Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I don't think theres any demand for a Collector's PS3 game, unfortunately. Especially when there's better ports out there.

I was surprised TJ&E switch collectors lasted around 5 minutes. I got my copy, but I expected it to be sold out in the usual 2 minutes.
That's not accurate. It looks like they are down to single digits of available copies of the Oddworld CE at this point and the morning sale is always a larger quantity than the afternoon. Also, where are these "better" ports you speak of? The Vita is the only other modern console port available unless you're talking about the various digital mobile ports. The Switch version will hopefully be good, but it hasn't been released yet.

Right after situation like last week, people go nuts and pay any price(if any actually sold), which can be insane to say the least. Do you remember back when Night Trap and Wonder Boy CE sold out ASAP, and fans and prices went into a frenzy? Within a few months of them being delivered, and Ebay being flooded, you could barely get retail for either. If anyone is paying much for these, it won't last long, as I'm sure 90% will be online soon enough, which will kill any profits for all involved.
I picked up the night trap CE and ended up keeping the game and selling the steelbook for the price of the CE so profits vary between these CE releases. I think the morning batch of most of their releases sell out but the afternoon is where you really see whether the demand is there or not for some of the releases.

You have to gauge the community interest in order to really get an idea of what the actual after-market value is going to end up being. You can't just assume that the scarcity will take care of the issue for you. Scarcity is far more important in the long-term, not the short term. I small print run for a title that know one knows about and fewer people care about isn't going to go for much in the after-market. A game like that needs time and exposure for it's small print run to start working in its favor. Flippers who pile on such titles end up losing money, or at least not making nearly as much.

Night Trap was an easy mark. It may never have had the critical acclaim, but it had notoriety and historical significance to spare. All the classic game collectors were familiar with Night Trap. And the version they put out here was arguable the best release of the game ever, making it that much easier to go after it. (no postage-stamp sized videos for this version, no sir) I personally spent extra for the Switch version, just for the novelty of having this notorious cult-classic on a Nintendo system.

A lot of the lesser-known LRG releases aren't going to be sure-fire flipper titles though. Toe Jam and Earl is probably not going to be a very good flipper title. It has the name recognition, but any half-decent collector knows that it is a modern indie game, and not a re-release of the original title. It's also a title that hasn't even come out yet, so there is no way to properly review it for critical appraisal. Much more risky for short-term investment. If the reviews for the game come back negative, short-term collector interest will nosedive. Only the most die-hard fans and collectors show up for a bad entry in a series.

A single KOF game on a ps4 disc or vita cart? What a waste, throw some more KOF games or a comp of SNK titles. Thee gonna charge $29/$29 I bet too!
All the other SNK games people are asking for could have easily been part of a compilation. SNK does random compilations all the time. Did they list a price for the KoF 97 CE? I'm not going to get it I just want to see how overpriced it is. That all being said I'll still probably grab a standard copy.

That's not accurate. It looks like they are down to single digits of available copies of the Oddworld CE at this point and the morning sale is always a larger quantity than the afternoon. Also, where are these "better" ports you speak of? The Vita is the only other modern console port available unless you're talking about the various digital mobile ports. The Switch version will hopefully be good, but it hasn't been released yet.

My mistake, I thought Stranger's Wrath already had been released on PS4 - but I guess last I read, it was only rumors. Nevermind then!

So I just ordered 2 copies of Stranger's Wrath, assuming it will ship in a box for free, but realized these are for PS3 and I'm not sure if the free LRG box applies to my order.

Anyone from LRG here know? Or able to assist on how I can go about adding a box to my order if needed?  Thanks!

And both copies of Battle Chef Brigade have overtly smushed, creased, damaged cover art. That's 3 releases and 7 total copies in a row of damaged Switch games. What the fuck are they doing over there?

And the really weird thing is that the Battle Chef that I bought at Best Buy today doesn't look like this. Nor did Golf Story, for that matter, which makes a manufacturing issue seem unlikely.

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Is this LRG's first PS3 game? I'm a little surprised to see them release a PS3 game... 

In other news, I received S&S. I never thought the day would come but I finally have S&S!:D 

You have to gauge the community interest in order to really get an idea of what the actual after-market value is going to end up being. You can't just assume that the scarcity will take care of the issue for you. Scarcity is far more important in the long-term, not the short term. I small print run for a title that know one knows about and fewer people care about isn't going to go for much in the after-market. A game like that needs time and exposure for it's small print run to start working in its favor. Flippers who pile on such titles end up losing money, or at least not making nearly as much.

