Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Figured this would happen. Zoe Quinn strikes again.
How dare she not enjoy the uncalled for sexual advances (and more) from men in the industry that keep preying on fellow developers and treat them like shit! No, wait, fuck predatory Alec Holowka for his disgusting behavior and fuck you for not recognizing who's really to blame here. The two other developers made the call to postpone the release, not Zoe Quinn. NOT Alec's victim.

How dare she not enjoy the uncalled for sexual advances (and more) from men in the industry that keep preying on fellow developers and treat them like shit! No, wait, fuck predatory Alec Holowka for his disgusting behavior and fuck you for not recognizing who's really to blame here. The two other developers made the call to postpone the release, not Zoe Quinn. NOT Alec's victim.
If you're taking sexual abuse allegations to Twitter and nowhere else then I do not believe you.

And don't forget this is on Twitter and is an ACCUSATION. You have automatically decided she is right when you dont know anything and judged those guys as guilty. She hasn't won a court case, no jury decision, no proof of anything, there isn't even a police report filed. She got on twitter, made an accusation and walked away.

It's people like her that has turned me into a victim blamer.

If you're taking sexual abuse allegations to Twitter and nowhere else then I do not believe you.

And don't forget this is on Twitter and is an ACCUSATION. You have automatically decided she is right when you dont know anything and judged those guys as guilty. She hasn't won a court case, no jury decision, no proof of anything, there isn't even a police report filed. She got on twitter, made an accusation and walked away.

Mic.fucking.Drop

WRECKEDDDDDD

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you're not look objectively at facts (Two people who are not Zoe Quinn have decided to post pone their physical release of a game) and pile on to immediately piling on and blaming a victim for being a victim because they (apparently) cannot be a victim UNTIL they have 100% proven their victim status in a court of law (as you obviously have a lot of background info on where and when they've reported it and know that it's only been on twitter), then yeah, obviously she personally delayed the physical release of the game.

I cannot believe how wrong I was.

If you're not look objectively at facts (Two people who are not Zoe Quinn have decided to post pone their physical release of a game) and pile on to immediately piling on and blaming a victim for being a victim because they (apparently) cannot be a victim UNTIL they have 100% proven their victim status in a court of law (as you obviously have a lot of background info on where and when they've reported it and know that it's only been on twitter), then yeah, obviously she personally delayed the physical release of the game.

I cannot believe how wrong I was.
Bruh she's not gonna sleep with you, you don't need to white knight so hard.

FYI, Project Lux is supposed to start shipping soon as they got in their copies on Thursday.  That and a shit ton of other games too.  This was mentioned in the most recent Fireside Chat.

You know things are bad for Vita owners when a generic Kemco RPG priced $5 more than it should be sells out in under 2 minutes.

I picked up the collector edition for Switch too. The new check out kinda sucks, seems like there’s a decent chance you’ll be bounced to a prior screen.

You know things are bad for Vita owners when a generic Kemco RPG priced $5 more than it should be sells out in under 2 minutes.
Yeah, being another Kemco mobile port I figured it wouldn't be worth it, but looked up some gameplay videos just in case and... yikes. Nothing about it looked interesting or fun in the slightest, I'm pretty sure some of the music was lifted from Revenant Saga (if I'm remembering the gameplay videos I also watched from that correctly) which reeks of pure laziness, and the Vita version especially looked to be crippled for no reason by a terrible frame rate and even worse battle animations than normal. Like, even walking around in the super bland-looking 2D overworld appeared to be choppy as hell. More power to anyone that actually wants to play it, I hope you enjoy it, but for all the people buying it just to fill out their complete Vita set... I'm sorry. Or maybe that's the only reason and what's on the cart is irrelevant.

Vita owners trying to complete collections for sure. I wish I could know how many of these copies will be played. I'm guessing like 10 will overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully some RCG reviews start to pop up soon. So far there's nothing. I was hoping someone would have early access and there wouldn't be a review embargo preventing us from learning about the final game before Tuesday. Hopefully they aren't trying to hide how the game turned out.

Got my copy of River City Girls CE for Switch. Pretty happy, but also worried a out the horror stories of games shipping late...
Temper your expectations that it's shipping anytime near October let alone even this year. That'll help the worry. The only games they ship at a reasonable speed right now are the regular vita games since they are all manufactured and ready.

Just tack on 90-120 days after the announced shipping date and you’re golden
This is a pretty realistic estimate.

