Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Failed to get both versions of the Vita game even though I added to cart right when they went live. Really glad this Vita nonsense is almost over.

The product description on the standard does say standard only orders will be shipped within 3 weeks. They appear to be waiting on the Shockbox for the CE so those will ship in October.
Yeah, the CE always take extra time due to assembly and the extras that go in to those offerings, but all of my orders over the last few months have all shipped within a few weeks of ordering. So I would say them saying they had most of these on hand has been accurate thus far, as my orders have been shipping and arriving in pretty short order.

On the subject of ordering today, I had issues for sure, as the site seemed to be having problems. My last order for the Atari game was one of the best days in awhile, as that day was extra smooth, today was the exact opposite for me, but my order went through, just barely.

Most of if not all of these games have already been produced, LRG is just milking the clock! LOL The March deadline was when orders needed to have been placed already, so technically production could happen after the fact, it just depends on the schedule. But I'm sure LRG said they had most of this stuff produced already(if not all?).
Oh, I see.

I placed an order for MS3 Vita CE for the hell of it and wow, their website sucks ass now. I got the CE in my cart, clicked go to cart, clicked checkout and it took me back to the main page. Had to re-do all that and was able to check out on my 2nd attempt. Sounds like others had issues as well...

Oh, I see.

I placed an order for MS3 Vita CE for the hell of it and wow, their website sucks ass now. I got the CE in my cart, clicked go to cart, clicked checkout and it took me back to the main page. Had to re-do all that and was able to check out on my 2nd attempt. Sounds like others had issues as well...
tbh I think they did a cart purge to try to stop people who had preloaded their cart with the game

I think every Metal Slug port outside of the original Xbox version had unlimited continues. I dunno how you can consider those small gripes. The input lag was horrendous to the point where you could feel the delay everytime you pressed a button and again, you couldn't even tell if you were damaging a boss because the hit sounds were removed.
You can't understand that my opinion isn't the same as yours? Sounds like you have issues if that's a problem for you.

And no it wasn't an issue for me. I played through them all and yeah it wasn't perfect but it didn't impede my ability to enjoy blowing stuff up and with unlimited continues it didn't matter if I died from it.

So can someone clarify if the new shop system saves your credit card on file? I did a test this morning with Timespinner and it looked like my card was saved. When Slug released the system logged me out, took the game out of my basket, and finally my card info was missing in checkout. Not the smoothest process.

So can someone clarify if the new shop system saves your credit card on file? I did a test this morning with Timespinner and it looked like my card was saved. When Slug released the system logged me out, took the game out of my basket, and finally my card info was missing in checkout. Not the smoothest process.
Let me have all your info so I can check it for you!

Just goes to show the power of brand recognition. All four versions of Metal Slug 3 sold out in less than 10 minutes. PS Vita and PS4, and both collectors editions of either. This is because there is a sizable fan base for the Metal Slug series. It probably doesn't hurt that Metal Slug 3 is often held up as one of the better entries in the series as well.

I missed out on the AM run. I'll have to try to get a copy for myself in the PM. I'm thinking PS4 standard. There's no point trying to fight over the Vita cart. As good as that game would be on the Vita, I don't mind having it on a big screen for admiring the pixel art. I'll probably snag a copy of Gravity Ghost as well.

What's weird is the LRG product description states the item is currently in manufacturing and is expected to ship in September, yet there is very clearly a boxed copy of the LRG version of the game in the unboxing video.

Another weird thing is I read (on the Official Playstation blog) that LRG was making 2000 copies of the game yet the item description says only 1040 copies will be sold. Are they really giving away around 800 copies of the game or is the 2000 quantity I read elsewhere incorrect?
it looks like they fixed it now its says 2000 copies for Gravity Ghost (PS4) on LRG site

i passed on metal slug 3 as well, due to the pricing.
I have anthology on wii & psp and those run perfect. I got anthology on ps4 digitally and it is considerably laggy. Because of this I decided to use the money i was going to use for metal slug 3 to buy Anthology on ps2 instead.

Just goes to show the power of brand recognition. All four versions of Metal Slug 3 sold out in less than 10 minutes. PS Vita and PS4, and both collectors editions of either. This is because there is a sizable fan base for the Metal Slug series. It probably doesn't hurt that Metal Slug 3 is often held up as one of the better entries in the series as well.
I don't know if it's the power of brand recognition or this surreal power of LRG. I did like the CE packaging - I still don't get this poster crap and am not sure who wants the art cards that reproduce the key art they are already using on the packaging AND the poster (there is one art card with different art... I won't be surprised if it's in the manual, though). But, the case and manual were good enough for me.

