Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Can't believe he compared Phantom Breaker to Scott Pilgrim. That game doesn't even touch Scott Pilgrim. fuck I wish they would release that on current gen platforms

They would reveal Yooka-Laylee Switch a few weeks after I buy the PS4 version. I held out for so long too just hoping a physical Switch version would come. Well, time to sell the PS4 version.

Also, I’m super stoked for Golf Story. I was really hoping they’d do a physical run of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q&A stuff I found interesting: (Currently watching)

Golf Story... middle of September for preorders... so (my estimate)... get it in Dec 2018 or Jan 2019

Rabi Ribi hoping for July, waiting on a PS4 patch

Battle Garegga (info incoming)

Saturday Morning RPG Sold really well on Switch so they are planning a sequel

Salt & Sanctuary is getting a CE

Scott Pilgrim... no chance at getting it due to licensing complexities

Night Trap (July 6, includes VHS movie... why... I don't know, this is a stupid idea)

Musynx (end of June)

Blaster Master Zero (pushing to try and get it... but they don't have it)

... raffle games going to be after 3pm CST... so.. um... going to watch Ubisoft instead.

I'm out... going to watch Ubisoft

This was posted by neonglow over at ResetEra:

Here's everything releasing:

PS4
Observer - 7/18
Thumper - 7/18
Salt & Sanctuary - 8/18
Exile's God - Summer 18
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds - Summer 18
Iconoclasts - Q3 18
Spelunky - TBA
Double Switch - TBA

Vita
VA-11 HALL-A - 6/29
2064 - 6/29
Salt & Sanctuary - 8/18
Exile's God - Summer 18
Senran Kagura Bon Appetit - Summer 18
Iconoclasts - Q3 18
House of Fata Morgana - Q1 19
Spelunky - TBA

Switch
Oceanhorn - Now
Night Trap - 7/18
Thumper - 7/18
Cosmic Star Heroine - 8/18
Yooka-Laylee - 8/18
Golf Story - 9/18
Layers of Fear - 10/18
Dust: An Elysian Tail - TBD
Double Switch - TBA (Maybe)

Damn, their staff has double or even tripled since last year, awesome to see, keep up the great work guys. Putting people to work in this country is no easy task, and should be commended.

Ubisoft is on now (for those following the real E3...) ... I'm hoping for some Beyond Good & Evil 2...

Anyone that wants to watch Gamespot has a nice livestream on youtube (easier to pause)

EDIT:BG&E2 second game in after the big Just Dance 2019 intro.  BG&E2 looks incredible.  That to me is a $60 game.  Makes me want to break out my GC copy of the first game even though the new game is actually a prequel.  Seamless open universe... with a request to artists to submit content to add to the game/universe.  An interesting idea.

Yall know me and my journey of asking for Phantom Breaker. It has finally happened. Now I can stop asking for it. 

Except for the Release Date.

Would've been all over Dust if it got a PS4 release as well. Hopefully that isn't out of the picture

So, I heard them mention that at the end of their Vita run, any collectors that have the entire Vita set will get a free game. I think I heard them say it was exclusive to those people... but that doesn't make sense, as that can't be a large amount of people. I think I missed a bit of info regarding that... anyone catch it all?

Senran Kagura Bon Appetit - Summer 18

House of Fata Morgana - Q1 19

One SK title I never expected as I broke down and bought it digitally long ago, that is a maybe for me.  The only game I want is Fata Morgana as looks like many PSV VNs are sadly not happening unless I missed something.

So, I heard them mention that at the end of their Vita run, any collectors that have the entire Vita set will get a free game. I think I heard them say it was exclusive to those people... but that doesn't make sense, as that can't be a large amount of people. I think I missed a bit of info regarding that... anyone catch it all?
"If its just 100 people, we will pay Sony to break the minimum"

You heard right

OF COURSE they would announce Cosmic Star Heroine for Switch right after the PS4 pre-orders closed! I wonder if I could contact their customer support and change my pre-order from PS4 to Switch? (probably not). Otherwise I'd be willing to trade my PS4 copy for anyone that buys a Switch copy down the line.

lol what in the fuck are you talking about.
Starting a business from scratch, and putting people to work(at a decent rate as well). What part did you miss? Most companies in America are more than happy to send jobs overseas. I saw many new faces I didn't see working for LRG a year a go on their last video, so I called out what I saw as a positive. I can bitch about lack of their support in this thread if that is a more approved ideal? But some how I doubt you would understand that either, so probably not worth my time.

They said they will produce a minimum run and the only way to get one is prove you have all LRG vita releases. CE or regular but no need for both. Games purchased third party, like eBay or here count.

