Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah, there was so much wrong with that clowns tweet, I didn't even bother to respond. Then he had the nerve to respond with LRG should have made that known from the start, like it's their job to inform him on news/information that doesn't concern them.
Pretty much why I don’t do social media. Too many “geniuses” on there speaking as if they actually know something.

Man, tough decision on ROM and VA-11 this week.  I'm a sucker for CE's for good games so it was a no-brainer for me yesterday.  Now that I found out you get some coasters and a pin instead of a soundtrack, the decision isn't so easy.  They must just be testing the waters to see if the games still sell out quick even without a soundtrack (or maybe they want people to buy the vinyl)?

Wow, I was thinking that I was going to absolutely pick up those collector's editions... but coasters? Really? Whose idea was that?
Every CE should include an art-book and soundtrack.

I'm still slightly tempted because I have no self-control and the display looks nice... but I doubt even I will pull the trigger on these.

Man, tough decision on ROM and VA-11 this week. I'm a sucker for CE's for good games so it was a no-brainer for me yesterday. Now that I found out you get some coasters and a pin instead of a soundtrack, the decision isn't so easy. They must just be testing the waters to see if the games still sell out quick even without a soundtrack (or maybe they want people to buy the vinyl)?
Yeah, I'm on the fence as well, but soundtracks are never my thing, so that wasn't a deal breaker, but you get a lot of nothing it seems for the price. I am a Cyberpunk fan, so this set appeal to me for that alone, but I'm just not sure if I want to pay the higher price or not. I guess I have a 1 1/2 days to decide. LOL

I would love to get a physical copy of Valhalla...but not on Vita. Really disappointed LRG will not be releasing a PS4 or Switch version. I'll be skipping this.

ugh, please don't do that.  Ebay auctions are never news, or discussion-worthy, under any circumstance.   People can post anything they want on Ebay.  It doesn't mean anything.  That seller has 0 rating. 

It's one of the worst kinds of off-topic runaway freight trains that gets people riled up around here.  I wish CAG had the same rule that many other enthusiast sites have, and that's:  no posting Ebay auctions!

ugh, please don't do that. Ebay auctions are never news, or discussion-worthy, under any circumstance. People can post anything they want on Ebay. It doesn't mean anything. That seller has 0 rating.

It's one of the worst kinds of off-topic runaway freight trains that gets people riled up around here. I wish CAG had the same rule that many other enthusiast sites have, and that's: no posting Ebay auctions!
Wanted to Highlight that by saying it DOES mean EVERYTHING when resellers and the whole retro community use EBAY as a source of prices. Go to a yard sale or a store ask them "How much for this SNES cart?" the dood says "Let me see on my phone by checking ebay!" <sort by highest sold, ok got it>, "Sir your price for Pilotwings is $200.00 and since it has a box n docs, its $450.00. cash or credit?"

Also, people will buy ANYTHING on EBAY, the mentally is strange unless its to ripoff the seller, I see countless examples of people buying over retail price brand new release games vs buying from other online shops or in stores. OK, I went and hit the rail on this one!

Wanted to Highlight that by saying it DOES mean EVERYTHING when resellers and the whole retro community use EBAY as a source of prices. Go to a yard sale or a store ask them "How much for this SNES cart?" the dood says "Let me see on my phone by checking ebay!" <sort by highest sold, ok got it>, "Sir your price for Pilotwings is $200.00 and since it has a box n docs, its $450.00. cash or credit?"

Also, people will buy ANYTHING on EBAY, the mentally is strange unless its to ripoff the seller, I see countless examples of people buying over retail price brand new release games vs buying from other online shops or in stores. OK, I went and hit the rail on this one!
see this is how retarded people get bc of Ebay

I've been there, but saying that they would actually check the sold listings is too generous. They goes by highest listed price + shipping and a 20% mark up because you don't have to wait for the game if you buy it a yard-sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simmer down people I was just pointing out that they had a preorder for a collectors edition that hasn’t been released yet and found it odd not because of the price (because that’s normal) but because I wondered what would happen if they didn’t secure getting it from LRG in the first place.

Don't recall if its been mentioned yet in this thread, but apparently Everspace: Galactic Edition is no longer being released by Badland Games.  The developer actually went to LRG and LRG agreed to release it.  I believe the plan is to put it up in early July and for it to be a month long preorder.

Simmer down people I was just pointing out that they had a preorder for a collectors edition that hasn’t been released yet and found it odd not because of the price (because that’s normal) but because I wondered what would happen if they didn’t secure getting it from LRG in the first place.
Yeah, around here, you need to make intentions beyond "clear", otherwise you see what you'll get. LOL

As for what was meant, I often see not in hand items, but if both sides are OK, it's what it is. I'm pretty sure Ebay has a policy against offering preorder items, but as stated, so long as both sides are cool it happens all the time. Ultimately, it's a fools errand to me, as your either get burned more often than not, or end up selling something cheaper than you should have.

If within a few months, prices fall, the buyer will just file a claim for non delivery, and since it was never mailed, it's reversed ASAP! Then if he sells at the current price, by the time it's released, these might be getting $200(I doubt it, but it could happen). So for me personally, I never bother either way, as I'll get screwed last minute, or have to agree to a sale where current value may be lost. It's a gamble for sure, but some people live to gamble, so more power to all involved.

