Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
God damn, the fact that you played 4K+ games is impressive. More so than you having 8K games.
Agreed, as when I read that I thought it was a typo. If I had played thru 50% of that number, I think I would have played every single game I ever owned at this point, and that goes back to the late 70's. I'm very impressed to say the least. LOL

God damn, the fact that you played 4K+ games is impressive. More so than you having 8K games.
I have played that many, but I've beaten only a portion of that. I'm in my mid-forties and have been gaming since the 80s. Gaming is one hobby my wife and I share. She will watch and help solve puzzles and just give any advice as we go through a game. Its like watching movies to her and she enjoys the time we play together. Occasionally she will play two player games along with me but that is rare.

Now that my son is five years old, we play games together also and that is a whole different set of games I play with him and not my wife. He loves Nintendo games so I play those with him (I am just now playing all my Wii U and Switch games because of him) and the more mature games at night with my wife when he is in bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or does it seem like games are taking longer and longer to actually go through production and be shipped out? I buy fairly regularly and nothing has been shipped to be in quite a while. Based on their production schedule it looks like Siralam should be the next thing out and it should've been sent out late last month.

Not upset about it (I know I'll get my shit eventually), just an observation.

Is it just me or does it seem like games are taking longer and longer to actually go through production and be shipped out? I buy fairly regularly and nothing has been shipped to be in quite a while. Based on their production schedule it looks like Siralam should be the next thing out and it should've been sent out late last month.

Not upset about it (I know I'll get my shit eventually), just an observation.
I feel it's been that way for awhile. I don't remember the last time I ordered a game and got it within a week or two.

LRG is struggling. Should all order the max of every release.

https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/1004051591903801344?s=21

That’s over 15M in sales assuming $25 games.
622,000 games... while that seems like a big number is about 2x the number of physical copies of Shovel Knight (just over 300K)... or 30% of all copies (digital and physical) of Shovel Knight (over 2Million). It's definitely a feat for a publisher to survive and thrive this way... but as much as it's a reflection of success it is a firm reminder that it's success on a very small scale as far as the industry goes.

I feel it's been that way for awhile. I don't remember the last time I ordered a game and got it within a week or two.
Yeah those days are way gone. I think being as small a publisher as LRG is, they've been pushed down the priority list at Sony and it's hit them on the end dates of some of the contracts. I'm sure with all the Switch stuff it's a lot easier on them not funding the production anymore. I'm sure with the masses of sku's and variants and LE's they've been publishing it just got to be too much to fund it all themselves as well.

I've been playing video games for over 25 years now and have played thousands of games for sure, but I am not even sure if I have played 4k or more, but I suppose it's possible. A lot of bad games I try to forget too haha.

Watched the vids, read some reviews. The gauntlet clone looks like a few hours of fun. Anyone got any thoughts on these releases?

Watched the vids, read some reviews. The gauntlet clone looks like a few hours of fun. Anyone got any thoughts on these releases?
Iron Crypticle is indeed fun. Played the original on steam (Iron Fisticle) and couldn't put it down until I completed the game 100%. Which is about a dozen hours. But the local co-op aspect is huge to me.

Not feeling Slime-san, sadly.  This will leave a gap in my switch steelbook collection but no point in paying $60 for a game I don't even want.  They should really reserve the steelbooks for the big games, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they did it with all Switch releases

I was ready to collect all the switch games but slime-san is such an ugly game.
Yeah, I was thinking it would be cool to have the first 10 or 20 games, since I wasn't around when LRG started and missed the early PS4 titles, but these game choices are making it difficult.

LOL, no love for Slime-San uh? I played the demo and thought it was cool enough. I really couldn't justify getting SMRPG on it's own, so S-S seemed the perfect pairing, as I could get both and save on shipping. But that's $66 for one game I already own, and another I have decent interest for, so I think I'll just grab Super Hydorah and call it a day. I'll wait on S-S and see if something else of interest for the NS arrives within 2 weeks, and decide then to make the leap or not.