I don't know if it's the power of brand recognition or this surreal power of LRG.
At least some of it is the brand recognition. We've seen other games for the PS4 not sell out nearly as quickly. Even Gravity Ghost this morning didn't sell nearly as quickly as Metal Slug 3, despite being cheaper. (and more modern, and critically praised, and actually designed for current hardware, etc...)

Games that have solid brand recognition are frequently guaranteed more attention, more demand, and faster sales than their contemporaries. People are more likely to jump all over what they already know, rather than taking a chance on something they haven't heard of. So a legacy series like Metal Slug will get tons of demand, despite only being a digital release of a single entry in a series that has been collected multiple times before. Not exactly the best "value" for anyone looking to play some Metal Slug. And yet it sells out almost immediately, with clear rabid demand. That's the power of having a recognized brand. People know and like Metal Slug.

I'm not trying to be dismissive of Metal Slug. I'm a big fan myself. I love that old-school high-quality sprite work, and few series deliver as well on that as Metal Slug. It's some excellent run-and-gun action with top-tier sprite art. Metal Slug 3 is a legit good game, there is ample justification for wanting a physical copy. I don't blame anyone who came looking to get their own copy. But if the name "Metal Slug" hadn't been attached to it, it wouldn't have sold out nearly as quickly.

Going through their Twitter posts yesterday I noticed that they confirmed Best Buy will be getting copies of both Turok games. They haven't updated the item description to reflect it yet but they likely will. They also seemed to have lowered the price to $29.99 each from the initial listings of $34.99 each.
Thanks for the update! I’m really glad Best Buy is getting the Turok games. I’m still really surprised they are not getting Timespinner though.

You can't understand that my opinion isn't the same as yours? Sounds like you have issues if that's a problem for you.

And no it wasn't an issue for me. I played through them all and yeah it wasn't perfect but it didn't impede my ability to enjoy blowing stuff up and with unlimited continues it didn't matter if I died from it.
Cool. Sounds like you have low standards and will tolerate mediocrity.

I don't think Metal Slug Vita was up for even 30 seconds.
Yeah I missed out. First time in a long time. Literally took less than 10 secs to get to final checkout, and when I hit the Pay now button I got put into the waiting queue and then it took me back to the Information page at the start of checkout. By then of course it was gone. It's already on the Waiting List form, so hope that comes through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like old times.
LOL The last time I tried to pick up a LRG game was Bloodstained Vita and that seemed much worse. I was able to pick up MS3 pretty easily this AM besides the cart re-directing back to the home page instead of checking out.

the Switch version of Timespinner now has this on its LRG listing

Best Buy may be receiving a small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/switch-limited-run-42-timespinner-preorder
Yeah just noticed it as well when I went to order it. At least it's not like Golf Story where they announced it after sales window closed.

Yeah just noticed it as well when I went to order it. At least it's not like Golf Story where they announced it after sales window closed.
They updated both Timespinner and Turok 1 + 2. It is interesting that they say "may be receiving" because past titles said "will be receiving." I almost ordered Timespinner, but held off, glad I did. Just another to pick up at best buy.

Turok 1 and 2 at $23.99 each with GCU is actually a pretty decent deal for the physical copy.  I may go that route.

For everyone saying that Metal Slug 3 isn't worth it because they can just play it on the Metal Slug Anthology, the version on the Anthology is far worse than the standalone PS4 port. The Anthology Metal Slug games have no ability to turn off the softening filter, so they look fuzzy and blurry. The standalone has multiple filter options including NO filter, which gives it a crisp, sharp appearance. The Anthology versions of the Metal Slug games really were poorly done.

For everyone saying that Metal Slug 3; isn't worth it because they can just play it on the Metal Slug Anthology, the version on the Anthology is far worse than the standalone PS4 port. The Anthology Metal Slug games have no ability to turn off the softening filter, so they look fuzzy and blurry. The standalone has multiple filter options including NO filter, which gives it a crisp, sharp appearance. The Anthology versions of the Metal Slug games really were poorly done.
Is that true for the Vita version as well? Or just the PS4 version?

There is no Vita version, just PSP and I think it has the same problem.
Actually there is a Vita version. The standalone 25th Anniversary release of Metal Slug 3 was put out on the PS4, PS3, and Vita in 2015. All versions feature top quality emulation by Code Mystics, including the ability to turn off the softening filters and have a crisp, beautiful image on all three systems. I just booted up the Vita version and it looks beautiful on the handheld and plays very well. These Limited Run releases are both physical versions of the 25th Anniversary Metal Slug 3 release.

