Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/1027613757483171843

Looks like Limited Run will be releasing this game too.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/1027613757483171843

Looks like Limited Run will be releasing this game too.
I thought another limited game company was releasing Bard's Tale? Red Art Games or something like that? Or is Red Art releasing the EU version and LRG releasing the NA Region 1 version?

I'm confused about their comments on The Bard's Tale in that twitter thread.

As far as I'm aware the trophies are glitched in both versions (they share a trophy list, after all), traversing around water in the PS4 release sometimes takes it down to ~5 fps from the comments I've read (this performs better on Vita, strangely), and the difficulty related trophies unlock differently based on a choice you make at the end of the game (nobody knows if this is intentional or not). Maybe the Vita version has *more* issues, I suppose, but from all available information on the game, it seems like they're still going to be releasing a broken product? Or am I missing some new information here?

A patch was stated to be in the works to fix these issues, but that was going on a year ago now. No updates, no communication, no feedback. It would be great if they at least said it'll never be fixed, like Dragon Fin Soup, as then we'd at least know.

So who's getting what today? I know Phantom Breakers has been one of the more requested titles, but I'm not to familiar with the game, but it looks cool so I'm grabbing a Vita copy. Sucks the Vita version won't get all the content, but it is what it is.

I also want Oxenfree for the NS, but I'm going to wait until next Friday, and hope West of Loathing sticks to it's release date. That way, I can combine 2 in 1 for better shipping. It's sucks to only get one Vita title this week, as I like to combine those when possible as well. But from here on out, I'm guessing this will be the new norm, as just not that many titles left overall. And between LRG & Play-Asia, I still end up with a pretty decent amount of Vita games each month anyways. Which is beyond insane for a system that has been on life support for so long(VITA is life Bitches). LOL

In for a vita copy. I didn't even look into the other game because I can't afford to keep up with this extra surprise shit. I budgeted what I could for lrg but they've bled me dry. It might be a cool game but I'm too burnt out.

Not to mention this will be the 7th game they owe me that I've purchased and won't have for several weeks or months.

In for a vita copy. I didn't even look into the other game because I can't afford to keep up with this extra surprise shit. I budgeted what I could for lrg but they've bled me dry. It might be a cool game but I'm too burnt out.

Not to mention this will be the 7th game they owe me that I've purchased and won't have for several weeks or months.
When you buy the game they tell you it won’t ship for several months. That’s like buying a preorder game and getting upset that it doesn’t ship right away..

When you buy the game they tell you it won’t ship for several months. That’s like buying a preorder game and getting upset that it doesn’t ship right away..
It's easy to be dismissive, but there are a few things to consider:

1. Games used to be shipped out a lot faster - there were times when I'd order a game and receive it the next week in 2017.
  2. The forecasted dates they give on the listing aren't always accurate (per the recent Sony update, everything seems to be delayed about a month from what was expected).
That being said, I don't take issue with the way they're handling it because they provide regular(-ish) updates, have never failed to deliver, and a lot of the delays are due to issues outside of their control. However, I can definitely empathize with the opposing viewpoint as well; not everyone keeps up with LRG on mediums where updates are posted, and delays are never fun.

Haven't bought anything from LRG in a while. I was looking into Phantom Breaker since it does look interesting and noticed there's no limit on the number of copies that can be purchased. Is that new for this release? I remember there used to be a limit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tothoro I get your point. I guess from my perspective I have enough games to play for the rest of my life so waiting a few months for a game is no big deal. I won’t buy digital so I will gladly pay a little more and wait for a physical copy if it’s a game I really want to play. On a different note, that everspace game looks pretty interesting. I rally wish PS4 had VR mode but it should still be fun either way. I’m not a fan of being forced to buy a soundtrack with it though.

So who's getting what today? I know Phantom Breakers has been one of the more requested titles, but I'm not to familiar with the game, but it looks cool so I'm grabbing a Vita copy. Sucks the Vita version won't get all the content, but it is what it is.

