Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Can we take the Ebay discussions elsewhere?   The only thing more annoying than people posting about ChrisZ are the constant posts about how to deal with difficult buyers and sellers on Ebay.  Seriously, nobody cares about your side business.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy the eBay discussion from the buyer side, the seller side, and the second hand LRG market side. So 'no one' caring isn't quite accurate. 

Can we take the Ebay discussions elsewhere? The only thing more annoying than people posting about ChrisZ are the constant posts about how to deal with difficult buyers and sellers on Ebay. Seriously, nobody cares about your side business.
Is this your first day here?

95% of the discussions in this thread have very little to do with the thread title, so roll with it, or roll on out. LOL As it's not going to end just because you want it to, but I do applaud your naivety.

I'm sure that I'm a terrible buyer to deal with because I'm so fussy about condition. At the same time, though, I ask the questions to avoid a return. I expect that a human adult can look at a video game and tell me if the piece of paper that is the cover art has indents or creases. It's much better to ask rather than just return 90% of the things that I buy. Then again, I still end up returning a lot of things due to this; apparently it's quite difficult to see extremely obvious creases in a piece of paper. It's scary that these people have drivers licenses lol.
Yep. I have no interest in selling to someone like this. Sorry, it's not personal. You just have a very high likelihood of taking money out of my pocket.

90% of the questions I get asking about item condition go ignored because I don't want to sell to that person. They cost me money. I include pictures that speak for themselves.

Yep. I have no interest in selling to someone like this. Sorry, it's not personal. You just have a very high likelihood of taking money out of my pocket.

90% of the questions I get asking about item condition go ignored because I don't want to sell to that person. They cost me money. I include pictures that speak for themselves.
Yeah, I get where you're coming from. I just expect that an adult should be able to notice a crease in a piece of paper, see if a disc is scratched, see if a box is creased, etc. Pictures very, very rarely show enough detail compared to a good 30 to 60 second once over in person.

Is this your first day here?

95% of the discussions in this thread have very little to do with the thread title, so roll with it, or roll on out. LOL As it's not going to end just because you want it to, but I do applaud your naivety.
Yes, and I applaud your hypocrisy. At least the ChrisZ discussion has some connection to Limited Run Games. The fact that you and your flipper buddies don't have the common courtesy to take your seriously off-topic discussion elsewhere says a lot about the kind of people you are. Let me just close by wishing you and your associates plenty of "item not as described" claims in the coming year. You all deserve it.

Back on topic, according to Douglas on the LRG forums there will actually be one new release on January 1st during the end of year sale, as well as releases on January 5th.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. I just expect that an adult should be able to notice a crease in a piece of paper, see if a disc is scratched, see if a box is creased, etc. Pictures very, very rarely show enough detail compared to a good 30 to 60 second once over in person.
I'll answer most questions that are within reason, as that's my job when it's all said and done. It's funny, as I have sold things for thousands and never got a single question from the buyer, then I'm selling a $3 book, and I get 50 of them. LOL

I've just about given up on asking questions myself, as I agree, the level of what some people can and can't discern is scary sometimes. What some sellers pass off as "mint" is insane, as I can see the defects in their pictures, which pretty much says mint ain't gonna happen.

Let me just close by wishing you and your associates plenty of "item not as described" claims in the coming year. You all deserve it.
Yeah, not gonna happen, but you can dream I suppose.

Time is money, you are an expensive customer.

apparently BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 has a Korean physical release, but Limited Run Games is supposed to release a physical release? Is this still the case? I was gonna buy this game from play asia, but would rather get the LRG release if it's still being planned?

apparently BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 has a Korean physical release, but Limited Run Games is supposed to release a physical release? Is this still the case? I was gonna buy this game from play asia, but would rather get the LRG release if it's still being planned?
They won't completely confirm it, but Douglas did warn people to hold off on buying the Korean release a few weeks ago.

chrisz300zx

When are we getting a reprint of Breach & Clear?

When's my copy of Skullgirls coming?

Where's my Sekai Project release?

Can you combine shipping?

Where's Phantom Breaker?

Where's that release from you guys that Play Asia already did?

Too few releases

Why would I buy from you when Play Asia already had it?

Scalpers suck

eBay sucks

No sell out again!

Too many releases

Ok, now that's out of everyone's systems again, don't bring it up for the rest of the year.
okay you know i'm the only one who regularly mentions Phantom Breaker lol

They won't completely confirm it, but Douglas did warn people to hold off on buying the Korean release a few weeks ago.
So they can get sales versus PA??? Id buy it NOW in hand and be done with it. No reason to wait for a LRG version? Probably wont have anything special to entice people but a $39-49 price range with a reversal cover at best. Seems the rights to distro are very hard to get or given out by the company, doubt well see a LRG anytime soon.

They already beat again LRG with Ghost Blade HD for $24.

