Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Same for me except swap "Xbox One" with "Nintendo 64".
I have huge nostalgia for the original releases, but these remastered ports are a pretty massive upgrades, while still maintaining the original games. At least they're cheaper than those were! Lol

I have huge nostalgia for the original releases, but these remastered ports are a pretty massive upgrades, while still maintaining the original games. At least they're cheaper than those were! Lol
Just be aware that Turok 2 Seed of Evil on Switch does not include multiplayer.

Goemon's Great Adventure is easily one of my favorite N64 games. Miss that series.
That and the N64 version of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. Loved those games. It's a shame the franchise stopped being brought over ... though at least we got Konami Crazy Racers.

That and the N64 version of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. Loved those games. It's a shame the franchise stopped being brought over ... though at least we got Konami Crazy Racers.
I really, really need to get Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. I absolutely love that game. It's so bloody expensive, though.

So does the Timespinner PO end at midnight tonight or the end of the day tomorrow? Says ends 8/16 but I never know what that means.

So does the Timespinner PO end at midnight tonight or the end of the day tomorrow? Says ends 8/16 but I never know what that means.
It will end tomorrow, but I wouldn't wait until the last minute as they can and have cut off orders early in the evening so they don't have to order another 1,000 copies to fulfill straggler orders.

Anyone with experience with The Bard's Tale on PS4? Never played the original (well, talking about the PS2 original here, not the 80s PC trilogy), but reading up on it seems like this port is riddled with bugs, softlocks, and crashes. Assuming LRG's version is the same, seems like a great reason to skip it. Unless there were updates of some kind that fixed all that?

Logistically they really need a break week. I'll do my usual production updates post tomorrow, but from a quick glance it looks like the only thing they've shipped out in the first half of the month is Jak III (even though they had ~2 dozen games slated to ship this month). Their backlog just keeps growing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they not do those small individual sets of cards anymore like for toe jam & earl, or night trap? I bought a lrg card binder and been getting those small sets of cards for it but haven't seen them in a while.

Like I really want that set of Atari cards that came in that ce but I'm not buying the whole ce just for them. If I could buy them separate I would.

Turok is gonna be sold by best buy later on right?
If the switch game is even relatively decent. BB is going to pick it up. The disclaimer at the bottom of the production pages are actually bogus. BB has yet to cancel an order and I would figure if they did LRG wouldn’t be very happy about it. So to sum it all up, theres no need to buy 90% of the switch games from LRG. Even the ps4 games, as someone has previously mentioned, are not worth getting. You can find most of them on ebay for less since they are mostly hot garbage cash grabs.

If the switch game is even relatively decent. BB is going to pick it up. The disclaimer at the bottom of the production pages are actually bogus. BB has yet to cancel an order and I would figure if they did LRG wouldn’t be very happy about it. So to sum it all up, theres no need to buy 90% of the switch games from LRG. Even the ps4 games, as someone has previously mentioned, are not worth getting. You can find most of them on ebay for less since they are mostly hot garbage cash grabs.

It isnt bogus. It's there just incase there is a time where it isnt sold at retail as it might said or hinted by lrg or bestbuy. It's called a disclaimer.

And there is plenty of reason to buy it from lrg as it will be the exact same game so not like that will matter, it will have lrg cover art, a trading card, a manual which the retail release may not have one, and it will cost the same.

And SOME games can be found for less on ebay, not every single one of them and there is no way of telling till after the fact. Also worth mentioning, just because you and some others say they are garbage doesn't mean everyone does.

People are allowed to like things.

so will the ps4 version of river city girls be rarer since best buy isn't selling that version?
My guess is yes since LRG has stated in the past when they do open preorders for Switch and PS4 versions of the same game, the Switch version outsells the PS4 version by a large amount. In fact, some of their lowest print run PS4 games had been open preorders.

My guess is yes since LRG has stated in the past when they do open preorders for Switch and PS4 versions of the same game, the Switch version outsells the PS4 version by a large amount. In fact, some of their lowest print run PS4 games had been open preorders.
cartridges > discs

Jfc, yet another shitshow for the Turok CEs. Added to cart the second they were available, clicked checkout, took 30 seconds to load, boom sold out. I don't know why I even try tbh.

