Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
got my copy of metronomicon and revenant saga . got an extra trading card that states its an actual printing plate used to manufacture it. its the only one that exists 1 of 1. do they usually do this or is it the first time they've done it? has anyone esle ever gotten one of these?
Ah that's so cool dammit! I have yet to even get a gold card haha. I'm hoping the cards for keto blaster are really cool... That's the first game I actually am excited to see the cards for. I'd love to get a plate for that if it's cool.

Today is my first time ever attempting to purchase anything from LRG. Are there any tips to being successful? Aside from creating an account, having a default address, and being signed into paypal to save time? Or is Amazon Pay better or faster?

I apologize in advance because I imagine this has been asked 1,000,000 times.
I've only ever used Paypal, and since it hasn't failed me, I have yet to try the Amazon Pay. Yeah, being signed in to Paypal, as well as LRG is about the best you can do. There is a part in check out with Paypal, where you need to input your phone number, as it doesn't save that info. So have that copied to your browser, so once it ask for that info, you can paste and keep moving. With this being a Wednesday release, not sure how busy it will be. And the game being offered seems about one step above Mecho Tales(or below, depending on POV), so it should last a few minutes at least. LOL

I've only ever used Paypal, and since it hasn't failed me, I have yet to try the Amazon Pay. Yeah, being signed in to Paypal, as well as LRG is about the best you can do. There is a part in check out with Paypal, where you need to input your phone number, as it doesn't save that info. So have that copied to your browser, so once it ask for that info, you can paste and keep moving. With this being a Wednesday release, not sure how busy it will be. And the game being offered seems about one step above Mecho Tales(or below, depending on POV), so it should last a few minutes at least. LOL
Thanks. That helps. Wednesday is probably the worst day for me.

Yeah I'm not interested in the game but anyone going for a complete VR set is gonna have to get it
That's me. I have all of the physical U.S. releases so far (which isn't many) except for the few released recently that I'm waiting to drop in price. $25 for this one is a lot for me. I'm not used to spending straight cash for videogames when I usually have giftcards at GS, BB, or Amazon.

Today is my first time ever attempting to purchase anything from LRG. Are there any tips to being successful? Aside from creating an account, having a default address, and being signed into paypal to save time? Or is Amazon Pay better or faster?

I apologize in advance because I imagine this has been asked 1,000,000 times.
open the game's page and watch the counter. once there is a few seconds left to 0:00 start refreshing the page. I say this cause from past experiences the timer will just stay at 0:00 and not turn into a BUY IT button. Also sometimes stuff goes on sale few seconds earlier i hear.

Surprisingly sold well. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, but completionists do need their game. Also LRG said in their email about it's their least published amount for a game or something, which probably got the resellers salivating.

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck in' wow. Paypal didn't work. I chose my bank account, but LRG tried to use a credit card that was expired (within paypal). I can't believe I missed it. I only got a couple hours of sleep. I'm going back to bed.

open the game's page and watch the counter. once there is a few seconds left to 0:00 start refreshing the page. I say this cause from past experiences the timer will just stay at 0:00 and not turn into a BUY IT button. Also sometimes stuff goes on sale few seconds earlier i hear.
Thanks. I was wondering about that kind of thing. It took me 2 seconds after the timer to start refreshing like a madman. Next time I'll start refreshing before the timer

Easiest way to guarantee you get a game is to do as follows (always has worked for me):

1. Log into limitedrungames.com
2. Put an item in your cart (such as a shipping box if you are doing one game)
3. Go through the check-out process up until you see the button "Complete order"
4. Click on the Limited Run Games logo to go back out, but remain logged in so your info and other stuff is saved
5. Wait for the games to go live and then add them to your cart
6. Go through the checkout process once again which should be painless since you pre-saved all your info and shipping stuff prior
7. Either remove the shipping box (if you bought 2+ games since it automatically gives you a box for free or keep it if you are just buying 1 copy) and complete your order
8. Profit

Keep in mind you obviously can't bullshit and take your time, but this way is the most efficient and ultimately guarantees you a copy unless you run into unforeseen circumstances such as having shitty internet or a computer that has less memory than a fucking Commodore desktop from the 80's.

