Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So I’m planning on waiting for Yooka Laylee to go up before ordering Dust. If I wait and order them together do I need to add a box when I checkout? Or do they ship in a box automatically because I ordered two games?

Also, freaking stoked for Shovel Knight Treasure Trove. I will definitely pick up a Switch copy when it releases.
My order with two Switch games (Merc Kings/Flinthook) shipped in a box, and I never ordered one. I haven't heard officially if that's how they're handling all of their Switch shipments, but it's a good sign.

My order with two Switch games (Merc Kings/Flinthook) shipped in a box, and I never ordered one. I haven't heard officially if that's how they're handling all of their Switch shipments, but it's a good sign.
That’s a good enough confirmation for me. I’ll go ahead and not add a box this time. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I have a feeling a lot of people will be skipping Yooka-Laylee because of the price. Heck, I picked up my XB1 copy on clearance from Target for $8.98 over 6 months ago. I think this will end up being their poorest selling Switch title to date (and that's probably why they gave it a month long preorder - they already know it).
Totally agree. Prior to the price going up I was looking at gameplay and reviews to see if I would order it with golf story. The price went up and I stopped. I love the physical carts, but at that price I'll just wait for a digital sale to give it a try.

Totally agree. Prior to the price going up I was looking at gameplay and reviews to see if I would order it with golf story. The price went up and I stopped. I love the physical carts, but at that price I'll just wait for a digital sale to give it a try.
When is Golf Story supposed to go up for preorder? Depending on when it is I might be able to order Dust, Yooka Laylee, and Golf Story all together.

When is Golf Story supposed to go up for preorder? Depending on when it is I might be able to order Dust, Yooka Laylee, and Golf Story all together.
On their main page scroll to the bottom of the website, and under quick links, click on upcoming releases. Then right at the top there is a link for their release calendar. Golf story goes up for preorder on Sept 28, and yooka laylee will still be available. Dust ends on the 14th. (link)

On their main page scroll to the bottom of the website, and under quick links, click on upcoming releases. Then right at the top there is a link for their release calendar. Golf story goes up for preorder on Sept 28, and yooka laylee will still be available. Dust ends on the 14th. (link)
Thank you for that bit of information. I never knew there was a link at the bottom of the front page for upcoming releases.

I won’t be able to order all three games together, but at least I can get two.

Just to throw another Yooka-Laylee opinion out there: I thought it was a drag to finish on PS4 and tried way too hard to be like the Banjo games, especially with the eye-rolling dialogue (stuff like "Great, now we have to earn all those shiny things lying around just so you can give us a useless reward, right?"). The first world felt much more fleshed-out than the others and the overworld was just annoying to traverse. $50 is far too high to pay for the game--$20 ($16 with GCU) is a much safer price-point.
I’ll pile on too. That overworked sucked, but the controls were even worse. You’ll fight those controls the whole game, especially the camera. That final boss was nearly impossible due to the difficulty of telling where you were in the 3D space relative to the projectiles coming at you.

Thank you for that bit of information. I never knew there was a link at the bottom of the front page for upcoming releases.

I won’t be able to order all three games together, but at least I can get two.
It's always been there, but only recently have they started actually putting dates to some of the games. For the longest time it was just a wish list, as most of what's been on it pretty much from the start(still with no dates for most).

Last edited by a moderator:
Senran Kagura sold another 17 copies over the last 24 hours.  56% ... 1649/4800 remain.

I didn't end up finding the time to play Dust last night on the PS4... so I think I'm just going to bow out from this sale.  If I can't find time to play the copy I have free from PS+ then I'm probably cooling off from the metroidvania genre.  I don't like how zoomed in it is anyway.  I should really refine what I love about metroivania and stick within that scope much like what I've done with RPG's.

I think I'll get Dust, but I am going to wait till next week to pre-order it. I like the open pre-orders LRG has been doing because it doesn't pray on my FOMO and I only buy games I actually want to play. I've only gotten Thimbleweed Park so far out of the Switch releases and actually just sold about 10 of my Vita LRG games.

I'm ready to hop off the LRG train honestly. Likely just getting Rabi-Rabi (if it ever comes out....not optimistic) and Golf Story. Unless they start putting out more VNs i'm likely out. It's a good feeling though. I'm likely selling a few of my LRG releases and 2/3 of my mystery Vita boxes. Never doing a blind box again.

