Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
As for me, I finally said " fuck it" to collecting. I've been a gamer my whole life, and always will be to some degree.. but somewhere along the way I stopped being a gamer and became a collector, spending way too much time hunting down deals, staying up for limited releases instead of sleeping, and way too much money on it all.

Like most adults I don't have a lot of free time between work, family, etc, and instead of spending the spare little free time I do get relaxing with a game, I spend that time hunting down games I don't have time to play with money I don't have. Enough is enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for me, I finally said " fuck it" to collecting. I've been a gamer my whole life, and always will be to some degree.. but somewhere along the way I stopped being a gamer and became a collector, spending way too much time hunting down deals, staying up for limited releases instead of sleeping, and way too much money on it all.

Like most adults I don't have a lot of free time between work, family, etc, and instead of spending the spare little free time I do get relaxing with a game, I spend that time hunting down games I don't have time to play with money I don't have. Enough is enough.
Yeah, I always bought games no matter what, with the intended desire to play them someday, and that is still true. The only games I have ever bought over retail where some classic games from childhood, or recent titles that are OOP and I missed while at retail. And even those titles I try to keep in reason. If something is to expensive, I just miss out.

Even the classic games I bought where still for playing, but of course buying them 30 years past retail means some cost are more, but some are less(which is good). The only games I buy full retail anymore are LE/SE/Day One Ed where selling out can be an issue, and I end up paying more down the road. Being a CAG member, I buy mostly on the cheap 9/10 times. So even though I don't get time to play most games, I didn't pay much for them, so I'm cool with it.

The difference here is, I spend very little time looking for deals or tracking down games. I'll buy a game if the price is right, but if not, I just wait out the deals. I actually play games every day, even if it's only for a few minutes, I'll always find a little break here and there. That's why I'm mostly a handheld gamer, as I can play anywhere or anytime. If I was only on consoles, I would probably never get much time to play. As with responsibilities, it's to hard to sit down in front of the TV for any great period of time undisturbed. LOL

Yeah I really need to reel in my collecting habit, getting too easy to just instantly hit BUY on any random title just cuz

Yeah, I always bought games no matter what, with the intended desire to play them someday, and that is still true. The only games I have ever bought over retail where some classic games from childhood, or recent titles that are OOP and I missed while at retail. And even those titles I try to keep in reason. If something is to expensive, I just miss out.

Even the classic games I bought where still for playing, but of course buying them 30 years past retail means some cost are more, but some are less(which is good). The only games I buy full retail anymore are LE/SE/Day One Ed where selling out can be an issue, and I end up paying more down the road. Being a CAG member, I buy mostly on the cheap 9/10 times. So even though I don't get time to play most games, I didn't pay much for them, so I'm cool with it.
I totally hear you dude. I too never bought a game I had no interest in playing... each purchase was intended to be played, some day lol. (damn you backlog)

But at some point we all have to realize, there are probably way more games out there then we have time in our lives to play them. They may be great games, but unless we win the powerball jackpot and no longer have to keep a job, and can spend all our days playing through our backlogs, we're likely to pass away eventually with shrink-wrapped games still on our shelves.

And time/money is one thing, but space?. I'm not part of the 5% and don't live in a mansion. All this stuff takes up space, especially if you're buying those big box collectors editions. But anyway, not trying to make anyone feel guilty. If you enjoy simply owning copies of games, make it all work somehow and it makes you happy, it's all good.

The difference here is, I spend very little time looking for deals or tracking down games. I'll buy a game if the price is right, but if not, I just wait out the deals. I actually play games every day, even if it's only for a few minutes, I'll always find a little break here and there. That's why I'm mostly a handheld gamer, as I can play anywhere or anytime. If I was only on consoles, I would probably never get much time to play. As with responsibilities, it's to hard to sit down in front of the TV for any great period of time undisturbed. LOL
Right on, handheld gaming ftw. I've probably made the majority of my progress in Zelda BotW on all the round-trip flights across southeast Asia. It's actually one of my favorite things about the Switch honestly, and one of the things most people misunderstand about it: that it's not a traditional portable gaming device like the Gameboy or DS/3DS were, but more like a mobile console.

Anyways, sorry to derail the thread a bit. Not trying to make this all about me, but LRG and their releases recently got me thinking about physical media and collecting, and why I'm bowing out of it all.

Yeah I really need to reel in my collecting habit, getting too easy to just instantly hit BUY on any random title just cuz
Same here. Collecting is all well and good, but I've got more games than I'll likely ever play at this point. And having stuff like the Nier Black Box just sitting in my closet makes scaling down very appealing. If I didn't hate selling on eBay as much as I do, I'd likely throw a few shelves worth of stuff up after Christmas.

