Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
As a rule, no, all sales are final. If you send them an email via their help desk website and explain the situation (and that it will clearly be the one and only time) then you might get lucky, but I would not count on it.
Yeah, that's about how I've always known the situation to be, as asking and getting lucky is the best bet. He could also do a Paypal claim, if that's how it was paid, but that may lead to being blackballed, but if no future purchases are planned, that may be an option. They do clearly state all sales are final, and with "unknown" as a release date, there's not much room to complain, but that's up to each buyer I suppose.

My last 2 boxed games from LRG (Bon Appetit and Galf) arrived with crushed boxes thanks to so much freaking wadded paper being stuffed into the box along with other games.  3 weeks for the first replacement to ship (I understand the holidays impact this).  I'm done rolling the dice on any kind of limited editions.  Also, the order I received today is missing a game.   Longer and longer waits, more problems.  Growing pains I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are all Switch preorder games being sold by best buy now?

Will best buy sell DANMAKU UNLIMITED 3?

thanks
no. The Switch games that are going to be sold by Best Buy will be shown on the item description

Celeste is the latest one. So if you want Danmaku, buy it now

LRG recently announced they will be selling a new PSVR game this Wednesday 1/9: Neonwall.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1081596229744766976

Limited Run Games likes to release digital games on disc that have all patches and content on said disc...unless they can release an edition at launch, then, nevermind.

https://twitter.com/toejamandearl/status/1081805557101719552
This is my most anticipated release for 2019 (so far). Since the LRG version won't be available for months following the sale, I'll probably get the digital version at launch. I'm hoping for a nice CE, but any physical would do.

I just hope "near launch" means that we'll get a chance to see what the game's actually like first. I have no problem shelling out for physical games, but I'm not in the habit of preordering games that I have no information about and that I can't return or cancel later.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1082328553918787584
spchlss.gif

Proteus? Wow. Glad they're spending some of the last remaining carts on a gem like that.

And just think, if they had other publishers carts, they could print 40,000 copies of Proteus!

They need money to take care of the shit they're supposed to be shipping now. Of course they're going to try to gain some capital now by selling more stuff that won't be manufactured for another 6 months.
I really hope they're not running into cash flow issues like that, but who knows? They're a private company, after all.

Proteus is Free game or $2-$5 game and LRG can sell it for $25 plus Shipping.  WHY NOT? Spend less and making more $$$$$.  I don't like minecraft but i will get Minecraft over this Proteus JUNK.

You know any other month I would get Tacoma, but not in the same month as 2 of my favorite 2018 games (Celeste and Iconoclasts).

Proteus actually seems to have decent review scores, but it just seems so bizarre.  Plus it came out in 2013.  We've gone this long without a physical version and I didn't see anyone complaining about that.

Don't forget, LRG wants to reward everyone with a complete Vita LRG collection with a unique free game at the end.  I wonder how many people are going to give up on that with Proteus.

Proteus will sell out and you'll continue to see ebay scalpers selling it for $60+ and people buying.

Business as usual.

Guess what ?

You'll get your shit eventually. :beer:

They need money to take care of the shit they're supposed to be shipping now. Of course they're going to try to gain some capital now by selling more stuff that won't be manufactured for another 6 months.
Does anyone know when the NSW Saturday Morning RPG & Pixel Junk Monsters 2 are releasing? These 2 'pre-orders' have held my other 2 games up (Antiquia Lost & Cosmic Star Heroine for PS4) since May... :whistle2:|

Does anyone know when the NSW Saturday Morning RPG & Pixel Junk Monsters 2 are releasing? These 2 'pre-orders' have held my other 2 games up (Antiquia Lost & Cosmic Star Heroine for PS4) since May... :whistle2:|
Saturday Morning RPG on the Switch was released and shipped out months ago, so that shouldn't hold anything up. Pixel Junk Monsters 2 however has been delayed for many months due to waiting on a final build. Their current production update lists that they expect to start shipping in late January. Realistically, you probably won't have your order shipped out until sometime in February.

Pixel Junk Monsters 2 is holding up my copy of Switch Saturday Morning RPG, as well. I thought they mentioned something about shipping out the other games on orders being held up by PJM2?

