Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Dude's just joining in saying what he'd like in CEs, just like you did, I don't see why this response is necessary.
Right, "fun stuff."

I actually wore the Lunar 2 pendant for like 2 years. That was a cool addition to that package.
Lol, I wore that a few times to middle school. I actually remember bringing the box-set in my backpack and during class I would secretly read the guide that came with it and stare at the picture of the female protagonist's nude scene.

I still have my original copy that I got from Toys 'R Us. Only thing I lost was the black pouch the necklace came in. Still kinda urks me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just over here wondering where the VA-11 HALL-A Switch preorder is, since it was supposed to be in the summer and we're near September, and hoping for a Switch CrossCode release. 

I'm just over here wondering where the VA-11 HALL-A Switch preorder is, since it was supposed to be in the summer and we're near September, and hoping for a Switch CrossCode release.
Welcome to LRG, where the release dates are made up and shipping dates don't matter.

Unrelated, but it also looks like Revenant Dogma for Vita is two per person. Hoping it's a mistake and they correct it with how quickly the last few games have sold:

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/limited-run-246-revenant-dogma-vita

Welcome to LRG, where the release dates are made up and shipping dates don't matter.

Unrelated, but it also looks like Revenant Dogma for Vita is two per person. Hoping it's a mistake and they correct it with how quickly the last few games have sold:

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/limited-run-246-revenant-dogma-vita
Even when it's one per, they don't change it until minutes before the item is offered more often than not, which seems like more madness, but LRG knows best, so here we are. LOL

This may sound crazy, but I would guess maybe this is a lead up for LRG to re-offer the Sega CD game perhaps
This isn't a very crazy theory at all. In fact, the only real obstacle to something like this happening is licensing. That's it. If LRG was able to secure the necessary licensing from Konami and Sega, it would basically be a done deal. With a title as old and niche as Snatcher, there is no real risk for either Sega or Konami with a reprint spear-headed by LRG. The original Sega CD had almost no copy protection to speak of, and no proprietary format, so there would be no technical hurdles. All you have to do is print a CD disc with the proper version of the software on it, and you're done.

If such a thing WERE to happen, I would hope that it would be a proper LRG release, and not just a pure "reprint." I would much rather see a new release with custom cover art, disc art, and possibly a re-formatted instruction booklet. A 1-1 reproduction holds much less appeal to me, and wouldn't go over as well with the collector market. But a LRG-style re-release would actually be pretty great, and wouldn't upset collectors. It would also give LRG something else to do with those long-boxes they've been producing. They're great long-boxes, but a re-release of classic rare Sega CD games would be a fantastic way to utilize them.

So Best Buy will Carry Turok 1, Turok 2, River City Girls, and Gunvolt Chronicles. I wonder if I should get the from Limited Run, but they don't offer free shipping....  

I wonder if it's Castle Crashers. I'm under the impression the game was supposed to be out by now, but they are doing bug fixes. The Behemoth has been saying "Summer" for like six months.

Just took a look at my account page and I have 22 unfilfilled orders. I'm still waiting on Jak 3 Collector's and Lumines Ultimate Editions because I preordered Minit, and Jak 2 CE because I preordered fucking Celeste. I wish they'd just ship my big expensive shit instead of having it take up space, but I assume I'll just get a smarmy response if I try to contact them about it.

Just added my order totals and it's $2,077.62 that I've fronted them. I hope Josh spends the money on some good 32X games and Doug finally fixes his toilet.

In making sure I really want River City Girls, I finally took some time with the PS3 to play some Double Dragon Neon (also from Wayforward). Overall, it was decent and somewhat nostalgic but I didn't find the experience particularly fun. I'm not sure Wayforward can pull this off. So, I'm going to sit out the preorder. If it turns out excellent there will be plenty of ways to get this game physical or I could just go digital.

Just added my order totals and it's $2,077.62 that I've fronted them.
Wow, what made you spend so much? Are you flipping the games, a hardcore collector, or just bit by the spending bug or something?

I think so far this year on games alone (not hardware), I've spent maybe $250.

