Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Just because they are small does not give them the right to provide well below subpar service. It is unacceptable for any company to print a shipping label for your package and do nothing with it a month later.
Not to mention overpromise and underdeliver the shipping times of nearly every game. If you’re going to ship something in May, don’t say you’re going to mail in March or April — yet they do this over and over. Been doing it for years! When will they learn their lesson?

The WiiU was never big to begin with. Most big WiiU fans have moved on to the Switch. A lot of people still haven't heard of LRG. I have to guess there is not all that big of a WiiU collector's community. Sure, there is one, but it's not rabid. If it were 2000 copies then it might be a hard get. 6000 is a lot for the WiiU. If I had to guess, LRG are sweating bullets as to how they are going to sell 6000 copies. Any scalper who buys a really big amount should be prepared to be disappointed.
Yeah, this was my feeling about this release as well, and if anyone is buying more than 1-2 copies, good luck flipping them for more than was paid. If this would have been offered along side the other versions, I think 6000 would have still been a hard sell. At this point in time, they should probably be offering a discount for qty's over 50, or whatever a case may be. I would still love to be proven wrong, as it would be great for all involved if this sells out at some point, but I'm not expecting that anytime soon.

Not to mention overpromise and underdeliver the shipping times of nearly every game. If you’re going to ship something in May, don’t say you’re going to mail in March or April — yet they do this over and over. Been doing it for years! When will they learn their lesson?
Yeah this is actually true.

isn't this the last WiiU made? So that would warrant multiple copies that scalpers/flippers will buy.
I feel like if you buy this to flip on ebay your going neg.

Yeah, this was my feeling about this release as well, and if anyone is buying more than 1-2 copies, good luck flipping them for more than was paid. If this would have been offered along side the other versions, I think 6000 would have still been a hard sell. At this point in time, they should probably be offering a discount for qty's over 50, or whatever a case may be. I would still love to be proven wrong, as it would be great for all involved if this sells out at some point, but I'm not expecting that anytime soon.
Wouldn't surprise me if this game will be able to be had for $10 under MSRP within a few months of release. I also don't buy the idea that it will be the last WiiU game. Just Dance is still coming out for the Wii. No way they don't release Just Dance 2020 for WiiU. I think I will wait and see how the first batch fares, then get it in the second batch if it sells out in the first batch, otherwise will wait and get it cheaper down the road if sales from LRG are sluggish.

6000 is a ton and it would be incredibly shocking if these sold fast enough for people to struggle getting it
It's a late term Wii U title with a limited release, it's going to sell out rapidly, we should start a pot on what the biggest single quantity available ebay listing ends up being

Well said, slow shipping isn't my issue at all with LRG, it is constantly providing shipping dates that are never met. I'd rather they say something will ship in 6 months then if it ships in 3 well... holy crap it's 3 months early!

Unrelated: I did have a shipping label generated for an order last week and it was actually in transit within 24 hours. I think that is the first time that has happened for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said, slow shipping isn't my issue at all with LRG, it is constantly providing shipping dates that are never met. I'd rather they say something will ship in 6 months then if it ships in 3 well... holy crap it's 3 months early!

Unrelated: I did have a shipping label generated for an order last week and it was actually in transit within 24 hours. I think that is the first time that has happened for me.
Well, based on years of this history of doing the same thing, wouldn't it make sense to just say to yourself, "this item is going to ship 6 months after I purchase it"?

Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing again and again, and expecting a different result.

If everyone here is well aware of them shipping late, why would anyone believe their estimates? How many times will each and everyone of you believe the same lie? Only to make a purchase, and then complain when LRG functions in the exact same way they have for years. I would say they are very consistent in their own failings, but yet a company who can't get their shit together for 3+ years, is now supposed to offer great shipping/service?

i buy games i want physical. I pay for it than forget about it. Then it magically shows up in my mailbox and i play it.

I don't like Kickstarter, i don't use it. If i didn't like LRG then i wouldn't use it. I wouldn't give a fuck.

Are the people bitching even planing to open the games to play? Don't they have backlogs?

Well, based on years of this history of doing the same thing, wouldn't it make sense to just say to yourself, "this item is going to ship 6 months after I purchase it"?
Haha, that is exactly what I do say now! I don't actually care when I get what I order, even two or three years would be fine (as long as they don't go out of business). I don't believe the shipping estimates anymore, I'd just like them to be a little more accurate. That is all.

Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing again and again, and expecting a different result.

If everyone here is well aware of them shipping late, why would anyone believe their estimates? How many times will each and everyone of you believe the same lie? Only to make a purchase, and then complain when LRG functions in the exact same way they have for years. I would say they are very consistent in their own failings, but yet a company who can't get their shit together for 3+ years, is now supposed to offer great shipping/service?
Right. LRG is definitely not what they were when they started and it's impossible to give them high marks on much of anything at this point. They meet the bare minimum requirement of eventually sending what is purchased. That's it. People calling it a "scam" go too far - it's definitely not a "scam", but it is being operated poorly at the moment.

Of course, they have little incentive to change. Whatever they produce sells out. I would think customer support gets slammed with requests, but how does that impact them? They respond to them when they can. No rush. Don't like it? Still going to sell out of whatever is put up next. Look - it's Bubsy 3D CE in a PS4 case with the PS1 version of the game packaged in a retro-style NES plastic sleeve (because they have lots of extras), a highly aliased papercraft cube, and a double-sided Bubsy 3D poster. $79.99. Sold. Out. How do they do it? Nobody knows.

i buy games i want physical. I pay for it than forget about it. Then it magically shows up in my mailbox and i play it.

I don't like Kickstarter, i don't use it. If i didn't like LRG then i wouldn't use it. I wouldn't give a fuck.

Are the people bitching even planing to open the games to play? Don't they have backlogs?
This 100%. I buy from LRG because I want physical copies of some good games and have had a pleasant experience so far when dealing with them. I don't expect it to come anytime soon as that's pretty much the normal anymore but I'm not that much in a hurry anyways as I have plenty to preoccupy me until it arrives. Also the answer to your last question no the majority of people complaining aren't even going to open them as they are the people that also complain about their games being "loose".

It is weird to see people having games not ship for weeks after label generation, and then your first time experience of having the game ship within 24 hours of getting a tracking number. Your once off is the norm for me. Out of 11 orders that have shipped so far, I almost always get a tracking number the night before, and then the game ships the next evening and can be seen on tracking. Game then usually arrives within 3 days.

I don't get what they are doing that causes such variation from person to person.

We expect better. Evidently, you enjoy their mediocrity.

No I don't enjoy their mediocrity, as I don't have a problem with the issues many here do, and if I did, I wouldn't shop there. It's obvious everyone else enjoys it though, as they keep complaining, and keep shopping, so yeah, I might rethink who here enjoys mediocrity and who doesn't. I no longer buy "N" systems and games at launch, as I find their efforts to be very mediocre, and I speak with my wallet.

Talk is cheap, as you can see by hundreds of post stating the same things, if those same consumers had any balls, they might spend their hard earned funds someplace else and actually get some changes made. But that would require a spine, and it's easier to complain, than take a stand for something you believe strongly in. Which leads to the question, how upset is anyone here really? As spending money at a mediocre business seems to just fine with any and everyone here(fans or not).

Here's the thing though, increasing shipping speed likely means either increasing staffing and potentially increasing costs which will be passed on to the consumer or sharply reducing the volume of releases which means far fewer games will see a physical release. Neither of those outcomes is great. Regardless, bitching about it here will do nothing to change LRG's business practices, so if you have an issue with them, please reach out to them directly and stop derailing this thread.

Just going to repost this for emphasis... According to the website they are in the process of setting up a second shipping room.  If I'm understanding this correctly, they had one shipping room/space setup for handling everything and maybe sometime soon they'll have another.   The Shipping page was last updated a week ago... so no telling how old the info is on the shipping room page... but it gives some hope that maybe they are getting closer to adapting to the real meat of the business... distribution.

Here's the thing though, increasing shipping speed likely means either increasing staffing and potentially increasing costs which will be passed on to the consumer or sharply reducing the volume of releases which means far fewer games will see a physical release. Neither of those outcomes is great. Regardless, bitching about it here will do nothing to change LRG's business practices, so if you have an issue with them, please reach out to them directly and stop derailing this thread.
We will have to agree to disagree on the definition of derailing this thread. There are quite a few others who share my opinion who’d probably argue a discussion of LRG’s poor business practices is not a detail.

And I have reached out to them, don’t you worry.

