Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
You've got time to go watch some reviews and decide if it's worth your cash or not. I was initially super hyped for CSH early on because it looked like it would be a great game based on the battle system and awesome graphics. Upon close inspection it falls into the more linear short rpg experience which I tend to not enjoy at all.
I also wasn't a fan of how

Alyssa (the protagonist) has no character development, is the perfect soldier, doesn't really make any mistakes throughout the game, and basically has no flaws whatsoever. That's not exactly realistic or good storytelling.

The music is phenomenal, though--I was initially surprised by how good it was until I discovered that the composers also handled Dust: An Elysian Tail, which explained everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish people would stop calling it a Working Designs style longbox. It's a Saturn jewel case ffs. Nothing special about it.

The story behind the long boxes is actually kind of fascinating. The original designs and materials used in the long boxes for Sega CD and Sega Saturn games (and even some early Playstation titles) were notoriously flimsy, and it still quite common for them to break and crack. But a lot of collectors love the things. They come with plenty of room inside for large, thick manuals and other potential extras. Working Designs made a name for themselves producing high-quality foil covers and other extremely shiny long box collectors editions. But the long boxes went out of production only a few years after the original PlayStation launched. (around the late 90s) Up until recently, the only way to get undamaged boxes for your collection was to cannibalize the boxes from other, less popular releases.

A few years back, LRG began looking into the possibility of producing their own long boxes, and even went to the expense of producing custom molds. (a pricey proposition) Another interested collector looked to China to produce his own version around the same time. So now it is possible once again to get fresh, replacement cases. The LRG designs in particular are supposed to be extra-durable, with carefully crafted molds and high-quality plastics. From early accounts I've heard, they're actually quite superior to the original cases.

I really wish people would stop calling it a Working Designs style longbox. It's a Saturn jewel case ffs. Nothing special about it.
That's how LRG has been describing it. It's not solely about the case, there is also a focus on the manual and case inserts to reflect the high quality production values and printing that Working Designs used in their Sega CD and Saturn games.

People long thought CSH was gonna be a bloodbath. It was anything but. Took several minutes to sell out in the morning, and in the evening where games typically sell faster 15 minutes and the CE still isn't sold out.

This backs up what I've long thought, that the LRG craze has kinda died down. What I mean by that is not that people don't care about LRG anymore. I think quite the opposite actually, but I think there were a sizeable contingent of people who needed to get every single game to keep up the whole collection and as their releases got more and more frequent(and more expensive with CEs being a regular thing now), they just couldn't afford it anymore, and the general desire to rush right as they go live to order them has kinda died down a bit.

There has maybe been one release since Night Trap CE that sold out in under a minute, and I remember up to that point it was a weekly bitch fest that people missed out. Doesn't seem people are missing out anymore.

I think in the end this is good overall. The people who actually want the games are getting them and don't have to stress out for every release anymore.

Oh but wait until the N fans realize they missed out on some sub 5k release CE.

I see a regular amount of bitching already about this on Twitter.

People long thought CSH was gonna be a bloodbath. It was anything but. Took several minutes to sell out in the morning, and in the evening where games typically sell faster 15 minutes and the CE still isn't sold out.

This backs up what I've long thought, that the LRG craze has kinda died down. What I mean by that is not that people don't care about LRG anymore. I think quite the opposite actually, but I think there were a sizeable contingent of people who needed to get every single game to keep up the whole collection and as their releases got more and more frequent(and more expensive with CEs being a regular thing now), they just couldn't afford it anymore, and the general desire to rush right as they go live to order them has kinda died down a bit.

There has maybe been one release since Night Trap CE that sold out in under a minute, and I remember up to that point it was a weekly bitch fest that people missed out. Doesn't seem people are missing out anymore.

I think in the end this is good overall. The people who actually want the games are getting them and don't have to stress out for every release anymore.
I agree it’s a good thing. The only one I had trouble with recently that I wanted was Ruiner. I was on my phone and even though I was at the final checkout screen within 1 min of going live, I still missed it.

That's how LRG has been describing it. It's not solely about the case, there is also a focus on the manual and case inserts to reflect the high quality production values and printing that Working Designs used in their Sega CD and Saturn games.
I think LRG is particularly proud of the foil elements to the booklet in the case? I believe Working Designs paid attention to those types of details in their Sega CD case manuals, which is why LRG has been describing them as Working Designs-inspired.

The Switch CEs are still selling out within 1 to 2 minutes and they have even been considered generally overpriced by myself and others.

Ruiner variant also sold out in under a minute but that is technically not a numbered LRG release so probably doesn't count.

To be fair, I think that has more to do with the high price tag, rather than just the title itself.