In making sure I really want River City Girls, I finally took some time with the PS3 to play some Double Dragon Neon (also from Wayforward). Overall, it was decent and somewhat nostalgic but I didn't find the experience particularly fun. I'm not sure Wayforward can pull this off. So, I'm going to sit out the preorder. If it turns out excellent there will be plenty of ways to get this game physical or I could just go digital.
The open pre-order window is also a month, so you have the opportunity to wait for reviews or watch some gameplay beforehand to inform your decision. IIRC the game releases digitally on 9/5.

I enjoy beat em ups no matter how janky. Played so many during the 90s and such. This one looks pretty fun though. I just wish I had a 2 player co-op partner for most of them now....

Just took a look at my account page and I have 22 unfilfilled orders. I'm still waiting on Jak 3 Collector's and Lumines Ultimate Editions because I preordered Minit, and Jak 2 CE because I preordered fucking Celeste. I wish they'd just ship my big expensive shit instead of having it take up space, but I assume I'll just get a smarmy response if I try to contact them about it.

Just added my order totals and it's $2,077.62 that I've fronted them. I hope Josh spends the money on some good 32X games and Doug finally fixes his toilet.
You can open a support ticket to have your Celeste order split due to the delay.

https://limitedrungames.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Since there are so many good digital deals going on, and I prefer physical copies, I emailed castle pixel and super giant games to check if they are going to have physical copies of blossom tales or bastion for switch. Castle pixel says they are 50/50 on going physical, supergiant says they have no plans for a physical switch copy of bastion but may be open to it in the future.

Don't know if that helps anyone with purchasing decisions. I decided to grab bastion since it is such a low price. Still split on whether or not to grab blossom tales.

At least for river city, best buy will only have the switch version.
Also, Gunvolt Chronicles seems to be a bit of a mystery regarding if Best Buy will carry it. All 4 descriptions (PS4 and Switch, standard and CE) mention that BB will have stock, but I highly doubt they are carrying all versions. My guess is BB will only be carrying the Switch standard Edition of Gunvolt Chronicles.

Also, Gunvolt Chronicles seems to be a bit of a mystery regarding if Best Buy will carry it. All 4 descriptions (PS4 and Switch, standard and CE) mention that BB will have stock, but I highly doubt they are carrying all versions. My guess is BB will only be carrying the Switch standard Edition of Gunvolt Chronicles.
I think LRG realizes they could post that message in every entry to cover their asses.

The message also mentions different cover art, but this isn't an actual LRG game, and Josh confirmed on Twitter that it would be the same cover and a small amount at Best Buy. I think that message is generic and can't be taken at face value.

I think LRG realizes they could post that message in every entry to cover their asses.
The message also mentions different cover art, but this isn't an actual LRG game, and Josh confirmed on Twitter that it would be the same cover and a small about at Best Buy. I think that message is generic and can't be taken at face value.
The info got copied over and not edited (that's updated now), the Best Buy copies won't have alt art.

I'm curious, do you guys who order from LRG get cases with slit marks on the side? It frequently happens to games ordered from Best Buy and Amazon. Just happened with my Fire Emblem and Collection of Mana cases. It's getting frustrating, as it's happened over a dozen times now, including many full-price titles. I tried looking up this issue, but didn't see any similar complaints online. Maybe I'm just too picky, but this only seems to happen with Switch games.

Last edited:
I'm curious, do you guys who order from LRG get cases with slit marks on the side? It frequently happens to games ordered from Best Buy and Amazon. Just happened with my Fire Emblem and Collection of Mana cases. It's getting frustrating, as it's happened over a dozen times now, including many full-price titles. I tried looking up this issue, but didn't see any similar complaints online. Maybe I'm just too picky, but this only seems to happen with Switch games.
Yes, from BestBuy, I get them like that all the time and it drives me nuts

Yes, from BestBuy, I get them like that all the time and it drives me nuts
Thanks for answering. Do you usually end up exchanging them or keeping them? I might go in to exchange despite it being a hassle, but I always worry they'll ban for too many exchanges or returns.

Wow, what made you spend so much? Are you flipping the games, a hardcore collector, or just bit by the spending bug or something?

I think so far this year on games alone (not hardware), I've spent maybe $250.
I'm an idiot and I'm going for a full PS4/Vita set (with a CE here and there if I can afford it), and it averages out to ~$100 an order. I'm kinda getting over it though, in the last 6 months I've missed 4 games and a CE I wanted because I didn't have the money or the motivation to come up with the money and have nothing to show for 3+ months.

