Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
The Sega CD version of Snatcher is actually quite a good version. Of course, I realize you were most likely referring to the FMV games, which had notoriously bad/low quality video on the Sega CD. The compression just wasn't there at the time, and even if it had been, the Sega CD's limited hardware probably couldn't handle it.

Personally, I don't own a copy of Dragon's Lair, and always wanted one. I do hope they would be able to provide high-quality video for a physical release on a PS4 Blu-Ray disc. Those suckers can easily contain proper high-definition remasters of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. As a fan of classic animation, I would really like to get my hands on some high-definition Don Bluth games.
Hey. As I stated in an earlier post. I have the PS4 PSN version and it has compression issues. The HD editions are all are cropped 16:9 if I remember correctly as well. Just checked and PS4 versions can be played in 4:3 with an arcade border so not quite full screen. 16:9 crops and zooms and that's what gives it the blurry compressed look. Also has a permanent water mark even if you turn moves off. So Arcade is the way to go. For some reason it was made Unity of all things and has terrible unresponsive menus.

I own the Blu Ray for Dragon's Lair and Space Ace so maybe I can check them out for comparison. I even have the PS3 Trilogy and they have different hud and menus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this just the WiiU version of Axiom Verge?
This is kinda what I was thinking. From what I recall they were in negotiations several times with Thomas Happ to release the game on the other consoles and it never panned out. I recall Josh saying that in order to be profitable on Happ's terms they would have had to print far more copies than he believed would sell. I remember him being pretty upset. I could see Josh possibly giving in though and losing money on the project just to get the game into the hands of fans.

This is kinda what I was thinking. From what I recall they were in negotiations several times with Thomas Happ to release the game on the other consoles and it never panned out. I recall Josh saying that in order to be profitable on Happ's terms they would have had to print far more copies than he believed would sell. I remember him being pretty upset. I could see Josh possibly giving in though and losing money on the project just to get the game into the hands of fans.
Luckily he said there were 6,000 copies, so assuming it goes up it may not sell out immediately. Axiom Verge would be cool since I never bought the game to begin with. the only LRG Wii U game pushes that above the purchase threshold for me

Josh aka Doomstink has been pretty quiet when people have been saying that it's Axiom Verge. Josh will generally just come out and say "no", but that hasn't been the case here.

Layers of Fear is live now. Picked up a copy for the PS4. It's interesting to me that the game isn't listed as a pre-order like the Switch version, but there's no date provided for it to ship. I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but it's a little disheartening when even the publisher says, "We don't know when it'll come out, but it will!"

Just a heads up for anyone on the fence. The Narcosis collector's edition is at 3 left. Seems pretty cool, comes with a soundtrack and novel.

Looks like Layers of Fear is going to hold it's stock a while. It is kind of odd there's no estimate of any kind for delivery but a firm "No refunds for you" warning before purchasing. I guess this one must have been about to break the contract? If not, that's the laziest LRG has ever been about production. They need to burn through their contracts and get a bit better about these fixed print runs.

I finally received my Vita copy of Exile's End. Awesome game. Way underrated.
That's surprising, I thought overall it was pretty amateurish and borderline bad. But, glad you are enjoying it. Different strokes.

When cashing in the reward tickets, will LRG place the order for you? Ex: they are selling game A and B. I use the tickets to claim game A. Do I have to be online to try and add both games A and B to my cart, enter the promo code from the tickets, and enter my CC? Or does LRG customer support place the order? Thanks,

When cashing in the reward tickets, will LRG place the order for you? Ex: they are selling game A and B. I use the tickets to claim game A. Do I have to be online to try and add both games A and B to my cart, enter the promo code from the tickets, and enter my CC? Or does LRG customer support place the order? Thanks,
They will set aside a copy for you. You need to mail the tickets in before the sale date and everything is done by e-mail with customer service.