I got in on a copy of Gryphon Knight Epic from Strictly Limited Games during the 2nd batch a couple hours ago. Looks like it's sold out now, but it was available for at least 10-15 minutes after I bought mine, so I hope those that really wanted it had time to get one. 

I thought this was the point of games.

2012-03-22.png

Same here. Collecting is all well and good, but I've got more games than I'll likely ever play at this point. And having stuff like the Nier Black Box just sitting in my closet makes scaling down very appealing. If I didn't hate selling on eBay as much as I do, I'd likely throw a few shelves worth of stuff up after Christmas.
I really need another book case for my games, but don't have 'room' for another book case for my games :\, might sell my Centipede cabinet to make room but that's a tough one to pull the trigger on doing

But at some point we all have to realize, there are probably way more games out there then we have time in our lives to play them. They may be great games, but unless we win the powerball jackpot and no longer have to keep a job, and can spend all our days playing through our backlogs, we're likely to pass away eventually with shrink-wrapped games still on our shelves.

And time/money is one thing, but space?. I'm not part of the 5% and don't live in a mansion. All this stuff takes up space, especially if you're buying those big box collectors editions. But anyway, not trying to make anyone feel guilty. If you enjoy simply owning copies of games, make it all work somehow and it makes you happy, it's all good.
Yeah, I started off playing/collecting the Colecovision as a child, and I sold all that I had to get an NES when it was released. For the most part, I've been doing that ever since. I've had a collection for pretty much every system(minus a few), and I've sold them all at some point. Some where big, some where small, but like I said, I only got what I had plans to play.

Every 3-5 years I take a look at life, finances, and space, and get rid of a set or two. My longest lasting one has been the Vectrex, and I'm looking to maybe sell that off after the new year. I've had that for probably over 10 years, and I only buy a game here and there for that system. The Vita is active as well, but I know that will go to at some point long before I play it all. I dumped my 3DS, Wii U and Virtual Boy collections this past year.

But I realized early on that even only having one system in my stable, playing it all was a pipe dream. I think playing and even collecting keeps me in a hobby that I've loved forever, and when it's time to move on, I do so with no tears. It also feels good to see stuff go to new homes where it will be appreciated, and maybe played more than I did. LOL

That GIF is classic^, as I saved it the last time I saw it, as that is me and then some. Minus the shelf, as all my stuff is in boxes, so I can't even stand back looking at it all proudly. LOL

Fangamer posted a photo of scalpers of their Undertale SE on ebay and good old chrisz300zx showed up on the photos, Doug you should work with fangamer and figure out who he is and shut him down!

The only system I have any aspirations of ever having a 'complete' collection for is NES (sans the $10k+ carts), I'm well over halfway there at this point, but I only buy carts loose at bargain prices when I come across them, not really putting huge effort into it

Fangamer posted a photo of scalpers of their Undertale SE on ebay and good old chrisz300zx showed up on the photos, Doug you should work with fangamer and figure out who he is and shut him down!

The only system I have any aspirations of ever having a 'complete' collection for is NES (sans the $10k+ carts), I'm well over halfway there at this point, but I only buy carts loose at bargain prices when I come across them, not really putting huge effort into it
Only kids are capable of stopping that super villain. That's what 80's/90's cartoons have taught me, anyway..

Can you link it please?

I'm truly dumbfounded by the amount of people buying these over retail. Honestly I wish I knew, as I would have bought some to flip as well, especially at this time of year. A fool and his money are soon parted I suppose. LOL

I stopped buying every release after it dawned on me I'm paying $30 plus dollars for games I routinely got for less than $5 years ago on Steam in most cases. It just made no logical sense unless I a had deep, deep, profound attachment to a game which was almost never the case and it doubly made no sense as I was not opening and playing these games. Seriously, buying so many LRG releases and paying $30 for shit like Runner 2 has been one my worse gaming decisions in years. Even sometimes making a profit on reselling them does not make up for how stupid I sometimes feel for having bought them.

I got in on a copy of Gryphon Knight Epic from Strictly Limited Games during the 2nd batch a couple hours ago. Looks like it's sold out now, but it was available for at least 10-15 minutes after I bought mine, so I hope those that really wanted it had time to get one.
damn I missed Gryphon Knight Epic :( I wish people were talking about this release before it was sold out :( does Strictly Limited Games ever have restocks?

Found chrisz300zx, only garbage fucks buy things to scalp people
Why is the dude garbage if people are willing to pay his prices? I don't get it lol. I constantly see this dude hated on, but people still buy his shit that he lists. He obviously is doing something right. He is taking advantage of an opportunity and cashing in on it.

As Jay-Z once said....