OF COURSE they would announce Cosmic Star Heroine for Switch right after the PS4 pre-orders closed! I wonder if I could contact their customer support and change my pre-order from PS4 to Switch? (probably not). Otherwise I'd be willing to trade my PS4 copy for anyone that buys a Switch copy down the line.
Not the first time they've done it. It's pretty shady actually.

I'd love to do the same. Can someone ask on Twitter?

They said they will produce a minimum run and the only way to get one is prove you have all LRG vita releases. CE or regular but no need for both. Games purchased third party, like eBay or here count.
Damn, I guess I might need to by that Mecho Tales crap after all. LOL That's the only game I'm missing so far, and for a special release, why not?

EDIT: Hell, if I play my cards right, I might even be able to buy it for less than originally offered, as the Ebay prices are rather low.

Not very many good releases, very sad!

PS4
Observer - 7/18 - junk
Thumper - 7/18 - junk
Salt & Sanctuary - 8/18 - its ok over hyped
Exile's God - Summer 18 - good!
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds - Summer 18 - junk
Iconoclasts - Q3 18 - very good!
Spelunky - TBA - its ok
Double Switch - TBA - junk

Vita
VA-11 HALL-A - 6/29 - junk
2064 - 6/29 - junk
Salt & Sanctuary - 8/18
Exile's God - Summer 18
Senran Kagura Bon Appetit - Summer 18 - EXTREME JUNK
Iconoclasts - Q3 18
House of Fata Morgana - Q1 19 - junk
Spelunky - TBA

Switch
Oceanhorn - Now - pass
Night Trap - 7/18 - no thanks
Thumper - 7/18
Cosmic Star Heroine - 8/18 - not again
Yooka-Laylee - 8/18 - junk
Golf Story - 9/18 - good!
Layers of Fear - 10/18 - junk
Dust: An Elysian Tail - TBD - very good!

so like four games.   No Master Blaster (said above), no shmups, no Celeste, no Sonic, no Transistor, no Outland, no Bloodstained: Cursed of the Moon and many more!

Missed the first 4 Switch preorders. For these Preorders, are they only selling preorders or will they be offering extras once they’re produced?

Finally Salt and Sanctuary...feel like I’ve been waiting a year for this...

PS4
Observer - 7/18 - junk
Thumper - 7/18 - junk
Salt & Sanctuary - 8/18 - its ok over hyped
Exile's God - Summer 18 - good!
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds - Summer 18 - junk
Iconoclasts - Q3 18 - very good!
Spelunky - TBA - its ok
Double Switch - TBA - junk

Vita
VA-11 HALL-A - 6/29 - junk
2064 - 6/29 - junk
Salt & Sanctuary - 8/18
Exile's God - Summer 18
Senran Kagura Bon Appetit - Summer 18 - EXTREME JUNK
Iconoclasts - Q3 18
House of Fata Morgana - Q1 19 - junk
Spelunky - TBA

Switch
Oceanhorn - Now - pass
Night Trap - 7/18 - no thanks
Thumper - 7/18
Cosmic Star Heroine - 8/18 - not again
Yooka-Laylee - 8/18 - junk
Golf Story - 9/18 - good!
Layers of Fear - 10/18 - junk
Dust: An Elysian Tail - TBD - very good!

so like four games. No Master Blaster (said above), no shmups, no Celeste, no Sonic, no Transistor, no Outland, no Bloodstained: Cursed of the Moon and many more!
I thought there was tons of great games shown, but to each his own. There wasn't really a game shown I didn't want, but there are several I will pass on just because of all the titles I do want. LRG said they also have many more games that they just didn't get a chance to include in their showcase. But if you only liked 4 of what was offered, I doubt you'll like much of what wasn't shown.

Did everyone here miss the announcement for Kingdom: New Lands?

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/1006297870843219968?s=21

It’s a serious struggle for me to either buy this for the steelbook or pass on this garbage. So far I’ve been able to find *something* good about all of their Switch releases, until this game.

I thought there was tons of great games shown, but to each his own. There wasn't really a game shown I didn't want, but there are several I will pass on just because of all the titles I do want. LRG said they also have many more games that they just didn't get a chance to include in their showcase. But if you only liked 4 of what was offered, I doubt you'll like much of what wasn't shown.
To be fair, he's the kind of person, and the reason why LRG doesn't visit here anymore.

Yeah that's the tough thing. There were several sweet announcements/trailers and games to look forward to later this year including: Salt & Sanctuary, Phantom Breaker, Senren Kagura, and Dust. But it's weird when some of these games have been on our radar for 1.5 years and every other week we're getting hit with several of those unknown and forgettable $.99 to $9.99 steam games that nobody asked for. It leaves a mixed taste in your mouth. It's hard to focus on the good stuff when there's so much junk.

Wow such a good selection of games but will keep my excitement to a minimum until they actually become available (can’t have another high expectations like last year)

bread's done
Back