Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/959441277824614400

Factotum-90 has the reversible cover art. There are 1500 copies with one cover facing out and 500 with the other facing out. The 500 copy cover “variant” (facing out) is only available in a bundle with the soundtrack.

They will also be putting up more Sky Force Anniversary. They supposedly had a lot of cancelled orders for abusing limits.

Edit: After the backlash for putting the reversed cover behind a “soundtrack pay wall”, you can get both cover variants by ordering two copies. To make up for it, they are offering extra crap in the soundtrack bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be aware of what Home is.  It's basically a walking simulator with some very basic adventure elements.  It probably even could be considered more of a visual novel, but you do have some interactivity.   Think the most basic point and click type adventure game, except your conversations are with yourself and the few interactive things highlight with a nice white border when you walk near them.  If you check everything you find twice and explore every area before exiting places, it's a super easy game.   I finished it (the original iOS version) while sitting in a waiting room while a family member was seeing a doctor.   It's not a long game, maybe an hour or so.  It's not really a horror.  I found the story pretty depressing and the experience not something I'd want to repeat despite my love for the pixel graphics.  I'm sure changing a few of the choices might make it more enjoyable but the story reminded me a lot of Actual Sunlight except that dealt more with depression and suicide while this goes down a similar yet different path.  I also have no intention of replaying Actual Sunlight.

For collectors this won't mater.  But don't be fooled into thinking this is some kind of action horror game with pixels.

The art style and graphics of games like 'Home' are just not for me. I didn't grow up on 8-bit games, so that look always seems a little dated to me. It's silly, yes, because gameplay should come first, but you have to like what you're looking at the entire time too. So next week will save me money lol

Be aware of what Home is. It's basically a walking simulator with some very basic adventure elements. It probably even could be considered more of a visual novel, but you do have some interactivity. Think the most basic point and click type adventure game, except your conversations are with yourself and the few interactive things highlight with a nice white border when you walk near them. If you check everything you find twice and explore every area before exiting places, it's a super easy game. I finished it (the original iOS version) while sitting in a waiting room while a family member was seeing a doctor. It's not a long game, maybe an hour or so. It's not really a horror. I found the story pretty depressing and the experience not something I'd want to repeat despite my love for the pixel graphics. I'm sure changing a few of the choices might make it more enjoyable but the story reminded me a lot of Actual Sunlight except that dealt more with depression and suicide while this goes down a similar yet different path. I also have no intention of replaying Actual Sunlight.

For collectors this won't mater. But don't be fooled into thinking this is some kind of action horror game with pixels.
Yeah Home was a big disappointment for me for all the reasons you listed.

I feel like LRG drops the ball a lot by releasing games years after they've been out on PSN.  Home came out in 2014, is regularly $4.99, and I'm sure anyone who wanted it would have bought it anytime in the past 3+ years either at regular price or when it was on sale for $0.95.  So now it shows up on LRG for $24.99.  A 500% markup from regular price or a 2,500% markup from sale price...for a pixilated walking sim that can be 100%ed in less than an hour.

Maybe it's because I'm not thinking of it in terms of a collector who buys LRG releases to have them sit sealed on a shelf; I love physical releases and will buy them over downloadables 99.44% of the time, but it's to play them. So I'm probably not the right audience for a release like this. However, I feel like if they'd release their games day and date with the downloadable versions, like they did with Night Trap, I'd be more likely to buy more games from them over passing them up because I already own them from PSN.

The art style and graphics of games like 'Home' are just not for me. I didn't grow up on 8-bit games, so that look always seems a little dated to me. It's silly, yes, because gameplay should come first, but you have to like what you're looking at the entire time too. So next week will save me money lol
These Retro style indie games just have terrible art and gameplay. NES and SNES games still look fine to me.

These Retro style indie games just have terrible art and gameplay. NES and SNES games still look fine to me.
SNES games look fine to me too. I think it's the (understandable) lack of color that doesn't attract me to NES games. But I don't like big, blocky pixels either.

Home was free on PSN+ at some point and I barely made it pass the opening hour, it was so uninteresting. Easy pass for me too.

I collect horror games so I was interested in home but not when I saw it was $4.99 on PSN and reading what was said here. I'm not paying a $20 premium unless it's something I really want or some kind of limited edition like Play-Asia had with Coma - and that was a $15 premium not $20.

I collect horror games so I was interested in home but not when I saw it was $4.99 on PSN and reading what was said here. I'm not paying a $20 premium unless it's something I really want or some kind of limited edition like Play-Asia had with Coma - and that was a $15 premium not $20.
Coma is the worst game I played last year. Home is a masterpiece in comparison.