It's not even guaranteed. lol. What if the deal falls through and the Korean Version was actually short print and goes OOP during the wait time? 

So they can get sales versus PA??? Id buy it NOW in hand and be done with it. No reason to wait for a LRG version? Probably wont have anything special to entice people but a $39-49 price range with a reversal cover at best. Seems the rights to distro are very hard to get or given out by the company, doubt well see a LRG anytime soon.

It's not even guaranteed. lol. What if the deal falls through and the Korean Version was actually short print and goes OOP during the wait time?
Yeah LRG said they would do their own run of Ghost Blade but I heard that they won't be doing that anymore. Glad I ended up getting the PA CE.
They only make those announcements so the collectors that prefer the NA releases don't get burned buying the Asian release, when they more than likely would prefer the NA copy.

If an ESRB NA version is of no concern, and you just want a game physical, by all means get whatever version you want. I prefer a NA option when possible, but I own many Asian/EU releases. I've been lucky on the Vita side, as the few times I considered the Asian release, I ended up waiting for whatever reason(mostly being broke at the time), and a NA version ended up happening.

Each point made is more than valid, as Asian options have sold out, LRG has cancelled versions that where supposed to happen, and the Play-Asia offerings have been a better value more often than not. But as stated, many here prefer the NA versions, and if there is a possibility of LRG releasing certain titles, I think it's a nice courtesy to give a warning, so that people don't miss out on their preferred version.

I don't see it as some under handed scheme to sell more of their version, when every game they have released has sold out anyways. But people will see what they want, and state it as such.

Yeah LRG said they would do their own run of Ghost Blade but I heard that they won't be doing that anymore. Glad I ended up getting the PA CE.
Yes, they won't be doing it because there is a standard edition of the game coming from Play Asia in March likely taking whatever demand is left. As others have pointed out, if you don't care about the region or packaging of the game, you should absolutely take what's available now. Personally, I am happy to buy an LRG version, but I'm not going to lose any sleep if I don't get a physical version of this particular game at all.

We canceled Ghost Blade HD a few weeks ago, not because PA "beat" us with anything - but because the developers made their deal with EAS behind our backs and a standard edition release was always in the cards from EAS. There was just absolutely no reason for us to release the game. It would have been a waste of our time and effort and it would have wasted a release day slot that could have instead gone to something new.

We canceled Ghost Blade HD a few weeks ago, not because PA "beat" us with anything - but because the developers made their deal with EAS behind our backs and a standard edition release was always in the cards from EAS. There was just absolutely no reason for us to release the game. It would have been a waste of our time and effort and it would have wasted a release day slot that could have instead gone to something new.
That sounds exactly like something Hucast would do. The DC community is well aware of their shady dealings and practices, and with 'Ghost Blade' specifically.

can you let us know if we should be holding out on BATTLE GAREGGA REV 2016 still ? I would rather support LRG, but I also don't want to wait for LRG, and then it not happen and then the korean version is OOS. thank you

All I can say is that we *want* to release it. I don't personally think the Korean version is limited in quantity and I believe it will be reprinted as long as demand exists.

Is the Korean version completely playable in English? From what I can see of all the screenshots, the interface is in English, so I assume it's not a problem?

I got in on a copy of Gryphon Knight Epic from Strictly Limited Games during the 2nd batch a couple hours ago. Looks like it's sold out now, but it was available for at least 10-15 minutes after I bought mine, so I hope those that really wanted it had time to get one.
To be honest, reading this surprised me.

Toyko 42 only had 2600 copies and still have around 800 left when I looked last week. I watched some vids and it didn't interest me at all. Still shocked it blew out so quickly, didn't have money, but also glad I didn't want it either.

Received my La Mulana EX CE today. I know people griped about the price, but it's pretty nice. Big improvement from the last one I purchased (Ys). I really dig the quality of the box - thick cardboard and high-quality embossing (presumably - I'm no lithographer). The contents also feel sturdily packed inside the CE. It seems like LRG is listening to our feedback and learning from past CEs, which I appreciate.

To be honest, reading this surprised me.

Toyko 42 only had 2600 copies and still have around 800 left when I looked last week. I watched some vids and it didn't interest me at all. Still shocked it blew out so quickly, didn't have money, but also glad I didn't want it either.
Not gonna lie, I definitely got sucked into the hype a bit on this one. It was one of those games I was mildly interested in, definitely didn't need it, but when I saw the print run was only 999 I went ahead and bit because I figured if I wanted it later down the road it would be a pain in the butt to get. Had the print run been a few thousand I probably would have just let it go figuring I would come across a copy later.

Was suprised to come home to find my copy of WindJammers in the mailbox. Just as I was about to open it and play I jumped on CAG and noticed it was on sale on PSN for $8. Lol! The foil card it came with was a nice bonus too. This will be a show piece now.