Five more Vita release dates to go guys, the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight. Meat Boy is probably going to be particularly brutal, so I'm really not looking forward to that. I also have no clue why they reverted to 2 per person for Revenant Dogma, I don't think there's a real risk of any of the Vita titles not selling through at this point.

Anyhow, Shipping/production updates since 8/16 below, changes in bold.

Marked as Shipped/Removed from Production Updates since 8/16:

• Aegis Defenders (PS4 + Switch)
  • Pix the Cat (PS4)
  • Metal Slug 3 (Vita)
  • Atari Flashback Collection (Vita)
  • Battle Garegga Rev. 2016 (PS4 CE)

Shipping in Progress/Shipping "Soon"

• Momodora (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Atari Flashback Collection (Vita Deluxe)
  • A Hole New World NES OST
  • Toe Jam & Earl Funkothon Retro Cases
  • The House in Fata Morgana (Vita CE + PS4 CE)
  • The Messenger (PS4 + Switch)
  • Minit (PS4 + Switch)
  • Psychonauts (PS4)
  • Oddworld: New & Tasty (PS3 CE)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4)
  • Teslagrad (Vita)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4)
  • Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch)
  • Accounting+ (PS4)
  • Transistor (PS4)
  • Red Faction (PS4)
  • Gravity Ghost (PS4)
  • Project Lux (PSVR)
  • Frog Fractions 2 (PC)
  • Bubsy: Paws on Fire (Switch)

August

• Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64 + N64 CE)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4 CE)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4 CE)
  • Super ComboMan (PS4)
September

• Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch CE)
  • Giga Wrecker Alt (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • Freedom Planet (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Slime-san (PS4)
  • Psychonauts (PS4 CE)
  • Accounting+ (PS4 CE)
  • Transistor (PS4 CE)
  • Corpse Killer (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Star Wars (GameBoy + GameBoy CE)
  • Star Wars (NES + NES CE)
  • Rogue Legacy (PS4)
  • Red Matter (PSVR)
  • Metal Slug 3 (PS4)
  • Hover (PS4)
  • Tharsis (PS4)
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES + NES CE + Game Boy + Game Boy CE)
October

• Bard's Tale (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Transistor (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Teslagrad (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Red Faction (PS4 CE)
  • Red Faction Vinyl
  • Hover (Vinyl + Artbook)
November

• Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Rogue Legacy (Switch)
  • Double Switch (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Double Switch (PC CE)
  • Timespinner (PS4 + Switch)
  • Turok (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Switch + Switch CE)

No Date/TBA

• Celeste (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE + PC CE)
  • Double Switch Vinyl
  • AI: The Somnium Files (PC)
  • River City Girls (Switch + Switch CE + PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • River City Girls Vinyl
  • Revenant Dogma (PS4 + Vita)
  • Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)

Of note:

• LRG picked up the pace a little, but they only shipped 6 SKUs in the past 2 weeks (and 10 total in August)
  • Project Lux finally got a date and should be shipping soon
  • LRG has 96 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 192k units of already-sold product.This is up six SKUs from two weeks ago (even with a break week)
  • Last year, in Q3/Q4 LRG wasn't able to get their games pushed through Sony's production process due to a lot of other big name games being released and needing that factory time. I expect the same to happen this year, which will only compound the delays.
  • LRG lists over 20 games as shipping now or shipping soon, if their current pace keeps up that will take them about two months to ship out. I believe everything in this category is stuff they have on hand so hopefully the pace picks up, but I would interpret anything listed as September for October/November and so on if you're trying to figure out when you'll get your items.

I'm weak. I went ahead and got the standard 2-pack of Turok games along with today's order. I've never been the biggest Turok fan, but I do like NightDive's work, and the retro-aesthetic of 90's FPS speaks to me.

On the other hand, I DID hold off on picking up another Kemco RPG, so that's progress at least.

River City Girls and Gunvolt Chronicles standard editions for Switch both went in the cart. I'm a very big fan of Wayforward's output, and Inti Creates is also a solid developer who I like. They are both studios who have a history of high quality 2D work. (and sometimes 2.5D)

Has anyone played either of the two Damascus Gear games and can vouch for them? These could very well be my last Vita purchases, but i'm not sure honestly.

River City Girls and Gunvolt Chronicles standard editions for Switch both went in the cart. I'm a very big fan of Wayforward's output, and Inti Creates is also a solid developer who I like. They are both studios who have a history of high quality 2D work. (and sometimes 2.5D)
I'm debating doing this vs hoping BB stocks both.

