Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Eh, I'm sure selling 80% of 6 games yields more revenue than 100% of 2 games. Question is whether it's as profitable after considering per-game costs like printing. Given LRG's direction, either the answer is "and then some!", or they found it's not but can't wind back down immediately.

I skipped Typoman based on the Destructoid review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, everything mentioned above has been said many times before, and having games sell out within minutes(or seconds), was the major complaint of most since they opened up shop. Now that games are lasting past a certain point, the business is doomed and crumbling under foot. So first, they didn't know their market, as they never produced enough, and now that pretty much the same qty's are being offered, and lasting past a few days, now the complete opposite is being stated.

And I'm sure once they get down to only a few games a month, we'll be hearing about how they aren't doing well, and should be offering more titles, and making smaller runs to sell out in seconds. So now that buyers who missed out on first offerings, can now get those games for retail on Ebay, and that's a problem? I also thought no one liked resellers, and now that they are leaving, that's an issue as well? Holy shit, just another day in the life of LRG! :wall:
Yeah, it was said before that the completionist collectors were getting burned out by LRG releasing too many games. The backlash was fierce.

"Then don't buy all of the games" actually means LRG has less customers.

"I'm happy there are more choices of games" means there are more games that are passed over.

"They'll slow down" doesn't matter once the completionist quits.

This was discussed before, but only so far as most people calling out the completionist as whiners when they were just trying to help. They were warned.

As for the resellers.. Whether or not they are revered doesn't determine their ability to indicate the health of a collector's market.

This week was hopefully a total outlier and things will settle down.

I'm still keeping my head above water on their releases, but it's financially killing me.  Basically like a full rent check per month.  In general, I'm now giving up on Switch and Vita and focusing on PS4 releases for cross-platform games.  Really hope things slow down soon or focus on PSVR which NEEDS physical love in the US.

The fact is games are lasting much longer. I'm pretty neutral on LRG so it doesn't matter to me regardless. The whole rush to buy these games just created fake demand. For collector's the value is only there for a handful of games.

Now with a lot of the games lasting it's good for consumers but it goes against LRG's whole "get them while they last" business. Senko De Rondo 2 may be mediocre but it would've sold out fast a year ago. Same with a low quantity game like Typoman. People are burned by the amount of releases, the gap between actually getting the games, and maybe people are actually doing research on the crap they are selling.

I'm just glad some good Indie games are getting retail releases that LRG never got their hands on.

Proud to say  I didn't buy anything this week. Still waiting on Super Hydorah.

For all the doom and gloom the games are still selling out well before it's time to start shipping them, so I don't see the problem.

I think Senko is an outlier because of its cost, which I'm sure was mandated by the Japanese side wanting price parity with the Japanese release, and special editions are stupidly overpriced over there.

For Senko, the Limited Edition is well worth its cost due to being so absolutely cool:  a DVD with an asset viewer is totally awesome; soundtrack; book; sturdy case.  I couldn't be happier about it.  Actually useful lore stuff, not trashy space-wasters like a soda can, frisbee or statue.

But, yeah, the license is probably adding $25 to it.

For Senko, the Limited Edition is well worth its cost due to being so absolutely cool: a DVD with an asset viewer is totally awesome; soundtrack; book; sturdy case. I couldn't be happier about it. Actually useful lore stuff, not trashy space-wasters like a soda can, frisbee or statue.

But, yeah, the license is probably adding $25 to it.
I do like useful stuff in LEs. My favorite are plushies, but those aren't as common. My 2nd favorite is just soundtracks. I am excited for the Yakuza 6 LE, even though I wont play it till after I'm done with Kiwami 2 and 5. Those glasses will be used before that at least.

My preference is for them to be useful lore-wise, expanding enjoyment of the game world: like maps, guidebooks, character bios, soundtracks, posters, alternate art books.  Typically text, video, and audio.  I do *not* like physical objects that have nothing to add to the game experience.

Senko LE nails it for me.

Ah my favorite thing to ever come with a game was ordering Harvest Moon and getting a big Cow plushie. That's easily one of the softest plushies I own. Doesn't help it's cute haha.

