Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I wanted to share the results of my recent attempt to purchase a full pre-packaged shipment of LRG soundtrack blindboxes, based on their promising description. Figured it was a no-brainer gamble at $5 a disc. I'm not sure I was prepared for the disappointment of so many duplicates in one order... [emoji53]
That's pretty bad considering. Don't know why they wouldn't just take everything from one box to fulfill the order and grab from 2 boxes (assuming) instead. I would hit them up on twitter and not just their CS with those pics and they *may* try to make it right.

That is a shame. I really wanted just the journal as well.
I just got the Hollow Knight Wanderer's Journal from Fangamer and it is an excellent companion piece for the game.
Has FanGamer improved their packaging? I was interested in that journal, but everything I've ordered from them has come in a bubble mailer. I can't see that journal making it here without incurring some damage if their packaging is still the same.

Has FanGamer improved their packaging? I was interested in that journal, but everything I've ordered from them has come in a bubble mailer. I can't see that journal making it here without incurring some damage if their packaging is still the same.
Yes there packaging for the Journal was good. It came in a book box and the journal was packed in a bubble mailer inside the box. It arrived in perfect condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deal Tavern is a games retailer.  How did they get over 20 copies of the Rabi-Ribi Vita game as I believe that was limited to 2 per customer?  I can understand if it was one of the LRG games with no limits (of which there have been a lot lately) but the VIta games lately have been selling out in minutes.

Deal Tavern is a games retailer. How did they get over 20 copies of the Rabi-Ribi Vita game as I believe that was limited to 2 per customer? I can understand if it was one of the LRG games with no limits (of which there have been a lot lately) but the VIta games lately have been selling out in minutes.
They could be ordering from multiple addresses. If they're a retailer, it's likely they have resources to do so.

Unfortunately there's only so much policing that can be done.

Deal Tavern is a games retailer. How did they get over 20 copies of the Rabi-Ribi Vita game as I believe that was limited to 2 per customer? I can understand if it was one of the LRG games with no limits (of which there have been a lot lately) but the VIta games lately have been selling out in minutes.
This has been going on for a long time now. The first game I remember seeing Deal Tavern have an absurd amount of was Night Trap on PS4. They still have over 30 copies available on Amazon today. They also have more than 30 Night Trap Switch CE's still available. More recently they have over 100 copies of J&D precursor legacy. Seemed to me either DT have a legion of bots or they've struck a deal with LRG.

I hope LRG publishing Psychonauts means it'll soon publish a copy of the Remastered Full Throttle on PS4. 

Come on LRG - do it!

The result is the large amount of duplicates I received, as shown in the photos. They specifically advertised packing boxes of 37 unique soundtracks, so I figured I'd try to purchase 37 in one order, with hopes of receiving a full pre-packaged box.

I still can't wrap my head around why they wouldn't have just thought to ship one of the pre-packaged boxes. The only thing I can think of is that random policy that's been floating around about how they prioritize smaller orders over larger ones... Either way, the number of duplicate trading cards was the cherry on top.
I don't have a lot of fun money but there are some soundtracks you have multiple of and a card id be interested in. I'm not even in a rush, if it took a week before you were near the post office to ship them that's ok also.

Received two more LRG games in the mail today, and five in the last couple weeks. Good to see they are shipping stuff out faster than before. On a side note, if anyone wants to lose all their money in Vegas then take me with you. I have received around 80 games now that came with trading cards, and have yet get a gold card. According to LRG's announced odds on receiving a gold card I have defied all odds, and then some.

I don't have a lot of fun money but there are some soundtracks you have multiple of and a card id be interested in. I'm not even in a rush, if it took a week before you were near the post office to ship them that's ok also.
I've received a few inquiries about them already... I think I'll probably just list a few lots on eBay to lessen the blow. Feel free to PM me if you have a reasonable offer.

Received two more LRG games in the mail today, and five in the last couple weeks. Good to see they are shipping stuff out faster than before. On a side note, if anyone wants to lose all their money in Vegas then take me with you. I have received around 80 games now that came with trading cards, and have yet get a gold card. According to LRG's announced odds on receiving a gold card I have defied all odds, and then some.
I have no interest in most of my gold cards... I'd be willing to trade you some for others I need, if you are interested? PM me, and we can work something out.

I've done OK, with the trading cards, as I've gotten a few golds over the years, so it does happen. Actually, one of my most recent orders of two games came with 2 gold cards, but I doubt I'll ever see that again. If I had to guess, I've maybe gotten 10 golds give or take, and I actually have one of their gold stickers from back when that was a thing as well.

