Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I think the replies to that poll on Twitter are hilarious. People all complaining that they need all of the releases on Friday because of payday, and they can’t afford them on Monday. Maybe they just need a little self control and/or budgeting.

I think the replies to that poll on Twitter are hilarious. People all complaining that they need all of the releases on Friday because of payday, and they can’t afford them on Monday. Maybe they just need a little self control and/or budgeting.
ROFL!

Yeah, I noticed that earlier and was like holy shit, are those guys for real? There's no hope for any kind of results that make any kind of sense when the ones voting are using that level of logic. After reading those comments, I think LRG should offer a limited qty each day of the week, as that's the only way they are going to satisfy that crowd.

Can you imagine what their emails must look like on an hourly basis, when you have guys who can't figure out how to hold money from Friday to Monday? I thought I dealt with some wack jobs, but this is a whole new level of krazy.

LRG finally made steelbooks which is awesome, yet it comes in a package that costs $89.99.

(...)

LRG doesn't have the small-guy company feel anymore and has gone mainstream anyways. They won't miss me. They can make $100 collector's editions of "Senko no Ronde 2" and people will buy it. Things aren't going to change. They have enough people buying premium products from them now. Like a $65 game from the 90s that comes with a plastic frisbee.
Huh? It's two games plus soundtracks, posters, and a Steelbook for $90. That's really not that bad. You make it sound like it's just one game. Also collector's editions of Senko no Ronde 2 is a curious example of something mainstream.

Only buying games you want is a good idea though! I've also heard that they will put up limited quantities of the steelbooks separately after they've handled returns/replacements and all that. The steels will go fast, I'm sure, but it might be a better option than the collector's editions. I'll probably skip the SMRPG CE depending on its price and hope for the steelbook later.

Well, my two variants arrived yesterday, which put me at 41 rewards tickets, woohoo(also got another gold TC)! LOL

I don't frequent LRG forums or other info places, so has there been any mentions of more unique rewards happening in the future? Or have the rewards tickets just become a free game bonus at this point($24.99 value)? I would love to use them as-is, but only if nothing special is coming down the road, as it will be a very long time before I get back to 40 tickets again.

Also, have there been anymore discussion in regards to the trading card packs happening? It seems like LRG is so busy with tons of games being offered, that some of these side projects seem to be forgotten, or put on a back burner for the time being.

Well, my two variants arrived yesterday, which put me at 41 rewards tickets, woohoo(also got another gold TC)! LOL

I don't frequent LRG forums or other info places, so has there been any mentions of more unique rewards happening in the future? Or have the rewards tickets just become a free game bonus at this point($24.99 value)? I would love to use them as-is, but only if nothing special is coming down the road, as it will be a very long time before I get back to 40 tickets again.

Also, have there been anymore discussion in regards to the trading card packs happening? It seems like LRG is so busy with tons of games being offered, that some of these side projects seem to be forgotten, or put on a back burner for the time being.
I too have reached the 40 ticket level. That prompted me to open a support ticket @ LRG asking the very same thing. Seems that all the current rewards on the redemption form are still valid. There was mention of Trading Cards being a reward option, but no specifics were given. Keep in mind that info came from the support team, so take it as you will.

As mentioned by another CAG member, I too have spent way more than $24.99 per game to earn these tickets, which makes the "free game" reward/discount seem rather...insufficient compared to my 'loyalty cost'. I guess I'll cash them in now to be ready for when that 'must have' title is announced.

If there was ever a game I'd buy from these guys it would be the Little Witch Academia PS4 game. I'd love to get that in english as a physical disc.

The email LRG sent out today had a mistake in it saying a game called Ace of Seafood is coming out on friday. Guess thats probably a future game.

Ready to buy this awesome game. 

DcIE8ysXkAEhxIJ.jpg

Seriously

it is highly likely to get a retail release at some point. If not, Limited Run will have a short print run.
That's what I'm betting on. Love Swery and glad LRG is in charge, but no thank you to that overpriced Collector's Edition. Wish they got the memo from the get go.

Damn, looks like a CE is incoming as well, I really hope they do something cool/unique that's worth buying. But on the other hand, some janky ass shit is cool as well, then I can just get the standard and save a few bucks. LOL

Are there any extra steps to using funds I have sitting in my paypal account or will limitedrungames.com be smart enough to automatically use those paypal funds before charging a credit card? I've learned the hard way that every second it takes to click with a mouse can determine success or failure. 

