Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
On twitter, Josh said both Flinthook and Mercenary Kings are around 7,500 - 8,000 copies. Apparently less than Thimbleweed Park. I'm glad I got my CE now!
WOW, those are amazing numbers, and well over what I would have guessed. I just went to see the comments, and I think they may be stuck with this preorder system for awhile. Josh is already pointing out how the standard Thimbleweed Park is going for $90+ on Ebay, so he's telling anyone who is interested to get the current titles before those face similar fates.

TwP isn't shipping for months(as are all NS titles), so of course games right now are going to sell rather high, as there is none to be had(a false sense of rarity). Once that game actually ships, and all those "flipper" copies hit the market, I really don't see that high of a price hanging around, as the retail price might not even be maintained once several thousand go online at the same time? So I guess the pre-orders where the way to go, as due to those long lead times, there's really no way to say what demand will be for many more months. And by that time, LRG will have sold many more NS titles to probably very similar numbers.

Which from a business standpoint is great, but once all those values drop, then I can finally see that "bubble bursting" happening that has been talked about around here for years. As then, you may have several thousand copies of a game being sold on the secondary market, then interest drops on those future pre-orders. Of course going back to set amounts could fix that issue, but the damage may already be done. But with the "N" crowd, this all may be silly talk, as prices may rise further at release, but it seems unlikely. So once again, if anyone is buying these games for some investment, you are taking a HUGE gamble, as many of these NS games could easily end up selling for retail(or less) 6 months from now, and beyond.

EDIT: So buy these games because you want to play a particular title, and would like to have it physically(and may like a CE items). Any other reasons, you may be wasting time & money, but that is totally up to the individual.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way LRG has been going reminds me of the comic crash of the mid 90's.  The market was oversaturated with resellers/speculators and the comic companies attempted to cash in on that and on the backs of their existing fans.   We started getting limited prints with variant covers, regular foil, holofoil, and other gimmicks including starting new series so there would be more #1's.  DC even killed off Superman.   It was kind of anti-comicfan driven and ultimately ended up burning out comic buyers and Marvel had to file bankruptcy.    LRG was already in this downward spiral as production numbers have been starting to get smaller and to combat this they've done more LE's and variant covers along with hyping up the need to buy something because these rare games go for so much on ebay.   Most of the PS4 & Vita games now have long lead times despite them not being preorders.   The speculation market for games has gone a bit crazy like 90's comics.   I think with this move to preorders for regular versions of switch games, they may have just saved their business.  With more people buying the games there's less chance of burnout and a better chance at happier customers who will return to buy more games.  This also kind of helps resellers because while they won't have an easy decision, the after market for these games should still be pretty solid if most people buying actually want to own the games and don't plan to resell them.  So the speculation will take a little more work but it should still be too enticing for resellers to completely ignore.    In the end, I think LRG has kind of saved itself from the bubble bursting.

I wouldn't say they've beat the bubble bursting. Thimbleweed sold 13k, if Flinthook/MK sell 8k each that's not a super promising forecast. I wouldn't expect this number to necessarily increase or even stay constant (hype does wonders, after all), but there are just too few datapoints and too many variables at play to draw a conclusion just yet. I'll be interested to see what happens when the first non cross-platform release (Golf Story?) hits the market, as I know that's been a hesitation with many potential buyers.

The Playstation seems like it's pretty stable. PS4/Vita titles will almost always sell 2.5k units over a weekend. Due to the market saturation I don't think they'll ever get to Switch quantities, but a guaranteed $62.5k+ gross multiple times a month is nothing to smirk at. Catering to the Vita crowd is a huge win in a niche market; the attach rate and number of people going for "full sets" is really disproportionate to other platforms.

Don't worry, Switch numbers will go down, down, down once they do the same thing with it they've done with PS4.

Except 4-6 Switch titles a month by holiday season, most of them multi-platform. Shame because I really would have liked a complete LRG Switch set but I don't trust LRG anymore, especially when they came out saying Switch would maintain high-profile exclusive releases at a reduced pace yet their first five titles have been announced in rapid succession and they're all PS4 games too. Actions way louder than words here.

So I don’t keep up with the LRG info too much and thought I’d ask if there’s been any talk of LRG picking up A Hat in Time for the PS4? If not, does anyone think there’s a good chance of them picking it up for a physical release?

I honestly didn’t even know it was released on the PS4 until I saw it listed in the Golden Week Sale.

So I don’t keep up with the LRG info too much and thought I’d ask if there’s been any talk of LRG picking up A Hat in Time for the PS4? If not, does anyone think there’s a good chance of them picking it up for a physical release?

I honestly didn’t even know it was released on the PS4 until I saw it listed in the Golden Week Sale.
The Hat in Time people have no interest in releasing a physical release at the moment. Plus Humble has the rights and is their choice

Trying to decide if I should snag Mercenary Kings on the Switch or wait for the PS4 version.  Any input? Should I just skip it all together? Lol

Got Momodora in the mail today without a notice that it was shipped. It was a nice surprise. Really enjoying the game so far.

The LGR number on the spine looks ugly and wish they placed it somewhere else. Or at least have a reversible cover without it.

