Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah that's the tough thing. There were several sweet announcements/trailers and games to look forward to later this year including: Salt & Sanctuary, Phantom Breaker, Senren Kagura, and Dust. But it's weird when some of these games have been on our radar for 1.5 years and every other week we're getting hit with several of those unknown and forgettable $.99 to $9.99 steam games that nobody asked for. It leaves a mixed taste in your mouth. It's hard to focus on the good stuff when there's so much junk.
Don't worry LRG is gonna "slow down" haha. I've wanted Dust for a while but not just a switch release.

Pretty solid Vita list. Hopefully there will be some surprises thrown in down the line. Splelunky is awesome. Was hoping LRG would release that on Vita. Also, I think it's cool that they are doing something special for people with a complete Vita LRG collection.

Don't worry LRG is gonna "slow down" haha. I've wanted Dust for a while but not just a switch release.
It's like falling down a hill and not being able to stop yourself.

IT JUST KEEPS COMING.

22abca3968dedee613beec84b32afbd9.gif

Pretty solid Vita list. Hopefully there will be some surprises thrown in down the line. Splelunky is awesome. Was hoping LRG would release that on Vita. Also, I think it's cool that they are doing something special for people with a complete Vita LRG collection.
Yes! There will be surprises. They've eluded that they have a whopping thirty-five upcoming Vita titles, though I'm not certain if they said this before or after Sekai Project formally cancelled Fault late last week, nor if they were counting Friday;s release of Super Hydorah in that number. Regardless though, we only know the names of twenty-five titles they have upcoming, which means there are up to ten more titles which are a mystery at present time! Known upcoming Vita games from LRG are:

2064: Read Only Memories (6/29)
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Cyberpunk Bartender Action: Va-11 Hall-A (6/29)
Defender's Quest (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Iconoclasts (3rd Quarter)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Musynx (June?)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Phantom Breaker: BattleGrounds Overdrive (3rd Quarter)
Rabi-Ribi (3rd Quarter)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (8/24)
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!: Full Course (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
Siralim 2 (TBA)
Spelunky (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition (1st Quarter 2019)
World End Economica: Episode 1 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 2 (TBA)
World End Economica: Episode 3 (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

Yes! There will be surprises. They've eluded that they have a whopping thirty-five upcoming Vita titles, though I'm not certain if they said this before or after Sekai Project formally cancelled Fault late last week, nor if they were counting Friday;s release of Super Hydorah in that number. Regardless though, we only know the names of twenty-five titles they have upcoming, which means there are up to ten more titles which are a mystery at present time! Known upcoming Vita games from LRG are:

(snip)
I'm not confident that some of these will get released. Some have been teased since 2016/2017 (YIIK, Nuclear Throne, Runner 3, Forma.8, Dragon Fantasy), Sekai Project seems to have moved to Switch with their non-Rabi console offerings (World End Economia, Narcissu), and the KS projects don't seem to have a release date in sight (Battle Princess, Sharin no Kuni). Plus if the last game orders are being taken in March for cartridge production, we're looking at four Vita games a month until that point if they've got 30+ planned.

This isn't to say that LRG isn't doing due diligence or doesn't intend to release those games, but I can definitely see some cracks in the plan. They could be working their butts off to make it happen, but they aren't the only party that needs to get in gear to make it happen.

Any word on the Sega CD cases at the presentation? Not sexy but still....
After the presentation in the Q&A they talked about them. They said something to the nature of they were about ready and that they had to make all new molds to get them right. The basic cases will be around 5 for $25 (not a firm price but Josh's guess) and they were toying with making a better version with thicker material so they'd be less likely to break but no pricing on them .. just that they would clearly be more.

Starting a business from scratch, and putting people to work(at a decent rate as well). What part did you miss? Most companies in America are more than happy to send jobs overseas. I saw many new faces I didn't see working for LRG a year a go on their last video, so I called out what I saw as a positive. I can bitch about lack of their support in this thread if that is a more approved ideal? But some how I doubt you would understand that either, so probably not worth my time.
The people shown were mostly all Mighty Rabbit Studios employees ... some/most of which also do a job or two with LRG. That's why the group seemed so big. Most everyone introduced worked on Saturday Morning RPG or one of the other games. That's not to say it's a bad thing or anything. It's great they kept things in house after they failed so bad with contracting the work out for shipping and stuff.

This isn't to say that LRG isn't doing due diligence or doesn't intend to release those games, but I can definitely see some cracks in the plan. They could be working their butts off to make it happen, but they aren't the only party that needs to get in gear to make it happen.
Yeah, I completely agree, so even if they say 30+ games are on the books for Vita, I'm pretty sure at least a handful will not make it by D-Day(maybe even more). I've mentioned the same problems that you have, as to many pieces of the puzzle have to come together for anyone of those titles to make release. Just dealing with "slackers" daily in my own life, shows me just how little most will do in life if money is a factor or not. I'll be happy if 20 of 30 makes it to market, as that would be a much more realistic number, but maybe those 30+ games are further along than they may appear. In which case, we may see them all and then some, but I'm not holding my breath for that. LOL

Something is telling me some of the Sekai ones will miss deadlines. By some I mean likely all of them other than Rabi Rabi and maybe the sunflower one.