The E3 video is coming soon, so best to wait and see how much may be on the plate for the next year, so I may need to get more selective still. Time will tell I suppose?

Tempted for Slime San...but it's coming to PS4 soon...which is my main console.

That, and I honestly don't know that I can support LRG...I know they have been trying to find ways to limit scalpers, but their runs are simply too limited, and the quick-to-sell-out nature of most releases makes collecting far more stressful than it's worth. At least that's just how I feel. I'm a physical copy guy...but I'll go digital before I try to schedule my life around making sure I can pre-order, or paying asinine eBay prices.

I am going to order Slime-San I liked the demo enough. Just going to wait and pre-order it next week since it's up until the 22nd though and I only want the steelbook in the CE, but won't pay $60 for it.

I wager they'll do a PS4 version as well, once it launches this summer. Might not have all the collector goodies or steelbook...but at least a physical disc.

That, and I honestly don't know that I can support LRG...I know they have been trying to find ways to limit scalpers, but their runs are simply too limited, and the quick-to-sell-out nature of most releases makes collecting far more stressful than it's worth. At least that's just how I feel. I'm a physical copy guy...but I'll go digital before I try to schedule my life around making sure I can pre-order, or paying asinine eBay prices.
CSBaker is that you?

All of the Switch titles have been and (supposedly) will remain open preorders. If you can't find 2 minutes sometime within a 2 week span to log in and pre-order maybe you have more important things in life to be focusing on than collecting physical releases?

All of the PS4/Vita titles have been available for HOURS and some even for DAYS within the past few months.

Asinine Ebay prices? I wonder which titles you're talking about. This post seems like something that may have been applicable last year.

Anyone here who ordered the CE of Super Hydorah for PS4 felt it was worthwhile?  Only planning to pick up the standard for vita as of now.

Asinine Ebay prices? I wonder which titles you're talking about. This post seems like something that may have been applicable last year.
Maybe he is talking about the Collector's Edition. I don't think he realizes that the Switch games are open pre-orders for two weeks. These games are not getting scalped for high prices. Really most LRG games that have come out recently, especially this year, aren't going for much higher than what they originally were sold for on LRG. In some cases, they are selling for less even.

CSBaker is that you?

All of the Switch titles have been and (supposedly) will remain open preorders. If you can't find 2 minutes sometime within a 2 week span to log in and pre-order maybe you have more important things in life to be focusing on than collecting physical releases?

All of the PS4/Vita titles have been available for HOURS and some even for DAYS within the past few months.
Yeah, I don't know what he's talking about, as most complaints of past weeks/months has been how nothing is selling out quick anymore, and how "it's all over for LRG".

But like I always say, the complaints are on one side, or the other, depending on when there made. And this comment seems about 4-6 months late, as it doesn't apply much to LRG currently. But feel free to complain, as this seems to be why most come here anyways, so why buck that trend. LOL

I'm guessing the big Sekai Project announcement today means my Vita dreams of various titles is pretty much dead.  If so I'm done with them, only bright side is saved me a good $500 I set aside to buy all those games.

Maybe he is talking about the Collector's Edition. I don't think he realizes that the Switch games are open pre-orders for two weeks. These games are not getting scalped for high prices. Really most LRG games that have come out recently, especially this year, aren't going for much higher than what they originally were sold for on LRG. In some cases, they are selling for less even.
Yeah, that's why I wasn't sure what he could be talking about. CEs going for "asinine" Ebay prices isn't really a thing anymore, either. Windjammers is selling for well under LRG's cost + shipping. 3 of the last 4 sold auctions for Munch's Odysee CE are less than what anyone would've paid had they bought through LRG. These "scalpers" are taking losses on LRG product. I bought Flinthook for the Switch thinking I could sell the PS4 version to recoup some of the cost - I'll be almost giving it away, it seems. I actually feel kinda dumb sometimes even paying full price plus shipping now.