For all the doom and gloom the games are still selling out well before it's time to start shipping them, so I don't see the problem.

I think Senko is an outlier because of its cost, which I'm sure was mandated by the Japanese side wanting price parity with the Japanese release, and special editions are stupidly overpriced over there.
There is no problems, except for the ones in most CAG member minds.

Yeah, as for the CE, I'm pretty sure Josh has stated before how most of those proceeds go to the developers, as does standard game releases. I'm pretty sure if the profit on a game is $10, LRG isn't seeing $5, and the developer gets the other $5. It's more like LRG gets $2-3, while the developer is getting $7-8. The slamming of LRG on cost and other things is complete BS, unless there is a financial statement someplace I'm missing?

Normally, of course a CE is going to offer more in regards to funds made, but depending on the production, and other cost, LRG probably isn't getting that much, as many here would have you believe. If "N" offers a CE, of course they are reaping most of the benefits, for places like LRG, who are pretty much the middle men, and only getting deals where the benefit is probably mostly on the creators side(as most could do their own work, and get 100%). I can't fault any of these CE prices, as this isn't a singular endeavor, and the charges are what they are.

The art book is probably as big as the one you get from Fire Emblem Echoes. 

yall holding LRG with selling their stuff out immediately to a few days when they originally wanted to sell their stuff out in a few weeks. Breach and Clear selling out in hours set up an unfortunate precedent for themselves that everyone seemingly holds them to.

"This game didn't sell out on Friday. This clearly means no one wants their games anymore! THE END IS NIGH FOR LRG."

I was glad that Thimbleweed Park for PS4 stayed up for the whole week.  That way I was able to buy one yesterday and combine the shipping with the new stuff.   But I'm confused why the inventory tracker went from 5% all morning, to non-existent, to the game being pulled mid-afternoon.   

Thimbelwees Park sold over 13000 copies for the switch.

I don’t think they’re doing too bad as a business overall.
Is that number including both standard and CE?

If so, then based on those figures, it's roughly 14300 actual copies taking into account the 10% on top to cover lost/damages/etc. Not too bad at all.

Looks like both Senko and Typoman made it through the weekend. Hopefully this means the days of struggling to be able to buy copies are behind us while still proving viable for LRG, I don't miss having to mash F5 every week.

Looks like both Senko and Typoman made it through the weekend. Hopefully this means the days of struggling to be able to buy copies are behind us while still proving viable for LRG, I don't miss having to mash F5 every week.
Never get comfortable with this stuff if there's something you are super hyped to get. Thankfully, nothing for me in a while now... but I know when a game pops up that I want I'll make every effort to be there at the first batch ready to refresh and get my purchase done asap. It doesn't help too that this year they've been cutting back production numbers. So when something hyped comes up out, it's going to likely disappear quick.

Yeah it's only for some for sure. I can easily see Rabi Rabi or Salt and Sanctuary (if this ever comes out) being quick sellouts. Try hard if you want it....is the best I can say. 

I’m all for SMRPG for the Switch especially since I missed it the first time.
Do we know if they will do a pre-order for SMRPG too? I have the Vita version of that already and am debating on if I want to double dip on Switch or not. If they do a pre-order on it I think I can safely skip it.

Do we know if they will do a pre-order for SMRPG too? I have the Vita version of that already and am debating on if I want to double dip on Switch or not. If they do a pre-order on it I think I can safely skip it.
According to Douglas, they will do a preorder for the Standard version on the Switch, but not the CE as they have to order the figures well in advance and that number can't be changed after the fact.

According to Douglas, they will do a preorder for the Standard version on the Switch, but not the CE as they have to order the figures well in advance and that number can't be changed after the fact.
Makes sense. If I decide to get it the CE is what I would go for. I have the soundtrack and game for Vita though so it really depends on when it goes up.

Did LRG evert ship out the Oddworld games from the February release because I still haven’t received it yet nor an update on that order?
Yeah, mine shipped last week and is due to arrive today.

