Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Were there really 2000 regular and 2000 bundles for each of the Vita versions of the games? That is what was listed this morning. That would be almost double what we have been getting lately. Might explain availability.

Were there really 2000 regular and 2000 bundles for each of the Vita versions of the games? That is what was listed this morning. That would be almost double what we have been getting lately. Might explain availability.
no its 2000 of each vita game I don't know why its listed like that usually they would post how many music cd they printed

The audio for all versions is supposed to be English. The Asia version includes other languages beyond English for the text. Beyond the cover art difference, the early orders on the PA version get a 2 disc asia exclusive soundtrack. The regular LRG verison gets a single disc music sampler style soundtrack. The soundtrack they are offering for the Asia version is different than the one included with the CE version of RCG from LRG. It's not clear how the soundtracks differ since no one has them to compare. Also, it's possible to be too late for the Asia soundtrack and not get it though it is still listed on the order page. Lastly, the Asia version had stock showing up within the week, now it's set for 2 to 4 weeks before the batch arrives, meaning either there was a slight delay or the current batch set to arrive now is sold out and they have more on the way. Either way, it won't ship immediately which is a bummer, but it makes sense considering LRG killed the preorders for this game and they had to guess how many to order for the initial batch.

Also, there are PA discount codes like NDEAL which cut 5% off thus making it the cheaper option.

Beyond this, the LRG version being sold at BB includes no soundtrack. But those with GCU can at least save even more than the PA version with a coupon code or even buying it digital.
Thanks! This is SUPER helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really torn... on impulse I want it, looks beautiful and that Dreamcast case especially is awesome. But having already thrown a lot of money at the Kickstarter campaign, I really don't need a second copy of the game, and the release of the game being such a mess is really off-putting. So now I've got the Kickstarter copy coming with some overpriced bonuses from that because I thought it would be the only way to get a physical/CE edition of the game, and now this version, and a steelbook that I would have to preorder at Best Buy to get, and apparently another version of the mirror from Gamestop, and there's already DLC and season pass nonsense in the works because of course there is...

I feel like they're really not doing right by all the people who had enough enthusiasm and faith in the project to invest in them. For what started off as such an outburst of joy at the revival of the series, now it just feels like they're taking advantage of their customers and milking the thing for all it's worth.

Of course, I am nothing if not a consumer whore with a weak spot for nostalgia and CE's of series that I like, so who am I kidding, I'll probably buy it anyway.

and there's already DLC and season pass nonsense in the works because of course there is...

I feel like they're really not doing right by all the people who had enough enthusiasm and faith in the project to invest in them.
20th Anniversary of the DC launching in the USA is today (9/9/99 - 9/9/19)! Coicidentally it's also my oldest son's 20th birthday and that's part of the reason I had to wait a year for the DC. Shenmue ranks in my top gaming experiences of all time. I can't wait another 17+ years for the finale so hopefully the game isn't super rejected but makes enough to fund the finale to the series. So far the DLC sounds like extra fluff and not really anything needed for the game. So it doesn't really bother me. If it helps make the game enough money to fund a finale (Shenmue 4)... then I'll be grateful. I was 26 when Shenmue 1 came out... I'm 45 and Shenmue 3 is launching. I can't be in my 60's waiting for Shemue 4.. or if Shenmue 4 doesn't finish the story ... a Shenmue 5. Heck Yu Suzuki is 61!

It saddens me that so many people are rejecting Shenmue 3 because of what PC store they are going with. Yeah it sucks, but I think it's part of what they needed to do to secure enough funding to make this a reality. It's a timed exclusive. Same with doing multiple physical releases. It sort of sucks for the fans, but ... we are finally getting Shenmue 3, so I am just thankful that it's becoming a reality and it looks like a real continuation of Ryo's story.

There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for the Shenmue 3 CE from LRH. Or am I wrong?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It's been stifled by the confusing mess of CEs and contents available and folks that backed the Kickstarter feeling ripped off. There are different CEs for each region and a lot of the contents are pieced out to various retailers.