It looks like they lifted any limits from Slime-San CE. I guess they don't have a lot of faith in a fast sellout of this one. 

I definitely criticize LRG, and the limited print games market as a whole. I think criticism is healthy and zealotry or ostrich-esque behavior is dangerous for any topic--big or small. That said... people complaining about things not selling out quick enough hurts my brain. It seems so contradictory to so many of the LRG complaints of the past year or so.

Perhaps there are quite a few people who really only do care about these titles because they're rare. I might be willing to pay an inflated price to get one because I won't have another chance, but I won't choose a game just because it's limited or rare. I think there are a lot of people that do, though, and that's where that sentiment comes from.  

I'm guessing the big Sekai Project announcement today means my Vita dreams of various titles is pretty much dead. If so I'm done with them, only bright side is saved me a good $500 I set aside to buy all those games.
You set aside $500 in an account just for Sekai project games...?

It looks like they lifted any limits from Slime-San CE. I guess they don't have a lot of faith in a fast sellout of this one.
The PS4 games didn't look like they had limits either...and of course they sold out super fast. Guess that's what we've come to now for LRG to get their coveted fast sellouts. Just sell them in bulk to a bunch of resellers.

LOL, no love for Slime-San uh? I played the demo and thought it was cool enough. I really couldn't justify getting SMRPG on it's own, so S-S seemed the perfect pairing, as I could get both and save on shipping. But that's $66 for one game I already own, and another I have decent interest for, so I think I'll just grab Super Hydorah and call it a day. I'll wait on S-S and see if something else of interest for the NS arrives within 2 weeks, and decide then to make the leap or not.

The E3 video is coming soon, so best to wait and see how much may be on the plate for the next year, so I may need to get more selective still. Time will tell I suppose?
I wouldve bought Slimet san for the PS4 had they offered it.

I definitely criticize LRG, and the limited print games market as a whole. I think criticism is health and zealotry or ostrich-esque behavior is dangerous for any topic--big or small. That said... people complaining about things not selling out quick enough hurts my brain. It seems so contradictory to so many of the LRG complaints of the past year or so.

Perhaps there are quite a few people who really only do care about these titles because they're rare. I might be willing to pay an inflated price to get one because I won't have another chance, but I won't choose a game just because it's limited or rare. I think there are a lot of people that do, though, and that's where that sentiment comes from.
Yeah, this in a nut shell^

I really don't care what these games go for, as I never bought a single one with flipping it for profit in mind(at least none of the games I personally wanted). I just wanted to play games when I fell like it, without worrying the game is gone from PSN or otherwise(like my PS Mobile titles). Now seeing prices low, or at retail, just shows the games are getting to those who want them and nothing more. This is supply & demand, as now these sell for less, due to all the knuckleheads who continue to buy these games to flip. To much product, and not enough demand.

After the shit storm that was Wonder Boy & Night Trap last year, both titles got close to retail within a few months. And both titles created tons of bad blood when first offered, only to see the worth tank over time. People react on Fridays that a game sells out, but often more are made available, or if fans just wait, the prices fall.

With the NS preorders, and standard items lasting days to weeks, now this is where no one should be complaining, but surprise, surprise.......here we are with the values not being high enough. Like I told LRG from the start, ignore anyone here who is just complaining from a specific want, as those are the ones who will complain no matter what. If LRG is going to listen to them, they might as well bring in some monkeys to run their operation, as that would make more sense.

Had trouble adding more than one game to my cart. Every time I would add a game, the other disappeared. Finally got it to work after several attempts and got both Super Hydorah's and Splasher. Standard Super Hydorah sold out pretty fast, followed by Splasher, then Iron Crypticle. Crazy that Super Hydorah CE is still available over 25 minutes into the sale. I suppose a lot of people already got a CE when the PS4 version released. Tons of Iron Crypticle soundtrack packages still available.

I missed Super Hydorah standard edition.  I simply forgot about it until about 10:10, and when I checked it was gone.  How quickly did it sell out?