Looks like the Dust CE will still sell out in minutes, so there's basically no pressure on them to improve the offerings or lower prices.

I'm definitely still in on the standard for Dust but I'm glad I have a month to decide on YL. I got it for $15 at launch as a backer and bounced off it, but I was looking forward to giving it another try on the Switch (where I'm much more likely to stick with a game). But that price, youch.

I decided to get the standard version of Dust and skip West of Loathing. Instead of buying WOL I got Lost Sphear from the Square-Enix store for $35 with shipping. Decent day for me.

Physical?
yooka-laylee-ps4-D_NQ_NP_981911-MLC26486163634_122017-F.jpg

It's been available at retail since 2017.

Dust doesn't have a physical PS4 release.

Seems West of Loathing will be left open until they reach that magic number that they already have to order.

Technically, they're supposed to close at 11:59pm EST tonight, so there are a few hours left.
LRG did make note that they will close a preorder early (it has already happened with a past switch game) if they get close to a number of preorders that will cause them to move into the next level of order requirements. For example if they get to 3990 preorders, and they can order either 4000 or 5000, they will close it so they don't go over (<-- made up example, but this is how they LRG explained it if I remember correctly)

LRG did make note that they will close a preorder early (it has already happened with a past switch game) if they get close to a number of preorders that will cause them to move into the next level of order requirements. For example if they get to 3990 preorders, and they can order either 4000 or 5000, they will close it so they don't go over (<-- made up example, but this is how they LRG explained it if I remember correctly)
They used to order 10% extra to cover damages and trade shows and stuff. Not sure if that's still the magic number but your example holds and it's why it's super important for anyone that wants West of Loathing to not put it off.

I decided to get the standard version of Dust and skip West of Loathing. Instead of buying WOL I got Lost Sphear from the Square-Enix store for $35 with shipping. Decent day for me.
Thanks for reminding about the Lost Sphere physical. Totally forgot about it!

Also, nabbed dust this morning, but due to my total lack of sleep, I purchased it while half asleep... During lunch I decided to check and saw that I ordered the CE instead of the regular. Oh well, I guess subconsciously I wanted the CE. Granted that plush is horrendous.

Wow still 7 left of the CE... Kind of a shame, really solid game but yeah, I could see just going vanilla on this one seeing as it's over double for the CE.

So is S&S and Iconoclasts the only tentative Vita title for September so far? Golf Story is supposed to release this month as well, but with pre-orders of 2-4 weeks(?), I should have no problems waiting on that one, and combining it with something else. I don't really buy new retail offerings this time of year, but I definitely have to buy gifts for others, so a small slowdown at this point is more than welcome.

So is S&S and Iconoclasts the only tentative Vita title for September so far? Golf Story is supposed to release this month as well, but with pre-orders of 2-4 weeks(?), I should have no problems waiting on that one, and combining it with something else. I don't really buy new retail offerings this time of year, but I definitely have to buy gifts for others, so a small slowdown at this point is more than welcome.
Yeah, I believe those are the only two Vita possibilities so far this month, but they always seem to throw out a stealth release with little warning so I wouldn't be surprised to see another one or two come from out of nowhere.

Yeah, I believe those are the only two Vita possibilities so far this month, but they always seem to throw out a stealth release with little warning so I wouldn't be surprised to see another one or two come from out of nowhere.
Yeah, I always anticipate the same, but with the Vita production finally ending in the US, lesser games each month will be a reality at some point, in spite of what LRG may or may not say or do. LOL

Yeah, I always anticipate the same, but with the Vita production finally ending in the US, lesser games each month will be a reality at some point, in spite of what LRG may or may not say or do. LOL
I'm glad its ending ,we'll finally see the end companies stop milking the vita fan base with overpriced shovel ware.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was under the impression that LRG still got more than 20 Vita releases waiting to be announced. I just hope they all arent shovelware/mobile ports

Got Hue in today, so I took a look at the production updates page to see what the status of my other orders was. I noticed several games previously slated for September shipping have had that date removed or pushed back.

