Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So was just browsing the eshop and noticed Salt and Sanctuary is releasing 8/2. Not sure how I missed it, any chance the LRG release includes the Switch version too?

So was just browsing the eshop and noticed Salt and Sanctuary is releasing 8/2. Not sure how I missed it, any chance the LRG release includes the Switch version too?
From the press release that went out yesterday, it sounds like Salt and Sanctuary on the Switch will be a retail release late this year and not handled by LRG.

From the press release that went out yesterday, it sounds like Salt and Sanctuary on the Switch will be a retail release late this year and not handled by LRG.
Yeah just saw that, well now I’m torn lol...I’ve waited this long, might as well wait a little longer I guess

Rabi Ribi is taken off the release schedule for August.

Sekai Project being another disappointment yet again

Last edited by a moderator:
Rabi Ribi is taken off the release schedule for August.

Sekai Project being another disappointment again
Aw, man... Thanks for the heads up, that means I need to move some pre-order purchases from this week to Aug 10 instead to pair up with newly lonely Phantom Breaker to save on shipping.

Excited for Bastion. Great game. I really hope this is followed up with transistor being released. I love transistor sooooo much.

Strongly considering skipping Bastion in hopes of a Switch release.  That's what I find myself doing more and more these days.  Zero idea why it wouldn't come to Switch

Considering picking up Bastion but unsure of which version to get. Can anyone who has played it before tell me if they thought it benefited from a bigger screen or is it best played on a handheld?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering picking up Bastion but unsure of which version to get. Can anyone who has played it before tell me if they thought it benefited from a bigger screen or is it best played on a handheld?
I only played it on Vita so I'm not the most qualified to answer your question, but it felt good on that system.

I played through it on the Xbox 360 a while ago, but it scales down to handheld nicely. I don't think there's anywhere you really need additional screen real estate, so I'd say go with whatever your general platform preference is.

See Doug, I told you nothing had changed in the last few months, same shit, different day! LOL
The complete collector rants ended along with the constant need to inform on that ebayer Chris guy when the LRG folks left. It's been not perfectly chill... but much more chill these last few months. Of course Doug pops in and things go to :twoguns: :dunce: :evil: :baby: . :boxing: :wall: :whee:

The mega bundle today was the first one that made sense to me to pick up, but that sold in about 30 seconds! Went back and was able to pick everything up individually.

Went for and got the mega bundle today as it didn't include duplicate games and/or covers and just included one of each.  Also included a few extra cards, including two guaranteed gold foil ones, which was a nice bonus.

Just Exile's End PS4 for me.

Have a whole month to decide on the other two and will likely bundle them in with other PREORDER games so I don't have to wait as long for Exile's End.

And still no idea of a CE or it's possible contents.

LRG You're getting worse and worse at this :argue:
I don't know that I would say getting worse, but damn sure ain't getting no better! LOL

EDIT: A few pages back, someone made a list of the releases known so far for the next month or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know that I would say getting worse, but damn sure ain't getting no better! LOL

EDIT: A few pages back, someone made a list of the releases known so far for the next month or so.
Yes, their release dates were posted, but LRG still waits until the last minute to post some details that we as customers should have sooner than a day or two before a sale. If they want me to continue floating them loans for months at a time they're going to need to start acting like a real business. I've ordered every CE so far for Switch.

The digital version for the Vita is PSTV compatible. it's not mentioned on the release page but I'd assume the physical version is as well. I played it on both Vita and PSTV and there doesn't seem to be any advantage the bigger screen. The camera is fixed and the game world itself is pretty basic so it works well on a tv or the small screen.

Just realized that the preorders are going to be open for a month.  I’m rather shocked they would be open for so long.  Anyone know if this is something new?  It actually helps me out because I wanted to add them onto another order but was just a little curious.

Just realized that the preorders are going to be open for a month. I’m rather shocked they would be open for so long. Anyone know if this is something new? It actually helps me out because I wanted to add them onto another order but was just a little curious.
I hadn't noticed it was that long, but it's good for all involved, as it allows many of us to combine that with other games that may be taking awhile to arrive. They have some pretty big name games coming over this next month, so each Friday when people come to buy a game they may have been waiting on, then they'll see Bastion and may add it to an order.

We all know about it, because we frequent places where that info is easy to come by. Not all buyers who shop at LRG, do so on a regular basis. But this is all the best reason I can think of, but who knows? Maybe the developer wanted to do it for 30 days, as they may have plans for different promotions throughout the month.

