes. So it looks perfect for the Frisbee to be inside.

I'm digging the poster like with La Mulana, but can't justify the price over all. It's themed really well though, and screams Wind Jammers, but just not for me(Thank God, more funds saved). LOL

Hey Josh, is there any chance you guys might offer stand alone posters in the future, like you guys have done for OST? As I would love to just buy some nice posters, and have them sent rolled vs. folded. Of course, I'm not looking to get any of the CE posters that way(although it would be nice), but maybe some future titles where they might not warrant a CE, but have some cool art work where a poster would be cool on its own.

EDIT: Beat on the Frisbee info. LOL
I don't know - shipping posters is a tough problem. If someone buys a poster and a game there's no way to ship them together so we'd have to make two different shipments for one order, which isn't feasible with how much we collect in shipping. Mondo has a "mixed media" rate that covers two shipments, but I'm not sure how they implemented that.

I don't know - shipping posters is a tough problem. If someone buys a poster and a game there's no way to ship them together so we'd have to make two different shipments for one order, which isn't feasible with how much we collect in shipping. Mondo has a "mixed media" rate that covers two shipments, but I'm not sure how they implemented that.
That's understandable, and I know how cheap the LRG audience can be. LOL

I personally wouldn't mind paying twice, or extra, as decent poster tubes aren't as cheap as padded mailers or even your standard boxes. But I don't speak for everyone, so maybe in the future, post the question on social media with a vote and see if there's a market. I don't think there would be any problems moving 50-100 posters, especially if the quality and image are nice.

I just figured since we have gotten a few other items A la carte, there was no harm in asking about posters. But I do understand the possible shipping issue.

It's either that or release a massively broken version of the game on cartridge (as is happening with the JP version). The build of the game that is up digitally has a critical issue that makes the patch a necessity.

People get pretty upset when our Vita releases have non-essential patches, so I think the right call here is to rebuild a physical version with the bugs fixed so a patch is not necessary on the physical version. We're losing out on sales by waiting, so it's not really a decision that benefits us monetarily - but it definitely doesn't feel right to put out a completely broken product.

The reason Rabi-Ribi is taking so long is similar - the European build had several critical issues that Sekai fixed for their release. We're now on track to release their much more stable physical build in January or February.
Can someone clarify the bugs in the JP version of va-11 Hall-a? hadn't seen it had issues and can't find any info from google easily

Can someone clarify the bugs in the JP version of va-11 Hall-a? hadn't seen it had issues and can't find any info from google easily
You wouldn't really hear anything because a patch exists. People buying the physical Japanese edition aren't going to put it through as much scrutiny as ours. The developer really wants to put out the physical version ASAP, so this isn't some made up thing. He's responsible for the game in all regions and the JP release is the same as the release he's refusing to put out here.

As a heads up, the Japanese release only has Japanese. No option for English. Play-Asia isn't exactly being forthcoming with that info because they want people to blindly buy it.

The only thing I want more of from LRG are Online-focused games like Lawbreakers.

Just kidding. I want VNs, RPGs, and JPN titles

You won't make money shipping posters, don't even bother. I can tell you from a sample size well over 100,000 poster sized art prints shipped that between the ridiculous shipping cost for the tube(which you need, don't do the triangle ones, worthless) and the return rate from people tearing them taking them out or your staff screwing them up putting them in, it's not going to work.

We have a local printer who produces ours and our cost is less than 10c per, we sell for over $10 on that and it's still a struggle to make more than a pittance.

Stop with the folded up posters imo. They are a waste.   People don't pay for folded up posters.   Get into the limited/numbered print business if that's your angle. 

The quality of these CEs really needs to improve.  Soundtracks are great, but most of the other stuff doesn't really have any quantitative value perception by consumers.  Things people actually use are always cool.  Playing card decks, mouse pads, cases,  lanyards, desk figures, those kinds of things are nice.  I'd really like to see some steelbook + soundtrack CEs.  That's all it would take.  Full color instruction booklets are really nice too.  30pg art books are dumb.  If it's going to be an art book, it should be thick and meaningful. 