"Can't knock the hustle"

But in the end, scalpers will keep scalping as long as people are paying their prices. An item's value is determined by what people are willing to pay for it. I rarely flip shit for a profit unless I need cash (which has happened in the past). If people stopped paying stupid amounts of cash for stuff, scalpers wouldn't exist.

Why is the dude garbage if people are willing to pay his prices? I don't get it lol. I constantly see this dude hated on, but people still buy his shit that he lists. He obviously is doing something right. He is taking advantage of an opportunity and cashing in on it.

As Jay-Z once said....

"Can't knock the hustle"

But in the end, scalpers will keep scalping as long as people are paying their prices. An item's value is determined by what people are willing to pay for it. I rarely flip shit for a profit unless I need cash (which has happened in the past). If people stopped paying stupid amounts of cash for stuff, scalpers wouldn't exist.
Yeah who gives a shit what he sells stuff for. I've seen people on here trying to track him and that shits ridiculous. I sold a Sublime promo can of Sardines used to promote the song "Badfish" for $1200 that I paid $30. Some collectors called me an asshole for the price but there were multiple people wanting to buy it so high price won. Some people here need to relax on the Nissan guy selling practices.

Yeah who gives a shit what he sells stuff for. I've seen people on here trying to track him and that shits ridiculous. I sold a Sublime promo can of Sardines used to promote the song "Badfish" for $1200 that I paid $30. Some collectors called me an asshole for the price but there were multiple people wanting to buy it so high price won. Some people here need to relax on the Nissan guy selling practices.
Damn, $1200 for some sardines? Holy shit, count me in and twice on Sundays. LOL BTW, great song, so if I had been a fan back when it was released, I could have easily bought one as well. I love cool promo stuff like that.

I think my best buy of that type was the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition for the 360. I bought it at launch, as the game looked way cool, and I figured why not? Once the game released to amazing reviews, the set was long gone, and prices went up slowly over time.

I ended up playing the standard version, and never opened my LE, and I sold it years later for around $1400. I bought it originally for myself, but never had the time or space to display anything. So when I do my regular selling off of items to make room for new stuff every few years, I sold it and never looked back.

Damn, $1200 for some sardines? Holy shit, count me in and twice on Sundays. LOL BTW, great song, so if I had been a fan back when it was released, I could have easily bought one as well. I love cool promo stuff like that.

I think my best buy of that type was the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition for the 360. I bought it at launch, as the game looked way cool, and I figured why not? Once the game released to amazing reviews, the set was long gone, and prices went up slowly over time.

I ended up playing the standard version, and never opened my LE, and I sold it years later for around $1400. I bought it originally for myself, but never had the time or space to display anything. So when I do my regular selling off of items to make room for new stuff every few years, I sold it and never looked back.
https://www.ebay.com/p/Dead-Space-Ultra-Limited-Edition-Microsoft-Xbox-360-2008/110689307

Shoulda waited lol

As Jay-Z once said....

"Can't knock the hustle"

Ebay whiners are a different breed of low intelligence. You can find them on every forum that is associated with any kind of merchandise. Best to put them on ignore and move on. They cannot be rationalized with.

Bumslie = suBlime yeah it was a great promo item. Same guy bought a cassette tape for $800. Here's a fan site that has pics of my sardine can up there before I sold it. They go for around $2-300 in today's collectors market.
http://www.sublimegman.com/collectibles/self-made-promos/the-insanely-rare-badfish-sardines-self-made-by-the-band-rare

Ebay whiners are a different breed of low intelligence. You can find them on every forum that is associated with any kind of merchandise. Best to put them on ignore and move on. They cannot be rationalized with.
My friend sells Funko Pops on eBay and was contacted by the buyer 3 weeks after the auction asking for $10 back because the market dropped. I just laughed when he showed me the message.

Funny that recently LRG games are worth jack shit, but invisible hours/paranormal activity/job simulator are worth triple/quadruple/sextuple their costs. Weird

My friend sells Funko Pops on eBay and was contacted by the buyer 3 weeks after the auction asking for $10 back because the market dropped. I just laughed when he showed me the message.
Stuff like this is why I hate selling on eBay. Buyers can be complete tools and eBay will side with them 99% of the time if it escalates to a dispute.

Yeah, that was the first one I saw when I looked it up today. But the going rate is in the $700 range it looks like, as those are the ones actually selling. Anyone can list any price, but getting it is a different matter entirely. LOL

Stuff like this is why I hate selling on eBay. Buyers can be complete tools and eBay will side with them 99% of the time if it escalates to a dispute.
Most of my personal items I make sure the buyers know, NO REFUNDS/RETURNS! I also sell a lot for others, and I list pretty much the same for their items. I agree 100% though, as Ebay is the worst in regards to sellers.