I am kind of liking this pre-order system. No rush to be on at 10 AM and I can wait for several weeks and bundle together mu

I hadn't noticed it was that long, but it's good for all involved, as it allows many of us to combine that with other games that may be taking awhile to arrive. They have some pretty big name games coming over this next month, so each Friday when people come to buy a game they may have been waiting on, then they'll see Bastion and may add it to an order.

We all know about it, because we frequent places where that info is easy to come by. Not all buyers who shop at LRG, do so on a regular basis. But this is all the best reason I can think of, but who knows? Maybe the developer wanted to do it for 30 days, as they may have plans for different promotions throughout the month.
30 days is great, that allows you to wait for 4 weeks worth of releases and save on shipping costs. I didn't like the pre-order system initially but it's growing on me. No more 10 AM rush! I am still curious if anything else is releasing next week as I don't need Oxenfree on Switch but want to get Thumper and some of the games that came out this week.

So if Oxenfree is the only thing next week it will likely make it a week off for me.  Open preorder means I can add it to any order I make on the 10th or 17th.

So if Oxenfree is the only thing next week it will likely make it a week off for me. Open preorder means I can add it to any order I make on the 10th or 17th.
Yep, that's my plan, as I think another NS title will be offered the following week,or the one after. That way I can put 2 in 1 order, as I hate to order singles of anything, unless there's no other choice.

So if Oxenfree is the only thing next week it will likely make it a week off for me. Open preorder means I can add it to any order I make on the 10th or 17th.
I've been doing this with all their Switch releases, so next week I'll pair up Oxenfree with Thumper. Really loving the two week preorder period.

Yes, LRG is only handling the PS4 & Vita versions. That Switch release will be at standard retailers.

Why would I buy LRG vs this? What are the differences? Is LRG only Vita/PS4?

Salt and Sanctuary: Drowned Tome Edition 10/30 Switch
Yeah, you probably wouldn't. I don't own an NS, and I'm happy to get the LRG Vita version, as that's my current area of collecting. If I was collecting for the NS, this would be an instant purchase, but no big deal either way at this point.

I wonder if LRG was even given a chance to get S&S on Switch. Seems like a dick move for the developer to go with someone else after LRG waited all this time for them to finish the Vita version.

I'll probably get all 3 versions anyway since soulsborne stuff is my jam

I wonder if LRG was even given a chance to get S&S on Switch. Seems like a dick move for the developer to go with someone else after LRG waited all this time for them to finish the Vita version.

I'm pretty sure S&S is getting a retail release on Switch, so it will not be a limited print like the others.

I'd say most people would prefer retail releases. Some of the better Indie games have already been released at retail anyway. It's good because no LRG tax and prices actually COME DOWN. The developers of S&S can do whatever they want and it's good for consumers.

I'd say most people would prefer retail releases. Some of the better Indie games have already been released at retail anyway. It's good because no LRG tax and prices actually COME DOWN. The developers of S&S can do whatever they want and it's good for consumers.
It's not good for the devs usually. Already had a partner go retail after working with us and they said they regretted it and now future projects are with us again. Devs lose control of their game when it goes retail. Indies don't have a good track record at retail either. You have 1 or 2 here and there that do fine but a lot of them get marked clearance which just further hurts the devs.

Once you go retail...you go back to LRG.

It's not good for the devs usually. Already had a partner go retail after working with us and they said they regretted it and now future projects are with us again. Devs lose control of their game when it goes retail. Indies don't have a good track record at retail either. You have 1 or 2 here and there that do fine but a lot of them get marked clearance which just further hurts the devs.
Nice. Thank you for the insight.

Why do you even bother to check this thread if all you ever do is post to bash on them?

I feel sorry for you if this is what you do with your free time.

I’m sure there’s a ton of advantages to having LRG publish indie games like better advertising (I’m sure there would be little to no advertising by a big publisher for an indie title as it would be deemed too risky), LRG already has the target audience’s full attention so less likely to have poor sales (everything sells through 100%), probably a better cut of sales than would receive with a big publisher, (imho) a special honor just being released by a publisher that has a cult following of its own, and so on.

Unless you are a gigantic hit on your own, I would think it behooves any indie dev to look to work with a small batch publisher.

I agree that choice is better for the consumer. But from a business perspective, the developer is undermining their own LRG releases by having the Switch version be a retail release. That could hurt LRG sales and potentially sour future working relationships with LRG.

Just seems like a poor choice IMO.

bread's done
Back