Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Speculation on various forums is that it's the PS4 version of Katamari Reroll which fits since the Switch version releases tomorrow and there was a PS4 version in development.
If it's Katamari LRG needs their "hype" pass revoked, as I think the NF reveal for Night Trap was better than this, and that was lackluster. LOL

I disagree. It's a prominent title from a major developer/publisher and it's going to be the only way to get the game physically on a current Sony platform. If the speculation turns out to be true, that would be amazing for LRG and for fans of the game. I also believe it will be the first US release of any kind of CE for that particular series.
I'm a fan of the game but I can get it on the Switch. That makes it pretty yawn inducing, in terms of a release. It's cool that it's on PS4, physically, but for something that's supposed to be big... I just expected something more exciting.

Hmmm... there goes my Castlevania guess.

Beloved PS2 game... wonder what it could be.
Gitaroo Man it is...... :beer:

or was it Sky Gunner........ :beer:

or was it Urban Reign..... :beer:

or was it Blood Will Tell..... :beer:

or was it Maximo..... :beer:

or was it The Red Star :beer:

or was it Growlanser Generations....

***dies from dreaming too much and misses announcement***

Last edited by a moderator:
When I heard PS2 the first thing I thought of was Katamari. It wouldn't be something I'm interested in, but it's probably wise to take LRG's hype with a grain of salt. It's simple marketing. Not that they shouldn't be excited about a Katamari release, it's big for them, but to hype it publicly is merely to get people interested and on their site ready to make a purchase. So it wouldn't surprise me if it was something that wasn't as exciting as expected.

I'm a fan of the game but I can get it on the Switch. That makes it pretty yawn inducing, in terms of a release. It's cool that it's on PS4, physically, but for something that's supposed to be big... I just expected something more exciting.
Yeah, I agree, as there's nothing wrong in general, and I'm happy LRG may have gotten a higher level partner for future releases, but Katamari has always been a niche title at best. Just not a big name game in my mind, but I would say a big name deal if that makes the situation better.

Of course it may not be this of course, but if it is, so be it I guess, as I had no plans to buy it no matter what the title, but if it would have been a "big" game by my own standards, I may have grabbed a copy for later play.

I'd be super hyped if it was Katamari for ps4.  I held off preordering it for Switch since I was hoping it would be announced for ps4 - I literally finally caved yesterday lol.  It honestly would make a lot of sense too.  They mentioned it was a pretty big deal publisher that would open doors for the future, but not the craziest game from them.  The CE mentions a soundtrack with demos and unreleased tracks, and Katamari has all those music tracks.

But honestly, even if it were any of the ps2 games that are currently on ps4 digital, I would get super hyped.  Plus, there are tons of other awesome ps2 games I'd love to see get announced with a physical copy, even if it was just through the PS2 on PS4 program.  I will spend the night pipedreaming that it will be Persona 3 ported to PS2 on PS4 with trophies.  

Even more validation with the image of a DualShock 4 in the Switch version demo:

https://twitter.com/itssimontime/status/1065602306849202176/photo/1

Bah, LRG should focus on games that are either difficult or impossible to acquire physically.  Just the fact that it's a PS2 game is depressing, even if it's Katamari Damacy, which is my favorite game on the PS2 (I just bought some of the recent (timed) Fangamer swag). 

It would have been perfect if it remained a Switch exclusive w/ HD Rumble and let the PlayStation version rest in peace on PS2.  I was hoping Sonic 4 before all this PS2-re-release nonsense hit.

Speculation on various forums is that it's the PS4 version of Katamari Reroll which fits since the Switch version releases tomorrow and there was a PS4 version in development.
No way that's going to be as cheap as $25 though.

I'm still banking on Harvest Moon, like I said before.

Remember Katamari Damacy only cost $19.99 when it came out on PS2, and it's $29.99 on Switch, which is consistent with the +$5 Switch markup.

Remember Katamari Damacy only cost $19.99 when it came out on PS2, and it's $29.99 on Switch, which is consistent with the +$5 Switch markup.
The LRG bump is $15, so I’m curious if this is 9.99 psn game. Really hoping it’s not that, but it does make sense. Shame it’s a ps2 game

I love the Katamari games but honestly that's one I think I'd prefer to play on switch than on PS4 sooo... Still a big hit for them if true so good for them.