The people shown were mostly all Mighty Rabbit Studios employees ... some/most of which also do a job or two with LRG. That's why the group seemed so big. Most everyone introduced worked on Saturday Morning RPG or one of the other games. That's not to say it's a bad thing or anything. It's great they kept things in house after they failed so bad with contracting the work out for shipping and stuff.
Yeah, I noticed most where from Mighty Rabbit, but to my knowledge, LRG started with 2 people, Josh & Doug. Even if they have some Mighty Rabbit former employees now, they have all been added in recent years, as Mighty Rabbit hasn't had any active projects until now, with SMRPG 2. Which has still happened due to LRG success, so rehiring or new hiring, is still new jobs, and has only happened as there is now a way to put those past staff back to their intended fields of work.

Starting a business from scratch, and putting people to work(at a decent rate as well). What part did you miss? Most companies in America are more than happy to send jobs overseas. I saw many new faces I didn't see working for LRG a year a go on their last video, so I called out what I saw as a positive. I can bitch about lack of their support in this thread if that is a more approved ideal? But some how I doubt you would understand that either, so probably not worth my time.
Where and why would LRG send a job overseas? How on earth would it make sense for them to do that? Have you ever worked for a startup?

Nevermind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EheLN-MDzrA

Last edited by a moderator:
Where and why would LRG send a job overseas? How on earth would it make sense for them to do that? Have you ever worked for a startup?
That wasn't specific in regards to man power on hand, but production of items. As lots of what LRG puts in to their games, can and will be produced overseas, which is why Play-Asia's offerings cost way less than LRG. So by keeping most of their production in the US, it allows for them to have a decent amount of staff at LRG offices, which benefits the economy. It's also putting others to work in US, that may not even be at LRG offices, but those working at other parts in the food chain so to speak.

I'm sorry that pointing out a positive for a business is such an issue for most of you here, which I made to LRG, and congratulated them directly. As per the norm, if someone likes LRG for any reason, the ass clowns around here need to break it down and shit on it for their own petty needs. How pathetic your life must be!

Something is telling me some of the Sekai ones will miss deadlines. By some I mean likely all of them other than Rabi Rabi and maybe the sunflower one.
I'm pleased to inform you that Sharin no Kuni: The Girl Among the Sunflowers is not related to Sekai Project. It's the result of a successful KickStarter project funded localization that was started by a company called "Tokyo Otaku Mode" (aka TOM), with localization being handled by a company by the name of "Front Wing". LRG Was signed on to be the publishing partner for the Vita version, and is likely also involved in some capacity with the porting of the game itself, though there has not been anything stated to officially confirm if that is the case or not. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/re-sharin-no-kuni-project/

project_logo.jpeg

And yes, they are "porting" the game, as it was not released for the Vita in Japan, it was released for the PSP over there!

sharin_no_kuni_psp.jpg

Is there any way to get Sharin no Kuni?
backerkit?
BackerKit for Sharin no Kuni has already been locked down as of last November. LRG Will be selling a cover or slipcover variant of the game though as one of their releases, guessing same as how LRG handled Plague Road last year. No cover art has been revealed yet, digital release of the PC game on Steam is presently now overdue as they had re-adjusted their target launch of the game digitally to end of May, but as of June 6th said they will have the game up on Steam sometime this month, with the physical Vita port definitely releasing sometime later this year.

BackerKit for Sharin no Kuni has already been locked down as of last November. LRG Will be selling a cover or slipcover variant of the game though as one of their releases, guessing same as how LRG handled Plague Road last year. No cover art has been revealed yet, digital release of the PC game on Steam is presently now overdue as they had re-adjusted their target launch of the game digitally to end of May, but as of June 6th said they will have the game up on Steam sometime this month, with the physical Vita port definitely releasing sometime later this year.
Thanks for the info.

Got the LRG Vita carrying case in the mail today (pink). Pretty solid case for $9.99. It is semi-hard and has plenty of slots/room for storage. Nicer item than I expected. Cool that I was able to order it with a game and it didn't cost any more for postage.

I know I'm late to the game, been busy, but yay some good announcements in there.  New things I'm most excited for,

Phantom Breaker - I will miss Olengie constantly asking about it though.

Double Switch - Not as good as Night Trap, but I'm a sucker for the old Digital Pictures games, now I just need Slam City & Supreme Warrior lol.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - Little disappointed it's Switch only, would have like to see a PS4 release as well but still won't stop me from grabbing a copy and I still don't have a Switch.