Night Trap was an easy mark. It may never have had the critical acclaim, but it had notoriety and historical significance to spare. All the classic game collectors were familiar with Night Trap. And the version they put out here was arguable the best release of the game ever, making it that much easier to go after it. (no postage-stamp sized videos for this version, no sir) I personally spent extra for the Switch version, just for the novelty of having this notorious cult-classic on a Nintendo system.

A lot of the lesser-known LRG releases aren't going to be sure-fire flipper titles though. Toe Jam and Earl is probably not going to be a very good flipper title. It has the name recognition, but any half-decent collector knows that it is a modern indie game, and not a re-release of the original title. It's also a title that hasn't even come out yet, so there is no way to properly review it for critical appraisal. Much more risky for short-term investment. If the reviews for the game come back negative, short-term collector interest will nosedive. Only the most die-hard fans and collectors show up for a bad entry in a series.
Yeah I get what your saying. Im just saying night trap ce was worth it. I ususally dont get the CEs unless it has a steelbook. I didnt realize the steelbook alone was worth so much but when I look at the ones I have with it some of the artwork is insane amazing. As for TJ&E im going to pick it up since i collect all of their switch releases.

And both copies of Battle Chef Brigade have overtly smushed, creased, damaged cover art. That's 3 releases and 7 total copies in a row of damaged Switch games. What the fuck are they doing over there?
And the really weird thing is that the Battle Chef that I bought at Best Buy today doesn't look like this. Nor did Golf Story, for that matter, which makes a manufacturing issue seem unlikely.
Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk
You got 3 copies of bcb?

I’m disappointed that the TJ&E CE comes with a blind-box component and even the mega bundle didn’t gaurantee all pins. I don’t mind the “skill” it takes to snag a LRG release, but have little interest in gambling on top of it (already got my endorphine hit from mashing the order button).

TJ&E also had so many great early promo collectibles: the Genesis game case, the vinyl figures, etc. it’s not clear to me why some of that (with the exception of the game case) didn’t make it over to LRG.

I’m disappointed that the TJ&E CE comes with a blind-box component and even the mega bundle didn’t gaurantee all pins. I don’t mind the “skill” it takes to snag a LRG release, but have little interest in gambling on top of it (already got my endorphine hit from mashing the order button).
TJ&E also had so many great early promo collectibles: the Genesis game case, the vinyl figures, etc. it’s not clear to me why some of that (with the exception of the game case) didn’t make it over to LRG.
If the blind boxes go well, it won’t be long for LRG micro transactions.

I believe LRG sold the genesis cases that were leftover at one point, definitely woulda made more sense as part of the CE though

kof 97 global on vita mentions 2 players, 2 players ad-hoc and 2 players online. So does it have pstv local 2p like skull girls?
Someone with the digital copy did confirm to me that the game has local 2 player on pstv through arcade mode when a 2nd controller hits start.

However, who knows if the physical LRG copy will support pstv since previous digital titles with pstv compatability did not work on pstv when released physical by lrg. (Senran kagura bon appetite, rabi ribi)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you hook physical carts into a pstv? Kinda makes sense for physical to not have it enabled in the SFO config

Hook physical cards? I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but the PS Vita TV has two slots: 1 memory card and 1 game cart.

Can you hook physical carts into a pstv? Kinda makes sense for physical to not have it enabled in the SFO config
Yes, pstv does take physical vita carts.

Regarding the pstv compatability, what's strange is the US digital counterparts of certain games & the physical versions of certain games from other regions do in fact work on pstv. However, not all the LRG physical US copies do. (omitting whitelist tampering).

I'm assuming developers have to double dip on paying extra Sony Fees again to include official pstv compatability on their LRG releases despite already paying for it on the digital or foreign physical counterparts. So they cheap out and don't do it.

I mean plug a physical card into the fucking thing, it's not rocket science to deduce
Because it's not the word anyone uses for cards or carts. Hook the credit card in the reader. Hook Mario in the Nintendo. Hook the P4G in the Vita. Hook the SD card in the camera. Yea, none of those work.

I couldn't tell if you meant something specific like modding, because you can actually hook a microSD to it, but I couldn't figure out how you'd mod it to hook a game cart to it.

And sorry I didn't really believe you didn't know a Vita TV had a game slot.

Prick.