Got my standard copy of Super Hydorah today for vita and I super happy about that. It sold out soon after.

Everyone on the fence for Slime-Sans should try the demo. I bought the digital version on sale during the holidays and I think the game is great but I'm not buying the physical version. Very similar feel to Super Meat Boy with smaller more compact levels. It has a great soundtrack and it is perfect for short burst play. Plus the devs had added tons of free content to the game since its release which I am sure is included in the physical version.

As long as you sign on at 6 you should be fine securing a copy.
Most definitely get in at 6. I placed my order about a minute and half past 10, then immediately checked to see how fast things were selling. Super Hydorah standard was sold out when I looked, so I must have barely got my copy before it sold out. I think it will likely go pretty fast this evening as well, just not as insanely fast as this morning.

I'm surprised so many people here aren't feeling Slime San. It's been really well received and has constantly added free content since its release. When LRG first mentioned Switch games, Slime San was one of the first places my mind went. On paper, it seems like a title more people would be excited for. Anyone willing to share why they're not into it? I'm not looking to hate on anybody, just genuinely interested.

#vitaisn'tdead

I didn't buy Slime san because I'm not interested in a Switch copy and would much prefer a PS4 release

I'm surprised so many people here aren't feeling Slime San. It's been really well received and has constantly added free content since its release. When LRG first mentioned Switch games, Slime San was one of the first places my mind went. On paper, it seems like a title more people would be excited for. Anyone willing to share why they're not into it? I'm not looking to hate on anybody, just genuinely interested.
Before it went on sale I had no idea what it was. That helps me resist any game. Looking into it, it does look pretty good. I'm not a fan of super meat boy which it heavily gets compared to. Still, on it's own, it looks pretty solid... but not $35 and 3 months wait solid. I'll probably grab it digital sometime in the future.

I passed on the Vita port of Super Hydorah. I had already picked up the PS4 port, and decided not to double-dip on this one. I love me some shmups, but I don't feel that I need to go that far. For the rest of the releases, it was business as usual for me. Which basically translates to, I got one copy each of all the regular editions. I'm a very big fan of small-scale indie games. So most of these titles need to get very bad review scores before I consider not picking them up. It's happened occasionally. But for the majority of the LRG releases, I usually show up. A game that has several hundred positive reviews on Steam is going to be a no-brainer for me.

I don't "get" people who turn their nose up at 2D games, or games with older-styled graphics. But then, I did grow up during the age where such graphics were common place, so maybe I have a natural fondness for that style.

I dunno. I feel like it has more to do with the fact that most people who criticize 2D games dont understand how much work actually goes into production of such a game. It may seem like it's easy, but it's actually quite the opposite.

Perhaps growing up with games in this style makes us biased, but I really enjoy all the love "retro" style games are getting.

Most definitely get in at 6. I placed my order about a minute and half past 10, then immediately checked to see how fast things were selling. Super Hydorah standard was sold out when I looked, so I must have barely got my copy before it sold out. I think it will likely go pretty fast this evening as well, just not as insanely fast as this morning.
I got a copy right at 6. There must have been a lot of other people trying to get one at exactly the same time, as I got the dreaded "you're in line" message when I tried to check out. Hadn't gotten that in a while. That said, the game hasn't sold out yet - 22% left at almost 6:30.

I'm in for Slime San, but I'm procrastinating buying it for at least a week. What do you guys think the odds are of another Switch game going on sale in the next two weeks?

I'd love to save $5.50 shipping if possible.

I would say chances are very high. They seem to have settled into that pattern. If you don't want to buy anything else this batch there's no harm in waiting until the last day.

I'm in for Slime San, but I'm procrastinating buying it for at least a week. What do you guys think the odds are of another Switch game going on sale in the next two weeks?

I'd love to save $5.50 shipping if possible.
I believe I heard the next Switch release will be up for sale on 6/22. Title will probably be announced soon after LRG has their E3 announcement.

bread's done
Back