Picked up River City Girls- missed this AM but was able to come in at 3 minutes after the evening batch went live and was able to order... after a LOT of trouble with the checkout process. Had to re-log in twice, and then re-add them to my cart. Guessing evening batches are much bigger now because I was worried I'd miss them given how quick people suggested the morning batch went. 

Their new site is ass. 

Did they change the way the cart works because FFS it took six minutes to check out?
Noticed this as well. I used to pre-log into PayPal on another tab then click the PayPal button on their site in the cart, which would push me right through with my order. Clicking the PayPal button today took a long time and reverted me back to the cart page for a Credit Card payment. I had to manually select PayPal from the Payment Options list there and go through the PayPal process twice. Reason I missed Revenant Dogma this morning. Luckily, got it this afternoon, but they still hadn't fixed the issue.

Noticed this as well. I used to pre-log into PayPal on another tab then click the PayPal button on their site in the cart, which would push me right through with my order. Clicking the PayPal button today took a long time and reverted me back to the cart page for a Credit Card payment. I had to manually select PayPal from the Payment Options list there and go through the PayPal process twice. Reason I missed Revenant Dogma this morning. Luckily, got it this afternoon, but they still hadn't fixed the issue.
Exact same for me in AM.

I've had similar issues with the old site design (logged in with PayPal, got kicked out to manually enter payment method). I think Shopify just kinda breaks when enough people hit it at once, which is pretty much every week for LRG now.

I don't understand how someone, not planning on reselling it, justifies buying the River City Girls vinyl album set when they haven't even released music samples.

so Damascus is the HD port with 720p upgrade for the ps4 version while the regular versions are on the vita.

Is there any difference on the HD versions besides being upscaled?

so Damascus is the HD port with 720p upgrade for the ps4 version while the regular versions are on the vita.

Is there any difference on the HD versions besides being upscaled?
I played one of them on Vita and the framerate was pretty bad. I hope that's fixed too.

Probably been addressed already but, does LRG plan to sell any of the PAX West stuff on their site? I just saw the Shantae 7 Sirens item and there's also the Snatcher cassette.... but mostly just want the Shantae item since I'm a fan of the series. 

Probably been addressed already but, does LRG plan to sell any of the PAX West stuff on their site? I just saw the Shantae 7 Sirens item and there's also the Snatcher cassette.... but mostly just want the Shantae item since I'm a fan of the series.
Not sure if it applied to everything, but they did say they would sell leftovers on the site if there are any.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, the only item I saw mentioned specifically was the Snatcher soundtrack was to be sold after the fact. But in the past, this has applied to everything they offer, so long as inventory is left. Which to my knowledge has been everything, at least all the show items I ever wanted, and often these are less of a fight to get than some standard releases.

The TJ&E cases went pretty quickly last year. I’m hopping to get a Snatcher cassette, but wouldn’t be surprised if I missed it.

The Shantae 5 logo pin is awesome. Reminds me of an early 90s sequel teaser I might have seen in GamePro.

Not sure if it applied to everything, but they did say they would sell leftovers on the site if there are any.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah, the only item I saw mentioned specifically was the Snatcher soundtrack was to be sold after the fact. But in the past, this has applied to everything they offer, so long as inventory is left. Which to my knowledge has been everything, at least all the show items I ever wanted, and often these are less of a fight to get than some standard releases.
The TJ&E cases went pretty quickly last year. I’m hopping to get a Snatcher cassette, but wouldn’t be surprised if I missed it.

The Shantae 5 logo pin is awesome. Reminds me of an early 90s sequel teaser I might have seen in GamePro.
My luck with LRG's new site has not exactly filled me with confidence on being able to snag anything in limited numbers. I ordered from them about a month ago when (I think) they had just revamped their site) and had a ton of issues with checking out and when I ordered from them on Friday, it seemed like they didn't bother fixing any of the issues (and actually seemed worse than before).

I'm temped to just say fuck it and pay $160 for the Snatcher cassette and Shantae set.

I played one of them on Vita and the framerate was pretty bad. I hope that's fixed too.
oof! based on LRG's track record and rush to get vita games approved before deadline, i highly doubt the frame rate or anything else was improved which would require a new approval from Sony.

I'm pretty much convincing myself to not bother with it anymore. It isn't an exclusive vita game. It's also an inferior version with less features.

Maybe I'll get it for ps4 or not at all and get it digital on sale. idk

LRG shipped a metal slug variant that the ESRB didn't approve apparently, might be worth holding your copy if you get that cover. Josh is busy covering it up on discord, hope they get fined

bread's done
Back