Other note: got my Senran Kagura bon appetit today. Pretty cool. Excited to give it a try, but especially glad to add it to my Vita Senran Kagura collection and to add the trading card to my card collection

It better not be Katamari, what a waste. I hope its a side scroller, RPG, shmup (ya rite) or adventure game.

Ok I have to ask what’s up with the LRG Rewards? Is this something new or have I been overlooking this? Went to look on their site to see what’s available tomorrow and just noticed the little black box that says something about earning rewards. I got 5 from visiting the site.

I see no one looked at the obvious. :wave: :cool:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

There's only 54 choices on that list, should be pretty easy to narrow down logically.

6 stuck out to me, but the one that seems too obvious is Psychonauts, since LRG has a relationship with Double Fine that makes the most sense to me, the team is only 65 people, but I think they're including extra staff who worked on the remaster as well as Sony partners in that 500 they're reserving for "the team"

Totally my conjecture, but makes sense to me.

Ok I have to ask what’s up with the LRG Rewards? Is this something new or have I been overlooking this? Went to look on their site to see what’s available tomorrow and just noticed the little black box that says something about earning rewards. I got 5 from visiting the site.
maybe it's something to replace the worthless ticket system? Still really wish they retroactively were awarding these things

I just noticed I was charged tax on shipping and was taxed in a county I do not live in on LRG. Opened a support ticket, figured I'd let everyone here know if they wanted to check their orders as well.
This has been an ongoing issue. I've posted about it before. I think it started around November 1st. I've now had 4 orders partially refunded for incorrect tax. The sad thing is they know about the issue, but each individual person has to actually open tickets to get your rightful refund. If you don't open a ticket, I'm not sure LRG will ever refund this money back.

This is an interesting but welcome development. It's so much easier to track rewards digitally than having to send in physical reward tickets. that said, I have over 80 tickets and would definitely welcome a way to convert those outstanding tickets into the new reward system.

There's only 54 choices on that list, should be pretty easy to narrow down logically.

6 stuck out to me, but the one that seems too obvious is Psychonauts, since LRG has a relationship with Double Fine that makes the most sense to me, the team is only 65 people, but I think they're including extra staff who worked on the remaster as well as Sony partners in that 500 they're reserving for "the team"

I'm personally hoping for Dark Cloud, and it would be just over the 3 year anniversary when it came out on PS4. I still think it will be Katamari Reroll as it just makes too much sense.

If all we have to choose from is that list of PS2 games, I'm going to be in the minority and hope for Code Veronica X. Having the entire collection physically on the PS4 would be awesome! Still wish it was a port of the PS3/360 version though.

Psychonauts makes the most sense to me too. it's the right amount of underwhelm for the typical overhyped LRG release mixed with a 5000 standard print run with a limit of 2. The Psychonauts 2 announcement last night helps lock it in.

Is there going to be an afternoon release like all the other games had? I am about to go to work and can't buy anything right now.
I would guess so, but then I couldn't specifically find anywhere that it says they will for the mystery game. The other games it's clearly stated they will be around for the 6pm batch.

Psychonauts makes the most sense to me too. it's the right amount of underwhelm for the typical overhyped LRG release mixed with a 5000 standard print run with a limit of 2. The Psychonauts 2 announcement last night helps lock it in.
F that, not buying it. Seriously disappointed it true.

A mystery game, ok, but a collectors edition of a game we have to make a split second decision of, that's just really annoys me. Does LRG gain enough hype with these tactics? Rhetorical maybe, because they keep doing it, but this can't be the best way to hype a release. 

edit: I just saw all sales are final on the mystery release too. The fuck LRG?!

Don't forget to use your Golf Story discount code today if you still have it.  It expires next week and I'm not sure there are releases next week.

So... my narrowed list down to the other to Jak & Daxter games was pretty damned close (Edit: or spot on since they are also releasing those games).  This actually lines up with what they were saying about it being a very well known franchise.   I'm not at all interested, but props to LRG for the get.

I mean, that's cool and all, but Jak and Daxter already has multiple physical releases. I can buy the collection for PS3 for like $15 and the Vita port for ~$30. I'm not going to buy 1/3 games for $30.

Also, I can't seem to find anywhere it's officially announced,so it looks like they may sell it without revealing it. Little bit of a train wreck going on.

Well, considering Vita releases will stop soon and I have no real desire to have any of the Switch and PS4 games physically, pending the WiiU game I'm probably done with LRG. Of course, that's when they launch their new rewards system.

bread's done
Back