Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
LRG has published a few of my favorite Indies in the last couple of years but I really want them to publish the rest of the Supergiant catalogue on PS4. Transistor, Pyre, and now Hades.

Damn, I was going to pass on the Giga Wrecker Alt CE but they went and included a steelbook with it.  Now I'm probably going to pick it up (the Switch version anyway).

Just got the email that my Shantae has shipped.  (Or, at least the label has been made, although the email says "package on the way".)

No Vita releases today right, and two are being offered next week? I hope they go this route for their remaining Vita releases, as paying shipping on one game goes against all that CAG stands for. LOL

No Vita releases today right, and two are being offered next week? I hope they go this route for their remaining Vita releases, as paying shipping on one game goes against all that CAG stands for. LOL
Isnt paying regular price also against it? Or in this case over msrp since the digital version is much cheaper? There are no deals ever to be found on LRG.

Isnt paying regular price also against it? Or in this case over msrp since the digital version is much cheaper? There are no deals ever to be found on LRG.
I think, and always will, that digital does not equal physical. For me, there is the tangible aspect of owning a game and having it sitting on a shelf with all my other games. Huge collections are satisfying to look at in addition to playing. Digital does not compare and those aren't guaranteed to be available forever unlike physical copies. As long as you take care of your physicals, you will have them indefinitely. There have been digitals lost due to licensing issues that are no longer available to download again in case you need to if that's all you got. So the premium you pay for physical over digital is worth it for me. Then again, physical games go on clearance/sale more often and that's how I get most of my games. LRG and other like companies are the exception to this however, so in a sense, I agree with your last sentence.

Regarding Celeste: Developer just posted a tweet that they are getting close to finishing the 'Thank You' dlc, but definitely won't be done for April. They have no estimate when it will be done. They confirmed the LRG version will be delayed indefinitely until the DLC is done. Just have to keep playing that waiting game.

Just thought I would share in case anyone else was curious of the status.

Well that was one of the first times an LRG title has sold out on me before I could finish checkout.  Very disappointing that Switch CEs and anything Vita have become instant sellouts now.

One system has people buying up anything and the other is very popular at the moment. I will kill for the Nurse Love game next week and I want that LE. It's going to be hard for sure....

Interesting that the priviledge of adding everything to cart with 1 button has a $20 fee and not even with a soundtrack or crackerjack prizes shoved in this time.

I think, and always will, that digital does not equal physical. For me, there is the tangible aspect of owning a game and having it sitting on a shelf with all my other games. Huge collections are satisfying to look at in addition to playing. Digital does not compare and those aren't guaranteed to be available forever unlike physical copies. As long as you take care of your physicals, you will have them indefinitely. There have been digitals lost due to licensing issues that are no longer available to download again in case you need to if that's all you got. So the premium you pay for physical over digital is worth it for me. Then again, physical games go on clearance/sale more often and that's how I get most of my games. LRG and other like companies are the exception to this however, so in a sense, I agree with your last sentence.
I completely agree with your statement, all but the part about his last sentence, as many LRG offerings once sold out, can no longer be had at LRG retail pricing, so that is in fact a deal. Of course many games sell below retail at this point, but arguing a digital title along side a physical one, two completely different things(apples to oranges IMO). I could also argue that standard physical Vita releases have always been $40 at retail, so a physical game by LRG is a deal, in that it is cheaper than buying a new game at retail. So I still stand by my statement of paying shipping on one item is not the CAG way, and while others may argue these games in general aren't a deal, we all have different ideals on what a "deal" actually is.

Interesting that the priviledge of adding everything to cart with 1 button has a $20 fee and not even with a soundtrack or crackerjack prizes shoved in this time.
Are you talking about the mega-bundle? Maybe I’m missing something, but the price seems right.

I want Giga Wrecker but $40 is a bit steep. I looked at the CE first and scoffed at $70 thinking it was like $35-40 higher than the standard but boy was I wrong. The CE box art is stellar (the PS4 version anyway) but I just can’t justify it right now. Seems like I’m not the only one as it’s nearly 2 hours after orders opened and it’s still available.

Also anyone else notice this?

9abc8991e3fe9be479d032500c563519.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want Giga Wrecker but $40 is a bit steep. I looked at the CE first and scoffed at $70 thinking it was like $35-40 higher than the standard but boy was I wrong. The CE box art is stellar (the PS4 version anyway) but I just can’t justify it right now. Seems like I’m not the only one as it’s nearly 2 hours after orders opened and it’s still available.