They were only selling around 1200 copies, which is a small run even by LRG's standards. So it's not really surprising that it sold out quickly. I snatched a copy, even though I already got the game digitally in a previous PSN sale. (for very little, I think it was going for only $3 in that sale) The game has some decent reviews, it's not a bad game. It shouldn't be surprising that there is some demand for a physical copy, even if it doesn't have the kind of high profile that usually results in fast sell-outs.

Thanks. I was wondering about that kind of thing. It took me 2 seconds after the timer to start refreshing like a madman. Next time I'll start refreshing before the timer
Yeah, sorry about that, as I forgot to state you need to start refreshing with a few minutes left to go. Sometimes they start early, and waiting on the timer to end, you may be in the danger zone by then. They have more this afternoon, so if you have the time, learn from the morning issues, and you should be good.

Easiest way to guarantee you get a game is to do as follows (always has worked for me):

3. Go through the check-out process up until you see the button "Complete order"
4. Click on the Limited Run Games logo to go back out, but remain logged in so your info and other stuff is saved
6. Go through the checkout process once again which should be painless since you pre-saved all your info and shipping stuff prior
7. Either remove the shipping box (if you bought 2+ games or keep it if you are just buying 1 copy) and complete your order
8. Profit

Keep in mind you obviously can't bullshit and take your time, but this way is the most efficient and ultimately guarantees you a copy unless you run into unforeseen circumstances such as having shitty internet or a computer that has less memory than a fucking Commodore desktop from the 80's.
Thanks. I think I understand everything except why do you keep the shipping box if you buy 1 copy or remove it if you buy 2? If you remove it with one copy, does it delete your payment info you're trying to save?

Yeah, sorry about that, as I forgot to state you need to start refreshing with a few minutes left to go. Sometimes they start early, and waiting on the timer to end, you may be in the danger zone by then. They have more this afternoon, so if you have the time, learn from the morning issues, and you should be good.
No problem. Thanks for trying to help. It's disheartening. If I miss this first VR game, there's no chance in hell I'll ever attempt to buy a LRG again.

Thanks. I think I understand everything except why do you keep the shipping box if you buy 1 copy or remove it if you buy 2? If you remove it with one copy, does it delete your payment info you're trying to save?
Any time you buy 2+ PS4 games, they are automatically shipped in a box. If you buy one copy, they ship it in a mailer unless you add a box to your order (which I recommend doing). If you buy 1 PS4 and 1 Vita copy in the same order, I also believe that you will not get a box UNLESS you buy 2 PS4 and 1 Vita. Basically, you need to have 2 PS4 copies of any game/games to get them shipped in a box. Someone from limitedrungames can probably clarify this better.

I use the item in my cart to make sure the info is saved. All my single copies I buy I always add a box, so by doing this in advance it makes checkout much easier. Hope this helps.

I use the item in my cart to make sure the info is saved. All my single copies I buy I always add a box, so by doing this in advance it makes checkout much easier. Hope this helps.
This should be your main takeaway, Sonic. Adding the box is meant to give you a *slight* advance on entering some of your stored information. If you are buying one copy of the game, you can keep the box in case you are worried about it getting banged up in the mail. OR, you can remove the box from your cart after you added the game once it goes live. If you order two copies of the game, the box is redundant since you automatically get one when ordering 2+ PS4 games at once.

So here'e my newb question then. I've only ordered once from LRG. It went super smooth because

a) it was N++, which took several days to sell out

b) I was on my desktop, signed in, refreshing, etc. (turns out that wasn't needed)

Today I can only do this from mobile as I missed the first batch. Is this much more difficult or impossible?

