Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Is there a list of the switch games that will be released via bestbuy as well?

I still have GCU and would like to use it if possible to save a few dollars...

I got my standard copy of phantom breaker PS4 in with my copy of Bastion PS4 a little over a week ago so hopefully they are on the way to you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Final fantasy Vll is a big game for them, exclusive to PS4, and falls in the price range. Just a guess of course
Who is the biggest publisher that has licensed to them so far? Sega? If a guess is from Square-Enix/Sony/Microsoft, I'd say it's not happening.

And Final Fantasy VII????? They are going to start selling a game on Friday that doesn't even have a release date (and is already supposedly getting a physical release)? Or are you talking about them putting the emulated game on a PS4 compatible disc?

My guess is Grand Theft Auto VI. Nobody can say that would not be HUGE for LRG.

And Final Fantasy VII????? They are going to start selling a game on Friday that doesn't even have a release date (and is already supposedly getting a physical release)? Or are you talking about them putting the emulated game on a PS4 compatible disc?
No one is talking about Final Fantasy VII Remake or we'd be saying "Final Fantasy VII Remake". Everyone is talking about the game on PSN that retails for just over $15 because it comes close to fitting in the pricing structure for a $25 LRG release.

Teased game reveals are almost always anticlimactic disappointments.   This is shaping up to be a big one.

Last time I was able to figure out that one of them was Bastion.  This time, it likely being a Sony game...I have no idea.    It could be something weird like Spyro or Fat Princess.   But Infamous First Light seems like a really good guess to me. 

Just got a production update email from LRG.

Plenty of updates in there, but one nugget I found especially interesting is that they have Mages of Mystralia in hand, but under "What has been ordered" is the Mages of Mystralia Kickstarter Edition. That's some serious bullshit. I'd be pissed if I had helped back this game and I had to wait while others got their orders delivered. Very reminiscent of Ouya.

I really hope this doesn't happen to Battle Princess Madelyn (which I did back) whenever it goes on sale on LRG. I better get my copy at the same time if not before non-backers!
That's typical kickstarter fashion for games. I backed the Friday 13th kickstarter and the physical copy was on store shelves for two month before I got my kickstarter copy.

That's typical kickstarter fashion for games. I backed the Friday 13th kickstarter and the physical copy was on store shelves for two month before I got my kickstarter copy.
Yep. I have backed over 100 Kickstarter video game projects and the only one that had a publishing deal that actually got me my backer physical reward before the retail release was We Happy Few. Every single other one has been weeks or months after retail.

I got my standard copy of phantom breaker PS4 in with my copy of Bastion PS4 a little over a week ago so hopefully they are on the way to you soon!
Nice! I’m still waiting on a shipping confirmation for my Phantom Breaker PS4. Hopefully it’s not too much longer.

I wish it was MN9. Still waiting for my Vita copy...

However, It can’t be MN9 though since it already has had a PS4 physical release. My guess is it’s one of the following: Rogue Legacy, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Super Meatboy, Titan Souls, A Boy and his Blob, Litchtspeer, or The Deer God.

Of that list I would guess it’s Super Meatboy. Easily the most well known game in that group. It’s also old enough to have been signed a long time ago, it’s fairly cheap, I could see there being a SMB Statue or a Plushie along with an art book for a CE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I have backed over 100 Kickstarter video game projects and the only one that had a publishing deal that actually got me my backer physical reward before the retail release was We Happy Few. Every single other one has been weeks or months after retail.
I know it's "the norm". That doesn't make it okay.

No one is talking about Final Fantasy VII Remake or we'd be saying "Final Fantasy VII Remake". Everyone is talking about the game on PSN that retails for just over $15 because it comes close to fitting in the pricing structure for a $25 LRG release.
That makes even less sense. I originally was assuming someone was talking about an old PS1 game being slapped on to a PS4 disc, but I just couldn't imagine someone would seriously think that would be happening.

That makes even less sense. I originally was assuming someone was talking about an old PS1 game being slapped on to a PS4 disc, but I just couldn't imagine someone would seriously think that would be happening.
The ps1 version got an hd port on psn, I’m referring to that version.

SE like selling their own shit and making money. They've had exclusive games, CEs, artbooks, etc on their online store. I'm sure that they will not be teaming up with LRG, no matter how much we want to see things like a physical release of SO 4 or the The Last Remnant for PS4. 

Last time I was able to figure out that one of them was Bastion. This time, it likely being a Sony game...I have no idea. It could be something weird like Spyro or Fat Princess. But Infamous First Light seems like a really good guess to me.
This is what I must be missing - where is this Sony stuff coming from? Did LRG say something that is making people think it is "likely a Sony game"?