I've fine tuned my techniques over the years, and haven't had any issues in a few years now. My volume has been higher as well, so if anything, I should have some issues just by the numbers. I have had a few try to slip past with some nonsense, but I nip them in the bud when and where I can. LOL

Most of my personal items I make sure the buyers know, NO REFUNDS/RETURNS! I also sell a lot for others, and I list pretty much the same for their items. I agree 100% though, as Ebay is the worst in regards to sellers.

I've fine tuned my techniques over the years, and haven't had any issues in a few years now. My volume has been higher as well, so if anything, I should have some issues just by the numbers. I have had a few try to slip past with some nonsense, but I nip them in the bud when and where I can. LOL
Saying "no returns accepted" means very little, unfortunately. It can be circumvented if the buyer says the item wasn't as described, regardless of whether it is/isn't as described. I learned this very recently when a buyer demanded a refund for an item because there was a tear in the shrinkwrap (even though the tear was pictured in my listing).

Fun times, but I digress. This is the LRG thread, after all. Slow news on the LRG front, I imagine we'll get some news on/after the holidays, though.

yup, eBay will bend over backwards to defend buyers and screw sellers over, I had a guy file a dispute because I didn't 'properly package' a big box FF7 PC Box Only, which is literally just a cardboard box, that I put inside of another larger USPS flat rate cardboard box. eBay made me refund him the entire fee, didn't make the guy ship me back the item that I no longer had in my possession, and then flagged my account, good times from eBay.

Saying "no returns accepted" means very little, unfortunately. It can be circumvented if the buyer says the item wasn't as described, regardless of whether it is/isn't as described. I learned this very recently when a buyer demanded a refund for an item because there was a tear in the shrinkwrap (even though the tear was pictured in my listing).
Yeah, I agree it doesn't mean much in regards to Ebay, and what they will allow. But for me, I put it front and center in my listings, and color highlight it as well. So where in the past, I would have buyers claim they didn't know this or that, now it's not something I deal with much anymore.

Of course I can get a clown tomorrow making trouble, but as I stated, having dealt with almost any and all problems over the years. It's made me a better seller for sure, and I rarely if ever have any issues currently. And I average hundreds of items a month(normally).

It's incredible what kind of personalities you run in to on eBay. Most of my customers are good, but the few rotten apples I've dealt with manage to balance that out. Over time you learn to spot them ahead of time though because certain patterns become apparent (like have little to no feedback, asking extremely dumb questions, etc)

It's incredible what kind of personalities you run in to on eBay. Most of my customers are good, but the few rotten apples I've dealt with manage to balance that out. Over time you learn to spot them ahead of time though because certain patterns become apparent (like have little to no feedback, asking extremely dumb questions, etc)
So very true, as I tell potential buyers on a regular basis to look elsewhere. As I can tell from the start when some are going to be more trouble than their worth. My "blocked bidders" list is well in to the hundreds at this point, as any issues I have from possible customers, or past ones go on the list. That is probably another one of the reason I don't have many issues anymore, as I know who to place on the list and when. LOL

Been a good run with no mention of chris. Good going.
chrisz300zx

When are we getting a reprint of Breach & Clear?

When's my copy of Skullgirls coming?

Where's my Sekai Project release?

Can you combine shipping?

Where's Phantom Breaker?

Where's that release from you guys that Play Asia already did?

Too few releases

Why would I buy from you when Play Asia already had it?

Scalpers suck

eBay sucks

No sell out again!

Too many releases

Ok, now that's out of everyone's systems again, don't bring it up for the rest of the year.

Yep, most people who ask questions simply aren't worth dealing with. They cause headaches, are picky, just want a discount, and are generally ready to make trouble for you.

If you have a question, it better be a business memo. Cuz you can pick out the shitbags instantly.

I'm sure that I'm a terrible buyer to deal with because I'm so fussy about condition. At the same time, though, I ask the questions to avoid a return. I expect that a human adult can look at a video game and tell me if the piece of paper that is the cover art has indents or creases. It's much better to ask rather than just return 90% of the things that I buy. Then again, I still end up returning a lot of things due to this; apparently it's quite difficult to see extremely obvious creases in a piece of paper. It's scary that these people have drivers licenses lol.

Yep, most people who ask questions simply aren't worth dealing with. They cause headaches, are picky, just want a discount, and are generally ready to make trouble for you.

If you have a question, it better be a business memo. Cuz you can pick out the shitbags instantly.
I almost always ask when buying a sealed game if the seal is damaged, because some seller's think no matter how badly the seal is damaged if it's still on it the game is brand spanking new.

bread's done
Back