Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
the filenames for the placeholder images line up with it being PixelJunk Monsters, which is cool, but considering the game is a new release and this is stated to not release until all DLC is available, that's gonna be a pretty long while of holding onto that preorder

LRG: Blah, blah, blah, slowing down, blah, blah, blah.

May:

cpmC47P.png

Us:

funny_fairy_tail_gif_by_pikachustar93-da7ocdt.gif

LRG:

tumblr_n7a637zj0s1rtmwk6o1_500.gif

I definitely have interest in pretty much any Switch steelbook but they are doing an excellent job making me not want to buy normal games. "Outer cover is randomized so if you want to guarantee the cover you want buy 2!" Lmao get fucked

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely have interest in pretty much any Switch steelbook but they are doing an excellent job making me not want to buy normal games. "Outer cover is randomized so if you want to guarantee the cover you want buy 2!" Lmao get fucked

The covers are reversible. Just buy one and open it like a rational person.

Did anyone get Momodora?  Mine just arrived and the cover art is super wrinkly along the front right and wondered if something went wrong when it was printing.  I'm sure it's not, but it has kind of a "water damaged" look to it.  I've never seen cover art arrive looking like that before.  

The covers are reversible. Just buy one and open it like a rational person.
The only games I purchase from them are ones I intend to open. I just think that is a shitty thing to do to force more sales from the likely many anal collectors they have

...I'm starting to lose faith in LRG. They spoke about slowing down releases and have vanished from this thread when people started questioning them about it.

They're quickly falling down my list of favorite limited publishers. Easily prefer Play-Asia and Strictly Limited Games to them.

...I'm starting to lose faith in LRG. They spoke about slowing down releases and have vanished from this thread when people started questioning them about it.

They're quickly falling down my list of favorite limited publishers. Easily prefer Play-Asia and Strictly Limited Games to them.
Definitely miss the active interaction we used to have in here

Oh shit, Escape Goat 2 is getting a physical release? I love the first one but never played the 2nd, so I'm definitely getting this. Any reason why the 1st one wasn't included? it's pretty short. anyway whatever.

I'm guessing the surprise game will be YIIK: A Postmodern RPG. I've been following it and it looks kinda close to releasing.

Did anyone get Momodora? Mine just arrived and the cover art is super wrinkly along the front right and wondered if something went wrong when it was printing. I'm sure it's not, but it has kind of a "water damaged" look to it. I've never seen cover art arrive looking like that before.
Mine looks OK.

I just want to know if they're just gonna keep flooding the market or if they actually meant what they said.
Hundreds of people have asked. Just answer the fucking question.

You prefer a company with horrible customer service that has never interacted with its fans and a company that has built its business on the junk that LRG declined to sign and similarly has never interacted with its fans? I mean this is literally absurd. The company that has made the effort all along to interact and actually has good customer service and games people actually might want is below the other two?

They're probably just clearing out all the old games they signed on. Remember, some of those games had contracts stating it needed to be release before a certain date or face penalties. Hence the 24.99 pricing. 

The new games that were signed are to be sold for 29.99.

So, whatever the mystery game is tomorrow, standard editions will be $39.99 and the CEs will be $69.99. Still need to see what the game is obviously but really hope it is a $29.99 digital game for those prices.
Since they said the developer wanted to announce it secretly to match up with the release, and the physical price is usually $20 extra it would be Immortal Redneck or Super Chariot based on the list of games that launched today for the 19.99 price. They've worked with Chariot before for a standard edition on PS4 already. SRG has already released a standard version of Immortal Redneck.

Using that same logic if this is a 29.99 game that only leaves Shantae. LRG has worked with their developers before also.

I would rule out Immortal Redneck immediately because the disc/cart has *all DLC* and that game just launched.

My money is on Super Chariot, and that's a BS way around the "we don't do reprints" by re-releasing a game in it's "Complete" version on the same system they've already released it on (PS4).

