Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
A Snatcher cassette? You're dumb LRG
It IS a little dumb. Cassettes are an extremely bad collector's format. They can be damaged by strong magnets, or just general use. Even vinyls tend to be better for collectors than cassettes.

At the same time, I am loving the artwork on that long-box. And an official soundtrack release from Konami is encouraging. Kind of makes me hope that we'll see some additional LRG titles out of Konami. Perhaps some LRG editions of their recent digital retro collections? Or dare I even say it, a re-print of the original Snatcher itself?

Of course, what everyone would REALLY want would be a modern, high-def remaster of Snatcher for modern consoles. Or at the very least a port of the classic game to modern platforms. But I've got to temper my hopes on that one.

Of course, what everyone would REALLY want would be a modern, high-def remaster of Snatcher for modern consoles. Or at the very least a port of the classic game to modern platforms. But I've got to temper my hopes on that one.
Yeah, I gave up hopes on this happening years ago, so if it ever does happen, it will be a very welcome surprise. As for the soundtrack, it is AMAZING, and one of the very few I actually have in my digital music library. So I'm beyond happy to see some form of anything "Snatcher" at this point, but yeah a cassette tape is all but useless for me, but a good first step I suppose.

i think i like the regular cover of river city girls than the lrg one
Have they shown the BB version yet? If you are talking about the asia/jp version art, then that's marked in the upper right corner (see pic below) as "Not Final Artwork!" ... though that may simply be since there's no rating on the box or company branding. From a distance the LRG version has the readhead with a beard and the brunette has too small a mouth that is a bit too high and it looks like her nose. Even close up the redhead still looks like she's sporting a 5'oclock shadow... which then up close it also says "Artwork Subject To Change"... so maybe they'll notice the art is kind of .. inferior.. and opt to improve it

The not final asia version is better... hopefully the BB version is nice as that's likely what I'll go for.

river-city-girls-600119.1.jpg

I like the playfulness of the LRG River City Girls cover honestly. Now I need to decide if I want it for Switch or PS4. Leaning towards Switch right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they shown the BB version yet? If you are talking about the asia/jp version art, then that's marked in the upper right corner (see pic below) as "Not Final Artwork!" ... though that may simply be since there's no rating on the box or company branding. From a distance the LRG version has the readhead with a beard

Gah i hate you now I can't unsee the beard!

Gah i hate you now I can't unsee the beard!
I can't unsee it either. What's odd is it's the only art piece I've seen for the game using that shading technique.

Also for anyone importing the Asia version of River City Girls, it includes the soundtrack. Only the BB version is getting the soundtrack removed by LRG. Either way it's a sampler type soundtrack rather than a real soundtrack anyway. The only thing not clear on the Asia version is if the audio has an English option. It has English text. Hopefully with the asia/jp phsyicals out at launch of the game it'll be reported on pretty quick what options the game includes since it'll still be within the preorder window.

So now it’s just the game boxes with no actual games. Makes sense since this stuff is likely never opened. Who knows what’s inside?

Almost 99% sure Wayforward confirmed English-only audio worldwide
eww, i was hoping for jp audio. I'm not a fan of the valley girl English audio.

On a side note Playasia has announced its delaying the physical asian /jp release. it's worded in a way hinting LRG influenced wayforward to delay Playasia to not affect their sales.

Almost 99% sure Wayforward confirmed English-only audio worldwide
That's awesome. I think I'm going to try and get the Asia (Switch) version from PlayAsia since it ships on the 5th rather than probably the end of the year or next year. The only downside is I'll have to treat the preorder like an old school LRG order and get in when they go live on the 2nd so as not to miss out on the first print.

eww, i was hoping for jp audio. I'm not a fan of the valley girl English audio.

On a side note Playasia has announced its delaying the physical asian /jp release. it's worded in a way hinting LRG influenced wayforward to delay Playasia to not affect their sales.
I think the development being done at Wayforward limited the localization to include other language audio.

It's theorized LRG had something in the contract to guarantee they'd be the first ones to offer it. So it's on sale the 30th with LRG then the 2nd (or 3rd pending time zones I guess) it's live on PA. Whatever the case, it's a shame since they probably could have got a lot more preorders for this in advance had they not had to pull the listing when it went up back in July.

That's awesome. I think I'm going to try and get the Asia (Switch) version from PlayAsia since it ships on the 5th rather than probably the end of the year or next year. The only downside is I'll have to treat the preorder like an old school LRG order and get in when they go live on the 2nd so as not to miss out on the first print.

