Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Doomstink, any chance there will be bundles? Adding six items and trying to check out is going to be rough.
I'll try and look into it! We're capped on how many things can display on the front page, but I'll see if we can squeeze in a mega bundle and push out one of the merch items.

I didn't mean to slight CAG with that statement - I've posted here for over a decade now so I know a wide range of people post here and my statement was pretty stupid. I'm just frustrated that we seem to be in a position where there's always someone unhappy about something and it's just tiring, you know? I mean this from a legitimate place - not some kind of petty "wha wha, why don't people like us?" spot. There have been so many times where I've honestly felt like just stopping this whole thing because I'm so mentally exhausted from constantly having to defend or justify things. Even if we took things back to plain old releases with no CEs there'd be things beyond my control driving prices up and forcing us into insane release schedules - or games that sell out too fast and result in death threats. I don't know, I just feel stuck in a losing cycle here when it comes to pleasing people.
I get all of that and I have been one of the more vocal people here on this forum in support of how you have chosen to run your business. At the same time, I think maybe you're so caught up in everything you are trying to do that you've lost sight a little bit of what it is that people loved about LRG in the first place. At the end of the day, many of us just wanted to be able to buy formerly digital games in physical format. I very much doubt that there is some large group of collectors out there that is hoping for CEs for virtually every release. I mean it's cool as on occasional thing to really honor and single out a special game, but I doubt you will find anyone who would be upset if you announced that you are scaling back on the number of CEs going forward. Ultimately, I'm going to continue to buy all of your releases and support what you're doing, but I just hope you'll take a step back and think about the possibility that maybe the tapering off of demand for the CEs isn't about the contents or the perceived resale value, but really about the fact that they represent a category of product that doesn't make a ton on sense in the context of preserving niche games.

We are absolutely scaling back the CE releases in 2018. We'll probably always have one for our Switch games, but Switch stuff is one title per month for the forseeable future. We're collaborating with Fangamer on our first Switch CEs so the level of artistry with those will be through the roof.

We are absolutely scaling back the CE releases in 2018. We'll probably always have one for our Switch games, but Switch stuff is one title per month for the forseeable future. We're collaborating with Fangamer on our first Switch CEs so the level of artistry with those will be through the roof.
Are you going to release physical copies of games that have already been released or strictly titles that don't already have a physical release already? I'm looking at what hasn't released on the Switch physically which is why I'm wondering.

I like the wind Jammers ce, like Doug pointed out at least it comes with an item you can actually get use from, not just another dust collector for your shelf

The frisbee is the reason I’m getting the CE. It’s a usable item unlike most CE items.
I like the wind Jammers ce, like Doug pointed out at least it comes with an item you can actually get use from..
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't mean to slight CAG with that statement - I've posted here for over a decade now so I know a wide range of people post here and my statement was pretty stupid. I'm just frustrated that we seem to be in a position where there's always someone unhappy about something and it's just tiring, you know? I mean this from a legitimate place - not some kind of petty "wha wha, why don't people like us?" spot. There have been so many times where I've honestly felt like just stopping this whole thing because I'm so mentally exhausted from constantly having to defend or justify things. Even if we took things back to plain old releases with no CEs there'd be things beyond my control driving prices up and forcing us into insane release schedules - or games that sell out too fast and result in death threats. I don't know, I just feel stuck in a losing cycle here when it comes to pleasing people.
Josh, you have always come off as a righteous bro, who has always seemed to want what is best for your consumer. I stated to you early on be careful posting around here(and elsewhere), especially how often, about what, and to whom. I said it would always end in the same way, and it always has.

You see that no matter how heartfelt, or how good intended your post will be, there will NEVER be 100% satisfaction, EVER! You have to be OK with that, or it's always going to bring you down time and time again. When you leave a message about how no matter what you do, you can't please everyone is the absolute truth, but that also very much shows your own frustrations, and while honest, shows a weakness. And the trolls feed on that. Why do you think the same guys leave the same comments again and again? Because they stand to get an emotion from you.

I've personally stated I don't care for most of the CE offered, but I'm also very happy to buy the standard versions of the same games. For every person like me not buying a CE, there is someone else who does. It's awesome how accessible you and Doug are on social media, and that I see with every post(good or bad), you are actually trying to improve your business. As long as that's your end goal, you'll have to accept that not pleasing all people is OK.

Remember the three S's of business.........Some will, Some won't, So what! Some one will always appreciate what you do, there will always be just as many who don't, and at the end of the day, so what? Is you business successful? Are you happy with what you get to do each day? So why let someone else take your joy away? Continue to use the forums as a guide to improve, but also don't let it keep you up at night either.

Are you going to release physical copies of games that have already been released or strictly titles that don't already have a physical release already? I'm looking at what hasn't released on the Switch physically which is why I'm wondering.
None of what we've signed is available physically yet.

I was all in for the Windjammers CE, but decided to just get the standard edition on PS4.

CE is very cool, but I'd rather save the extra money since I just bought a slew of new games and am picking up Doom VFR and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 after work today.

I was all in for the Windjammers CE, but decided to just get the standard edition on PS4.