Received my La Mulana EX CE today. I know people griped about the price, but it's pretty nice. Big improvement from the last one I purchased (Ys). I really dig the quality of the box - thick cardboard and high-quality embossing (presumably - I'm no lithographer). The contents also feel sturdily packed inside the CE. It seems like LRG is listening to our feedback and learning from past CEs, which I appreciate.
My only feedback about the La Mulana CE is that I found it a bit odd that the title of the game is only on the top flap. It looks a bit odd on a shelf with the spines facing outward. This is the only one of the 4 LRG CEs I have that is like that. The overall artwork (mainly the fact that there is something significant on the back of the box) is a big step up from the previous CEs I have (Wonder Boy and Ys), though.

Was suprised to come home to find my copy of WindJammers in the mailbox. Just as I was about to open it and play I jumped on CAG and noticed it was on sale on PSN for $8. Lol! The foil card it came with was a nice bonus too. This will be a show piece now.
You got Windjammers already?

Here I am waiting for Claire and Windjammers to ship. Lol

My only feedback about the La Mulana CE is that I found it a bit odd that the title of the game is only on the top flap. It looks a bit odd on a shelf with the spines facing outward. This is the only one of the 4 LRG CEs I have that is like that. The overall artwork (mainly the fact that there is something significant on the back of the box) is a big step up from the previous CEs I have (Wonder Boy and Ys), though.
IndieBox did that to some of their game cases and it drove me effing nuts.

Probably not the best time to list Mecho Tales for sale at $30/$40.  It's $3.99 with PS+ and $1.99 on Steam right now.

And charging $10 extra for a slipcover?  If the developer is looking for charity, Go Fund Me is probably a better option.

Probably not the best time to list Mecho Tales for sale at $30/$40. It's $3.99 with PS+ and $1.99 on Steam right now.

And charging $10 extra for a slipcover? If the developer is looking for charity, Go Fund Me is probably a better option.
These will still sell out in seconds given the print runs are 1500 on each of the standard and 1000 on each of the Developer Editions with a limit of two per person on each. I like slipcovers and will be buying one of each version. The great thing about this is that nobody is forcing you to buy anything and you can always skip these releases and not be penalized or prevented from buying the next releases.

These will still sell out in seconds given the print runs are 1500 on each of the standard and 1000 on each of the Developer Editions with a limit of two per person on each. I like slipcovers and will be buying one of each version. The great thing about this is that nobody is forcing you to buy anything and you can always skip these releases and not be penalized or prevented from buying the next releases.
Standard edition cover looks better and is cheaper so win-win for me.

Probably not the best time to list Mecho Tales for sale at $30/$40. It's $3.99 with PS+ and $1.99 on Steam right now.

And charging $10 extra for a slipcover? If the developer is looking for charity, Go Fund Me is probably a better option.
Yeah it should be $24.99 the game has negative reviews as well and $10 extra for just a slipcover and extra trading card is really expensive but people'll still buy it.

Yeah it should be $24.99 the game has negative reviews as well and $10 extra for just a slipcover and extra trading card is really expensive but people'll still buy it.
At least this should be good on the wallet and an easy pass. My guess is they made a super low print run because the game sucks and people need an incentive to buy it (1500 SE,1000 dev print runs). As you mentioned it will still sell out fast so I guess it’s a win win for everyone.

Why is it 30?
My guess would be due to the ESRB maybe? With such low qty's, there's not much there to cover cost otherwise.

EDIT: I have to say, this game looks like utter shit, and that's coming from someone who has bought every Vita title at LRG. As I've always found some interest in each game that I would like to try, but damn, I may have to rethink this one. LOL

If I get the Developers Edition, will that have both covers, or just the one shown? I actually prefer the standard edition cover more. But if both are included, I may lean that way if I even opt for this at all. I already broke my CE streak awhile back, and this may be my break from the standard ones as well, but that low qty is calling me like a siren leading me in to the rocks! LOL

Why is it 30?
The digital game is $19.99 so this just follows the standard model, nothing to do with ESRB or other factors. It's just digital price + $10.

We already have this game in hand - the $3.99 digital sale wasn't well-timed on their part, but not really much we can do. We have to get this out there and if we waited any longer to announce it people would end up upset that we waited too long.

We definitely are listening to feedback - with the Nex Machina CE we added the holder for the lithographs to make sure there was nothing flopping in the box. With La-Mulana, we made sure everything was tightly contained in the box. On Double Dragon and River City we even went with a smaller box, though that was mostly for stylistic reasons - but we're actually looking to keep that format now.

I'm glad that you like how the La-Mulana CE turned out!

I'll be happy to see the smaller CE format stick around.

Probably won't be buying many more PS4 titles though. I may be selling my PS4 to further fund my switch after really playing around with it some.

So when will Claire and Windjammers ship?
We've been shipping standard PS4 copies out of both. Windjammers Vita isn't in yet in any capacity (but will be by sometime next week) and the CEs won't be ready until probably the end of the first week of January.

bread's done
Back