/rant

Since they said the developer wanted to announce it secretly to match up with the release, and the physical price is usually $20 extra it would be Immortal Redneck or Super Chariot based on the list of games that launched today for the 19.99 price. They've worked with Chariot before for a standard edition on PS4 already. SRG has already released a standard version of Immortal Redneck.

Using that same logic if this is a 29.99 game that only leaves Shantae. LRG has worked with their developers before also.

I would rule out Immortal Redneck immediately because the disc/cart has *all DLC* and that game just launched.

My money is on Super Chariot, and that's a BS way around the "we don't do reprints" by re-releasing a game in it's "Complete" version on the same system they've already released it on (PS4).

/rant
I didn't think they priced $20 over digital. I thought it was $10 (Switch tax being the exception, I think).

I can't see how Shantae could be in play given that it got a wide physical release this week unless there is some other Shantae release this week besides Half-Genie Hero Ultimate that I'm not aware of.

BrandonJF I was only considering the pricing being based around the Switch. It's all purely speculation. 

I would be OK with that pixeljunk game, it looks fun to play with my 6yo and LRG kind of has me by the balls with the Steelbook releases until they oversaturate and I give up. 

You prefer a company with horrible customer service that has never interacted with its fans and a company that has built its business on the junk that LRG declined to sign and similarly has never interacted with its fans? I mean this is literally absurd. The company that has made the effort all along to interact and actually has good customer service and games people actually might want is below the other two?
I've had nothing but positive experiences with SLG and their customer service, and I prefer a company who doesn't say shit to their customers and then vanish and not follow through with said shit. Add on this ridiculous "surprise" game bullshit and yes, I easily prefer SLG to LRG at this point.

Deal with it.

I'm worried about how far out pixel junk is gonna be, seems extremely cash grab if it's not shipping till dlc is done, for a game that probably doesn't even have a full roadmap for dlc yet

I just want to know if they're just gonna keep flooding the market or if they actually meant what they said.
Hundreds of people have asked. Just answer the fucking question.
They've answered the questions ages ago, so how many times are they suppose to answer the same question again and again? They've said their plans, and it will happen at some point(or it won't).

Like I've said before, people here either think they are lying, or they're not. If there're lying, they aren't to be trusted, so why support such a business? Or they are doing their best, and don't have time to sit here and say over and over we plan to slow down and have higher quality titles.

The fact that they mostly no longer post here is good, as even when they where, we got these same issues on a weekly basis. I told them from the start, don't bother doing anything based on these mobs, as they function in no realm of logic or understanding, and can NEVER be pleased. I'm proved correct daily.

Hell, there's one guy here actually debating 1-2 releases a month vs. weeks, just so he can show LRG to be lairs, would anyone here put up with this kind of shit at their day jobs? You would quit or punch someone in the face bringing this same dumb shit to the table daily. If Josh or Doug never post here again(I SAY GOOD FOR THEM), think about why that is, and maybe once the attitudes change, they will return.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with SLG and their customer service, and I prefer a company who doesn't say shit to their customers and then vanish and not follow through with said shit. Add on this ridiculous "surprise" game bullshit and yes, I easily prefer SLG to LRG at this point.

Deal with it.
It's already been stated that the developer wanted the surprise release, and LRG had nothing to do with it. But of course they will be blamed, as I've never seen more people with issues with a company, but continue to shop there. I think some of you guys should be tested for autism or mental retardation, as I've know many special needs children and adults, who don't need as much as full grown men that frequent this thread.

They've answered the questions ages ago, so how many times are they suppose to answer the same question again and again? They've said their plans, and it will happen at some point(or it won't).

Like I've said before, people here either think they are lying, or they're not. If there're lying, they aren't to be trusted, so why support such a business? Or they are doing their best, and don't have time to sit here and say over and over we plan to slow down and have higher quality titles.

The fact that they mostly no longer post here is good, as even when they where, we got these same issues on a weekly basis. I told them from the start, don't bother doing anything based on these mobs, as they function in no realm of logic or understanding, and can NEVER be pleased. I'm proved correct daily.