I'm assuming developers have to double dip on paying extra Sony Fees again to include official pstv compatability on their LRG releases despite already paying for it on the digital or foreign physical counterparts. So they cheap out and don't do it.
My understanding is that it's just a matter of checking a box or something along those lines when they submit the game so that it is PSTV compatible. I don't believe there is any additional cost, just extra attention to filling out the (digital) paperwork. It's too bad they don't pay as much attention to these details when making the games.

NkJfl56.png

Thought last day to earn points was the 14th, per the tiny blurb in Spelunky announcement email a couple weeks back?? Am I missing something? Was planning on cashin' out on a bunch of protective cases or something to not let them waste away at month's end but if I'm being a dipshit and this somehow wasn't the rewards program they're discontinuing I'd much prefer holdin' onto em.

Thought last day to earn points was the 14th, per the tiny blurb in Spelunky announcement email a couple weeks back?? Am I missing something? Was planning on cashin' out on a bunch of protective cases or something to not let them waste away at month's end but if I'm being a dipshit and this somehow wasn't the rewards program they're discontinuing I'd much prefer holdin' onto em.
They extended it through March:
"After internalizing the feedback, we’ve made the decision to leave the ability to earn points active until March 8th (one month from now). The last day to redeem your earned rewards points will now be March 30th. After that, we will discontinue our subscription to the rewards software."

There's a lengthy post about it on their site with more details:
https://limitedrungames.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=51e5c55f587138a441b305c17&id=c12c3394b4&e=ccaaf72d95

Never heard of Koihime Enbu Ryorairai before.  Checked out a trailer for it.  The amount of jiggling is making Mai Shiranui blush.

Never heard of Koihime Enbu Ryorairai before. Checked out a trailer for it. The amount of jiggling is making Mai Shiranui blush.
Wouldn't mind seeing that one trailer? But what I can say is the soundtrack sounds absolutely rocking. *almost* Falcom JDK levels of awesomeness.

I told myself I'd buy every Japanese-made game LRG publishes but I may pass on both fighters because it's just not my genre (these days).

KoF on Vita tomorrow?

I may have to actually partake again, if just for this title.

It's something I'd actually play on my Vita while out and about.

Better get some stretches in for tomorrow,

tumblr_mybsdhZEGR1skkm8no2_500.gif

They just added a new KOF bundle with a hat.  Why are they trying to spread the stock so thin?  If people want the hat they will buy it separately.

Whew, what a nightmare. It used to be that I could have multiple windows open for each item I wanted to order, and add to cart from each. But now it seems that adding to cart from each will overwrite my cart contents if I don't first refresh to pick up whatever was added to my cart from another window.

C'mon, LRG, browser tabs exist.

Yeah, this was the first time I ever had add to cart issues on their site.  Added first item to cart but it disappeared.  Added anther and it seemed to go through but then it disappeared after I added another.  It wasn't until about 10:02AM when the site was finally acting normal and I was able to add everything I wanted to cart and check out.

~4.5 - 5 minutes on KoF Vita., although the listing went up a minute or so late so maybe slightly less Not bad, easy to get. One per person item limits really do make a difference I think.

Whew, what a nightmare. It used to be that I could have multiple windows open for each item I wanted to order, and add to cart from each. But now it seems that adding to cart from each will overwrite my cart contents if I don't first refresh to pick up whatever was added to my cart from another window.

Actually i think it was buggy today. I kept adding to cart but it would keep saying it was empty. Finally I was able to add to cart but when i tried to checkout with Paypal, nothing would happen! So i kept refreshing, and clicking Paypal checkout until it finally worked. This is probably the 1st or 2nd time this has ever happened to me. All around buggy

Yeah, I mean wtf? Took me a while to figure things out after I kept going to my cart and there was only 1 item even though I kept ordering multiple items. Got the two things I really wanted and just said screw the other two things I tried to buy since I was worried things would sell out while I was trying to figure out the screwy new system. LRG always full of last second surprises.

Yeah I was starting to panic when my cart totals seemed off, after using different tabs.

Same, also had some weird issues as described. The "add to cart" button didn't show up for a good 30 seconds or so, and when it did it would either tell me my cart was empty after adding something, or when adding all three games on separate tabs I ended up with an empty cart at the end somehow. Finally got my order in after a minute or two by doing it all on the same tab, and going back to the main page after each cart addition. Hoping that's just a fluke.

Standard editions for me this morning. One of each, no Vita. For one-on-one fighting game I always go for the PS4 version. Vita isn't a particularly good platform for local multiplayer. I was sorely tempted by the Neo-Geo box, but managed to resist. My collection is unwieldy as it is. I need to keep the special editions to a minimum.

bread's done
Back