No I don't enjoy their mediocrity, as I don't have a problem with the issues many here do, and if I did, I wouldn't shop there. It's obvious everyone else enjoys it though, as they keep complaining, and keep shopping, so yeah, I might rethink who here enjoys mediocrity and who doesn't. I no longer buy "N" systems and games at launch, as I find their efforts to be very mediocre, and I speak with my wallet.

Talk is cheap, as you can see by hundreds of post stating the same things, if those same consumers had any balls, they might spend their hard earned funds someplace else and actually get some changes made. But that would require a spine, and it's easier to complain, than take a stand for something you believe strongly in. Which leads to the question, how upset is anyone here really? As spending money at a mediocre business seems to just fine with any and everyone here(fans or not).
I’ve significantly slowed the amount of business I give them. Guess I have “balls,” which is a hilarious description of the choice to buy or not buy a game.

I’ve significantly slowed the amount of business I give them. Guess I have “balls,” which is a hilarious description of the choice to buy or not buy a game.
Not really. If you actually stood behind your convictions, you would stop doing business with them completely. Instead, you still continue to buy their products, just less of them and spend all your time posting irrelevant complaints on a forum they don't even participate in anymore.

Not really. If you actually stood behind your convictions, you would stop doing business with them completely. Instead, you still continue to buy their products, just less of them and spend all your time posting irrelevant complaints on a forum they don't even participate in anymore.
And look at all the time you waste responding with your own irrelevant responses.

I'm actually responding to people on this thread, not some third party company that isn't here and doesn't care about the complaints you raise here.
How exactly am I directing my comments to LRG? I’m having discussions with other CAG users about the flaws of LRG and those users are responding. But then would-be moderators like you have to “derail” the thread by telling us what we should or should not discuss.

This thread is supposedly a "Deals" one. It has never been a deals thread.

The problem is YOU feel the need to respond to literally every criticism of LRG. Your constant quoting and defense of LRG is what derails more than anything.

This thread is supposedly a "Deals" one. It has never been a deals thread.

The problem is YOU feel the need to respond to literally every criticism of LRG. Your constant quoting and defense of LRG is what derails more than anything.
Nope. This thread was created specifically to discuss LRG's games. Put your shirt on and go ahead and click on the OP. In fact, the OP created a second thread for the handful of you who just want to constantly derail this thread to discuss LRG's business practices and other issues. Instead of using that thread, you insist on continuing to post here because you know that most people don't care enough about what you are talking about to visit a second thread. Your complaints are all the same and they are nothing new. All you have accomplished is to push LRG out of this thread where once they actively participated and you have pushed away a lot of former participants who actually had useful information about upcoming releases. You've now even started derailing a second thread that is supposed to be for other niche releases. It has literally gotten to the point that it's now too difficult to find relevant information in between all the pile-ons by a bunch of hypocrites who continue to buy things from the company they spend all of their time attacking. It's enough already, nobody cares but the handful of you who are looking for attention and validation that will never come.

Looks like the final Vita bonus release for full setters may have been leaked or maybe intentionally revealed by LRG.

https://twitter.com/MightyCooper/status/1108565683623727104

I don't get it. Is there something special about this game that it would be limited to only full set owners? It looks like an odd amalgamation of Mega Man, Zelda II and Castlevania. It looks decent... the music is not very good, but it looks playable and fairly old school.

So what's so special about this game?

Looks like the final Vita bonus release for full setters may have been leaked or maybe intentionally revealed by LRG.

https://twitter.com/MightyCooper/status/1108565683623727104
I remember reading about this game being developed by Might Rabbit Studios, and thinking that it would be the obvious choice for the bonus release. Makes sense that they would start the Vita collection with two of their games, and finish with another.

Right. LRG is definitely not what they were when they started and it's impossible to give them high marks on much of anything at this point. They meet the bare minimum requirement of eventually sending what is purchased. That's it. People calling it a "scam" go too far - it's definitely not a "scam", but it is being operated poorly at the moment.

Of course, they have little incentive to change. Whatever they produce sells out. I would think customer support gets slammed with requests, but how does that impact them? They respond to them when they can. No rush. Don't like it? Still going to sell out of whatever is put up next. Look - it's Bubsy 3D CE in a PS4 case with the PS1 version of the game packaged in a retro-style NES plastic sleeve (because they have lots of extras), a highly aliased papercraft cube, and a double-sided Bubsy 3D poster. $79.99. Sold. Out. How do they do it? Nobody knows.
I don't think that's fair. The same folks who complain don't seem to understand that this is a low-margin business. LRG isn't rolling in dollars. They are essentially relying on volume releases to sustain their business, and they also need Sony to print their discs, and I wouldn't be surprised that based on their print runs (which probably annually pale in comparison to one Ubisoft release) means their game orders are farther down the queue.