CE is very cool, but I'd rather save the extra money since I just bought a slew of new games and am picking up Doom VFR and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 after work today.
Same here. Plus with DD4 and RC dropping next week, the regular is the way to go for me lol.

Dumb question. Is it possible to play Windjammers local multiplayer through Vita TV? 

EDIT: Responding to my own question. It looks like someone on Reddit says that this game doesn't support Vita TV or local multiplayer for Vita.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back and forth but decided I rather get another game later instead of the CE. I think it's borderline worth the value but having never seen the posters in person not sure the quality.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I went back and forth but decided I rather get another game later instead of the CE. I think it's borderline worth the value but having never seen the posters in person not sure the quality.

I am in the same boat as you and decided I would rather use the money I would have spent on the CE to preorder iam8bit's new PS4 release of What Remains of Edith Finch. There are just too many limited release games being announced now that I need to be more selective. Will pick up the standard version of Windjammers though.

Well, I splurged on the Vita collectors edition. I like the alternate cover, but Windjammers just holds a special place in my heart for me (arcade fun with family). This is the first game I double-dipped on with a regular PS4 copy. I also grabbed a pink shirt. My mom is always telling me I need new T-shirts.

Another Friday, another lot of LRG entries. Today, I opted for the PS4 version of Windjammers (gotta have that multiplayer) and the PS Vita version of Claire. (single player game with basic graphics, and it runs on the PS TV) Relatively easy choices this time.

Got regular ps4 Windjammers. For whatever reason PayPal said I had been inactive for too long after waiting in line. Which makes no sense as I was logged into PayPal in a different window that was working perfectly fine. Amazon takes a few extra steps but I guess I'll just use them in the future.

If you ever select "save information for next time," but don't have your phone the next time, it's kind of hard to check out. You have to switch to guest checkout.

In for a CE/Standard of Windjammers and 1 copy of Claire.  As many complaints about CE's as I've seen.. I personally thought the Windjammers one was pretty cool.  My only regret is that they have been releasing too many cool items and I've spent way too much money lately.  My backlog of games is getting out of hand.

Decisions were made. I was in the middle of a job interview when everything went live. Really hope I don’t miss the second round..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decisions were made. I was in the middle of a job interview when everything went live. Really hope I don’t miss the second round..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck with the job. I got you covered for WindJammers standard at cost if you miss tonight and want that. Just message me if that happens.

Thanks guys.
I honestly dunno if I even wanna buy these.
Selling wise that's a lot faster than most previous releases, but at the same time I don't even know how much I care about Windjammers and Claire I honestly can say I didn't care for. Got the Platinum for it and it left a lot to be desired, even if I do like to support horror devs a little more.
Between Black Friday and the various releases from LRG it's just a bit much.
That plus the CE's having different box art just made me question whether or not I wanna keep spending all this money to collect these games.
I was just gonna go without the CE's and do regular, but then started to think "Do I even care anymore?"

Oh well, I have a few more hours to figure that out now haha

Speaking from someone with a shelf full of CEs - I'm not sure if I care anymore either but always seem to be drawn to them somehow....

I still ended up getting it but find myself selling a bunch of CEs down the line for space and stuff. They really stick out like a sore thumb at times.

Goodluck on the job!

Thanks guys.
I honestly dunno if I even wanna buy these.
Selling wise that's a lot faster than most previous releases, but at the same time I don't even know how much I care about Windjammers and Claire I honestly can say I didn't care for. Got the Platinum for it and it left a lot to be desired, even if I do like to support horror devs a little more.
Between Black Friday and the various releases from LRG it's just a bit much.
That plus the CE's having different box art just made me question whether or not I wanna keep spending all this money to collect these games.
I was just gonna go without the CE's and do regular, but then started to think "Do I even care anymore?"

Oh well, I have a few more hours to figure that out now haha
I think you just have to realize that you can't collect every LRG game anymore. There's just too many varieties and you will drive yourself crazy and go broke trying to get them all. I have tried to go through and identify games I could potentially play someday and that's all I'm buying. I did buy the CE's of La Mulana and Nex Machina but I passed on the SE's for those games. I like what LRG is doing but sometimes I feel they are preying on the OCD of their fanbase by releasing multiple varieties of the same game (2064 comes to mind). However, the cool thing about this country is that we are free to do what we want!

I think you just have to realize that you can't collect every LRG game anymore. There's just too many varieties and you will drive yourself crazy and go broke trying to get them all. I have tried to go through and identify games I could potentially play someday and that's all I'm buying. I did buy the CE's of La Mulana and Nex Machina but I passed on the SE's for those games. I like what LRG is doing but sometimes I feel they are preying on the OCD of their fanbase by releasing multiple varieties of the same game (2064 comes to mind). However, the cool thing about this country is that we are free to do what we want!
Yeah I've pretty much said for sure I wouldn't get the CE's of Windjammers even though I wanted to have all the variants, and decided to maybe try and get the regular copies of all the games. But it's starting to turn more into games I will actually play rather than maybe play some day. Either way I'll figure out or the day will decide for me lol

Bingo

bread's done
Back