I had to wait in line to checkout almost a minute, but I ended up picking up a Shenmue 3 LE.  Most likely going to just sell my Kickstarter copy now.

I'm considering selling my KS shenmue 3...it was an impulse buy. I tried 1 and 2 and wasn't so crazy about them. I probably won't play 3 if I'm honest, and there's a lot of stuff around that I DO want.

I'm considering selling my KS shenmue 3...it was an impulse buy. I tried 1 and 2 and wasn't so crazy about them. I probably won't play 3 if I'm honest, and there's a lot of stuff around that I DO want.
Yeah, I've tried so hard to get into Shenmue 1 back when it was released and just couldn't. The series is one of my brother's favorite but I just don't get it. I have the HD release but haven't touched them but really want to.

It's possible people were confused this was going up today. These non-friday releases are always a bit odd.

Yeah, I've tried so hard to get into Shenmue 1 back when it was released and just couldn't. The series is one of my brother's favorite but I just don't get it. I have the HD release but haven't touched them but really want to.
I think Shenmue is best when you can push all other games aside and play it for what it is. When you get past the intro to where the game opens up and you can chill out more then maybe you'll see the beauty that the diehard fans see in it. The amount of stuff you can interact with and find, the conversation trees for each and every character, the way the game world feels so alive, the mythology,... it was a revolution at its time. There's an added emotional element that I won't spoil that really surprised me like almost no other game. Add to that all the SEGA stuff in the game. From the Saturn you can get games for to play at Ryo's house to the capsule toys... the game tapped into a lot of nostalgia and made it feel like a world you were living in. Shenmue 2 took everything a step further by throwing Ryo out of his home and sending him to Hong Kong. The world is a treat to explore. The way it feels so overly foreign is great. And there's even more of that SEGA love thrown in.

But no doubt these games aren't for everyone. If you like open world games with a lot to experience... it's definitely worth it to just ignore the hype and give them a try with as open a mind as you can have. If you have no love for Sega from the old arcade days up through the Saturn and Dreamcast... well.. it may be harder to get into.... especially if you aren't a fan of mixed-genre gaming and open worlds. This isn't a game series to try and rush through and finish so you can jump to the next big thing, this is a game you have to let simmer to see the full beauty it has locked away inside.

Has anyone else received a CE from LRG lately? I haven't received one this year, but I finally got my Fata Morgana CE today. It was in a relatively tight box with one piece of crumpled paper for protection and got crunched in the mail. Last time I ordered a CE it was covered in so much bubble wrap that it was practically shipped in a cloud.

I already submitted the support ticket and everything, just didn't know if this had become common practice or if I got the short end of a stick.

Has anyone else received a CE from LRG lately? I haven't received one this year, but I finally got my Fata Morgana CE today. It was in a relatively tight box with one piece of crumpled paper for protection and got crunched in the mail. Last time I ordered a CE it was covered in so much bubble wrap that it was practically shipped in a cloud.

I already submitted the support ticket and everything, just didn't know if this had become common practice or if I got the short end of a stick.
It varies. I've had some recently that had a lot of bubble wrap, and others that have had crumpled brown paper and really not much else. I've only had one recent damage issue (Spelunky) and it was handled very quickly. Having said that, I do wish they would focus a little more on keeping the shipping boxes large enough to mitigate any small dents or crushing in transit and try better to not stack multiple CEs that don't have particularly strongly outer boxes. Frankly, I think they would be better off doing vertical packing rather than stacking heavy CEs on top of each other in a tall shipping box that will be more prone to damage.

I'm going to post this in the trading section, but does anyone have a PS4 copy of KOF 97 they are looking to sell or trade? I can do paypal, trade LRG games, etc.

Yep, pretty common. the TJ&E CE is in a non-rectangular box with little internal support and came just wrapped in paper so bent on a few sides.

Keep in mind Celeste carts will be in by the end of the month, but the actual retail packaging is handled separately. So it could be November before they actually start showing up. Maybe later for CEs if there’s an item that gets delayed. I don’t want anyone getting any false hope and miss the part where they said “cartridges”. This isn’t Sony that also packages the games.