I think the development being done at Wayforward limited the localization to include other language audio.

It's theorized LRG had something in the contract to guarantee they'd be the first ones to offer it. So it's on sale the 30th with LRG then the 2nd (or 3rd pending time zones I guess) it's live on PA. Whatever the case, it's a shame since they probably could have got a lot more preorders for this in advance had they not had to pull the listing when it went up back in July.
sketchy

after next week 7 vita games left 8 if you count free game if you have a full LRG vita set

3a6947220356744818005eebcc96d3a7.jpg
Rocketbirds 1+2 and the two Damascus Gear games are going on sale at the same time (in pairs, not all four at once). So with those combined it should just be five more release days. Thank goodness, I'm really tired of the minute sell-outs.

I don't even enjoy that style of gameplay but I'm starting to want this game just from the advertisement spam on Twitter.

The little knickknacks in the collector's edition are actually pretty cool. Better than most of the pad items that are included in a lot of other CEs. At least there's no soundtrack on cassette... but I'm not a fan of the non-functioning game carts. I'd wish they'd cut that shit out. They're not that appealing to display. Waste of money. Put that towards better stuff like artbooks.

I still hold that every CE should include a soundtrack and an artbook. Those should be like the first two things. fuck low quality plushies or figures, fuck fake carts, fuck unusable, anachronistic media. Gimme that soundtrack and high-quality art.

The little knickknacks in the collector's edition are actually pretty cool. Better than most of the pad items that are included in a lot of other CEs. At least there's no soundtrack on cassette... but I'm not a fan of the non-functioning game carts. I'd wish they'd cut that shit out. They're not that appealing to display. Waste of money. Put that towards better stuff like artbooks.

I still hold that every CE should include a soundtrack and an artbook. Those should be like the first two things. fuck low quality plushies or figures, fuck fake carts, fuck unusable, anachronistic media. Gimme that soundtrack and high-quality art.
The cart is no different than the concert tickets, student id, and poster. It's a item that has no other purpose than to be displayed and is useless otherwise.

I'm sure some people like the carts, just like you like the other stuff you didn't complain about, and me I think it's all garbage that I'd had no use for or want.

The cart is no different than the concert tickets, student id, and poster. It's a item that has no other purpose than to be displayed and is useless otherwise.

I'm sure some people like the carts, just like you like the other stuff you didn't complain about, and me I think it's all garbage that I'd had no use for or want.
I literally said that the carts weren't appealing to display. That establishes a difference. Most people who have loose cartridges, including myself, just have them lined up on a shelf with only their spine visible. Creating novelty items from the actual games has more appeal, and of course I'm speaking from my opinion, but a hunk of plastic with a small art print on it just does not carry the same appeal as a physical representation of something like a burger restaurant's menu from the actual continuity of the game.

I mean, objectively, cartridges are an extremely poor means of displaying art... and outside of that, you're just looking at a cumbersome piece of plastic. I mean, do you honestly find a fake cartridge to be on the same level as replica items from the source material? As a fan, I'd much rather display unique and visually interesting items over a non-functioning fake of something I'd normally shove on my shelf and wish I had the original packaging so it would look more presentable.

People literally spend hundreds of dollars buying custom video game cases to house their loose cartridges in so they actually look nice.

I love plushies with my LEs. Only reason I buy them now, which is why I have the Catherine Remake coming as that and why I got the Persona Q 2 LE. Other than that I like art books and soundtracks. Everything else is whatever, although I am going to make use of the Yakuza 6 glasses.

I love plushies with my LEs. Only reason I buy them now, which is why I have the Catherine Remake coming as that and why I got the Persona Q 2 LE. Other than that I like art books and soundtracks. Everything else is whatever, although I am going to make use of the Yakuza 6 glasses.
I don't like cheap ones. In larger CEs they can be okay. But when they're put into lower priced CEs and are so low quality they barely resemble what they are meant to, then they're basically trash. *cough*Dust*cough*

Steelbooks, figures, and plushes are what I look for in CEs personally. Artbooks are cool, but I don't know that I've ever looked through one more than a handful of times, and I don't think I've ever actually put a soundtrack CD in a CD player.

Other paper products like posters, art cards, or the movie tickets/IDs from the River Girls CE just feel like cheap ways to fluff the profit margin to me. Five cents to print each off, add $20 to the price and people eat it up for some reason.