While discussing these rewards tickets, has there been any new information on possible exclusive items, etc? Or has anyone seen any word on the roll out for the trading card packs? Both of these where discussed in the past as happening, but since long ago, nothing else has been said. 

I have the 40 tickets and then some, but don't want to spend them for just the "$24.99" if something more desirable may be coming at some later point. I have also been waiting on the trading card packs, and awhile back Josh mentioned they needed to reach 100,000 cards produced or something, but he said they where close at the time, and then nothing more.

So just wondering if these are two things I should give up on, or is exclusive reward items still a thing, and are trading card packs still coming?

the way I did it was I mailed out tickets then I email them about using the reward tickets for an upcoming game they told me they would hold the game I wanted and if I wanted to pay for shipping or I could ad it to a future order which is what I did

They will set aside a copy for you. You need to mail the tickets in before the sale date and everything is done by e-mail with customer service.
Thanks...but what if I want to buy an additional game in addition to the “free” one. Will they set aside my whole order or do I still need to be online to manually add the game I am buying? Or can I just tell them when I cash in the tickets and they place the whole order for me?

Thanks...but what if I want to buy an additional game in addition to the “free” one. Will they set aside my whole order or do I still need to be online to manually add the game I am buying? Or can I just tell them when I cash in the tickets and they place the whole order for me?
No, you will have to order the second game manually. You can ask them to ship both games together though to save on shipping.

Oh what memories. Was cleaning out the man cave and found a box in the darkest corner. A mysterious unmarked cardboard box surprise!!! I open it up and it’s... law breakers CE.

Put it right back in the dark, dusty corner.

In b4 "wth I was going to order it later tonight but it's closed now and I missed out, LRG is BS"

ICYMI, Yooka-Laylee is not a good game so order if you actually like it or need it for your complete set mangs.

ICYMI, Yooka-Laylee is not a good game so order if you actually like it or need it for your complete set mangs.
Sure it is. It's a bit retro and some aspects maybe feel a bit dated, but it's a spiritual successor to the Banjo-Kazooie series made by some members of the team that worked on that series at Rare. It's actually a lot of fun if you were into those N64-era collectable-heavy platformers at all.

Sure it is. It's a bit retro and some aspects maybe feel a bit dated, but it's a spiritual successor to the Banjo-Kazooie series made by some members of the team that worked on that series at Rare. It's actually a lot of fun if you were into those N64-era collectable-heavy platformers at all.
Eh, I LOVED the original Banjo games and the best I can muster is a meh for Yooka. The controls are pretty bad and the open world layout is kinda wonky.

I honestly don't understand the hate for Yooka-Laylee. While it is not as good as the 3D platformers of old, it still comes off as a competent love letter to them. It was also brilliant to play a game like this at a crisp, high resolution and 60 FPS--console versions feel significantly worse and less polished due to the 30 FPS, unfortunately. 

I honestly don't understand the hate for Yooka-Laylee. While it is not as good as the 3D platformers of old, it still comes off as a competent love letter to them. It was also brilliant to play a game like this at a crisp, high resolution and 60 FPS--console versions feel significantly worse and less polished due to the 30 FPS, unfortunately.
The 64-bit era games have aged poorly in general, especially the collect-a-thons. I agree that it's a good love-letter, there's probably a reason those types of games are better left in the past. But for those that still love that genre, it's great to see a fitting homage.

While discussing these rewards tickets, has there been any new information on possible exclusive items, etc? Or has anyone seen any word on the roll out for the trading card packs? Both of these where discussed in the past as happening, but since long ago, nothing else has been said.

I have the 40 tickets and then some, but don't want to spend them for just the "$24.99" if something more desirable may be coming at some later point. I have also been waiting on the trading card packs, and awhile back Josh mentioned they needed to reach 100,000 cards produced or something, but he said they where close at the time, and then nothing more.

So just wondering if these are two things I should give up on, or is exclusive reward items still a thing, and are trading card packs still coming?
I too don't know if I should cash in my tickets.