Also anyone else notice this?

9abc8991e3fe9be479d032500c563519.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The PS4 CEs don’t normally sell out quickly, if at all. The Switch and Vita CEs are what people are after. I don’t think there’s anything to read into there.

Your picture is saying there are 2000 printed, but there are only 400 CE.

The PS4 CEs don’t normally sell out quickly, if at all. The Switch and Vita CEs are what people are after. I don’t think there’s anything to read into there.

Your picture is saying there are 2000 printed, but there are only 400 CE.
That was my interpretation but they have never worded it that way before. They always just put the print count of the CE in bold and not mention standard. The Giga Wrecker Alt CE was called "Classic Edition" in the description so whoever did these pages didnt do a great job

Giga Wrecker has beautiful art but i've played hentai games with better production value

yeesh, what's with these ultra-low quality titles lately

Last edited by a moderator:
Refunds will get processed automatically for the megabundle pricing error.

If you were affected, just keep an eye out for an email from Shopify.

Giga Wrecker has beautiful art but i've played hentai games with better production value
Apparently the game has been polished up quite a bit for this "Alt" release (I guess the original voice work was awful), but because it doesn't launch for another couple weeks we can't know for sure yet. The preorder period should last long enough for some footage/reviews to come out, but it still annoys me.

How can sellers on ebay sell these pre-order games right now when the game is months out from shipping. Ebay does nothing about it even though its against their policy?

How can sellers on ebay sell these pre-order games right now when the game is months out from shipping. Ebay does nothing about it even though its against their policy?
That is correct. It's against eBay and PayPal policies and likely a lot of orders get cancelled before LRG starts delivery. With PayPal no longer covering fees on refunds, this practice may diminish somewhat.

I kinda wanted the doom soundtrack but eh, I doubt I'd listen to it and I don't like to pay over $20 for records.

I like to support artists. I'll never pay money for a download and CDs feel cheap. Records have a nice substantial size and heft and usually some nice artwork.

This Friday's Mega Bundle is still available with 47% stock left.  Mega Bundles were started to make it easier for people to order everything going on sale with one button press.  Its pretty obvious that everyone that wanted everything has gotten it by now.  LRG should now just release the unsold stock from the Mega Bundle so more copies of Giga Wrecker Alt CE (Switch) and The First Tree can go to people that only want those titles.  My opinion of course, unless they want the Mega Bundle to sit around for a very long time.

Hey guys, I have Saturday Morning RPG and Curses 'N Chaos both brand new and sealed for the Vita that I'm looking to sell, but I had a question first. Both of these have hole punches in the bar code. I'm 99% sure they were from someone who worked for PlayStation that used to sell them to a store nearby my house and was wondering as collector's how much would the hole punches drop the value you for you if any at all. 

Hey guys, I have Saturday Morning RPG and Curses 'N Chaos both brand new and sealed for the Vita that I'm looking to sell, but I had a question first. Both of these have hole punches in the bar code. I'm 99% sure they were from someone who worked for PlayStation that used to sell them to a store nearby my house and was wondering as collector's how much would the hole punches drop the value you for you if any at all.
That's going to be heavily dependent on the individual. For me, condition is paramount--to an almost maddening degree lol--so I wouldn't pay $.05 for those. There are, however, a surprising amount of people that buy this stuff that are not too fussed about condition. So the price will absolutely go down from the non-hole punched average, but you'll definitely still be able to sell 'em. I'd find the average eBay sold price for new copies and drop the price by about $10. That might not be enough, but it's a good way to test the waters.

I don't personally know any collectors that would buy a promotional-hole-punched copy. If I extrapolate based on that, then a serious collector might find little to no value in a promo copy.

I'm sure someone will buy them though, just figure out the going rate for a retail copy and try to get as close to that amount as possible.

Just got Sundered. They didn't even really try with that rear cover art. Pretty much blank with the game's title.
I saw that, too. I've felt that a few developers haven't been trying hard with their artwork, especially how many have a folded insert that is pretty much blank. It really makes me wish LRG was either 1) pushing developers to do complete and proper artwork (especially considering the increased cost), or 2) show us upfront what rear and insert artwork looks like before we purchased.

But considering how quickly every game sells out, they have zero motivation to change anything.

bread's done
Back