I have no interest in most of my gold cards... I'd be willing to trade you some for others I need, if you are interested? PM me, and we can work something out.
That's very nice of you to offer. I actually don't care that much about cards. It just cracks me up that I have defied the odds by not getting a gold with around 80 games received. For some stupid reason I liked the postcards and stickers more than the trading cards. One thing that would definitely be cool to get is the printing plates that some people have received. It's pretty awesome that LRG sends those out randomly to customers.

I've done OK, with the trading cards, as I've gotten a few golds over the years, so it does happen. Actually, one of my most recent orders of two games came with 2 gold cards, but I doubt I'll ever see that again. If I had to guess, I've maybe gotten 10 golds give or take, and I actually have one of their gold stickers from back when that was a thing as well.

I've gotten like 2 gold cards out of all the games I ordered but it's ok though, I just like having a card for each game. I did get a plate card once for a game so I guess it makes up for lack of gold ones. Although I don't know what the hell to do with it. I just put it in a soft sleeve and in a hard sleeve and put it in a box with various other lrg nick nacks I have.

I started out obsessing over them till I broke myself of it. I got a lrg card binder and filled it with various cards and quit before I wasted too much time and money on them.

I got a lrg card binder and filled it with various cards and quit before I wasted too much time and money on them.
Yeah, I bought one binder at the start, as I planned to buy individual packs, but since it never happened, LRG just missed out on those funds. Now if they started the packs tomorrow, I've already decided to retire after the Vita releases are done, so no need to buy any tc at this point.

Collecting tc is something I could have done even if I was no longer buying games, but since there's no way to get cards outside of a game purchase, it defeats the point of offering "trading" cards to begin with. There's no way to trade unless you can get more cards than you need, which isn't easy to do when most orders no matter the size only get one card per title.

I buy their releases pretty regularly and I haven't gotten a gold card since Ys. I'm not entirely convinced they're still doing gold cards.

Cannot wait!

I’m hoping for
-Mummy demastered
-time spinners

Easily the biggest E3 “conference” in my opinion
Agreed. Super hyped when I saw the announcement. Also hoping for the Mummy Demastered. It's sitting in my eshop card at this very moment. Really hoping Blasphemous gets a physical release as well at some point.

sigh looks like my Jak and Daxter CE is lost in the mail...

the last status was a week ago that says "Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility".

Usually LR packages have that status and then 24 hours later they have a different status like "arrive at the destination UPS Mail Innovations facility." or something like that, but this one just never updated with a new status.

Great, the one item I really wanted is lost, and is also super limited, I really hope they have replacement shipments available for stuff like this just in case. 

ac6c3b7cc5b6e23e42d39cd0962d6184.jpg

I own just about every switch steelbook thus far, but I call it quits with power rangers. At $100 shipped, no thanks. Maybe i will get lucky with a future blind box or something.

It annoys me that so many of these are separate releases. Also, I expected Samurai Shodown V Special for Vita instead of any other SNK game. I'll probably get the Shenmue III Collectors Edition, but it'll be a bloodbath.

I'm somewhat interested in: Blaster Master Zero (If all DLC is included), Hover, Transistor,  & Freedom Planet.

Atooi Collection on 3DS isn't bad.  I've passed up every other offering for these games, but as a bundle it might be worth it if the price is right.

Shenmue is one of my all time favorite series.  But... I will probably resist.  I already have the PS4 version coming from kickstarter and I'm thinking of getting it digital on PC so I can play it day one since every other kickstarter game seems to show up for sale before the backers get it.   Had they included a remote control forklift with Ryo Hazuki... I would likely cave.

I am going to assume all of those Star Wars games are them continuing to put the PS1/PS2 "Classic" titles in PS3/PS4 packaging.   Although, did I see "Shadows of the Empire" in there?  I don't recall that ever getting a console release outside of the N64, so maybe not.   

I'm honestly not excited for any other Vita releases, so I think i'm pretty much done with buying for it. I am glad of Double Switch for Switch but sad Corpse Killer isn't slated for the Switch (though it's pretty obvious it will likely come out later). Star Wars games are good and will support those. Some good releases for sure but I think my LRG buying is going down massively, which is fine.

Unless they actually stated it, I can't see any way that will be a "collection". Given that they showed PS4 box art for one game, I'd be expecting them to charge $29.99 for each of those PS1/PS2 Classics.
Super Star Wars SNES was in there... There's no way in hell that's getting a standalone release. Bounty Hunter is standalone, likely because it's a more "modern" release.

bread's done
Back