Pixel Junk Monsters 2 is holding up my copy of Switch Saturday Morning RPG, as well. I thought they mentioned something about shipping out the other games on orders being held up by PJM2?
They did, but you had to open a support ticket to get them to do that. Now that PJM2 is closer and their support desk is backed up, you're just as well waiting it out. :\

Proteus actually seems to have decent review scores, but it just seems so bizarre. Plus it came out in 2013. We've gone this long without a physical version and I didn't see anyone complaining about that.

Don't forget, LRG wants to reward everyone with a complete Vita LRG collection with a unique free game at the end. I wonder how many people are going to give up on that with Proteus.
Yeah, I got Proteus pretty cheap on PSN ages ago, and I bought it at the time due to the mostly positive reviews. I put it on for a rather short time awhile back, and didn't like or dislike what I experienced. The reviews stated how it wasn't for everyone, but I found it unique, so in that regard I supported the title.

Now, on the flip side of that, this game if it was gonna be offered should have been years ago, and the qty's here should have been used for much more requested titles. I think 1000 should have been tops for this, as I don't mind any item getting it's shot at physical, but the qty's for this seem way overboard. Especially during a period of rationing by Sony, as a few hundred here, and few hundred there, could make or break another title being offered.

The same reason I bought this on PSN, is also the reason I'll probably buy this, as it's something unique, and it looks interesting. I did throw in the towel in my Vita run with Mecho Tales, as that seemed garbage and then some. But that was my only pass, as I had a genuine interest in all other offerings. Sadly, I did go back and buy that title after the "special" game was announced for complete collections, as I figured it was a good chance I would have a full set minus that one game, so why not get a free game if I could. Which if ever made, I'm sure will cover my cost for the one game I did pass on, but I actually bought it for near retail, so either way I'm good.

Proteus is like a pretty cool tech demo.   It was free on PS+ August 2014, which is how I got it.  As long as you look at is as an artsy tech demo and not a game (or even a walking simulator)... it has a few random cool moments.  If this is the quality of the remaining games LRG has left for the vita, then maybe it's not such a travesty that some games are getting cancelled.   I wonder what the hold up was that pushed this till the end of life for the Vita?  The game is super old at this point.  Must have been contractually obligated to publish it or face some breach of contract stuff.

Neonwall seems like a waste as well.   It is $2.99 on PSN at the moment.  It was $0.99 on Switch in December.  I looked deep into the game to see if it was worth getting as a switch budget title and my take away was... no... just no... don't waste the dollar.  It's not the kind of puzzle game I tend to find fun.  Glad I passed it up.

Tacoma looks interesting.  It's something like an hour and a half according to some reviews.   I might get it digital when it's on sale for a buck or two.  I'd imagine it is a likely candidate for PS+ freebie.

Toe Jam & Earl ... The latest build of Back in the Groove looks pretty solid.  I'm not a fan of roguelikes, but this is something I'll seriously consider making an exception for as I'm a casual fan of the series.   Hopefully the preorder window is wide so we can get reviews/feedback before making a decision.  Worst case, I'll just go digital.

Can't wait for the "special" Vita game reveal.  Surprise!  It's whatever is last (now, after cancellations) on the production schedule that isn't something noteworthy for sales. 

Can't wait for the "special" Vita game reveal. Surprise! It's whatever is last (now, after cancellations) on the production schedule that isn't something noteworthy for sales.
Pretty sure they indicated that it's going to be an internal project and not a third party project that gets that final release slot.

BTW, has anyone tried messaging LRG lately with a support ticket, as I'm wondering the current wait time on getting a reply? I'm trying to use my reward tickets for the 18th, and wondering if I'll hear back by then?

BTW, has anyone tried messaging LRG lately with a support ticket, as I'm wondering the current wait time on getting a reply? I'm trying to use my reward tickets for the 18th, and wondering if I'll hear back by then?
They tweeted this morning that they had lost 2 of the 3 customer service reps during December and they have hired two replacements, but they are currently training. As such, I imagine there are going to be very long delays for a while.