I understand the appeal for cartridges and they are a little more work and cost, but it's not my cup of tea. I don't like loose carts personally, but most of my collection is disc-based so that's more of an individual thing.

I'll be picking up a standard for River Girls, and I generally pass on LRG CEs. Beyond the value proposition being underwhelming, they also tend to get delayed into oblivion moreso than the standard editions.

fuck soundtracks and artbooks. That's the shit places should pack in free or as preorder gifts, CE's need fun stuff that stands out and makes sense for the game, not throw-away trash that cost barely a thing to make but we get jacked up prices for like those two things.

Yeah, I gave up hopes on this happening years ago, so if it ever does happen, it will be a very welcome surprise. As for the soundtrack, it is AMAZING, and one of the very few I actually have in my digital music library. So I'm beyond happy to see some form of anything "Snatcher" at this point, but yeah a cassette tape is all but useless for me, but a good first step I suppose.
I'm shocked as to why Snatcher hasn't gotten a re-release of some kind. It doesn't seem like the most complicated game from the bit I've played so I can't imagine it would be too hard to program/port it to the PC or something. Guessing it might have something to do with lack of interest but given it's got Kojima's name tied to it.

I'm shocked as to why Snatcher hasn't gotten a re-release of some kind. It doesn't seem like the most complicated game from the bit I've played so I can't imagine it would be too hard to program/port it to the PC or something. Guessing it might have something to do with lack of interest but given it's got Kojima's name tied to it.
I completely agree, as just going by the prices for the Sega CD version on Ebay shows me the level of "demand" that title currently has. This may sound crazy, but I would guess maybe this is a lead up for LRG to re-offer the Sega CD game perhaps(or that version offered on another system like the PC, NS, PS4)? That would for sure be a killer title for LRG to be able to offer in some form, as it's an AMAZING game that few have the means of playing currently.

How cool would it be on to enter the Konami code on the PCE/TG16 mini and then get to play Snatcher in English? I know right, way to cool for Konami I'm sure, but they have surprised me several times this year, so who knows?

Steelbooks, figures, and plushes are what I look for in CEs personally. Artbooks are cool, but I don't know that I've ever looked through one more than a handful of times, and I don't think I've ever actually put a soundtrack CD in a CD player.

Other paper products like posters, art cards, or the movie tickets/IDs from the River Girls CE just feel like cheap ways to fluff the profit margin to me. Five cents to print each off, add $20 to the price and people eat it up for some reason.

I understand the appeal for cartridges and they are a little more work and cost, but it's not my cup of tea. I don't like loose carts personally, but most of my collection is disc-based so that's more of an individual thing.

I'll be picking up a standard for River Girls, and I generally pass on LRG CEs. Beyond the value proposition being underwhelming, they also tend to get delayed into oblivion moreso than the standard editions.
I can see why people like steelbooks, but they present the same problem as GOTY editions, for me. I hate inconsistency. That one spine that stands out. I hate it.

As for figures, I never want this in a CE. I collect figures, and there's ALWAYS a significant drop in quality when it comes to game CEs. They end up taking up space that I'd rather give to something with quality.

CDs and Artbooks are hometown for me. CDs gives me a digital and physical library at the same time, as I can easily rip the songs and I can still keep a physical collection. I also appreciate being able to look through a game's art assets on paper... but I'm the guy who won't buy digital comics.

fuck soundtracks and artbooks. That's the shit places should pack in free or as preorder gifts, CE's need fun stuff that stands out and makes sense for the game, not throw-away trash that cost barely a thing to make but we get jacked up prices for like those two things.
Wonderful, detailed contribution.

both ps4 and switch collector edition and standard edition are open preorder and will be sold at best buy

PREORDERS CLOSE ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH AT 11:59PM EASTERN TIME. A SMALL NUMBER OF COPIES MAY BE AVAILABLE BEYOND THE OPEN PREORDER DATE.
oh? is this the first time a ps4 game will be picked up by best buy?

Wonderful, detailed contribution.
Dude's just joining in saying what he'd like in CEs, just like you did, I don't see why this response is necessary.

I, too, prefer physical items that aren't easily available online for free to everyone via digital files.

My first CE ever was Growlanser Generations on PS2. It came with a ring, a watch, a necklace, and more, all for $80.

I don't expect that much nowadays, but I'd prefer any single one of those items to an art book or OST.

bread's done
Back