I also want Oxenfree for the NS, but I'm going to wait until next Friday, and hope West of Loathing sticks to it's release date. That way, I can combine 2 in 1 for better shipping. It's sucks to only get one Vita title this week, as I like to combine those when possible as well. But from here on out, I'm guessing this will be the new norm, as just not that many titles left overall. And between LRG & Play-Asia, I still end up with a pretty decent amount of Vita games each month anyways. Which is beyond insane for a system that has been on life support for so long(VITA is life Bitches). LOL
Still debating on whether to get Phantom Breaker CE (pretty cool CE so cant resist) for PS4/Vita. Only thing stopping me from Vita is that it’s “missing” what PS4 has. Also thinking about adding Bastion as well but might wait on that.

In for a copy of Phantom Breaker on each platform, regular copies on each.  New rule no more CE's for me.  Also putting in my orders for 1 of each Bastion.  I kind of interested in Late Shift, but from what I've heard it's not up to par compared to The Bunker and my budget is already crying.

The regular versions of Phantom Breaker seems to be going faster than the CE's
This doesn't surprise me too much as CEs don't really feel special when nearly every game they release has one. I personally went with the Vita CE and the PS4 standard version. Also picked up Late Shift as that looks fun, and added Oxenfree since I hadn't ordered that yet.

I can't say. Never played the dlc.
The DLC is extra characters. If you're trying to complete it, it easily adds another 10 hours or so for the trophies. Kurisu is one of the extra characters, so it was worth it to me.

Tothoro I get your point. I guess from my perspective I have enough games to play for the rest of my life so waiting a few months for a game is no big deal. I won’t buy digital so I will gladly pay a little more and wait for a physical copy if it’s a game I really want to play. On a different note, that everspace game looks pretty interesting. I rally wish PS4 had VR mode but it should still be fun either way. I’m not a fan of being forced to buy a soundtrack with it though.
Same here. At this point for me it's mostly a collection element (although I would play every single game I buy if I had the time to). Once Vita production ends I'm probably going to be buying a lot less, especially at MSRP/retail prices. My wallet gently weeps.

The biggest difference for Phantom Breaker is probably not the DLC, but rather the local co-op support. The Vita has never been big on local co-op or multiplayer, for obvious reasons. (needing multiple copies of the game and/or multiple Vitas, and the PSTV never having a strong multiplayer focus) As such, the PS4 version of Phantom Breaker is going to have better local multiplayer support. If nothing else, it is much easier to pair up 2-4 controllers on the PS4. I'm not sure the Vita can pair to more than one controller at a time, and I've never heard of the PSTV pairing to more than two at a time. (and it is very rare for Vita games to support local multiplayer on the software side, Nidhogg is one of the only games I've tried this way)

So the Vita version is largely going to be a single-player or ad-hoc multiplayer experience. (most likely with friends who get the digital copy) But the PS4 will support 4 Dualshocks right away. Given the nature and style of the game, it is easy to see why many might lean toward the PS4 version, and only be looking for the Vita version as a curiosity.

Late Shift has no limit for the number of copies you can buy, as opposed to the regular 2 (or 1) copy limit.  When is the last time they did that for a release right from the get-go?

Today was surprisingly smooth and easy. I really can't over state how much quicker things have gone since I switched to using my credit card vs paypal. I have my main one saved in Chrome/Google, which helps immensely. I'd say it takes about half the time vs using Paypal--makes me thankful that I was able to get the hotter items back when these mornings actually turned into a bloodbath. Haha

This doesn't surprise me too much as CEs don't really feel special when nearly every game they release has one. I personally went with the Vita CE and the PS4 standard version.
Yeah, I wanted to support this CE for the art book alone, as I've been requesting those for ages. Now, for the reason you gave, I've been passing on all CE pretty much since the start of 2018. Since I've already missed on on so many CE, even now having an art book seems to little to late at this point for me. I may still get a few before the US Vita production stops, but it will have to be for a game I have a HUGE interest in, and not just because it's a CE.

I agree, these CE used to go ASAP, as they where much more limited and didn't happen as often as they do now. For me personally, I stopped due to the overwhelming numbers of it all for sure, and I'm sure many others have as well.