For people who think the Metal Slug Anthology versions are just as good (not referring to you here), they're not even close to the 25th Anniversary release.

i was debating getting the 20-30 Vita LRG titles I missed in the past, but failing to checkout in time for both Metal Slug 3 batches kinda killed my desire for the moment

On a similar note, has anyone heard anything about River City Girls? It releases in less than a month and no word that I've heard.
LRG stuff for stuff like that comes out after the fact such as Toejam and Earl. Came out a month or two after digital release I believe.

i was debating getting the 20-30 Vita LRG titles I missed in the past, but failing to checkout in time for both Metal Slug 3 batches kinda killed my desire for the moment
Don't feel to bad, as most of those titles you can probably get for less than you would have paid originally, so there's a silver lining to your current situation.

On a similar note, has anyone heard anything about River City Girls? It releases in less than a month and no word that I've heard.
Nope. And the way thing are currently produced I wouldn't expect it to actually ship until the end of the year or beginning of next year even if they have the sale close to launch. The game is shaping up nicely though. I wasn't sure how much I wanted it till I caught a japanese video where they played the first level of the game. It's not quite on par with Scott Pilgrim, but it's looking solid for the genre.

On the PS4 that's true with certain releases, but Vita and especially the recent Vita releases are all going for above MSRP.
Yeah, very true on the recent Vita releases, but the ones before the new year still show many at under retail, but I assumed he was more than aware of that. As you would have to be under a rock on the most recent releases to think you would get those for less. LOL

‪Has it always been this difficult to have one item canceled from a large LRG order? I can understand an issue with canceling an entire $300 order, but threatening a 15% restocking fee for cancellation of one erroneously ordered game from that order is ridiculous.‬

‪Has it always been this difficult to have one item canceled from a large LRG order? I can understand an issue with canceling an entire $300 order, but threatening a 15% restocking fee for cancellation of one erroneously ordered game from that order is ridiculous.‬
Their policy has always been all sales are final regardless of order size. You're essentially sticking them with stock they can't sell, at least in the short term until the waiting lists are processed. How does one erroneously order a game anyway?

Their policy has always been all sales are final regardless of order size. You're essentially sticking them with stock they can't sell, at least in the short term until the waiting lists are processed. How does one erroneously order a game anyway?
I've done that but i was likely pretty heavily buzzed and shouldn't be ordering on Amazon. Also how I got 2 copies of a manga. Luckily Amazon is easy to return to.

If it hasn't shipped, I don't see why they would need to charge you a restocking fee.

It's surprisingly easy to accidentally order an extra of something, when you're in a hurry trying to checkout before things sellout.

I actually contacted them about it even before the second batch went on sale, and they initially told me no refunds or cancellations regardless. I followed up recently, and now they are saying that I would have to wait for them to ship it, only to ship back and be stuck with the return shipping and restocking fee.

I get the reason for the policy, as it deters scalpers, but their lack of support for loyal customers just doesn't sit well with me.

Is that true for the Vita version as well? Or just the PS4 version?
Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier, but yes the Vita version is a beautiful port with the same ability to control filters and get a crisp, sharp image by turning off the annoying blur/softening filters.

LRG let people cancel Golf Story due to that. I'm one that did so.

They updated both Timespinner and Turok 1 + 2. It is interesting that they say "may be receiving" because past titles said "will be receiving." I almost ordered Timespinner, but held off, glad I did. Just another to pick up at best buy.
Interesting that they added the BB text since it wasn't there when Timespinner opened for pre-orders. Another reason to only pre-order near the end of a window.

It's surprisingly easy to accidentally order an extra of something, when you're in a hurry trying to checkout before things sellout.
Yeah, when Ys Origin went up, I thought I was locking in the Vita version... somehow I ended up buying the ps4 version. I think the rush to get the order in and having to retry or something threw me off. Now I'm a hell of a lot more focused the rare times I order anything limited.

Hopefully BestBuy get's River City Girls. I'll wait till near the end of the preorder window in case BB gets it. I wish I had done that with Golf Story since the already manufactured copies took nearly 2 months before they started showing up and they ended up in Best Buy about the same time as my copy showed up. The only reason I didn't cancel was it was early days of the BB deal and their scare tactics that it would be impossible to get a copy made me fearful of missing out. Now I know better.

bread's done
Back