Is it time for blind boxes of shame yet? 2 of mine came in. Good old Mutant Mudds Deluxe and Runner 2 on Vita. Eh...pretty much what I expected.

Got the swapper from the blind box, should have known it was gonna be something I already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got Broken Age and Dragon Fantasy... already have both. Passed on a ton of games in recent months so I was hoping to get something I didn't have but oh well. 

Got my Blind Boxes in today 1x PS4 and 1x Vita.

Was surprised I got Skullgirls PS4!

1zcojsk.jpg

Got Broken Age and Dragon Fantasy... already have both. Passed on a ton of games in recent months so I was hoping to get something I didn't have but oh well.
Dragon Fantasy was one of the "rarer" titles if I remember the percentages they listed correctly when the boxes went up. You can probably trade it for something you want, or sell it.

Got my Blind Boxes in today 1x PS4 and 1x Vita.

Was surprised I got Skullgirls PS4!

1zcojsk.jpg
I thought Skullgirls was supposed to come with a slipcover? Or was that for preorders only?

While not a ton of super rare blind box offerings, I would say hands down most post seem way better than what was offered last year. For sure many great "trade" level titles, which is never a bad thing to have.

Got the swapper from the blind box, should have known it was gonna be something I already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it the PS4 version or the Vita one? I'd be kind of interested in taking it off your hands if it's the PS4 version.

My blowout package is scheduled to get here Wednesday. Glad I just got stuff I wanted instead of blind boxes, but still missed out on Caladrius.

Am I the only fool whos blindbox still says "unfulfilled"?...
Mine at least says fulfilled on the site, but the shipping label they provided over a week ago now still says "pre-shipment" on USPS site :( Dunno if that's going to make things worse for me but I just opened a ticket asking them to please double check on the orders

which ver. Vita is coming in Late February or March.

If it is the PS4 version, they sent them out already. If you didn't get the PS4 version, there is a problem and should email Support immediately.

Got my blinds in today, better than what I expected, but not what I hoped for.

Now have 3 copies of :vita: La Mulana and a spare Plague Road which is not bad actually. Now I have something to trade for a couple missing early LRG titles.

My blind boxes were pretty bad.  2 x Runner2 and 1x Stealth (all Vita).   Unfortunately didn't want either of them and I'm stuck with two of Runner 2.

Still waiting for my Windjammers to arrive.

Looks like tracking hasn't updated on it since January 31st.

Rock Boshers hasn't gotten here either. :(

UPS is the worst.

Anyone know how and/or why some eBay sellers are listing the Windjammers Collector Edition so cheap? If they paid LRG's asking price of $64.99 plus shipping, there are several sellers who will lose money. Did LRG discount these or give some away or something?

Anyone know how and/or why some eBay sellers are listing the Windjammers Collector Edition so cheap? If they paid LRG's asking price of $64.99 plus shipping, there are several sellers who will lose money. Did LRG discount these or give some away or something?
Nope, the only thing happening now is that these games/CE are going to the actual fans, and nothing more. The ones listed on Ebay aren't selling for more because the demand isn't there.

Everyone who wanted a copy had more than enough time and chances. So now you have tons of guys who bought it, hoping for a quick flip and there is none. Even Night Trap and Wonder Boy barely get over retail now, but everyone was up in arms at release. The more listed, the less those will go for, it's basic supply & demand.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again........There is nothing wrong over at LRG, except for now games are being produced in the right numbers, nothing more and nothing less. If someone misses out on a game, the chances are very good you can get it months later for retail, or maybe just slightly more, which isn't bad.

why would LRG discount their own stuff when all the stuff they release funds the next release?

They could be review/promotional copies, in which case, won't have the typical damage of hole punches, UPC slices, etc. that a regular cover art would incur, so you wouldn't be able to tell if it was even one they got for free or not.

Got 2x Blind Boxes for each system, got Furi on PS4 and Dariusburst for Vita, which I'm pretty stoked about. I'm honestly debating on keeping the other 2 sealed, just because I like how they look.

Ended up getting Oceanhorn for my PS4 blind box, not disappointed because it's something I didn't have, but if anyone has a spare Skullgirls 2nd Encore and would like to trade (I also have an unopened Windjammers PS4 standard and a few Switch games if that helps!) let me know!

I received my Runner 2 Vita bundle with the PAX variant cover. The PAX cover is punctured and ripped. It's actually a little impressive because the shrink wrap itself is not punctured. I guess I'll open up a ticket, but how many PAX covers would LRG have at this point anyway.

bread's done
Back