We still don't know what the final numbers will be with the regular version, and the fact that the regular version is a pre-order, doesn't really speak too much about whether it wasn't a bloodbath when the orders did open, as we just don't know the numbers yet.

While I'm sure LRG just isn't as crazy as it used to be, I'm not sure this specific title, and approach they took is the best example to that line of thought.

Remember, Munch's Odyssey wasn't even that long ago, and that was still a bloodbath regardless.

I think LRG is particularly proud of the foil elements to the booklet in the case? I believe Working Designs paid attention to those types of details in their Sega CD case manuals, which is why LRG has been describing them as Working Designs-inspired.
Yeah, this is exactly what was meant, as anyone who ever had WD titles, know how much "work" they put in to their releases. Over my lifetime of collecting games since pretty much since the start of modern gaming, the WD are the only manuals I can think of that come to mind for being awesome. Of course there have been greats here and there from many different developers, but WD always tried to offer the better qualities that often was a standard in Japan. WD also had some killer HC guide books as well, that rivaled there Japanese counterparts.

It looks like I'm going to escape today having bought only CSH for PS4. I'm happy with it. Been waiting for this one for what seems like forever.

Agreed. I have a couple Working Designs box sets and they don't like anything like that. There's a distinction there.

Is limited run games falling off? I would had thought Saturday Morning Rpg standard edition would had sold out by now since the PS4 and vita version sold out quick.

Is limited run games falling off? I would had thought Saturday Morning Rpg standard edition would had sold out by now since the PS4 and vita version sold out quick.
Uh, you do know this is an open pre-order right? So it's gonna be available for the next 2 weeks, until the pre-order closes.

Oh no I didn't. When did they start doing that? That's what up then. Are they doing that with Night Trap for the switch too?
It's been all standard NS titles so far, except for the CE, as those have set numbers, and have been selling out within a few minutes. Yes, Night Trap should be the same, unless they change for some reason, but the pre-orders seem to be going pretty good for them, so no need to rock the boat.

Ah ok, that's what I was wondering, if it was in fact a typo.
Yeah, LRG is notorious for listing mistakes, as they do a lot of copy and paste work, which in turn leads to lots of errors. I think I've even read here they had a contract done that way, and it had details that shouldn't have been there. When being a LRG fan, just get used to the sub par in regards to crossing t's and dotting i's, as that's not their thing. LOL

Yeah, LRG is notorious for listing mistakes, as they do a lot of copy and paste work, which in turn leads to lots of errors. I think I've even read here they had a contract done that way, and it had details that shouldn't have been there. When being a LRG fan, just get used to the sub par in regards to crossing t's and dotting i's, as that's not their thing. LOL
I didn't know that. Better check twice before I place an order from now on lol.

I figured if it was a typo they'd have corrected it by the evening batch, but guess not. No big deal.

I didn't know that. Better check twice before I place an order from now on lol.

I figured if it was a typo they'd have corrected it by the evening batch, but guess not. No big deal.
The CEs are technically pre-orders as well since the Switch games won't be printed and available for a couple of months. They are just not "open" pre-orders. If it hadn't sold out today, they would have kept the CE pre-order open for the same two weeks as the standard game or as long as the CEs lasted.

Every game other than stuff they have on hand like variants are pre-orders. They rarely have anything on hand anymore. You'll get your stuff eventually. 

I’m going on 15 days since I ordered a pair of the switch display stands. Still no tracking. Counting them I’m sitting at a little over $1000 in paid, unshipped, items with them. Seems like something like this shouldn’t take two weeks to ship out.

It’s not just games, everything is apparently a preorder.

Every game other than stuff they have on hand like variants are pre-orders. They rarely have anything on hand anymore. You'll get your stuff eventually.
I was debating the Sat Morning CE but decided to wait on since it was listed as pre-order before I decided but now realized it's not a open pre-order like the standard edition of the game. I get the idea being calling it a pre-order but it's kind of confusing.

I was debating the Sat Morning CE but decided to wait on since it was listed as pre-order before I decided but now realized it's not a open pre-order like the standard edition of the game. I get the idea being calling it a pre-order but it's kind of confusing.
same thing happen to me with thimbleweed park CE on the switch I was like I will get it latter its a preorder I have until april 13th to get it then I saw it was sold out a few min after it went on sale WTF

I’m going on 15 days since I ordered a pair of the switch display stands. Still no tracking. Counting them I’m sitting at a little over $1000 in paid, unshipped, items with them. Seems like something like this shouldn’t take two weeks to ship out.

It’s not just games, everything is apparently a preorder.
You're floating $1000 atm with just LRG? yikes

You're floating $1000 atm with just LRG? yikes
Yessir. I have no issues with the games taking as long as needed to ship.