Got the LRG Vita carrying case in the mail today (pink). Pretty solid case for $9.99. It is semi-hard and has plenty of slots/room for storage. Nicer item than I expected. Cool that I was able to order it with a game and it didn't cost any more for postage.
Glad to hear it. I ordered a copy of the Vita carrying case with Oceanhorn (Switch) two days ago.

I know I'm late to the game, been busy, but yay some good announcements in there. New things I'm most excited for,

Phantom Breaker - I will miss Olengie constantly asking about it though.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - Little disappointed it's Switch only, would have like to see a PS4 release as well but still won't stop me from grabbing a copy and I still don't have a Switch.
What you're going to get from me now is asking for a release date, asking for Sekai Project to release their goddam games, and politely asking for Dust: An Elysian Tail PS4 release

This may sound like a weird question, but does this case smell at all? The reason I ask is I once got a Neoprene case for a cell phone and the smell wouldn't go away. It ruined the phone and every time I touched it the smell would be on my hands. I'm hoping this case is not made of the same type of material.

This may sound like a weird question, but does this case smell at all? The reason I ask is I once got a Neoprene case for a cell phone and the smell wouldn't go away. It ruined the phone and every time I touched it the smell would be on my hands. I'm hoping this case is not made of the same type of material.
It does have a slight odor when held right up to the nose. I have a pretty good sense of smell and cannot smell it unless it's under my nose. Not sure if that odor will transfer to the Vita. It certainly doesn't stay on my hand when I hold the case.

Anyone know what boxes they're using currently? I have a blue and gold and a tan/mint green. Did I miss any? I haven't gotten a box in forever..

Anyone know what boxes they're using currently? I have a blue and gold and a tan/mint green. Did I miss any? I haven't gotten a box in forever..
The past few games I've received were in a slightly larger, but more form fitting, regular brown cardboard box with Red colored Limited Run text on the top of the box.

Hmmm, anyone know the significance of an LRG game that appears new (shrink-wrapped) but has a hole punched through the UPC code, under the shrink wrap?

Just bought a game from a market place seller on AZ and that's what I received.  This wasn't disclosed in the description.

Hmmm, anyone know the significance of an LRG game that appears new (shrink-wrapped) but has a hole punched through the UPC code, under the shrink wrap?

Just bought a game from a market place seller on AZ and that's what I received. This wasn't disclosed in the description.
It's a Sony promo meaning that Sony receives a certain quantity of each game that they license for replication at their authorized facilities for internal use. These often end up in the hands of employees. From the collector's perspective, they seem to be less valuable than unpunched copies.

It's a Sony promo meaning that Sony receives a certain quantity of each game that they license for replication at their authorized facilities for internal use. These often end up in the hands of employees. From the collector's perspective, they seem to be less valuable than unpunched copies.
Thanks, wondered if it might be a demo or promo of some sort.

It also means it should not be resold. Josh used to ask people to notify him if they found punched copies in the wild, but not sure if he cares any more

You can write "Not for resale" on anything. It doesn't mean anything. Courts have continued to uphold first sale doctrine for most physical products.

You can write "Not for resale" on anything. It doesn't mean anything. Courts have continued to uphold first sale doctrine for most physical products.
It does if you're am employee of Sony and your employment agreement and the terms of sale in the employee store say you can't resell items you purchase there.

MFer! I paid full Ebay price for a Vita New and Tasty copy that came like this,

It does if you're am employee of Sony and your employment agreement and the terms of sale in the employee store say you can't resell items you purchase there.
In which case, isn't the worst thing they can do is fire you without any type of severance? I mean, I doubt it'd be worth it to pursue any type of legal action even if they could, in most cases.

In which case, isn't the worst thing they can do is fire you without any type of severance? I mean, I doubt it'd be worth it to pursue any type of legal action even if they could, in most cases.
Yes, in my experience a studio will generally terminate you if you breach the terms of an employee discount program but they can't really force you to somehow get the sold item back. It's still a significant threat, especially if you are an employee with a few years of experience.

From LRG's discord

Subject to change

June 22nd:

Kingdom New Lands (PS4, Switch, PC)
Musynx (PS4, Vita)

June 29th:

Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS4, Vita)
Read Only Memories 2064 (Vita)
VA-11 HALL-A (Vita)

MFer! I paid full Ebay price for a Vita New and Tasty copy that came like this,
This used to happen to me all the time when I would buy new PS2 games off of eBay, and it drove me crazy. The UPC would have a big hole in it, or sometimes have multiple small holes punched in it. One time I bought a Spyro game that a hole punched not only through the UPC but the case itself as well - I guess they forgot to punch the insert before sealing it up. I got to the point where if I didn't see a clear picture of the back of a game's case, I would just assume it was a promo copy with a hole punched in it, and I wouldn't bid/buy it. I haven't seen one of those in a while, though (I haven't been buying games off of eBay, either.)

bread's done
Back