I'm fine with LRG as long as I get my game. They bring physical copies of games to players that probably would never get such a release, and few companies out there are jumping through the hoops like LRG to secure as many titles and as many obscure ones.

So Double Switch PS4 showed up yesterday, pretty sweet, I can finally stop playing my Saturn copy.

Night Trap Vita Collector's Edition arrived as well... what really surprised me is that it has the original Sega CD game art! Didn't even realize that when I ordered. Guess useable art was found or clearances made in the time since the PS4 and Switch versions were released. If it weren't for the ESRB rating requirement I'd bug Limited Run about official updated covers for those releases.

I thought about trying to make a custom PS4 collector's edition for myself using the Vita box, but the CD sountrack in the thick Sega CD style case along with the PS4 game are a little bit snug for my taste. Whatever, just incredibly pleasantly surprised to have the original game art on a big box.

I remember reading about this game being developed by Might Rabbit Studios, and thinking that it would be the obvious choice for the bonus release. Makes sense that they would start the Vita collection with two of their games, and finish with another.
Does that mean this is the last vita game lrg is selling?

It may not be sold at all if it's the special "bonus" game that Josh mentioned several months back. They mentioned shipping out an exclusive bonus game to individuals who had bought every single release from the beginning to end. Whether or not this game is it, is currently just speculation I guess.

Not exactly developed by them, but they published it. It was developed by one of the LRG employees who develops his own games under the M7 Games label on the side. This is the same developer behind the GunWorld series. I posted about the game and who was behind it a while back as my prediction for the bonus vita game. Nice to see another bit of speculation by me come to fruition.

If it happens to be the "full set bonus" game, it won't be sold at all, as it's supposed to be a bonus for those with a complete full Vita collection as a "Thank You". You provide proof to LRG of your full set, and your supposed to get the game free, or that was my understanding when it was first mentioned.

So depending on how many copies are made, and how many they give out, they may use the extra copies for prizes or special situations down the road. But it should never be sold, unless it's extra copies to those who have a complete set of LRG Vita library who may want an extra copy.

I don't think that's fair. The same folks who complain don't seem to understand that this is a low-margin business. LRG isn't rolling in dollars. They are essentially relying on volume releases to sustain their business, and they also need Sony to print their discs, and I wouldn't be surprised that based on their print runs (which probably annually pale in comparison to one Ubisoft release) means their game orders are farther down the queue.

I'm fine with LRG as long as I get my game. They bring physical copies of games to players that probably would never get such a release, and few companies out there are jumping through the hoops like LRG to secure as many titles and as many obscure ones.
They were a "low-margin" business when they started and I don't know that anyone can argue that things weren't preferable back then.

Again, I don't really care. The long shipping times and lengthy turnaround time for support issues don't bother me. I know they exist, though, and I'm not going to give them a positive review here when it comes to shipping/support times no matter how small they are. All I'm saying is that I can see why some may be dissatisfied.

I can say that I 100% believe I will always get what I order and that they will take care of any issues that come up. So far, every issue I've had has been resolved to my satisfaction. The resolution is slower than it once was, but I am personally not in a rush, so their operation works fine for someone like me.

So Double Switch PS4 showed up yesterday, pretty sweet, I can finally stop playing my Saturn copy.

Night Trap Vita Collector's Edition arrived as well... what really surprised me is that it has the original Sega CD game art! Didn't even realize that when I ordered. Guess useable art was found or clearances made in the time since the PS4 and Switch versions were released. If it weren't for the ESRB rating requirement I'd bug Limited Run about official updated covers for those releases.

I thought about trying to make a custom PS4 collector's edition for myself using the Vita box, but the CD sountrack in the thick Sega CD style case along with the PS4 game are a little bit snug for my taste. Whatever, just incredibly pleasantly surprised to have the original game art on a big box.
Since it sounds like you're a fan...if I enjoyed Night Trap, should I try out Double Switch too? Seems natural that I would like both, but I know next to nothing about Double Switch so I figured I'd ask. It also probably helps that the new Night Trap is one of the best remakes I've ever seen. Better controls, remarkably improved video/audio, gallery to view all the footage on its own, developer interviews...it's crazy how much care was put into it. Makes me wonder if all of that was part of why I liked Night Trap so much!