So here'e my newb question then. I've only ordered once from LRG. It went super smooth because

b) I was on my desktop, signed in, refreshing, etc. (turns out that wasn't needed)

Today I can only do this from mobile as I missed the first batch. Is this much more difficult or impossible?
I usually order games while taking a bath in the tub on my phone, so, no, not difficult, I would not advise using paypal though if mobile, just use saved info

No you should be fine as long as you have a good connection. I always use mobile and I’ve only missed one game that I wanted, which was because I was in an airport.

The way I’ve akways done it is using PayPal. I make sure I’m signed in on both PayPal and LRG and start refreshing with about 1 minute left. Be prepared to have to type in your phone number, not sure why but it makes me do this every time.

Difficult. I can see the next batch selling out within 3-4 minutes. Just do your best, and if you miss out...well it's been as cheap as $3.74 or whatever was said. Not impossible, but expect disappointment.

Any time you buy 2+ PS4 games, they are automatically shipped in a box. If you buy one copy, they ship it in a mailer unless you add a box to your order (which I recommend doing). If you buy 1 PS4 and 1 Vita copy in the same order, I also believe that you will not get a box UNLESS you buy 2 PS4 and 1 Vita. Basically, you need to have 2 PS4 copies of any game/games to get them shipped in a box. Someone from limitedrungames can probably clarify this better.

This should be your main takeaway, Sonic. Adding the box is meant to give you a *slight* advance on entering some of your stored information. If you are buying one copy of the game, you can keep the box in case you are worried about it getting banged up in the mail. OR, you can remove the box from your cart after you added the game once it goes live. If you order two copies of the game, the box is redundant since you automatically get one when ordering 2+ PS4 games at once.
Thank you again. I've practicing and I get it now (even though I'm falling asleep as we speak).

One final question: What do I say to my boss at work when he inevitably wants to get some important work done at 6:00pm EST? "Sorry dude, shut up and wait while I try to buy a rare virtual reality videogame. It looks like Minecraft, but you stand there and shoot mother fuck ers" :D

I believe it's one PS4 game, and anything else, including 1 Vita game if memory serves correctly. So a PS4 game +1, should get you a box automatically.

Here AGAIN for my 6 month Salt and Sanctuary check. A little less then 6 months this time because I though "there's no way they would go ANOTHER 6 months without releasing"... Still not out? I'll be back in 6 months then.

You maniacs ordering these games on your phone while in your bath are crazy. Every time I order a LRG title, I do it at my Linux desktop PC. I clear Firefox ahead of time, and don't have anything running in the background. My Linux box is hard-wired to my Gigabit switch, which is in turn hard-wired to my router and cable modem. Everything is as fast and stable as I can make it. With a business model like this, I don't leave anything to chance if I don't have to.

Doing this sort of thing from a mobile browser with a wireless internet connection while lounging in a bath tub... you might as well hire a man-servant to order games for you.

Thank you again. I've practicing and I get it now (even though I'm falling asleep as we speak).

One final question: What do I say to my boss at work when he inevitably wants to get some important work done at 6:00pm EST? "Sorry dude, shut up and wait while I try to buy a rare virtual reality videogame. It looks like Minecraft, but you stand there and shoot mother fuck ers" :D
if u buy 1 game, u will get it shipped in a bubble envelope. 100% of the time i ordered 1 game, i get a loose disc from them. i never gotten a loose disc when they ship in a box. if u get a loose disc, u can pop it back in without opening the game. just look it up on youtube on how its done. if u gonna open and play the game anyway, then u dont need to worry. they dont get scratched easily.

7. Game already sold out
8. Go buy it on eBay

9. Someone else profits
FTFY.

Seems like the logical solution is to quit your job.

No more nagging bosses.

Problem solved.