The Hat in Time people have no interest in releasing a physical release at the moment. Plus Humble has the rights and is their choice
It’s too bad they are not interested in a physical release. I guess we can always hope Humble eventually makes one, but it doesn’t sounds too likely. I might go ahead and just pick it up in the sale.

Saddest manual for Kero Blaster. Momodora's pretty cool though.
I don't think that is supposed to be a manual, as there's nothing in it. I don't see a manual mentioned in the listing details either, so I think that's just a nicer info sheet than the ones normally included, but as a manual, yeah, that would be complete ****! LOL

That would be a great pickup. Really hope it gets a physical release.

IIRC the hat in time people actually got kinda nasty in response to people asking for a physical. Like beyond frustrated into rudeness territory. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Except 4-6 Switch titles a month by holiday season, most of them multi-platform. Shame because I really would have liked a complete LRG Switch set but I don't trust LRG anymore, especially when they came out saying Switch would maintain high-profile exclusive releases at a reduced pace yet their first five titles have been announced in rapid succession and they're all PS4 games too. Actions way louder than words here.
I took "exclusive" to mean they won't also be released by a copycat limited run publisher, rather than platform exclusives. I can't find the original announcement to check the wording, though.

Isn't Josh the developer of Saturday Morning RPG? It was one of the first LRG-published games on PS4/Vita, and no one should be surprised that LRG will also publish it for Switch.

Isn't Josh the developer of Saturday Morning RPG? It was one of the first LRG-published games on PS4/Vita, and no one should be surprised that LRG will also publish it for Switch.
Yeah, it is, and if it reaches their intended sales figures, they plan to make a sequel.

IIRC the hat in time people actually got kinda nasty in response to people asking for a physical. Like beyond frustrated into rudeness territory. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.
They got pretty snappy when people kept pestering them about a Switch port and that got some press, I think that may be what you're thinking about. They've not responded poorly to a physical version as far as I'm aware, though they have mentioned one isn't in the pipeline several times.

It really is a shame that there's nothing in the oven for A Hat In Time to get a physical release. So many low budget indie games of extremely questionable quality are getting physical releases; I'd say that truly standout games like A Hat In Time or Hollow Knight should be no-brainers for that immortalization. 

So much for 1 Switch game per month, huh? Or were these signed back in 2016 too before things started to slow down™
They said 1-2 and they've been doing 1-2.
Don't even bother replying to him. He does nothing but bitch and moan and cry in this thread. Its almost comical how triggered LRG makes him. Imagine being so bored/unfulfilled in your life that you actively post on a message board dedicated to something you don't like.

Flinthook - 4/23
Mercenary Kings - 4/23
Mystery Game - 5/11
Saturday Morning RPG - 5/28

As of now, that's 4 games in 5 weeks.
I see two games in each month, which is what they advertised they would be releasing. Followed by some whining.

Flinthook - 4/23

Mercenary Kings - 4/23

Mystery Game - 5/11

Saturday Morning RPG - 5/28

As of now, that's 4 games in 5 weeks.
1315245843_knight_rider__punching_like_a_boss.gif

It really is a shame that there's nothing in the oven for A Hat In Time to get a physical release. So many low budget indie games of extremely questionable quality are getting physical releases; I'd say that truly standout games like A Hat In Time or Hollow Knight should be no-brainers for that immortalization.
I'm still waiting for Hollow Knight to get a physical print for PS4/Switch from anyone.

So the mystery game this Friday will be an open pre-order for NS/PS4, with both having a CE which is limited at 2500/1500. This is apparently the developers idea, as they want the release to go with their announcement of said games, so LRG is just going along with the request.

Hopefully it will appear at least a few minutes before going live, so I can examine the CE content's, as 2500 may or may not last to long. There's nothing else I plan to buy on Friday, so it will be easy enough to be ready, and I guess I'll have to decide for sure at check out. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend of other developers, but kind of interesting I suppose. As I had no other plans to be at LRG this Friday morning, and now I'll be there despite not wanting anything, maybe? LOL

If you would go back to the beginning of the topic, you'd see how happy I was with LRG in the beginning and picked up almost every release. When they do something good, I'm happy to support them. If they signed Celeste, or Golf Story, or A Hat in Time, I'd be excited. But the past 6-9 months have been terrible. This year has had almost 30 different games and I'd say maybe a handful were good. Everything is a pre-order at least 3 months away, the Collector's Editions have been overpriced, shipping is terribly slow, customer service has been poor (it took 3 weeks to resolve an issue redeeming reward tickets), trading cards that only Josh will ever have a complete collection of, variant cover after variant cover after variant cover, and most importantly, the game selection has been bad.

I see two games in each month, which is what they advertised they would be releasing. Followed by some whining.
If you want to go by calendar month, then Thimbleweed Park would also be in April.