Hell, there's one guy here actually debating 1-2 releases a month vs. weeks, just so he can show LRG to be lairs, would anyone here put up with this kind of shit at their day jobs? You would quit or punch someone in the face bringing this same dumb shit to the table daily. If Josh or Doug never post here again(I SAY GOOD FOR THEM), think about why that is, and maybe once the attitudes change, they will return.

It's already been stated that the developer wanted the surprise release, and LRG had nothing to do with it. But of course they will be blamed, as I've never seen more people with issues with a company, but continue to shop there. I think some of you guys should be tested for autism or mental retardation, as I've know many special needs children and adults, who don't need as much as full grown men that frequent this thread.
Way to be a complete cunt. As you said, they spoke about slowing down "ages" ago. It's been a long fuckin time since they said it and they haven't said shit since and there's been no sign of such a thing happening. If you think a simple update on that matter is somehow on autistic level of catering, do me a favor and beat some common sense onto your brain.
And I don't give a shit if a dev has a bad idea for their release. As a publisher, you need to tell them it's a bad idea.
Anyway, fuck you and your generic, flavor-of-the-month, internet insults.

The LRG White Knighting in here is a little bit hard to swallow. I know those types like to say that the bitching is overt, redundant, stupid, etc, but the defense force's efforts and 'opinions' are nearing zealot territory. I feel like we need a thread for people that buy games from them, but are objective, reasonable adults that can recognize and discuss obvious issues with them as a company. Aaaaand then we need a thread for everyone else. 

Way to be a complete cunt. As you said, they spoke about slowing down "ages" ago. It's been a long fuckin time since they said it and they haven't said shit since and there's been no sign of such a thing happening. If you think a simple update on that matter is somehow on autistic level of catering, do me a favor and beat some common sense onto your brain.
And I don't give a shit if a dev has a bad idea for their release. As a publisher, you need to tell them it's a bad idea.
Anyway, fuck you and your generic, flavor-of-the-month, internet insults.
Flavor of the month, internet, generic insults? This is what I'm talking about, as I've been insulting many here on a regular basis for years, and I'm sure you've seen it many times. But yet now, I'm using generic insults? You as well as so many others, see what you want to see. All I did was state the "truth" and nothing more and mentioned that some may need to be tested, where was the insults?

And you know what calling someone a cunt means, that the truth hurts, and that's the last line of defense for a frustrated child. So I'll see you next Tuesday, and we can continue this discussion when calmer heads have prevailed.

Flavor of the month, internet, generic insults? This is what I'm talking about, as I've been insulting many here on a regular basis for years, and I'm sure you've seen it many times. But yet now, I'm using generic insults? You as well as so many others, see what you want to see. All I did was state the "truth" and nothing more and mentioned that some may need to be tested, where was the insults?

And you know what calling someone a cunt means, that the truth hurts, and that's the last line of defense for a frustrated child. So I'll see you next Tuesday, and we can continue this discussion when calmer heads have prevailed.
You are, like, pure, concentrated essence of irony. You equated criticism of LRG and the request for updates from them to autism and retardation. You tell yourself you have been "proven right" and your only substance to back that up is your own warped perception that no one can ever be pleased. (Spoiler alert: you're wrong.)

I'm calling you a cunt because that's what you're being. That has nothing to do with not being calm. You are indistinguishable from 12-year-old kids on Overwatch calling people "autistic" or "cucks." And as such, I will do the same thing with you that I when I come across those kids. Ignore.

The LRG White Knighting in here is a little bit hard to swallow. I know those types like to say that the bitching is overt, redundant, stupid, etc, but the defense force's efforts and 'opinions' are nearing zealot territory. I feel like we need a thread for people that buy games from them, but are objective, reasonable adults that can recognize and discuss obvious issues with them as a company. Aaaaand then we need a thread for everyone else.
Or, how about we just discuss the releases and stop focusing on the same tired arguments? I really don't care about whether or not you or anyone else agrees with their business model or practices. Like most of us here, I'm interested in sharing information about what is going to be released and learning more about releases I may know nothing about. The rest is just garbage and not needed.