My guess is that the bonus game is the recently released Revenge of the Bird King

The Vita version is published by Mighty Rabbit Studios, where as the digital Switch version is published by Limited Run Games.  The developer is M07Games, the same dev reported for Gun World and Super Gun World 2... which digging through some tweets I found this guy Joe Modzeleski, who works for Limited Run Games and M07 Games as a developer.  You can see more on his Linkedin page (already closed that tab up.. it's easy to find).   It looks like Joe Modzeleski is M07 Games in reading through his tweets.

Does anyone know more about this development entity M07Games / M7Games?  Is it owned outright by Joe or just a subsidiary of LRG (Or Limited Run Holdings LLC)?

It was interesting researching the guy and his work.   Revenge of the Bird King... that's where my money is going for either the bonus game or one of the final games getting a Vita release since it's inhouse and helps one of their devs.

Do they not send out a code to be used during checkout or is there some other way to redeem these? The form made me think they were just going to send me a code to take $24.99 off. I remember people reserving a future release via tickets at one point, though, so I guess that would have to work differently...

Do they not send out a code to be used during checkout or is there some other way to redeem these? The form made me think they were just going to send me a code to take $24.99 off. I remember people reserving a future release via tickets at one point, though, so I guess that would have to work differently...
Once you send in physical tickets, they send you an e-mail and ask what title you would like them to send you from a forthcoming release date. They don't send a voucher code. I'm not sure how the new digital rewards will work.

Here is what I did. I filled out the form and selected a free vita/ps4 game and a Limited Run key chain. I mailed in my 45 tickets and they sent me an email with three options for redeeming my tickets for the free game. I did not contact support before hand.

I choose the option of a code for $24.99 off my next game purchase. They said if I had any issues with the code or missed the game I wanted to contact support. I will most likely use the code for YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG or Dragon Fantasy Book 1: The Volumes of Westeria. They gave me the option of selecting the game beforehand but I do not know what they have cancelled for vita so I chose the code so I can use it for anything if one of the games I really wanted happens to be cancelled because or cart production. Code is good for one year.

Soooo did anyone’s order from the warehouse sale ship yet? Figured this would have been a quick turnaround, silly me.

Looks like they finally pulled the remaining blind boxes. There were just under 3000 total unsold between the Vita and PS4 combined last I checked.

Soooo did anyone’s order from the warehouse sale ship yet? Figured this would have been a quick turnaround, silly me.
They have posted the games will start shipping the week of the 14th on the production updates page. So... next week shipping starts.

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

Here is what I did. I filled out the form and selected a free vita/ps4 game and a Limited Run key chain. I mailed in my 45 tickets and they sent me an email with three options for redeeming my tickets for the free game. I did not contact support before hand.

I choose the option of a code for $24.99 off my next game purchase. They said if I had any issues with the code or missed the game I wanted to contact support. I will most likely use the code for YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG or Dragon Fantasy Book 1: The Volumes of Westeria. They gave me the option of selecting the game beforehand but I do not know what they have cancelled for vita so I chose the code so I can use it for anything if one of the games I really wanted happens to be cancelled because or cart production. Code is good for one year.
Your actually the first person I've known to fill out their form, as I forgot that was even an option. I always saw others here contact them to reserve a specific title, then send in their tickets after it was reserved. I guess either way would work, and sending them in with the form now may be better than waiting on a reply, so I may do that.

Thanks to all for the info on contacting them, and that training is happening, as I'm sure it may take a minute to hear back.

They have posted the games will start shipping the week of the 14th on the production updates page. So... next week shipping starts.
https://limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates
They had posted that the games would start shipping on the week of the 7th last week, so they pushed it back a week. Let's hope that when next week comes along, they don't update the status to the week of the 21st.

Not sure if it has been posted here or not, but LRG is doing a (re)release of Metal Storm for the NES according to John Riggs who is at CES 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YhLnBFK9Fc

CastlemaniaGames is also (re)releasing Metal Storm as well.

Finally for you retro fans, Retro-Bit is finally going to release those their Saturn controllers. I cant wait for wireless gaming on retro consoles

bread's done
Back