I can tell that you guys are looking for ways to improve your CEs. 

I think a small art book (and even a smaller game manual), like the ones included in many of the PA LE releases, is one of the best extras to include. It really gives people some nice extra visual illustrations, screenshots, character and object sketches, etc to go along with the game. Soundtracks are good too, but I'd rather have art books, manuals, or nice quality small prints to complement the game itself.

I think a small art book (and even a smaller game manual), like the ones included in many of the PA LE releases, is one of the best extras to include. It really gives people some nice extra visual illustrations, screenshots, character and object sketches, etc to go along with the game. Soundtracks are good too, but I'd rather have art books, manuals, or nice quality small prints to complement the game itself.
This sums up my want's and needs perfectly^

The frisbee is currently for sale on Fangamer for $12. That's probably the most disappointing thing for me. When I consider buying CEs, I want items that are 100% exclusive and can't be bought any other way.

Bingo! The Play Asia CEs nail it for me -- book, soundtrack, no useless junk, good price point. I know LRG cannot offer an LE similar to the Play Asia releases in terms of price, but I would be more than willing to pay an extra $10 above Play Asia's prices for an LRG LE of similar quality and contents. It sure beats $65 for an LE with stuff I don't care about. Posters, folded or not, are completely pointless for me. I am an older gamer and there is no way I want to hang folded gaming posters anywhere in my house. I enjoy listening to soundtracks and looking at books, so those are the types of things I like in a CE. Given that a good number of LRG's customers are collectors, many of whom are going for complete collections, it would be good if these CEs could be a bit more price conscious.

Was interested in Read Only Memories but it looks more visual novel and not a true point and click adventure. Also reading more about the developers and some of their tweets makes this an easy pass. Might go for Crawl though.

The programmer is out living abroad with his family and AFAIK work has slowed on the Vita version. I'm crossing my fingers it happens soon, but I don't know when that will ultimately be. We had hoped to release CSH in June!
Then what's the possibility of this having a split release like Volume (Vita/PS4) did? (or I should say currently does)

I'd like to get my KS backer PS4 copy at some point. lol

I appreciate the insight, but I'm not sure it's wise in the long run to post stuff like this.
@elessar This is a head scratcher to me, I'd rather see Josh be more transparent in the long run, instead of seeing people running the rumor mill with wild speculations on things.

I generally don't like figures in my CE, unless they are small and minimalist in style. The budget is never there for anything more.

I kinda have to agree, the folded posters are pretty meh. It's not that I'd rather not have them... but if they cost more than a cheap throw in should cost, then I'd rather that funds go toward a nice soundtrack and artbook. Those are the two key things every collector's edition should have. If you have to fit a poster into a smaller box, then it should be a cloth piece, as those can be ironed out.

It is a cyberpunk narrative adventure game.
Yeah, I'm a HUGE Snatcher fan, so anything that's cyberpunk is an instant buy for me. Sadly, I have to wait and hope the Vita version happens. But after reading the developers tweets, I'm optimistic it will happen at some point.

As a fan of Snatcher 2049 Read Only Memories is a game that I do want, but due to tight funds and the upcoming madness of Black Friday I am going to pass on this. Just bought Skyrim VR and Rocket League on Switch this week and I have to get my hands on that Windjammers Collectors Edition!

As a fan of Snatcher 2049 Read Only Memories is a game that I do want, but due to tight funds and the upcoming madness of Black Friday I am going to pass on this. Just bought Skyrim VR and Rocket League on Switch this week and I have to get my hands on that Windjammers Collectors Edition!
I was actually very relieved on the Windjammers CE reveal, as I really didn't want anything there. The poster was the best item for me, but being folded makes it easy to pass on, but I feel you. As this was a savings I can now put to some BF deals, or just some standard LRG releases coming by years end.

There have been plenty of weeks where I have only gotten one game, but this will be the first where none of them are really for me. Feels pretty weird to sit one out! Hope everyone is able to get what they hope for :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might have to pass on 2064: Read Only Memories today since it's coming to Switch next year and I'd much rather have a physical release for that version if it happens.  Hmm...

bread's done
Back