I have emailed the 'help desk' about the rewards program a couple of times. As of April, the response I got is that there are no plans for 'better' rewards than the 'free game'/$24.99 coupon and that trading cards should be available in a few of months but no tentative date has been set. Other than that, all current rewards listed are available (duh). Also, the $24.99 can not be used towards promo items like the TJ&E case, but (PAX) variants are ok.

I still hold out hope that a revamp/update of the rewards offerings is on the horizon...

I too don't know if I should cash in my tickets.

I have emailed the 'help desk' about the rewards program a couple of times. As of April, the response I got is that there are no plans for 'better' rewards than the 'free game'/$24.99 coupon and that trading cards should be available in a few of months but no tentative date has been set. Other than that, all current rewards listed are available (duh). Also, the $24.99 can not be used towards promo items like the TJ&E case, but (PAX) variants are ok.

I still hold out hope that a revamp/update of the rewards offerings is on the horizon...
Eye wood. They’re going out of business soon ‍♂

***runs***

I think there are a few reasons. The early reviews weren't great, and even though the game has been updated and improved since then it's still hard to fix a bad first impression.

The hype for it got out of control, too. People's nostalgia for old 3D platformers took over, and made them forget how Banjo, DK64, Spyro, Conker, and other games like them actually play. They're slow-paced, methodical, sprawling collectathons, and they always have been. But somehow, YL still got hate for being a slow-paced, methodical, sprawling collectathon...which just shows that way too many people didn't know what they were getting into. Those people's misplaced disappointment drowned out the fans who have liked the genre all along, and subsequently appreciated YL for what it actually is.

As for me, I never really liked Banjo or DK64 much to begin with so I've just stayed away from Yooka Laylee, but I might have given it a try if the LRG release was only $30. At $50 I passed on it, and I'm sure the same thing happened to a few other people, too.

All that said, it probably still sold well anyway!

Finally received my Tribute Treasure box over the weekend and that is a nice collectors edition.

It is the only one I have ever bought from limited run and I am happy with it and the contents.

The steel book is really nice and the two soundtracks are great.
I have played both games on PS4 in the past so I really happy with the Switch releases.

The only reason I bought this was because I like tribute games and two games in one collectors edition seemed like neat concept.

I just went to put a preorder on golf story and noticed that LRG is now charging me tax on the order. Anybody know when they started charging tax? I live in Pennsylvania btw.

I think there are a few reasons. The early reviews weren't great, and even though the game has been updated and improved since then it's still hard to fix a bad first impression.

The hype for it got out of control, too. People's nostalgia for old 3D platformers took over, and made them forget how Banjo, DK64, Spyro, Conker, and other games like them actually play. They're slow-paced, methodical, sprawling collectathons, and they always have been. But somehow, YL still got hate for being a slow-paced, methodical, sprawling collectathon...which just shows that way too many people didn't know what they were getting into. Those people's misplaced disappointment drowned out the fans who have liked the genre all along, and subsequently appreciated YL for what it actually is.

As for me, I never really liked Banjo or DK64 much to begin with so I've just stayed away from Yooka Laylee, but I might have given it a try if the LRG release was only $30. At $50 I passed on it, and I'm sure the same thing happened to a few other people, too.

All that said, it probably still sold well anyway!
While what you say is true, having played both Banjo and Yooka in the past couple of years I’d have to say the former controls much better than the latter (the final boss fight in Yooka is made so much harder by the difficulty in determining your location in 3D space compared to the bullets coming at you while you’re flying) and both the open-world and individual level layouts are better in Banjo.

Layers of Fear (PS4) is down to 47%... or 1175 copies. So that's around 75 copies sold since Saturday.
Layers of Fear (PS4) is down to 46%... or 1143 copies. 32 Sold in 24hours. Approximately 28.6% of the 4000 print run are currently unsold not counting the games being held for retail, trade shows, promos, and replacements.

The news on the site says Broken Age (Switch) this Friday. Is there anything else?

