Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Man that is some shit shrink wrapping job. 50 cent store level of bad.. Look at that line of shrink on the SPINE... /sigh

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/12/07/jak-and-daxter-gets-physical-ps4-versions-collectors-edition-releases/

xTnhCdf.png

Next and last one should be X correct?

I wonder if this case they speak of is a automatically shipped thing or if we have to fill out a form.

Next and last one should be X correct?

I wonder if this case they speak of is a automatically shipped thing or if we have to fill out a form.
Jak X will be the last one and the most expensive because of the vehicle that comes with it. I'm pretty sure I heard someone mention that they had problems obtaining the soundtrack too due to licensing issues. You need to fill out a form for the Jak 4 case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who ordered the December 7th or January 25th bundles will be receiving them later than people who ordered the base CE. It's also been confimed that to be eligible for the Jak 4 case you would have had to buy all 4 CE's through the site. Considering that the TPL CE was limited to 3000 copies, with not everyone buying the later Jak CE's, that means that there will be less than 3000 in existance, with at least 500 going to other developers.

Anyone who ordered the December 7th or January 25th bundles will be receiving them later than people who ordered the base CE. It's also been confimed that to be eligible for the Jak 4 case you would have had to buy all 4 CE's through the site. Considering that the TPL CE was limited to 3000 copies, with not everyone buying the later Jak CE's, that means that there will be less than 3000 in existance, with at least 500 going to other developers.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/12/07/jak-and-daxter-gets-physical-ps4-versions-collectors-edition-releases/

That says purchase standard or collectors edition.

I reached out to Luc on Twitter and he got me in touch with the Arcade Distillery team and they refunded me through PayPal.
I'm way out of the loop here but what did Arcade Distillery do or not do that you wanted a refund for? And same with Sharin No Kuni's developer..? I know they severed the contract with LRG but not really sure what that means for the Vita release... thought it was still on with another publisher?

I'm way out of the loop here but what did Arcade Distillery do or not do that you wanted a refund for? And same with Sharin No Kuni's developer..? I know they severed the contract with LRG but not really sure what that means for the Vita release... thought it was still on with another publisher?
People are upset, especially with Arcade Distillary, because as they opened their crowdfunding window late in the game, they explicitly lead people to believe that the US physical release was a done deal, even after the Vita cart shortage was announced. This obviously was not the case.

While it hasn't been officially confirmed, it is presumed that these games will now be published by East Asia Soft (EAS), which imo, isn't necessarily a bad thing. No, the games won't be part of the US set for collectors, but EAS has been killing it with their quality releases, packaging, shipping time/cost, etc. Therefore, I'm still supporting the release until determined otherwise.

People are upset, especially with Arcade Distillary, because as they opened their crowdfunding window late in the game, they explicitly lead people to believe that the US physical release was a done deal, even after the Vita cart shortage was announced. This obviously was not the case.

While it hasn't been officially confirmed, it is presumed that these games will now be published by East Asia Soft (EAS), which imo, isn't necessarily a bad thing. No, the games won't be part of the US set for collectors, but EAS has been killing it with their quality releases, packaging, shipping time/cost, etc. Therefore, I'm still supporting the release until determined otherwise.
I had a really interesting chat with him on twitter because I complained about the fact that in the campaign updates he states he was going to send out game codes to all the backers. I waited a month and got nothing. Instead of taking care of the people who supported his release he was sending out codes to influencers and then sending backers a steam code when we bought vita games. He got pretty upset with me even though I had a logical argument. The next day though he sent out codes to backers. Last update states August/September shipping for physical from East Asia Soft.

I reached out to Luc on Twitter and he got me in touch with the Arcade Distillery team and they refunded me through PayPal.
Well that's just dandy. I tweeted @ him and sent DM's to both him and Arcade Distillery accounts since it was mentioned reaching out on twitter was the way to and haven't gotten any answer still.

I have nothing against EAS, but against Luc. Intentionally misleading people and then making false promises is a deal breaker. Followed by his holier than thou attitude towards other like he was somehow doing people a favor is what I have an issue with. I can't support something like that in good faith.

I freaking love Psychonauts and I still haven't even played the PS4 digital version I bought on sale years ago.

