Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one mentioned the price hike in the Super Hydorah CE that was listed in the email.  Its now listed at $54.99 instead of $39.99 (I'm guessing the $39.99 price was an error on the developer's part since that is where it was first listed).  Here I thought the $39.99 price was reasonable since all you were getting was a soundtrack, folded poster and larger outer box - all of which Play-Asia usually includes in their normal CEs for $29.99.

I just don't really understand how Play-Asia can provide a similar product for $29.99 to $34.99 whereas LRG has to charge $54.99 or more for it.  Maybe a couple dollars more, but $20 to $25?

I'm surprised no one mentioned the price hike in the Super Hydorah CE that was listed in the email. Its now listed at $54.99 instead of $39.99 (I'm guessing the $39.99 price was an error on the developer's part since that is where it was first listed). Here I thought the $39.99 price was reasonable since all you were getting was a soundtrack, folded poster and larger outer box - all of which Play-Asia usually includes in their normal CEs for $29.99.

I just don't really understand how Play-Asia can provide a similar product for $29.99 to $34.99 whereas LRG has to charge $54.99 or more for it. Maybe a couple dollars more, but $20 to $25?
dont worry. you'll get some extra trading cards to make up for it. Is that okay? :p

Play Asia can get away with cheaper prices because they are based in Hong Kong and can do everything super cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
dont worry. you'll get some extra trading cards to make up for it. Is that okay? :p

Play Asia can get away with cheaper prices because they are based in Hong Kong and can do everything super cheap
So its cheaper to manufacture CDs, posters, and CE outer boxes in Asia?

So its cheaper to manufacture CDs, posters, and CE outer boxes in Asia?
By a huge margin. It's why many US book publishers print in China now and have the books shipped to the US. When workers are paid next to nothing and you don't have strong pollution, safety or health protection requirements, production costs go way down. Of course, it's a terrible price to pay for cheaper goods.

"You'll get your shit eventually":

t3aXtWe.jpg

All jokes aside, I'm glad to have it in my collection and it's a really nice release. I'm a big fan of slipcases on the Vita and the sticker is nostalgic for the older LRG releases.

By a huge margin. It's why many US book publishers print in China now and have the books shipped to the US. When workers are paid next to nothing and you don't have strong pollution, safety or health protection requirements, production costs go way down. Of course, it's a terrible price to pay for cheaper goods.

There's a reason why 98% of things you buy say "Made in China"
Fair enough, yet regular retail games are the same price or more in Japan compared to the US. For example the Japanese version of Monster Hunter World is $79.99 at Play-Asia as opposed to $59.99 for the normal US edition.

Also, I'm sure LRG uses Asian components in the items they sell. Are we assuming the tariff to import these goods is so high that a $20 surcharge needs to be added to each order to cover it?

My rule of thumb for the deluge of "limited release" physical games as of late is as follows: if I've never heard of it before the announcement that it's getting a physical release, I probably don't want it. So when I see an announcement for a game like Owlboy or Darkest Dungeon, I'm all over it. Conversely, when I get an email regarding "limited physical release of Guns Gore & Cannoli!" I simply don't bother. Harsh, I know but it saves me money in the long run. I figure I'm well enough informed about video games news that any game worth it's salt will have at least fallen onto my radar at some point before I hear about its physical announcement.

That said, bring on Hellblade and Cuphead!

Got the e-mail with next week's releases, and man, everything about that Lethal League game just looks so ugly to me. :(

As for Play Asia, and I'm totally talking out of my butt here, I'm guessing they can offer lower prices in part because they have a larger economy of scale.

I also figure that LRG charges more because they know they can (I mean, even the stinkers usually sell out after a couple of days), and because maybe they have higher production costs for smaller print runs?

do people get those limited run stickers for free or do you pay .50 for em? ive ordered over 10 times from limited run games and not one of em came with a sticker. NOT ONE!!!

Josh has mentioned in the past that the bulk of the additional cost is with the soundtrack. I don’t remember the specifics, but that was the reason he gave.

do people get those limited run stickers for free or do you pay .50 for em? ive ordered over 10 times from limited run games and not one of em came with a sticker. NOT ONE!!!
They stopped sending stickers and postcards last year and switched to trading cards.

My rule of thumb for the deluge of "limited release" physical games as of late is as follows: if I've never heard of it before the announcement that it's getting a physical release, I probably don't want it. So when I see an announcement for a game like Owlboy or Darkest Dungeon, I'm all over it. Conversely, when I get an email regarding "limited physical release of Guns Gore & Cannoli!" I simply don't bother. Harsh, I know but it saves me money in the long run. I figure I'm well enough informed about video games news that any game worth it's salt will have at least fallen onto my radar at some point before I hear about its physical announcement.

That said, bring on Hellblade and Cuphead!
Yeah trying to go after all of these limited releases would be absolutely ridiculous for anyone without deep pockets. It would amount of potentially hundreds of dollars each month, on games that would mostly just sit on a shelf. So my rule of thumb was to stop physical media altogether because my OCD collector mind just couldn't pass up releases even for games I'd normally not care to play.. and so I it became obvious that all these other releases coming out would likely take me to a very dangerous place financially if something wasn't done about it.

Now it feels great to watch all of these limited releases, seeing the prices and counting all the money saved.