LRG sometimes amazes me with their bundle decisions and quantities.  The Turok Classic Edition bundle sold out in under a minute, yet the individual Classic Editions are still available.  One would think more customers would be interested in buying them together then individually, hence they should have allotted more to the bundle.  Oh well, ended up getting them individually so I guess I miss out on the slipcover that they were including in the bundle.

LRG sometimes amazes me with their bundle decisions and quantities. The Turok Classic Edition bundle sold out in under a minute, yet the individual Classic Editions are still available. One would think more customers would be interested in buying them together then individually, hence they should have allotted more to the bundle. Oh well, ended up getting them individually so I guess I miss out on the slipcover that they were including in the bundle.
Loading times are taking so long that the 1st one was sold out by the time I could click on it. Second one is still available but I don't want to try to get one at a time. It's so frustrating.

Edit: 2nd is gone. Damn man.

Bard's Tale down to just over 100 copies and Slime-San seems pretty safe at over 500 copies left.  Slime-San may last the weekend after the 2nd batch is live.

LRG sometimes amazes me with their bundle decisions and quantities. The Turok Classic Edition bundle sold out in under a minute, yet the individual Classic Editions are still available. One would think more customers would be interested in buying them together then individually, hence they should have allotted more to the bundle. Oh well, ended up getting them individually so I guess I miss out on the slipcover that they were including in the bundle.
On Twitter they’re saying you’ll still get a slipcover.

FYI, according to their Twitter, LRG will include the slipcover if you bought the CEs separately.  So it may be best to do that in the 6pm drop.

Edit:  Just noticed the post above mine!

I really wanted Rogue Legacy and there is nothing of interest to pair it with the last couple of weeks so I'm going to wait for the Best Buy version. No reason to pay the up charge when I get better benefits from buying at Best Buy.

Bard’s Tale is a fun game. I’ve been playing the PSN version and I’ve seen no notable glitches. I’m not a big performance geek so it may have some issues for others- seems fine.

Bard’s Tale is a fun game. I’ve been playing the PSN version and I’ve seen no notable glitches. I’m not a big performance geek so it may have some issues for others- seems fine.
PC version is also $10. Does this work well with a controller? Wondering if I should just get it on PC instead.

Ended up getting it on PC for $10.

It isnt bogus. It's there just incase there is a time where it isnt sold at retail as it might said or hinted by lrg or bestbuy. It's called a disclaimer.

And there is plenty of reason to buy it from lrg as it will be the exact same game so not like that will matter, it will have lrg cover art, a trading card, a manual which the retail release may not have one, and it will cost the same.

And SOME games can be found for less on ebay, not every single one of them and there is no way of telling till after the fact. Also worth mentioning, just because you and some others say they are garbage doesn't mean everyone does.

People are allowed to like things.
The disclaimer is there because they probably noticed a drop in sales after they agreed to distribute titles through best buy thats why i feel it is there. I could 100% be wrong, I usually get all the switch games but i dont need to get it from them if its going to be at best buy. If you buy it on the website you have limited window of time. I rather just go pick it up whenever i feel like. They are all available, there is not a single release given to BB that is sold out. Those small extras they give out are window dressing that I personally dont care about enough to shell out my money ahead of time before i receive the game.

Five more Vita release dates to go guys, the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight. Meat Boy is probably going to be particularly brutal, so I'm really not looking forward to that. I also have no clue why they reverted to 2 per person for Revenant Dogma, I don't think there's a real risk of any of the Vita titles not selling through at this point.

Anyhow, Shipping/production updates since 8/16 below, changes in bold.