Don't recall if its been mentioned yet in this thread, but apparently Everspace: Galactic Edition is no longer being released by Badland Games. The developer actually went to LRG and LRG agreed to release it. I believe the plan is to put it up in early July and for it to be a month long preorder.
Awesome! I was wondering what was going on with the physical release. Definite buy for me.

but because I wondered what would happen if they didn’t secure getting it from LRG in the first place.
It's called selling "futures" and it is financial practice that has been around for a long time. I believe it first came into vogue over the Tulip industry in the Netherlands. And yes, it is a very risky practice, and can blow up in people's faces. (and frequently does) The idea in futures trading is to make certain that you don't get caught owning the futures if the floor falls out from underneath the whole enterprise. It's kind of like playing hot potato or musical chairs, only whoever loses ends up being financially destitute.

The eBay example you brought up is just a very mild example of this concept in practice. It can get really wild, with people buying and selling nothing more than a promise, the price of that promise fluctuating constantly. Financial institutions need to be careful when dealing with intangibles.

giphy-downsized.gif

Went to check re-sale value of regular ole Thimbleweed Park since it came in this week.... Average sales between $80-100 smfh. It was open for two weeks people!

Went to check re-sale value of regular ole Thimbleweed Park since it came in this week.... Average sales between $80-100 smfh. It was open for two weeks people!
It's entirely possible that with more people buying the game for their actual collections and resellers staying home for an open ended preorder there are fewer copies than normal of the game to hit the secondary market. With that comes the same demand as any other release where people missed out because they weren't aware of LRG, weren't fans of the game at the time, or only recently started collecting or whatever. At the end of the day think of the most rare of retail games... nothing LRG has published has even reached the low end of typical retail of even the most niche title. So in that respect every game will be rare in the grand scope of things.

It's called selling "futures" and it is financial practice that has been around for a long time.
The thing here is it's entirely possible they have a way to get the games beyond the normal means... which if they have some guaranteed way to get supply then it's a simple basic flip.

which if they have some guaranteed way to get supply then it's a simple basic flip.
There are no guarantees, that's the danger of trading in futures. Maybe the game developer goes belly-up before the game goes into production, and LRG loses the rights to publish. Maybe the developer breaks contract and the release ends up getting canceled. Maybe Sony closes down a production facility ahead of schedule. Maybe there's an earthquake, and a production facility gets taken forcefully and unexpectedly off-line. There's no 100% way to be certain that a given event is going to come about.

For a pre-order from a company like LRG, you just demand a refund, and you most likely get it. For futures speculators, getting your money back gets increasingly murky, and harder to pull off. I never dapple in such purchases. But then, I also don't feel an obsessive need to acquire all games. Rolling the dice on the usual acquisition method at the usual price is fine with me. I only ever order from eBay for bargain-hunting, usually on obscure items. I picked up damaged Nintendo handhelds for refurbishing from there one time. I occasionally go hunting for older PC games. But ordering a game that hasn't been released yet? No, I would never go for that deal. I only ever pre-order from firmly established retailers, and even then not often. A second-hand pre-order? No thank you.

There are no guarantees, that's the danger of trading in futures.
This isn't trading futures though because there is no threat of someone being financially wiped out. Worst case is some paypal/ebay fees might have to still be paid. If it was hundreds of second hand preorders then it would be a bit of a risk even though LRG has yet to fail to deliver on their sales.

I'm 100% with you on buying second hand pre-orders. I couldn't do that. I have narrowed my purchases down so much that outside of games I'm really interested in playing that I think will be AAA to me (weather they are or not to everyone else)... I try not to preorder. Left for me this year are bout 5 games (Xenoblade C2 Torna, SSB Ultimate, Tales of Vesperia, Shenmue 1&2, & Yakuza Kiwami 2)... outside of that I'm not really sure there's anything I want bad enough to get it day one and so far with the LRG Switch games I've resisted them all because at the end of the day I'm losing interest in indie games outside of just going digital on the cheap.

Just noticed that they did include soundtracks to the collectors edition which makes it a little more more enticing. Although I think 2064 is lacking for the price it’s being offered but with it being a “connection” with VA-11 I’m still considering it.

Yeah, looks like I'm gonna have to pass on the CE's, as it's to many Vita items for one day(still need to get Musynx). It's cool they added the soundtracks for those who are interested, but for me, It's pretty much a cool box, with not much else. I'm super excited for both games, so for sure getting both standards, but just to much to pay for nothing much I would actually use or care about.

Ended up grabbing both Collectors Editions (still iffy on if 2064 was a good decision or not) and preordered Mysynx.  Decided to skip Xenon as it doesn’t look that great to me.

Got the collector's edition dual pack, harr.   I'm excited.   Been waiting for Vallhalla physical edition to arrive for about two years.  :beer:

Can't wait to see the panorama from the two boxes.   Didn't even see there was a special bundle with bonus poster until a few minutes ago.   God I would kill to have it ship rolled in a poster tube instead of folded up. 

Just standard versions of Va-11 Hall-A & Read Only Memories for me.  I've been cutting back lately and getting more selective about what I buy.

Even coming from someone who likes adventure games and VNs, 2064 is honestly a terrible game, if you missed it take comfort in that.

Didn't even see there was a special bundle with bonus poster until a few minutes ago. God I would kill to have it ship rolled in a poster tube instead of folded up.
Yeah and of course I didn't see it at all. I was trying to decide if 2064 was worth it and missed out on getting the bundle instead :-({|=

Ironically too poor for CE's but snagged all 4  Standard Vita Copies :p I hope they give us a break after this.... 4 different Vita games in a week is nuts.... and we still have what 8 more titles that have a schedule and even more unknown yeesh....

True but already purchased them separately so don’t know if it’s worth the trouble of trying to cancel this order and try to get the bundle just for an extra poster although it does look awesome.
The extra poster comes with the CE if bought separate as well, as that was the first way mentioned, as the bundle was a last minute addition.

bread's done
Back