Or, how about we just discuss the releases and stop focusing on the same tired arguments? I really don't care about whether or not you or anyone else agrees with their business model or practices. Like most of us here, I'm interested in sharing information about what is going to be released and learning more about releases I may know nothing about. The rest is just garbage and not needed.
And it's totally okay that you want those specific things from this thread. Myself and others would like to also discuss some other aspects of LRG. The thread has no set rules for which parts of LRG we can discuss, you know? I mean, this is a thread on a game deals website devoted to paying extremely bloated prices for video games. We're already far outside the originally intended scope of the forum, so it's kind of the wild west here haha. And I think that both sides have to deal with that.

If someone's post is about some aspect of LRG that doesn't interest you, then don't respond to it--the one before or after it will probably be more to your liking. I've been trying to do this a lot more lately, and I think that we can all take this approach to coexist and be more civil. I'm assuming we're all adults, so it shouldn't be this difficult.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

And it's totally okay that you want those specific things from this thread. Myself and others would like to also discuss some other aspects of LRG. The thread has no set rules for which parts of LRG we can discuss, you know? I mean, this is a thread on a game deals website devoted to paying extremely bloated prices for video games. We're already far outside the originally intended scope of the forum, so it's kind of the wild west here haha. And I think that both sides have to deal with that.

If someone's post is about some aspect of LRG that doesn't interest you, then don't respond to it--the one before or after it will probably be more to your liking. I've been trying to do this a lot more lately, and I think that we can all take this approach to coexist and be more civil. I'm assuming we're all adults, so it shouldn't be this difficult.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
Here's the thing though, if that's your position, you have no standing to complain about the "white knights" when those individuals aren't the ones who are starting the tangential discussions. I mean, I've never seen anyone just post random positive remarks about LRG, at least not here. There are, however, plenty of people who insist on using every post in this thread to attack LRG.

I would also argue that important information gets lost in the static of all of these repetitive and pointless debates about LRG and their business practices. For better or for worse, LRG is the same company they have always been and not everything they do benefits their customers. They're like every other business in that respect. Debating it constantly is not going to change anything and all of the negative energy is just irritating to most of the CAGs here who want to discuss the releases and related information. Perhaps you should take the debate about LRG outside of the "deals" forum and then it won't be a burden to the rest of us.

Yay. The kids have dropped out of school and discovered politics. Always nice to have woke folks around.

Every Friday loaded with multiple releases has made it much easier for me to lay off the purchases: not a choice to make now, I can’t afford to keep up.

Here's the thing though, if that's your position, you have no standing to complain about the "white knights" when those individuals aren't the ones who are starting the tangential discussions. I mean, I've never seen anyone just post random positive remarks about LRG, at least not here. There are, however, plenty of people who insist on using every post in this thread to attack LRG.

I would also argue that important information gets lost in the static of all of these repetitive and pointless debates about LRG and their business practices. For better or for worse, LRG is the same company they have always been and not everything they do benefits their customers. They're like every other business in that respect. Debating it constantly is not going to change anything and all of the negative energy is just irritating to most of the CAGs here who want to discuss the releases and related information. Perhaps you should take the debate about LRG outside of the "deals" forum and then it won't be a burden to the rest of us.
I've been on both sides of the fence in this thread. I'm FAR more frequently in support of LRG, though. The thing you're missing, though, is that LRG used to actively post in this thread. My criticism (not attack, as you put it) is primarily a direct address to LRG, not meant to spark a debate between users.
I'm trying to hear from THEM. This is a time where the market is being heavily saturated by LRG and numerous competitors. Knowing when, if at all, we can expect a slow down from them is extremely useful information for budgeting this hobby. They've gone on record saying they are going to slow releases... but that was a long time ago and in this time where collecting these releases is growing ever more straining, leaving that information hanging is incredibly frustrating.

Calm your tits. You post more than anyone on this subject.

bread's done
Back