Layers of Fear (PS4) is down to 46%... or 1143 copies. 32 Sold in 24hours. Approximately 28.6% of the 4000 print run are currently unsold not counting the games being held for retail, trade shows, promos, and replacements.

The news on the site says Broken Age (Switch) this Friday. Is there anything else?
It's been a while since I have ordered an LRG game. I think Thimbleweed Park is the last one I bought, either that or Ace of Seafood. I never cared for Layers of Fear when I played it in the past, but Broken Age is a game I have somehow not gotten around to playing yet and I'd be more inclined to play it on Switch so I may have to order a copy of that. On a side note, I would love a physical copy of The Messenger!

I have 2 quests regarding the Tribute Treasure boxes. Has anyone had problems redeeming My Nintendo reward points for Flinthook?  I was successful redeeming them for Mercenary Kings. 

My other question was I noticed on the cart of Mercenary Kings the ESRB rating is E10+ while it should be teen. Is this a misprint or should it be E10+? 

It's been a while since I have ordered an LRG game. I think Thimbleweed Park is the last one I bought, either that or Ace of Seafood. I never cared for Layers of Fear when I played it in the past, but Broken Age is a game I have somehow not gotten around to playing yet and I'd be more inclined to play it on Switch so I may have to order a copy of that. On a side note, I would love a physical copy of The Messenger!
Special Reserves hinted they will be doing The Messenger.

Layers of Fear (PS4) is at 46%... or 1128 copies. 15 Sold in 24hours. I figure it'll be the same tomorrow but with friday's release they will have a bunch of them sell much like Senran Kagura.

I just got an update from the Mages of Mystralia ps4 kickstarter the game is coming out October 19th on LRG site 

Layers of Fear (PS4) is at 46%... or 1128 copies. 15 Sold in 24hours. I figure it'll be the same tomorrow but with friday's release they will have a bunch of them sell much like Senran Kagura.
Layers of Fear (PS4) is at 45%... or 1112 copies. 16 Sold in the last 24hours. It's tracking as expected. Tomorrow it'll be interesting seeing what the number is that morning before the sale and after the first hour of the sale. I may follow it just to see. This market is kind of interesting as it's own minigame.

lol there is 9 copies left of Narcosis
6 copies of Narcosis left as of this moment. Unless it gets buried in tomorrows sale, I think it'll sell out. I'm actually pretty amazed LRG didn't just pull the copies so they could claim it sold out. Kudos to them.

I am a little surprised by how long Layers of Fear for the PS4 is hanging around. I opted for the PS4 copy for my order, and didn't bother with the Switch release. While I can certainly recognize the appeal of the Switch version, the style of game fits better for the PS4 for me. Atmosphere is everything in a horror game. So having a version that runs smoother with more rendering power, and especially with a capable surround-sound system connected is what I am looking for. While the Switch version offers portability, I prefer not to take my horror experiences on the go.

Its just a matter of personal preference though.

I am a little surprised by how long Layers of Fear for the PS4 is hanging around. I opted for the PS4 copy for my order, and didn't bother with the Switch release. While I can certainly recognize the appeal of the Switch version, the style of game fits better for the PS4 for me. Atmosphere is everything in a horror game. So having a version that runs smoother with more rendering power, and especially with a capable surround-sound system connected is what I am looking for. While the Switch version offers portability, I prefer not to take my horror experiences on the go.

Its just a matter of personal preference though.
I agree. There are some types of games that have some pretty big pros/cons for handheld vs proper home theater setup. My 65 inch TV and 5.2.2 surround sound setup is going to give me a much, much more immersive horror experience than the Switch can in portable mode. And if I just want that more immersive experience, then there's no reason to choose the Switch in docked mode with inferior graphics and frame rate.

Yes! I finally received confirmation of Super Hydorah Vita shipping. I ordered the standard edition.

Now I just need Cosmic Star Heroine.

bread's done
Back