EDIT: here's their latest shipping updates as of the 11th: https://www.limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

Have they shown any pics of what's included yet? I know it will have two GI Joe style action figures, just wondering what else will be a part of it.

Never get comfortable with this stuff if there's something you are super hyped to get. Thankfully, nothing for me in a while now... but I know when a game pops up that I want I'll make every effort to be there at the first batch ready to refresh and get my purchase done asap. It doesn't help too that this year they've been cutting back production numbers. So when something hyped comes up out, it's going to likely disappear quick.
Yeah. Some of the pre-announced titles are likely going to sell like hotcakes (Sekai project titles, Salt & Santuary, Cosmic Star Heroine), but I've never been unable to get something (I got Shantae, Nght Trap, and Wonder Boy, which were all quick sells). I just hate having to hawk over a page to do so. I just really appreciate the convenience of the slower sell-through rate. Wish the Ys pre-orders would've turned out a bit better, because it's so much easier to place an order that way.

Has LRG given a estimate on when Saturday Morning RPG will go on sale? I haven't watched this topic in a while and remember a vague announcement a while back.

LRG doesn't give estimates on anything going on sale. It's just like alright we're offering this on this date from their Twitter. It's alright, but not great for those planning out Video game purchases from release dates (this guy at least).

Lol, another one: http://www.hardcopygames.com

fNqPrjy.jpg

Looks like there are releases this Friday. The first one to be announced via the LRG Twitter is Future Unfolding for the PS4.
lmao 2 releases this Friday and 2 or 3 next Friday. I honestly feel bad for LRG full set collectors who were holding onto hope when they said they were going to slow down months ago.

Almost a year now since things were supposed to start slowing down

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/862501483601854464
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/880975498301591553
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/890764076346998784
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/899471332689289216

To be fair. They said they slowed down the pace for signing games. They also said they are contractually bound to release what they have already signed in a certain time frame. Looks like what they are trying to avoid had hit recently. Future looks bright.

ESRB Delays, Manufacturing Delays, and Contract Releases are hitting them. If that didn't happen, it is likely you wouldn't see all these releases at the same time

already discussed. and this is their first game

But what's the problem with another one? If they release games that people want, I dont see much of a problem. Besides "too many games I want to buy #firstworldproblems "
Is everyone happy with the limited editions LRG puts out? $50 extra for a box, 2 cds, and artbook sound good to anyone? More competition is a good thing and I'd imagine there would be even more if it wasn't for the damn ESRB making things much more expensive. I actually registered a company through Sony myself a couple years ago and was going to get into publishing but I ended up putting that to the side. From that perspective I might be worried the market is over saturated which would make getting the games I want more difficult. As a customer though the more the better.

Is everyone happy with the limited editions LRG puts out? $50 extra for a box, 2 cds, and artbook sound good to anyone? More competition is a good thing and I'd imagine there would be even more if it wasn't for the damn ESRB making things much more expensive. I actually registered a company through Sony myself a couple years ago and was going to get into publishing but I ended up putting that to the side. From that perspective I might be worried the market is over saturated which would make getting the games I want more difficult. As a customer though the more the better.
Yeah, I've never had an issue, as just normal retail releases each month are mostly out of hand in my opinion. But it's like anything, TV, movies, music etc, as products are often released along side competing items. It's what keeps places stepping up their game, as to not lose out to others in the same market.

I know the argument of regular retail games not selling out and rising in price was a HUGE mark against the "limited" offerings, but since most of these offerings are $25, I feel an instant draw, as that to me is half off full retail for new games. Yeah, maybe some aren't "full" games, but many are. Now the secondary market of high prices is all but gone, so even if you miss a game, you still have the option to buy it for retail(or very close).

So this year, I've only bought these "limited" games, and haven't really spent much. As I don't buy each and every game, the same way I wouldn't do that at retail. So now, since the old issues can't be complained about, now the to much, to often is the flavor of the day. 3 months from now, will probably be on to not enough releases, or some other non issue. It's always the same shit, just a different day and in a different way!

bread's done
Back