Difficult. I can see the next batch selling out within 3-4 minutes. Just do your best, and if you miss out...well it's been as cheap as $3.74 or whatever was said. Not impossible, but expect disappointment.
Good advice. Preparing for disappointment/reality is key. My level of desire for this is a solid 6.5 out of 10. I love VR, I really love physical VR games, but I don't plan on having a complete physical VR set nor do I think that this game is that interesting. I will do everything I can to order it but if work gets in the way or if they just sell out that fast I'll have no ill will towards Limited Run.

I use Paypal every time, and have never missed an order or been cartjacked.   Yeah, you have to wait for the timer sometimes but everything else is automatic except for entering your phone number at the final step.  Either get used to Paypal or entering your personal info fast with copy/pasting, which many people seem to fail at doing. 

January-07-2012-15-49-32-game.jpg

You can buy Thimbleweed Park for 9.99 on PSN right now
I think more people buy LRG games to have boxes on the shelf. I'm pretty bad at playing games myself and think I've only opened up one LRG game. Maybe I should open up this old Breach & Clear lol. There also is a very easy to get 20% off code in another forum right now.

You can buy Thimbleweed Park for 9.99 on PSN right now
I own Thimbleweed, twice, on different digital services. I'm going to get the Switch version from LRG anyway.

To be fair, the Switch is a really great platform for this type of game, so there is some value there. And there are some games that I would not be willing to double-dip on in this manner. Point and click adventure titles happen to be my jam. In fact, I'm going to have to twist my own arm in order to avoid getting the collector's edition. I think I can pull it off. I do NOT need the collectors edition, but the allure of that original Lucas-Arts style box is strong.

I feel like I have to buy Thimbleweed on PS4 even though I'd prefer it on Switch only since all my other LR games are on PS4. Don't want to get in the habit of double dipping.

Batch #2 sold out in less than 2 minutes. It's good to see the game sell so well!
I ended up getting a copy in batch #2 thanks to all of the advice here. Thanks again to everyone who posted today. I swear to God when there was 20 something seconds left in the countdown, I was refreshing like crazy, and my hands were sweating, that was the moment my boss's assistant walked in to tell me my boss needed me. "Ok, just one minute please" (while thinking "could you please bother me literally any other moment today, thank you"). It was bound to happen.

I wanted to buy an extra copy but I didn't even have the balls to spend half a second changing the quantity and another half a second removing the $1.99 shipping box for fear I would miss out. After already paying the $5.50 shipping for one game, it seems worth it to just buy another copy to trade here if there's no additional shipping cost and you get the box for free.

Is the ebay thing just a running joke here? I'm looking at completed listings now and I can't find any recent games that are worth it at all. I see the crazy old stuff like Breach and Clear go for a lot. The recognizable franchises like Shantae and Oddworld are alright. I'm honestly asking. I haven't sold anything on ebay in about a decade, so maybe I'm missing something.

I ended up getting a copy in batch #2 thanks to all of the advice here. Thanks again to everyone who posted today. I swear to God when there was 20 something seconds left in the countdown, I was refreshing like crazy, and my hands were sweating, that was the moment my boss's assistant walked in to tell me my boss needed me. "Ok, just one minute please" (while thinking "could you please bother me literally any other moment today, thank you"). It was bound to happen.

I wanted to buy an extra copy but I didn't even have the balls to spend half a second changing the quantity and another half a second removing the $1.99 shipping box for fear I would miss out. After already paying the $5.50 shipping for one game, it seems worth it to just buy another copy to trade here if there's no additional shipping cost and you get the box for free.

Is the ebay thing just a running joke here? I'm looking at completed listings now and I can't find any recent games that are worth it at all. I see the crazy old stuff like Breach and Clear go for a lot. The recognizable franchises like Shantae and Oddworld are alright. I'm honestly asking. I haven't sold anything on ebay in about a decade, so maybe I'm missing something.
First off, glad to see you got a copy, congrats on the win. LOL

Yeah, even the most popular games of last year, there are only a few that are kind of high now on the secondary market. Most just have a standard mark up for a game that is out of print, but not in really high demand. Normally $5-$20 seems to be the going rate most often. The demand isn't gone per say, but so many flippers put up copies together and it kills any potential good flips. Most buyers see how many options there are, and they just sit and wait, as they know the prices will be dropping daily.