I do like that steelbook case. I really wish I could just buy the steelbook case.

9885_320.jpg

As much as I like steelbook cases, that in itself is not enough to tempt me into getting the collectors edition. The regular edition, on the other hand, is almost a foregone conclusion. I love Psychonauts, and would gladly drop $25-$35 for a physical copy for the PS4.

It's just a PS2 release on PS4 for Psychonauts correct? I would likely buy if it was a PS4 port of some sort that isn't from the PS2 version.

Isn't this the shitty quality PS2 game on PS4 version (where the multitude of sprites this game uses are so low resolution they're pointless to even try and make out what they were supposed to be)? I wish we had a real remaster of this game using the original xbox/PC version as the base.

Isn't this the shitty quality PS2 game on PS4 version (where the multitude of sprites this game uses are so low resolution they're pointless to even try and make out what they were supposed to be)? I wish we had a real remaster of this game using the original xbox/PC version as the base.
Yes it's the shit PS2 on PS4 upscale. Cash grab at its finest. I bought the PC version off of GOG around 6 months ago and it runs flawlessly(60fps) and at modern resolutions.

Is the PS4 Psychonauts that bad? the CE looks somewhat tempting, I like the soundtrack and poster. But if this version of the game is ass, I'll pass (dat rhyme tho).

Also, for a console gamer, which version of the game is the best? OG Xbox?

The only reason I am even considering the Psychonauts CE is because of the steelbook, but I will likely pass on it.  Its just too much money for what you get (steelbook, soundtrack and poster for an additional $40 seems to be way overpriced).

Is the PS4 Psychonauts that bad? the CE looks somewhat tempting, I like the soundtrack and poster. But if this version of the game is ass, I'll pass (dat rhyme tho).

Also, for a console gamer, which version of the game is the best? OG Xbox?
Either the OG Xbox or the PC release. I played through it originally on PC, then bought the xbox version. Never touched the PS2 version until it was released on PS4. I didn't know it was a PS2 on PS4 release, it was never advertised as such before release, and I bought it. The textures are very low res. I know the Xbox had more RAM than the PS2, but I've seen the PS2 pull off some amazing results, and this looked like someone didn't even try to make the game work on the PS2, much less test it.

This game uses a lot of sprites. You collect "figments" throughout the game, amongst other things, and the PS2 versions look so muddy it's difficult to tell what they are. This reeks of someone doing a lazy script to downscale all the textures to a set size and just moved on, rather than leaving the important ones (face, figments, etc) as close to the correct resolution as possible. Between the horrible textures on characters (world textures I can deal with) and these figments, it makes for a very...ugly experience. And given the game already has a "Love it or Hate it" art style, it's hard for me to recommend this version to anyone that isn't already a big fan of the game desperate to play it on their PS4.

I really have a problem if I buy Psychonauts.  Ugh.  I can see me doing it.  I have the original XBOX release (which is backward compatible on the X and I think it's even XBOX One X Enhanced) and everything is in perfect condition.  I wonder if this LRG release will even reproduce the nice manual that came with the original release.  

The JAK CEs sold those games for me, but this CE is one I would probably pass on.  If it had an art book, I would've been sold.  I'm pretty much over steelbooks for the sake of being steelbooks.  I'm into steelbooks when I like the art and the art is different from other releases.   In this case, it's the exact same art.  

Either the OG Xbox or the PC release. I played through it originally on PC, then bought the xbox version. Never touched the PS2 version until it was released on PS4. I didn't know it was a PS2 on PS4 release, it was never advertised as such before release, and I bought it. The textures are very low res. I know the Xbox had more RAM than the PS2, but I've seen the PS2 pull off some amazing results, and this looked like someone didn't even try to make the game work on the PS2, much less test it.

This game uses a lot of sprites. You collect "figments" throughout the game, amongst other things, and the PS2 versions look so muddy it's difficult to tell what they are. This reeks of someone doing a lazy script to downscale all the textures to a set size and just moved on, rather than leaving the important ones (face, figments, etc) as close to the correct resolution as possible. Between the horrible textures on characters (world textures I can deal with) and these figments, it makes for a very...ugly experience. And given the game already has a "Love it or Hate it" art style, it's hard for me to recommend this version to anyone that isn't already a big fan of the game desperate to play it on their PS4.
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely pass on this release.