As stated, the stickers/post cards where switched over awhile back to just a single trading card. Since Skullgirls is from over a year ago, that sticker is from an older order when they where still offered. Many combined Volume with Skullgirls, and they should be getting a sticker for that game as well(and maybe a post card if any are still available).

As stated, the stickers/post cards where switched over awhile back to just a single trading card. Since Skullgirls is from over a year ago, that sticker is from an older order when they where still offered. Many combined Volume with Skullgirls, and they should be getting a sticker for that game as well(and maybe a post card if any are still available).
copy that. i guess i missed out cause i just started buying from em when Flame in the Flood got released. So far i have 20 different limited run games, not including the ones that hasnt shipped out yet. 50 cents aint so bad i guess.

I managed to quit smoking a couple years ago, looks like I will be implementing the same technique to get off this limited run games collecting train.

...maybe after next Friday.

I got 3-4 emails about new releases yesterday and one today as well. This is just so aggressive and makes me want to unsubscribe from the email list. Please consider condensing it down to just 1-2 emails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got 3-4 emails about new releases yesterday and one today as well. This is just so aggressive and makes me want to unsubscribe from the email list. Please consider condensing it down to just 1-2 emails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have
2 is enough

I managed to quit smoking a couple years ago, looks like I will be implementing the same technique to get off this limited run games collecting train.

...maybe after next Friday.
Congratulations on quitting smoking, and good luck quitting the collecting habit because in some ways it might be an even more difficult thing to let go.

Picked up a sealed Flinthook and soundtrack bundle for $20. Seller said he got tired of seeing them taking up shelf space. Love when buyers start liquidating their collections.

Congratulations on quitting smoking, and good luck quitting the collecting habit because in some ways it might be an even more difficult thing to let go.
Thanks Squeegor. It took several times over a course of several years to finally quit smoking, hopefully this video game buying habit won't be so hard.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, that if you use ebay, you want to avoid the below buyer. 

He bought a couple of LRG releases from me, and then claimed he didn't get them. He opened a dispute with paypal, and kept my games for free.

If you use ebay, I suggest you block this guy or risk him also taking advantage of you. 

i_heart_vinyl_and_video_games

Ryan La Rue

PO Box 172

Colton, OR 97017

United States

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, that if you use ebay, you want to avoid the below buyer.

He bought a couple of LRG releases from me, and then claimed he didn't get them. He opened a dispute with paypal, and kept my games for free.
Did you mail the items thru Ebay/Paypal with proper tracking? While the protections in place for sellers are pretty ass over at Ebay, mailing to the proper address with tracking is not one of them normally. I just had some one claim an order was a credit card fraud. I had tracking and a signature of the persons last name signing for it. Needless to say, my funds are fine.

"You'll get your shit eventually":

t3aXtWe.jpg

All jokes aside, I'm glad to have it in my collection and it's a really nice release. I'm a big fan of slipcases on the Vita and the sticker is nostalgic for the older LRG releases.
Have there been other Vita games with slip covers? I can't remember seeing any. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you use ebay, I suggest you block this guy or risk him also taking advantage of you.

Ryan La Rue
PO Box 172
Colton, OR 97017

United States
I've sold some LRG cards to this guy, have had no problems so far but will keep and eye out

Ryan La Rue

PO Box 172

Colton, OR 97017

United States
Do you have proof he actually received them?

Ryan La Rue
PO Box 172
Colton, OR 97017

United States
But how much were you scalping the games for is my question...

Ryan La Rue

PO Box 172

Colton, OR 97017

United States
u been very unlucky on ebay jeff. u kept posting this or that guy scamming u.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the price hike in the Super Hydorah CE that was listed in the email. Its now listed at $54.99 instead of $39.99 (I'm guessing the $39.99 price was an error on the developer's part since that is where it was first listed). Here I thought the $39.99 price was reasonable since all you were getting was a soundtrack, folded poster and larger outer box - all of which Play-Asia usually includes in their normal CEs for $29.99.

I just don't really understand how Play-Asia can provide a similar product for $29.99 to $34.99 whereas LRG has to charge $54.99 or more for it. Maybe a couple dollars more, but $20 to $25?
It wasn't an error lol. They're squeezing more money from the completionists who are going to buy it no matter what.

Standard went from $24.99 to $39.99 and now it's showing $29.99. Who knows what it will be on Friday.

Our CE components are made in the USA. It is much cheaper to have everything produced in China and why Play-Asia is cheaper. 

We use a major local printing company and everything is made here. 

Just wondering, but has there been any news on when Screencheat is supposed to start shipping out? I have a couple buddies that are waiting on me to get my copy so we can play together and they keep asking me when I’m supposed to receive it.

I mean, I guess if the soundtrack is like 48 tracks, it'd be good, but they usually mention the size in the description, which has me worried.

Just wondering, but has there been any news on when Screencheat is supposed to start shipping out? I have a couple buddies that are waiting on me to get my copy so we can play together and they keep asking me when I’m supposed to receive it.
I just got a shipping notification this afternoon on my Screencheat/Bit Trip order.

Just a FYI for people who actually plan to open and play Fallen Legion for Vita. It looks worse, longer load times, has massive framerate drops(that mess up timing) to single digits and is choppy throughout. Also some save issues.

Just a FYI for people who actually plan to open and play Fallen Legion for Vita. It looks worse, longer load times, has massive framerate drops(that mess up timing) to single digits and is choppy throughout. Also some save issues.
Does this apply to the digital version, too?

bread's done
Back