Marked as Shipped/Removed from Production Updates since 8/02:

• Aegis Defenders (PS4 + Switch)
  • Pix the Cat (PS4)
  • Metal Slug 3 (Vita)
  • Atari Flashback Collection (Vita)
  • Battle Garegga Rev. 2016 (PS4 CE)

Shipping in Progress/Shipping "Soon"

• Momodora (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Atari Flashback Collection (Vita Deluxe)
  • A Hole New World NES OST
  • Toe Jam & Earl Funkothon Retro Cases
  • The House in Fata Morgana (Vita CE + PS4 CE)
  • The Messenger (PS4 + Switch)
  • Minit (PS4 + Switch)
  • Psychonauts (PS4)
  • Oddworld: New & Tasty (PS3 CE)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4)
  • Teslagrad (Vita)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4)
  • Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch)
  • Accounting+ (PS4)
  • Transistor (PS4)
  • Red Faction (PS4)
  • Gravity Ghost (PS4)
  • Project Lux (PSVR)
  • Frog Fractions 2 (PC)
  • Bubsy: Paws on Fire (Switch)

August

• Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64 + N64 CE)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4 CE)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4 CE)
  • Super ComboMan (PS4)
September

• Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch CE)
  • Giga Wrecker Alt (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • Freedom Planet (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Slime-san (PS4)
  • Psychonauts (PS4 CE)
  • Accounting+ (PS4 CE)
  • Transistor (PS4 CE)
  • Corpse Killer (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Star Wars (GameBoy + GameBoy CE)
  • Star Wars (NES + NES CE)
  • Rogue Legacy (PS4)
  • Red Matter (PSVR)
  • Metal Slug 3 (PS4)
  • Hover (PS4)
  • Tharsis (PS4)
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES + NES CE + Game Boy + Game Boy CE)
October

• Bard's Tale (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Transistor (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Teslagrad (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Red Faction (PS4 CE)
  • Red Faction Vinyl
  • Hover (Vinyl + Artbook)
November

• Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Rogue Legacy (Switch)
  • Double Switch (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Double Switch (PC CE)
  • Timespinner (PS4 + Switch)
  • Turok (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Switch + Switch CE)

No Date/TBA

• Celeste (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE + PC CE)
  • Double Switch Vinyl
  • AI: The Somnium Files (PC)
  • River City Girls (Switch + Switch CE + PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • River City Girls Vinyl
  • Revenant Dogma (PS4 + Vita)
  • Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)

Of note:

• LRG picked up the pace a little, but they only shipped 6 SKUs in the past 2 weeks (and 10 total in August)
  • Project Lux finally got a date and should be shipping soon
  • LRG has 96 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 192k units of already-sold product.This is up six SKUs from two weeks ago (even with a break week)
  • Last year, in Q3/Q4 LRG wasn't able to get their games pushed through Sony's production process due to a lot of other big name games being released and needing that factory time. I expect the same to happen this year, which will only compound the delays.
  • LRG lists over 20 games as shipping now or shipping soon, if their current pace keeps up that will take them about two months to ship out. I believe everything in this category is stuff they have on hand so hopefully the pace picks up, but I would interpret anything listed as September for October/November and so on if you're trying to figure out when you'll get your items.

The disclaimer is there because they probably noticed a drop in sales after they agreed to distribute titles through best buy thats why i feel it is there. I could 100% be wrong, I usually get all the switch games but i dont need to get it from them if its going to be at best buy. If you buy it on the website you have limited window of time. I rather just go pick it up whenever i feel like. They are all available, there is not a single release given to BB that is sold out. Those small extras they give out are window dressing that I personally dont care about enough to shell out my money ahead of time before i receive the game.
the disclaimer has been there since they 1st started there deal with best buy so yes you are 100% wrong

the point is the disclaimer has been there for years and is not something they put there after they noticed a drop in sales as you stated
Actually they haven’t been doing this for a full year yet. I get that you feel compelled to defend it and got backed into a wall a bit... but making untrue exaggerated statements to emphasis your point only makes your whole statement seem invalid and with false intention.

They put the blurb on there to warn people, but also so as not to piss everyone off that would rather buy from a regular retailer with a huge shipping infrastructure. The risk is super low that BB will back out since they have yet to back out of a deal yet. But if BB does back out LRG’s ass is covered since they warned people. Either way, weigh the risk and buy however you want. The only harm is if you don’t buy from LRG directly you cost them a sale since BB’s purchase is a fixed amount. LRG though didn’t lose any money since they manufacture the amount preordered so it’s not like they get stuck with stock... more like BB has one less to sell.

bread's done
Back