I'm just trying to be as prepared as possible for tomorrow. Any information is appreciated. If I can use the funds sitting in paypal, that will determine if I buy 1 game or 3 games. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any extra steps to using funds I have sitting in my paypal account or will limitedrungames.com be smart enough to automatically use those paypal funds before charging a credit card? I've learned the hard way that every second it takes to click with a mouse can determine success or failure.

I'm just trying to be as prepared as possible for tomorrow. Any information is appreciated. If I can use the funds sitting in paypal, that will determine if I buy 1 game or 3 games.
You have to be smart enough to choose to use your funds in PayPal, not the other way around.

PayPal normally defaults to using funds you have available, unless you specifically choose not to do so.

Why don't you just register your CC with paypal and tell paypal to use the funds and use the cc for the difference while checking out there, I wouldn't risk going through 2 separate payment gateways (not even sure that you 'can' do that with shopify)

I gotta imagine there is going to be some buyer fatigue eventually. Some of these games safe....questionable in quality.

I like how they put out months of indie trash and then 1 or 2 good games that everyone wants, like  VA-11 HALL-A. Been waiting for that a while..

You have to be smart enough to choose to use your funds in PayPal, not the other way around.

PayPal normally defaults to using funds you have available, unless you specifically choose not to do so.
If I was smart enough to know how to choose I wouldn't be asking. :D I appreciate the help though.

Why don't you just register your CC with paypal and tell paypal to use the funds and use the cc for the difference while checking out there, I wouldn't risk going through 2 separate payment gateways (not even sure that you 'can' do that with shopify)
Thanks. That's how I was hoping it would work. You guys are both right. I completely forgot I had funds in my paypal account for Thimbleweed Park and it worked well. I just noticed it in my paypal transaction history.

I want to buy Volume, Flint Hook, and Mercenary Kings. Would the smartest course of action be to have Flint Hook and Mercenary Kings in my cart and be ready to grab Volume to save on shipping?

Sorry for all of the n00b questions. I've just jumped on the bandwagon for PSVR and Switch games. I was hoping I wouldn't be dropping $100 in one day just sticking to those games alone. Welcome to LRG collecting I guess.

I want to buy Volume, Flint Hook, and Mercenary Kings. Would the smartest course of action be to have Flint Hook and Mercenary Kings in my cart and be ready to grab Volume to save on shipping?
If you do this you will save on shipping, but you won’t get Volume until August/September when the Switch games are ready and ship.

Yes, Volume will be held up until the Switch games release.  Other than that though you should have no problem getting a copy of Volume as I see it being a slow seller and likely lasting the full weekend after the 2nd batch is released.  My reasoning being the price is a bit high ($29.99) and it was already released on Vita.

Yeah, I'm gonna grab Flinthook and the new Vita game, and I'll just have to wait for both to arrive. I don't have a switch yet, and my Vita backlog is huge, so no big deal waiting on both. If most NS games stay on "pre-order", I'll probably just go this route most of the time, and buy a NS title combined with something else. Unless of course there ends up being some Vita titles I don't want to wait for, but that's not to likely, as most of those games have there own wait as well.

My Super Hydorah CE has been sitting in ready to ship since 4/20.
From the "Production Updates" section on the LRG website:

Super Hydorah CE

Currently in manufacturing, should be arriving early May. (a batch of shipping labels was created in error on April 20th - if you received a shipping confirmation please disregard it for now).

What about this is highly quality? Didn't they say a while back that were swamped with offers so they had to stop saying yes to every game and the selection would be more selective?
Yes, and they also said things would slow down and neither has happened. So people neither think they are lairs, and continue to give an untruthful company their hard earned dollars, or they are on the up and up, and said situation hasn't happened yet(things take time). So either way, anyone who has these current sets of issues, should load and go, or stay and play!

If you do this you will save on shipping, but you won’t get Volume until August/September when the Switch games are ready and ship.
I think any games you buy together in one order will have to wait to ship till all games are available. So one game can hold up your order for months.
Yes, Volume will be held up until the Switch games release. Other than that though you should have no problem getting a copy of Volume as I see it being a slow seller and likely lasting the full weekend after the 2nd batch is released. My reasoning being the price is a bit high ($29.99) and it was already released on Vita.
Thank you so much. I appreciate all of these answers because it's all new news to me. That's also great to know if I sleep past 10am EST it makes sense there's a decent chance it will be pretty easy to get Volume. It doesn't look like a game that completely had PSVR in mind when it was designed, so it wouldn't kill me if I miss it either.

What about this is highly quality? Didn't they say a while back that were swamped with offers so they had to stop saying yes to every game and the selection would be more selective?
I'm almost certain I remember hearing that pretty much word for word in the interview on MetalJesusRock's youtube channel. It's a shame if that is "fake news."

bread's done
Back