Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
People are always going to think that. Just not here, but on Facebook and stuff
Yeah, I was on Gamefaqs a few months back for the Vita Darius was due to release, and Holy Shit, the comments where just insane. Since that was a $50 retail release, all hell broke loose. After a few comments, I just left, as there was no hope for those poor bastards, they just wanted blood, and nothing was changing their minds. LOL

Yeah, I was on Gamefaqs a few months back for the Vita Darius was due to release, and Holy Shit, the comments where just insane. Since that was a $50 retail release, all hell broke loose. After a few comments, I just left, as there was no hope for those poor bastards, they just wanted blood, and nothing was changing their minds. LOL
I think that's about when the Vita subreddit started to despise us. I realize people irreparably hate us in some communities, but I figure it is worth the effort on CAG to try and transparently explain the decisions I've made. :)

Any vinyl gonna be available in the sale? I kinda want risk of rain but ehhhh I'm not sure. I had a chance at one point to buy one but I slept on it.

Gamefaqs is never civil... it's the wild, wild west of the internet.

Any vinyl gonna be available in the sale? I kinda want risk of rain but ehhhh I'm not sure. I had a chance at one point to buy one but I slept on it.
There may be some vinyl - I'm considering selling what is left of that on Record Store Day, but we'll see!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/928706174437986304

I know you did this for me Doomstick.

Thanks!

anime-crying-gif-16.gif
So when are you guys going to officially announce this

Of course you're allowed, but he's also allowed to comment on it with a matter of fact response if he wishes.

I don't personally feel that he should be wasting time and energy on those responses, and should really just let it go, but hey, whatever floats his boat.

Really though Josh, sometimes it's just fine to accept posts are just posts. Don't cause yourself to burn out again trying to defend every last comment. Only the ones that actually are substantive, then possibly, but even then, I'm not sure it's really worth the effort. Most of the time people just want to be a part of a discussion without actually contributing to it substantively.

Don't take it as a personal responsibility to need to respond. There's already plenty of people that will do that in this thread. Save your efforts and responses to those that genuinely are looking for one, rather than those that aren't.
No spontaneous gif to maintain cheerfulness? May I suggest one with an anime character burnt out from typing too much?

I think that's about when the Vita subreddit started to despise us. I realize people irreparably hate us in some communities, but I figure it is worth the effort on CAG to try and transparently explain the decisions I've made. :)
I frequent the Vita sub and I the general attitude toward LRG seems to be positive at best, ambivalent at worst. Aside from that "Sure." customer service fiasco, the feedback is largely what I see everywhere else I frequent (frequency of releases, variable quality, etc.). A lot of people there are just nervous because of the Switch and anxious to see how LRG and other companies navigate the platforms. Most of us know the Vita's been on its way out for a while and we're happy to get whatever support companies are willing to give the platform.

I frequent the Vita sub and I the general attitude toward LRG seems to be positive at best, ambivalent at worst. Aside from that "Sure." customer service fiasco, the feedback is largely what I see everywhere else I frequent (frequency of releases, variable quality, etc.). A lot of people there are just nervous because of the Switch and anxious to see how LRG and other companies navigate the platforms. Most of us know the Vita's been on its way out for a while and we're happy to get whatever support companies are willing to give the platform.
The thread from last Summer where I suggested the possibility that we might stop pursuing the Atelier games due to the reaction to DARIUSBURST's price was straight up vitriolic. There was also some kind of mini-controversy where people thought we blocked the PAL physical release of Rabi-Ribi (we didn't). I kind of stopped personally checking after that so maybe opinions improved?

The thread from last Summer where I suggested the possibility that we might stop pursuing the Atelier games due to the reaction to DARIUSBURST's price was straight up vitriolic. There was also some kind of mini-controversy where people thought we blocked the PAL physical release of Rabi-Ribi (we didn't). I kind of stopped personally checking after that so maybe opinions improved?
I think those instances are more to do with how Reddit works as a platform. It's asynchronous and comments are ordered by popularity, so the highest-rated, most visible comments are usually strong, immediate reactions. It's much more difficult to proliferate a follow-up message to Reddit than here or Twitter (where things are ordered chronologically and you have a wider reach on your accounts). Once those updates got spread around people generally cooled down. The recent AMA was pretty well received and helped remediate some of the standing questions/issues people had.