Since it sounds like you're a fan...if I enjoyed Night Trap, should I try out Double Switch too? Seems natural that I would like both, but I know next to nothing about Double Switch so I figured I'd ask. It also probably helps that the new Night Trap is one of the best remakes I've ever seen. Better controls, remarkably improved video/audio, gallery to view all the footage on its own, developer interviews...it's crazy how much care was put into it. Makes me wonder if all of that was part of why I liked Night Trap so much!
Of all the other FMV games out there, Double Switch is really the only one in the same vein as Night Trap. It really can be seen as a sequel in many respects.

The gameplay is bit more complicated, and there is a slight bit of randomization - like the timing system is slightly different where each event doesn't happen at the exact same time - certain events are based off internal game timers based on when a certain video plays.

I may be slightly biased by nostalgia but I enjoy both games quite a bit. The Night Trap remaster was such a massive upgrade and packed with extras, Double Switch can really only compare on the remastered front. I would definitely give Double Switch a hearty recommendation to anyone that enjoyed Night Trap - the two games really belong side by side.

Of all the other FMV games out there, Double Switch is really the only one in the same vein as Night Trap. It really can be seen as a sequel in many respects.

The gameplay is bit more complicated, and there is a slight bit of randomization - like the timing system is slightly different where each event doesn't happen at the exact same time - certain events are based off internal game timers based on when a certain video plays.

I may be slightly biased by nostalgia but I enjoy both games quite a bit. The Night Trap remaster was such a massive upgrade and packed with extras, Double Switch can really only compare on the remastered front. I would definitely give Double Switch a hearty recommendation to anyone that enjoyed Night Trap - the two games really belong side by side.
Thanks for the reply, I'll probably pick up the Switch release when it comes along. I was honestly surprised that I liked Night Trap so much because most reviewers seem to hate it (I never played it back in the day either, so the nostalgia isn't there for me). Looking forward to trying out Double Switch, too.

Thanks for the reply, I'll probably pick up the Switch release when it comes along. I was honestly surprised that I liked Night Trap so much because most reviewers seem to hate it (I never played it back in the day either, so the nostalgia isn't there for me). Looking forward to trying out Double Switch, too.
Yeah, FMV games are an acquired taste, no doubt, and NT was one of the games that moved the genre forward(or at least tried to). I can still see how someone might like NT, but not something like Dragon's Lair, as both use prerecorded video, but both are very different experiences.

I'm a fan of all things FMV, so it's always nice to see someone take a liking to a game in the genre, especially when they didn't think it could happen. LOL

Seems like many people aren't too impressed with the bonus game potentially being Revenge of the Bird King (ROTBK). I would just point out that if the bonus game was planned to be a highly desirable release, like Limbo or Fez, people would lose their minds about the game not being available for purchase. Therefore, I think that if they move forward with the free bonus for completionists, ROTBK is probably the most responsible choice.

On a side note, it sounds like they've exhausted all their options for physical Vita releases that were ready to meet Sony's deadline... So if people are upset about ROTBK getting physical over other games like YIIK, you have to consider the variables out of LRG's control.

Seems like many people aren't too impressed with the bonus game potentially being Revenge of the Bird King (ROTBK). I would just point out that if the bonus game was planned to be a highly desirable release, like Limbo or Fez, people would lose their minds about the game not being available for purchase. Therefore, I think that if they move forward with the free bonus for completionists, ROTBK is probably the most responsible choice.
Yeah, I totally agree, and if the bonus game was a higher quality title, those developers need to be paid, and that comes out of LRG pocket, as it's a "free" game. So I always figured it was going to be a game that they had a hand in, or some form of relationship with the creator, as to work a "cheap" deal so to speak, as it is a "bonus" game after all.

I never planned on it being anything great, if it happened at all, but knowing that, I also knew it would be beyond rare, and will probably be the most expensive game they have based on qty's produced. So yeah, would I have like something great for free? Of course, but getting something rare that will have a great value attached, will be OK in the end as far as I'm concerned. As this was always more likely to happen, then some cool highly sought after game, as that wasn't going to work in regards to the community as stated above.

bread's done
Back