If you would go back to the beginning of the topic, you'd see how happy I was with LRG in the beginning and picked up almost every release. When they do something good, I'm happy to support them. If they signed Celeste, or Golf Story, or A Hat in Time, I'd be excited. But the past 6-9 months have been terrible. This year has had almost 30 different games and I'd say maybe a handful were good. Everything is a pre-order at least 3 months away, the Collector's Editions have been overpriced, shipping is terribly slow, customer service has been poor (it took 3 weeks to resolve an issue redeeming reward tickets), trading cards that only Josh will ever have a complete collection of, variant cover after variant cover after variant cover, and most importantly, the game selection has been bad.
WOW, the business you describe sounds terrible, I'm glad I don't know any places like that, otherwise I damn sure wouldn't continue to shop there. As that would mean, I don't really have an issue, or I don't mind supporting a business that I don't like(or doesn't care about my needs as a consumer), either way, I would look pretty stupid(take the hint).

WOW, the business you describe sounds terrible, I'm glad I don't know any places like that, otherwise I damn sure wouldn't continue to shop there. As that would mean, I don't really have an issue, or I don't mind supporting a business that I don't like(or doesn't care about my needs as a consumer), either way, I would look pretty stupid(take the hint).
If it's the only business that is offering the game you want at the cheapest possible price, then you'd look pretty stupid letting your personal dissatisfaction with the company get in the way of getting it.

So suddenly this Friday has become very expensive after I was thinking that all I would be getting would be Ace of Seafood....

If it's the only business that is offering the game you want at the cheapest possible price, then you'd look pretty stupid letting your personal dissatisfaction with the company get in the way of getting it.
I'm sorry to see so many here not willing to "stand" for something(bend over and take it), as it's beyond apparent you'll fall for "anything". Rice has offered many things I have wanted over the last several years, many on sale at decent prices with the shipping cost, and I still didn't buy. I don't like how they run their business, so I have not shopped there since I saw the problems. There are many others on my no shop list as well.

I also have several hundred blocked buyers on my Ebay account, and that is from paying customers who give me their own hard earned funds. I had a regular customer just recently with an order for $100+, that I blocked and turned away, as he was just to much trouble to deal with. No amount of money is worth piece of mind. I would hope LRG does the same for those who cause them issues behind the scenes.

If you want ANYTHING that bad in life, that your willing to turn a blind eye to severe problems, that says it all, no more comments required.

May 18 releases:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/994348171718479875

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/994348918845722624

"Fantasy Friday II" also teased for 5/25, and Friday's mystery game is still TBA.

So we are back to multiple titles every week again lol.  Thought there was supposed to be a slow down coming.  With some of the stuff they've been putting amount I can't even begin to imagine what titles they supposedly canceled.

Not sure I'll be getting the goat games.  Still curious what the Switch/PS4 game is this Friday since it is under 24 hours away and they announced the CE quantities would be 1500 for PS4 and 2500 for Switch. 

Just checked the website and they finally have descriptions and prices ($69.99) for each CE.   More steelbooks!

Escape Goat 2? Easy pass. Hopefully Golf Story is getting announced soon as that will definitely be getting my money.

If you want ANYTHING that bad in life, that your willing to turn a blind eye to severe problems, that says it all, no more comments required.
Most (probably ALL) of the issues that people have with these game companies are mostly just minor hassles... not actual Severe Problems. You told that dude to stop buying games from LRG because of his minor hassles that have marred the shopping experience. IF LRG was human trafficking on the side... then, yeah, that would be a severe problem and one worth walking away from the company and convincing others to walk away as well alerting the appropriate authorities. I can't think of anything any game company I've dealt with has done that has elevated to the Severe level.

So, whatever the mystery game is tomorrow, standard editions will be $39.99 and the CEs will be $69.99.  Still need to see what the game is obviously but really hope it is a $29.99 digital game for those prices.

Escape Goat 2 an easy pass, since I already bought it for cheap on some recent sale. Hopefully the mystery game gets revealed today....haha and hope it blows the socks off of us.

Could the mystery game be Darkest Dungeon Crimson Edition? Fits the $29.99 price and both Switch and PS4. They did say they were releasing that game right?

So, whatever the mystery game is tomorrow, standard editions will be $39.99 and the CEs will be $69.99. Still need to see what the game is obviously but really hope it is a $29.99 digital game for those prices.
I wonder if it's Owlboy.....one can dream

Probably not though, since the standard is $29.99 at various places. Just weird that we haven't seen who's carrying the CE in North America

Escape Goat 2 an easy pass, since I already bought it for cheap on some recent sale. Hopefully the mystery game gets revealed today....haha and hope it blows the socks off of us.
Honestly, I'm already prepared for disappointment. I will be shocked to actually have my socks blown off (hope it happens though).

I wonder if it's Owlboy.....one can dream

Probably not though, since the standard is $29.99 at various places. Just weird that we haven't seen who's carrying the CE in North America
VGP (based in Canada) is selling the Owlboy CE for $89.99 CDN. Also, Play-Asia is selling North American ESRB rated versions of Owlboy CE I believe. Won't be giving my business to either of them.

Darkest Dungeon is already out (Merge Games) and Owlboy CE is being done by Soedesco.

My current guess is PixelJunk Monsters 2 to coincide with Bitsummit. But whooooo knows

bread's done
Back