SE like selling their own shit and making money. They've had exclusive games, CEs, artbooks, etc on their online store. I'm sure that they will not be teaming up with LRG, no matter how much we want to see things like a physical release of SO 4 or the The Last Remnant for PS4.
yeah, I hate all the SE Store exclusives :\, pay when ship has spoiled

Sneaky bastards. Right after they put Detroit on sale for Black Friday they turn around and do this.

Was I supposed to have received my CE of Pixeljunk Monsters 2 yet?  Seems like I bought it a LONG time ago.  I knew it was delayed but this is really pushing it.  I can't find a recent statement from LRG on the release.

I logged in and it says my order is "Unfulfilled"

Sorry I should have been more specific...

Any switch games (besides Golf Story and Yooka-Laylee) that LRG has plans to distribute through Best Buy?

Was I supposed to have received my CE of Pixeljunk Monsters 2 yet? Seems like I bought it a LONG time ago. I knew it was delayed but this is really pushing it. I can't find a recent statement from LRG on the release.

Nope, I don't think that's even close to be sending out yet.

Was I supposed to have received my CE of Pixeljunk Monsters 2 yet? Seems like I bought it a LONG time ago. I knew it was delayed but this is really pushing it. I can't find a recent statement from LRG on the release.

https://www.limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

It looks like they're currently targeting January.

Sorry I should have been more specific...

Any switch games (besides Golf Story and Yooka-Laylee) that LRG has plans to distribute through Best Buy?
They mentioned on Twitter that BB was getting Battle Chef. Haven't been watching closely enough over the past few weeks to know if they said anything about Shantae or CSH, but it seems like they're offering every Switch release to BB.

Did LRG say that SK Bon Appetit Full Course would not be PSTV compatible? The US standard and Asian versions are both compatible. Just found out it wasn't compatible when I tried to play it this afternoon...
Ah that really sucks, i have the jp version and it works no problem on pstv.
I've heard the digital usa version didn't work with pstv initially but than was patched to work with it.
Did you check if an update was available?
Kinda sucks how they've not been clear with pstv compatability recently.
Found out rabi ribi wasn't pstv compatible either after order.

That Shantae CE..... LRG and I are just not on the same page, even though I'm at least debating this one just because it's Shantae.  

I guess people really are into these replica cartridges.  But, a GBC replica box and cart for a game that was never released on the GBC?   I get the original was and that's what they are going for, but still...  

3 art cards - 2 of which reproduce the image on the CE box and one side of the poster.  They couldn't even use unique images!  

Maybe I'll just get that soundtrack off of Ebay - I see someone recently sold the LRG Shantae soundtracks plus the Half-Genie Hero CD for $20.50 (for all 4 together).

Yeah, I’m still considering Shantae too, but seems like a lazy CE. Maybe I’ll get the standard instead....or neither. Already have the game on 3ds....

....or neither. Already have the game on 3ds....
I have the the original Shantae, Risky's Revenge, and Pirate's Curse on my N3DS-XL already in digital form. I bought Pirate's Curse physically as well for the 3DS. I think I'm content letting that be my platform for the first 3 games and keep 1/2 Genie Hero as my first Shantae game for the Switch.

I'm going to try for the CE, but, won't be upset if I am not able to get a copy.  I'm not too terribly thrilled with the CE contents either.

I have the the original Shantae, Risky's Revenge, and Pirate's Curse on my N3DS-XL already in digital form. I bought Pirate's Curse physically as well for the 3DS. I think I'm content letting that be my platform for the first 3 games and keep 1/2 Genie Hero as my first Shantae game for the Switch.
This is exactly what's been going through my head since the latest Shantae announcement. I already have the 3DS physical version as well, plus 1/2 Genie Hero is still sitting in my backlog, and now I have Monster Boy in my Switch to get my 2D action-adventure fix. I'm happy to see Pirate's Curse get a physical Switch cart, but I'm not sure if I'll be throwing down another $35 to own it yet again.

The nice thing about LRG's Switch games is that I have two weeks to decide, and I can wait to see what else is coming on the 21st.

I just noticed I was charged tax on shipping and was taxed in a county I do not live in on LRG. Opened a support ticket, figured I'd let everyone here know if they wanted to check their orders as well.

Speculation on various forums is that it's the PS4 version of Katamari Reroll which fits since the Switch version releases tomorrow and there was a PS4 version in development.

Speculation on various forums is that it's the PS4 version of Katamari Reroll which fits since the Switch version releases tomorrow and there was a PS4 version in development.
Isn't this supposed to be the most hype LRG release? That would be almost boring, in my opinion.

Isn't this supposed to be the most hype LRG release? That would be almost boring, in my opinion.
I disagree. It's a prominent title from a major developer/publisher and it's going to be the only way to get the game physically on a current Sony platform. If the speculation turns out to be true, that would be amazing for LRG and for fans of the game. I also believe it will be the first US release of any kind of CE for that particular series.

bread's done
Back