All that to say, I think the Vita subreddit is pretty in-line with the rest of the customer base as far as satisfaction goes. Reddit is just a nightmare to do PR on (see the recent Battlefront II fiasco).

New LRG boxes are legit af.

Couldn't be happier to have a physical copy of Windjammers. Most wanted game of the year, for me. Love that game more than my future children.

We've got some other cool stuff planned for that day too!
Any idea how many blinds boxes you will have? and what will the limit be per customer?

Also, why isnt this starting at 12 ET? West coast people are totally screwed as no one is going to wake up at 7 AM on a Holiday, especially one where most people drink the night before.

Any idea how many blinds boxes you will have? and what will the limit be per customer?

Also, why isnt this starting at 12 ET? West coast people are totally screwed as no one is going to wake up at 7 AM on a Holiday, especially one where most people drink the night before.
You booze you lose!

I'm already stressing over the idea of trying to get everything I missed out on and losing it all
Yeah, your going to have to be very selective and then some. Hopefully LRG post those qty numbers soon, so you can try to plan accordingly. To say it's going to be a blood bath is an understatement. LOL

If there's a really rare game with low qty's, you may want to grab that alone, and then come back for those games with higher qty's. There's no easy answer or strategy really. I was amazed at the qty's some around here got on BF, but games where released thru out the day. So that allowed those F5 all day to score well if they where there at the right times.

With everything going up at the same time, it's pretty much the same problem for everybody. If some only needs 1-2 titles, their in good shape. For those who need 3 or more, your fuck! It sucks, as you can spend valuable minutes getting something rare, only to lose out last minute. Then your higher qty games may be gone, leaving you with nothing.

A couple of months ago there was a discussion about unnumbered Shadow Warrior 2 copies. I believe someone from LRG had suggested that when the printer eats covers then the replacements are unnumbered. Well months later I got a response from SRG and this is what it said "We made a few extra which were intentionally unnumbered, which were meant for the press.  But then we oversold our inventory a little bit, and were forced to send out some of the press copies.  If rarity is your concern, know that these are much rarer than their numbered counterparts.  But still, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Rich
Special Reserve Games"

So SRG made more than the numbered copies plus the 1000 special LRG variant copies. 

A couple of months ago there was a discussion about unnumbered Shadow Warrior 2 copies. I believe someone from LRG had suggested that when the printer eats covers then the replacements are unnumbered. Well months later I got a response from SRG and this is what it said "We made a few extra which were intentionally unnumbered, which were meant for the press. But then we oversold our inventory a little bit, and were forced to send out some of the press copies. If rarity is your concern, know that these are much rarer than their numbered counterparts. But still, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Rich
Special Reserve Games"

So SRG made more than the numbered copies plus the 1000 special LRG variant copies.
I ordered SW2 and Strafe from that sale. I got a number SW2 but got the LRG variant Strafe but did not have the LRG exclusive sticker on the cover. Wonder what's the story with that?:whistle2:k

Anyone have any info about windjammers on vita shipping?  i ordered that and claire together, and have had NO shipping info.  But i got steamworld 2 pack shipping already.  

And skullgirls vita?  i KNOW its not LRG fault.  im just deeply disappointed and frustrated by the devs total lack of any explaination at this point since Oct 27 on twitter and further back on their official site.  I feel bad for josh and doug and the rest as they have had nothing but a nightmare over this game.  

As for mecho tales... im struggling to wanna buy this after how they have handled skullpirates and the plague road KS campaigns.  