Delays I noticed from what I'd ordered:

• Super Hydorah (Vita): early September -> "TBA"
  • Exile's End (Vita): late September -> "still in manufacturing" (no date listed)
  • Musynx (Vita): late August -> September 4th
There may be more I didn't pick up on as well. Not terribly surprised or upset by the development, just wanted to share with others who may be in the same boat.

Is Iconoclasts getting a Switch release too?
As stated, no announcement yet, as some of these PS4/Vita titles do get options by LRG for the NS(down the road), while some others don't. Since the NS fan base seems rather rabid at the moment, some developers opt for full retail releases, while some others go with a different "limited" offering, or just don't offer the game physical at all. Then you have something like Yooka-Laylee that got a full retail release for other systems, and now will have a limited one with LRG for the NS option.

I always figured it was a given that if LRG worked with a company, or offered the same title on a different system, it would be a given that they get first crack for any missing systems, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Yeah, it sucks for those who may want a title on a different system that hasn't been announced, as many get burned in that fashion. The best I can recommend is checking those developers social media spots, and look at the questions. As you'll always get someone asking if the Vita, NS, etc is happening, and you'll often get rather cryptic replies, but it does give you a better idea of what may happen in the future.

Yooka-Laylee delayed to Friday. CE to be revealed on Tuesday.
Damn, so is that going to be $100+ then? LOL

That's going to have to be one over the top CE, or the price is going to have to be in the normal range of $70. I was out at $50 for the standard, so no way I'll be looking at this one, but hopefully it will include a steel book to entice the collector crowd.

Damn, so is that going to be $100+ then? LOL

That's going to have to be one over the top CE, or the price is going to have to be in the normal range of $70. I was out at $50 for the standard, so no way I'll be looking at this one, but hopefully it will include a steel book to entice the collector crowd.
I can't believe they have to release a CE for everything! They really know how to drive something into the ground. I started out getting all the CEs but after a while it became too much. I'm sure other people will have a breaking point too and eventually will stop buying the CEs all the time. Heck, I think the Dust CE actually lasted a few hours in the 2nd batch. Before the Switch CEs used to sell out in minutes.

I can't believe they have to release a CE for everything! They really know how to drive something into the ground. I started out getting all the CEs but after a while it became too much. I'm sure other people will have a breaking point too and eventually will stop buying the CEs all the time. Heck, I think the Dust CE actually lasted a few hours in the 2nd batch. Before the Switch CEs used to sell out in minutes.
Yeah I agree that CE for everything is a bit much. Used to be nice to look forward to some good CEs every now and then but now it’s just mediocre CE one after the other. I will admit that I’ve bought a few recently and started regretting it. Also it didn’t used to be just Switch CEs to sell out quick but really all of them regardless of how good they were.

Yeah, I threw in the towel awhile back myself, with Thimbleweed Park being my only CE this year(if memory serves). I would have probably sold off my previous ones as well, but some of those are my only Vita copies of certain games, so I'm holding off until I can replace certain games with the standard copies. I'm still looking at a complete Vita set, so being this close to the end, I'm waiting to try for the complete set "exclusive", but I can for sure sell off my CE and just get the standards for a few(when time permits).

I feel sorry for anyone that is going to pay $50 for Yooka Laylee on Switch.
Meh, for those who want it physical, it's a solid buy, as I've paid much more for much less. LOL

If it was comparable to Banjo-Kazooie, I would have gladly paid the asking price. Sadly, most of the reviews and user feedback puts it closer to "Tooie", and I found that game beyond terrible. I only paid a few dollars for my son on Xbox live, and I still felt ripped off, so yeah, $50 was not in the works for me. But I still think they will do good numbers with it, as it's the only NS physical offering, and the game has always seemed the perfect fir for "N", so time will tell.

I feel sorry for anyone that is going to pay $50 for Yooka Laylee on Switch.
Can't say I feel sorry for those people they should know exactly what they're getting.

With the other versions being $20 or less at retail it's a pretty insane price. You can buy the Steam version off of Ebay for $5. Digital yes, but it's not like Yooka Laylee Is even a notch above mediocre and needs a physical release. The problem on consoles is that Yooka Laylee is 30fps and would of well benefitted from 60fps which the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X could easily do. Also would of been better with around 8 or 9 smaller worlds instead of the 6 sprawling ones. Not to mention the twitchy jumping and terrible animations. Bloodstained is the next shitshow.

bread's done
Back