Edited this post because they read this thread and now I have to eat shit and ask support to do me a solid after mocking Josh and Doug.

Thanks for answering. Do you usually end up exchanging them or keeping them? I might go in to exchange despite it being a hassle, but I always worry they'll ban for too many exchanges or returns.
I return everything with some kind of defect or if there is a copy in-store in better condition. The number of returns/rebuys I do is insane - if they aren't banning me, they aren't banning anybody. Then again, I spend a ton at Best Buy, and most of the time a return is followed by a re-buy. Anyone trying to analyze what in the world I'm doing based on transaction history will have to just think I'm insane. I easily end up way past the Elite Plus threshold every year, though.

And, no, I'm not keeping anything with a spine slash. I won't keep it if the cover art shows stress creases from being smashed during shipping (I rarely order games to be shipped from Best Buy due to them being shipped in those flimsy plastic envelopes).

I assume that most banning stories will involve higher priced returns. I could get away with returning a ton of media. If I returned two high end laptops, it would probably be a different story.

I return everything with some kind of defect or if there is a copy in-store in better condition. The number of returns/rebuys I do is insane - if they aren't banning me, they aren't banning anybody. Then again, I spend a ton at Best Buy, and most of the time a return is followed by a re-buy. Anyone trying to analyze what in the world I'm doing based on transaction history will have to just think I'm insane. I easily end up way past the Elite Plus threshold every year, though.
And, no, I'm not keeping anything with a spine slash. I won't keep it if the cover art shows stress creases from being smashed during shipping (I rarely order games to be shipped from Best Buy due to them being shipped in those flimsy plastic envelopes).

I assume that most banning stories will involve higher priced returns. I could get away with returning a ton of media. If I returned two high end laptops, it would probably be a different story.

Thanks for the info, sounds like there's probably not much to worry about with exchanges then. Too late for Fire Emblem, unfortunately, but I'll probably exchange Mana. When I've exchanged in the past the employees would sometimes act like I was doing something wrong, but at least I probably won't get banned since I only do it when it's damaged.

Thanks for the info, sounds like there's probably not much to worry about with exchanges then. Too late for Fire Emblem, unfortunately, but I'll probably exchange Mana. When I've exchanged in the past the employees would sometimes act like I was doing something wrong, but at least I probably won't get banned since I only do it when it's damaged.

I'm an idiot and I'm going for a full PS4/Vita set (with a CE here and there if I can afford it), and it averages out to ~$100 an order. I'm kinda getting over it though, in the last 6 months I've missed 4 games and a CE I wanted because I didn't have the money or the motivation to come up with the money and have nothing to show for 3+ months.

Edited this post because they read this thread and now I have to eat shit and ask support to do me a solid after mocking Josh and Doug.
At least the vita is nearly over! I nearly fell down that rabbit hole but opted out after Breach & Clear. I appreciate the response to your motivation. I used to be addicted to bargain game shopping which snowballed into collecting for a while. I'm glad I have worked my way out of that. This year I've not added to my backlog and have actually shrank it considerably.

They may be thin skinned individuals but I don't think Josh or Doug actually handle customer support. So you'll be dealing with someone else completely. If it's the one public LRG employee that does post in the thread hopefully they are decent enough to understand people get frustrated and that's going to come out one way or another and to not take it personally.

I see everything! :p

No worries though, I get the frustration, and honestly the original post was pretty tame in comparison to some of the stuff we get sent.

Night in the Woods LRG release has been delayed in relation to the issues with Alec Holowka

https://twitter.com/NightInTheWoods/status/1166779001320419329

Night in the Woods LRG release has been delayed in relation to the issues with Alec Holowka

https://twitter.com/NightInTheWoods/status/1166779001320419329
I swear I wish in this country if you publicly call someone out for that kind of shit and you can't back it up in court and get a guilty conviction the accuser should be forced to pay a HEAVY fine to other person and make a public apology. Regardless of what the outcome that guy is screwed over a simple accusation on twitter of all things. And I'm sorry but if Twitter is your first stop to call out sexual assault then I dont believe you.

Is this game even available yet? There is little info that I can see. This would be one trend I’m against with LRG. Gunvolt, River City, any game that isn’t even out yet and you are hedging bets that it’s worth the preorder.

bread's done
Back