I’m pretty butthurt about the display stands taking so long to ship. If they don’t keep them on hand they should advertise that there’s a lead time or that they’re preorder. As always though I’m sure I’ll eventually get my shit.

Sounds like a missed opportunity for us to play the ole public goods game- so we could all get a SMRPG CE over the next two weeks. Fail.

Where do I get Dead Cells on PS4? I've been trying to pre-order that somewhere but only place I found is Signature Games. They're sold out there. I asked them they said they'd get more but then they never did?

Where do I get Dead Cells on PS4? I've been trying to pre-order that somewhere but only place I found is Signature Games. They're sold out there. I asked them they said they'd get more but then they never did?
It is being released in August at retail. I don't think any of the major retailers have taken preorders yet in the US, but I'm sure they will soon.

They're not sold out- it hasn't gone up yet, it's in the coming soon section.

Yessir. I have no issues with the games taking as long as needed to ship.

I’m pretty butthurt about the display stands taking so long to ship. If they don’t keep them on hand they should advertise that there’s a lead time or that they’re preorder. As always though I’m sure I’ll eventually get my shit.
you didn't order them with any stuff right?

you didn't order them with any stuff right?
Nope. I made a special order expecting to get them in a few days since I’m about 4 hours away from LRG.

I submitted a help desk ticket. The response I got was that they hadn’t looked at the order for fulfillment since all games were preorders.

I'm baffled that CSH CE hasn't sold out yet. Only 3 copies left but still, I figured it would sell out in minutes.
With 3 copies left it's technically a successful sales run as it means demand was met almost precisely, but I know what you mean.. considering CSH was so highly anticipated, per past LRG tradition you'd think this would be been gone in less than a minute.

Maybe it's the cost, the number of releases, competitors squeezing wallets further. Probably a combination of those.

I'm baffled that CSH CE hasn't sold out yet. Only 3 copies left but still, I figured it would sell out in minutes.
I think a lot of it has to do with the standard edition being pre-order and half the price. The CE is very cool, but the main attraction is the Working Designs style Sega CD case, but for me personally, that isn't worth the extra money and I am happy to just get the standard. I also think in general resellers aren't jumping all over LRG releases anymore because they print enough copies now that anyone who wants one shouldn't have a problem ordering it when it goes on sale. Seems like most LRG releases sell for retail or slightly more on eBay and the like.

I think a lot of it has to do with the standard edition being pre-order and half the price. The CE is very cool, but the main attraction is the Working Designs style Sega CD case, but for me personally, that isn't worth the extra money and I am happy to just get the standard. I also think in general resellers aren't jumping all over LRG releases anymore because they print enough copies now that anyone who wants one shouldn't have a problem ordering it when it goes on sale. Seems like most LRG releases sell for retail or slightly more on eBay and the like.
Yeah, this is exactly what has been happening, as I opted out of the CE as well last minute, as I was happy to just get the standard. I've been saying for the longest time, the Ebay prices also show what has happened, as the prices are normal, which shows the amount produce is accurate and the "sweet spot" so to speak.

If demand was greater for these titles, prices would be higher on the secondary market. When a game is selling for retail, or a few bucks more, means there isn't much "demand" after the fact, and everyone who wanted a game, got it. If a game was over produced, prices would be even lower, like that RPG from a few years back that we all got in the blind boxes. That title probably goes for under retail, as there where to many made based on demand.

Games lasting more than a few days, or even weeks, is what everyone wanted at the outset, not that it's happening, the "sky is fallen" yet again. Also, with so many games now happening across 3 devices, instead of two, that is going to have an impact as well. I was planning to get NS titles along with the Vita, but I opted to not even double dip, as I know to much is coming, and I now have to be way more selective.

I see no real issues outside of the 2-4 month waiting game for shipments, but we all know how that goes............You will eventually get your ****! LOL

With 3 copies left it's technically a successful sales run as it means demand was met almost precisely, but I know what you mean.. considering CSH was so highly anticipated, per past LRG tradition you'd think this would be been gone in less than a minute.

Maybe it's the cost, the number of releases, competitors squeezing wallets further. Probably a combination of those.
I think the fact it was announced almost 2.5 years ago did not help.

I think the fact it was announced almost 2.5 years ago did not help.
I think this was the main reason. Hype dies, and 2.5 years is a really long time.

That, and I literally just bought it digitally for $5.99 a month ago. Makes the physical that much harder to swallow, especially with an inflated price of 2x digital MSRP.

I'm somewhat over LEs unless they have cool things like the glasses in the Yakuza 6 one, or an awesome plushie (that's probably just me). Too much space taken and a general lack of interest of contents causes me to pass on most of them.

bread's done
Back