And skullgirls vita? i KNOW its not LRG fault. im just deeply disappointed and frustrated by the devs total lack of any explaination at this point since Oct 27 on twitter and further back on their official site. I feel bad for josh and doug and the rest as they have had nothing but a nightmare over this game.
You haven't been keeping up. They submitted what is presumably the final build of Skullgirls Vita around Late November. The blame for all delays near the end is largely Sony since they keep denying them over stupid things that Lab Zero did not think were important to fix. While they havent upfront about the status of the certification, it is estimated to be coming February at the earliest. I'll be asking Ravi bout the status.

Anyone have any info about windjammers on vita shipping? i ordered that and claire together, and have had NO shipping info. But i got steamworld 2 pack shipping already.

And skullgirls vita? i KNOW its not LRG fault. im just deeply disappointed and frustrated by the devs total lack of any explaination at this point since Oct 27 on twitter and further back on their official site. I feel bad for josh and doug and the rest as they have had nothing but a nightmare over this game.

As for mecho tales... im struggling to wanna buy this after how they have handled skullpirates and the plague road KS campaigns.
We've been shipping standard PS4 copies out of both. Windjammers Vita isn't in yet in any capacity (but will be by sometime next week) and the CEs won't be ready until probably the end of the first week of January.
The sale page also had January as a ship date.

I see the blind boxes are up. Pretty cool they are showing the odds of each game. I’m tempted because I’d like to get skull girls or one of the early releases but knowing my luck I’ll get one of those crappy mutant games LOL.

Also - does anyone know when super gunworld 2 is shipping? I thought I saw a post where someone already got theirs but I could be mistaken,

If you're referring to New n Tasty, they won't. Josh mentioned something about part of this shipment being lost/stolen by USPS so there are no extra copies available apart from the initial sale batch.
Wow, never knew this... that's one of the games I was hoping would be in the blind box but guess that's out of the question.

Its pretty impressive that Breach and Clear (Vita) is listed in the Uncommon (14% chance) blind box category as opposed to the rare (3% chance) one.

I should be sent a trading card for SMRPG, from when I bought it originally, just saying.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to when their trading card packs will be offered. As we all missed out on these earlier redo cards, as they weren't ever offered originally. I understand not sending them for free, as we got the post card and stickers at the time. I'm just happy they went back and made cards for their earlier releases.

That being said, I would like the opportunity to buy the ones for games I already had. As it may be difficult and costly to try to get them now thru packs. But I guess offering specific cards to customers directly would kind of kill the whole "trading" part of the equation. I just prefer not having to deal with outside sources to get the cards I want, but it may be fun(time will tell).

Its pretty impressive that Breach and Clear (Vita) is listed in the Uncommon (14% chance) blind box category as opposed to the rare (3% chance) one.
Didn't even notice that they listed what games were gonna be in blind boxes, but yeah, that is a good point. I'd think they would have exhausted copies of B&C by now, since it was in blind boxes last year too.

Didn't even notice that they listed what games were gonna be in blind boxes, but yeah, that is a good point. I'd think they would have exhausted copies of B&C by now, since it was in blind boxes last year too.
Yeah, I'm amazed by this as well. But since it was their first title, It stands to reason they held on to many copies just to be able to have them over a longer stretch, for whatever reasons(promotions, contest, charities, late fans, etc.).

Josh said somewhere that the extra copies they found were sampler copies from Sony for them to approve. I think he said they're missing the barcode.

I usually don't do blind boxes but I am very tempted by the Vita blind box. Only game I have that's in the set is Broken Age so hopefully seems like my chances of getting something else, something that I'd enjoy are fairly high.mmm what to do

Hey Josh, any chance we see some trading card bundles like you guys did last year for the stickers & post cards? I know the packs aren't ready to go yet, but I would love to have the chance to get some now. As there isn't much else I need from the LRG back catalog currently.

Josh said somewhere that the extra copies they found were sampler copies from Sony for them to approve. I think he said they're missing the barcode.

I usually don't do blind boxes but I am very tempted by the Vita blind box. Only game I have that's in the set is Broken Age so hopefully seems like my chances of getting something else, something that I'd enjoy are fairly high.mmm what to do
https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/946942408318750721

bread's done
Back