I’m actually really surprised that more people aren’t going for the CE. I mean yeah it seems like everything gets the CE treatment but I thought this was a highly anticipated release plus the CE has a artbook, soundtrack, poster, trading cards and even a diorama. Seems like a pretty decent CE compared to some others that have been released.

Agree. I may go for the PS4 version of Breaker, but I honestly don't care as much. I do have the original with DLC on PC, but for co-op (which I rarely do), I'd choose that version.

I’m actually really surprised that more people aren’t going for the CE. I mean yeah it seems like everything gets the CE treatment but I thought this was a highly anticipated release plus the CE has a artbook, soundtrack, poster and even a diorama. Seems like a pretty decent CE compared to some others that have been released.
Between NS, PS4 & Vita, you just have to be rolling in dollars to buy all this stuff. And this is just LRG, I'm not counting Play-Asia or any of these other "limited" type places(who's stuff ranges from $30-$40). I mostly stopped the CE as one of those, gets me 2-3 standard releases, and since I normally hardly ever open CE's, I just said fuck it to it all. Plus, those Play-Asia options are often $32 with free shipping, and includes most of the extras I would want from an CE to begin with, and I'm not breaking the bank to do so.

I've said many times in the past, I never cared if LRG had 2 games a month, or 20, as I would only get what I wanted anyways. I think in that type of case, small limited runs would still sell, as you have so many different games across so many different genres that would still appeal to the proper end users. When it comes to CE, these by nature need to be much more limited in this environment due to the cost, and at some point, they just started to become way to many, way to often. But they all still seem to sell out at some point, so more power to all those involved, but I had to get off the crazy train awhile back. LOL

Between NS, PS4 & Vita, you just have to be rolling in dollars to buy all this stuff. And this is just LRG, I'm not counting Play-Asia or any of these other "limited" type places(who's stuff ranges from $30-$40). I mostly stopped the CE as one of those, gets me 2-3 standard releases, and since I normally hardly ever open CE's, I just said fuck it to it all. Plus, those Play-Asia options are often $32 with free shipping, and includes most of the extras I would want from an CE to begin with, and I'm not breaking the bank to do so.

I've said many times in the past, I never cared if LRG had 2 games a month, or 20, as I would only get what I wanted anyways. I think in that type of case, small limited runs would still sell, as you have so many different games across so many different genres that would still appeal to the proper end users. When it comes to CE, these by nature need to be much more limited in this environment due to the cost, and at some point, they just started to become way to many, way to often. But they all still seem to sell out at some point, so more power to all those involved, but I had to get off the crazy train awhile back. LOL
Yep, I fell the same way. A year ago I would've jumped all over that Phantom Breaker CE. It does have the two things I care about in a CE - an art book and a soundtrack. But, the number of games I have that I will probably never play is ridiculous and the number of CEs I have taking up space (many unopened) is out of control. Still, had they done without the fancy box, just included the art book and soundtrack for $40, I would've jumped. That may not have been feasable - I know they have stated why Play-Asia can get away with their pricing. Although if NIS America just includes an art book and CD, it can be $39.99 as well, depending on the MSRP of the included game.

Given the CE boxes we've seen lately, I do think LRG puts more value into those than I do. But, if they are always selling out I wouldn't change a thing if I were them.

Yep, I fell the same way. A year ago I would've jumped all over that Phantom Breaker CE. It does have the two things I care about in a CE - an art book and a soundtrack. But, the number of games I have that I will probably never play is ridiculous and the number of CEs I have taking up space (many unopened) is out of control. Still, had they done without the fancy box, just included the art book and soundtrack for $40, I would've jumped. That may not have been feasable - I know they have stated why Play-Asia can get away with their pricing. Although if NIS America just includes an art book and CD, it can be $39.99 as well, depending on the MSRP of the included game.

Given the CE boxes we've seen lately, I do think LRG puts more value into those than I do. But, if they are always selling out I wouldn't change a thing if I were them.
I have to say LRG does a nice job with CEs however this year it seems like almost every game gets one. That tactic really burnt me out on them (for example why did games like kingdom new lands and slime san get CEs). As I’ve always said though, I can’t blame them since they are selling out!

bread's done
Back