First off, glad to see you got a copy, congrats on the win. LOL

Yeah, even the most popular games of last year, there are only a few that are kind of high now on the secondary market. Most just have a standard mark up for a game that is out of print, but not in really high demand. Normally $5-$20 seems to be the going rate most often. The demand isn't gone per say, but so many flippers put up copies together and it kills any potential good flips. Most buyers see how many options there are, and they just sit and wait, as they know the prices will be dropping daily.
That makes sense. Not to mention when you sit and wait for the prices to drop, you have the benefit of probably being able to buy on one of those days ebay has a $15 off $75 promo or the ones lately like 15% off or $20% off

For anyone that missed Pixel Gear and doesn't really care about having the LRG version specifically, there's a physical Chinese disc version on Ebay that includes 3 other games (Weeping Doll, Dying Reborn, Light Tracker) for $46 shipped. The description says it includes English language/subtitles so assuming you don't need to know Mandarin to be able to play it. Weeping Doll is a horrible game (speaking from personal experience) but I haven't played the others. At $46 for 4 games though it isn't really any more expensive than paying LRG $30 for one. 

I know the collectors will say it's not the same, but I'm just trying to help anyone who may have wanted a physical copy of the game to play in general.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-VR-Fun-Pack-Dying-Reborn-Weeping-Doll-Pixel-Gear-Light-Tracker-for-PS4-VR/232605558904?hash=item36285f2878:g:E7IAAOSwLUpaVFK9

For anyone that missed Pixel Gear and doesn't really care about having the LRG version specifically, there's a physical Chinese disc version on Ebay that includes 3 other games (Weeping Doll, Dying Reborn, Light Tracker) for $46 shipped. The description says it includes English language/subtitles so assuming you don't need to know Mandarin to be able to play it. Weeping Doll is a horrible game (speaking from personal experience) but I haven't played the others. At $46 for 4 games though it isn't really any more expensive than paying LRG $30 for one.

I know the collectors will say it's not the same, but I'm just trying to help anyone who may have wanted a physical copy of the game to play in general.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-VR-Fun-Pack-Dying-Reborn-Weeping-Doll-Pixel-Gear-Light-Tracker-for-PS4-VR/232605558904?hash=item36285f2878:g:E7IAAOSwLUpaVFK9
I don't collect VR but that's a way better deal + cooler collectible than the standalone LRG release. I encourage everyone to share alternatives to LRG whenever possible (don't get me wrong I support them quite a lot)

I don't collect VR but that's a way better deal + cooler collectible than the standalone LRG release. I encourage everyone to share alternatives to LRG whenever possible (don't get me wrong I support them quite a lot)
Yeah, the most important thing is options. Some don't care for official NA releases, or the ESRB rating, and these English Asian releases can often be a great alternative.

Batch #2 sold out in less than 2 minutes. It's good to see the game sell so well!
I think it proves any game will sell out if the print run is small enough.

The email for it only talked about how limited it is. No writeup or anything about it being a good game like normal releases get, because it's not.

I think it proves any game will sell out if the print run is small enough.

The email for it only talked about how limited it is. No writeup or anything about it being a good game like normal releases get, because it's not.
They know their audience. I don't care anymore and will play them from now on. I will likely sell breach & clear though someday, as really don't want to play that game.

They can say whatever they want but it's a business, it exists to make money. If it doesn't then any supposed noble intentions go away just like the business does. Profit fixes all problems so credit to them for making this thing work. 

Just hoping we get phantom breaker, salt and sanctuary, and CSH at some point. 

bread's done
Back