I just got an order confirmation for Fate Morgana. Has anyone else? I ask because that’s probably the quickest I’ve ever gotten a possible shipment confirmation from LRG.

I just got an order confirmation for Fate Morgana. Has anyone else? I ask because that’s probably the quickest I’ve ever gotten a possible shipment confirmation from LRG.
Yep, got mine a few hours ago and was just as shocked as you, but most of my recent Vita orders have gotten shipping confirmations pretty quick.

Yeah me too. They mentioned on twitter a while back that because of the Vita production deadlines they actually had all of their Vita games on hand and ready to ship.

Yeah me too. They mentioned on twitter a while back that because of the Vita production deadlines they actually had all of their Vita games on hand and ready to ship.
Yeah, I figured this was the case, as Sony probably wanted to produce those last games ASAP and switch production over to PS4 or whatever else. The Vita got no love from those bastards, but got it from just about every place else, so it's all good at this point, VITA = LIFE!

I got one too along with the other Vita game that came out. But I also got an order confirmation for my Lumines Block Rockin Edition and it hasn't moved for about two weeks now.

The Spelunky CE is up over at Fangamer, but sadly the only thing I wanted is the Journal which isn't being sold separate, so I'll have to think this one over. If and when I have the extra funds, I'll have to decide then, and if it's sold out, oh well. https://www.fangamer.com/collections/spelunky/products/spelunky-vita-ps4-pc-collectors-edition
That is a shame. I really wanted just the journal as well.
I just got the Hollow Knight Wanderer's Journal from Fangamer and it is an excellent companion piece for the game.

That is a shame. I really wanted just the journal as well.
I just got the Hollow Knight Wanderer's Journal from Fangamer and it is an excellent companion piece for the game.
Yeah, that's on my to buy list, along with a few other books, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Fangamer is pretty good on print runs, and reprinting when the demand is there, so my track record on waiting has been pretty good thus far. I'm sure I'll get burned at some point, but I also like to wait for their holiday gift credit deals, which have been pretty good in past years.

I might actually give tomorrow a pass. Hearing that Psychonauts is just the PS2 version (similar to how the Jak games were handled) has cooled me on it considerably. This is only exacerbated by the fact that I still have my original XBox copy, which can apparently now be played on the XBox One, and more than one PC release for the game. (for digital platforms) Airheart doesn't strike me as a must-have, I could pass on that without shedding too many tears. And I already have Momodora on the PS4. It would be a good fit for the Switch, but my Switch cup currently runs over. Just going to kick back and chill instead.

cdf05ec81152e19b55f612d55e2956e6.jpg

I wanted to share the results of my recent attempt to purchase a full pre-packaged shipment of LRG soundtrack blindboxes, based on their promising description. Figured it was a no-brainer gamble at $5 a disc. I'm not sure I was prepared for the disappointment of so many duplicates in one order... [emoji53]

I wanted to share the results of my recent attempt to purchase a full pre-packaged shipment of LRG soundtrack blindboxes, based on their promising description. Figured it was a no-brainer gamble at $5 a disc. I'm not sure I was prepared for the disappointment of so many duplicates in one order... [emoji53]
You didn’t share any results.

You didn’t share any results.
The result is the large amount of duplicates I received, as shown in the photos. They specifically advertised packing boxes of 37 unique soundtracks, so I figured I'd try to purchase 37 in one order, with hopes of receiving a full pre-packaged box.

I still can't wrap my head around why they wouldn't have just thought to ship one of the pre-packaged boxes. The only thing I can think of is that random policy that's been floating around about how they prioritize smaller orders over larger ones... Either way, the number of duplicate trading cards was the cherry on top.

Everybody has to learn their hard lesson about blind boxes one way or another sooner or later in life.  :p

200 bucks ain't so bad.  You could probably sell a set of soundtracks to someone else. 

Shit, I completely forgot that I had some LRG Blindboxes with my Celeste CE... wondering if there's anything good for me* whenever that game ships. 

*The answer is no. 

Seems like they just took your order from two boxes since you didn't get more than 2 of any soundtrack. I'm actually more surprised with all the duplicate cards you got.

bread's done
Back