Keep in mind Celeste carts will be in by the end of the month, but the actual retail packaging is handled separately. So it could be November before they actually start showing up. Maybe later for CEs if there’s an item that gets delayed. I don’t want anyone getting any false hope and miss the part where they said “cartridges”. This isn’t Sony that also packages the games.
At this point I hope all their Celeste CE contents have long since been acquired and the only thing they were waiting on was the game. They were only waiting on the DLC so there should be no excuse for any further CE delays of the game.

I'm pretty certain LRG had posted on Twitter many months ago that all the CE contents were received and they were just waiting for the cartridge. The steelbooks were ordered last year, so they definitely have those (they actually shipped a small number out in blind boxes). All that should be left is sealing the game and putting into boxes.

I'm pretty certain LRG had posted on Twitter many months ago that all the CE contents were received and they were just waiting for the cartridge. The steelbooks were ordered last year, so they definitely have those (they actually shipped a small number out in blind boxes). All that should be left is sealing the game and putting into boxes.
I'm pretty sure they use a third party for putting the games in their boxes and sealing them. I'm not sure if they ship the games to the packager or if they can just drive them over after they arrive... or if they are having them shipped directly to the packager. Every step in the process is time and shipping alone could eat a couple weeks in sending/receiving. Last year it took more than a month for the packager to handle Golf Story... so I'd use that as a measure for when they'll get done with Celeste. Especially if the packager also works for other companies (very likely) and has a rash of other holiday games to pack. I'm not sure if they pack the CE's in house or also have them handled by a third party. If the third party handles them, then it'll be a quicker turnaround. IF they handle them in house then there will be a slight delay between the games showing up sealed from the packer and then the CE's getting packaged even if they pre-package all the items except the game it'll add a delay. Given how quick they are at getting stuff done and how many other games could also be in the cue to ship... it's better to expect the worst.

I know it's been a long wait. I'm hoping to save someone some stress when the end of the month comes and there's no word on Celeste beyond cartridges arriving and then it's early October and nothing has shipped and people don't know why. Expecting November is a pretty safe bet, especially if there's a delay in cart production. If they can get it shipped before November, cool! If not, at least people weren't expecting the game to ship at the end of the month and the delay won't be as great.

Just got an email about Celeste from LRG. They say standard editions will start shipping in October with CEs to follow in Mid-October. I'm skeptical, but we'll see I suppose.

I really like the LRG cover of Celeste but I guess I have to go with BBY for a copy. People are selling them for insane prices on eBay...$500+ for the CE? Hmmm.

I really like the LRG cover of Celeste but I guess I have to go with BBY for a copy. People are selling them for insane prices on eBay...$500+ for the CE? Hmmm.
I believe the Celeste CE was one of the quickest sellouts ever at LRG, which was a little surprising because I remember people complaining about the contents at the time. Still, that price is indeed insane.

LRG f'd up. Josh probably said "go sign the goose game" and Doug signed Duck Game instead of Untitled Goose Game.

LRG f'd up. Josh probably said "go sign the goose game" and Doug signed Duck Game instead of Untitled Goose Game.
So what you're saying is that Josh sent Doug on a wild goose chase?

source.gif

I wish LRG would have been clearer about Celeste being complete before the preorder ended. All we knew was there was going to be DLC so that it looked like LRG's release wouldn't be complete which kept me and my friends from preordering. Generally, my view with games grom Iam8BIT and LRG is that if I'm going to pay a premium for a physical copy, it best be a complete on-disc release. Many of us didn't think Celeste would be ... until way after preorders closed.

Oh well. I guess there's the Best Buy copy but wanted it on PS4.

Apparently Best Buy will be carrying copies of the Switch version of Duck Game, which is an interesting choice to carry.

Also, the PS4 version will be an open preorder.  LRG has stated that PS4 preorders tend to sell poor (especially those with Switch counterparts)  and I can't see this game doing much better.  That said, it will likely be one of the lowest print runs of any R1 PS4 game when all is said and done.  So if you intend on going for a full set eventually, you may want to get it now as it will likely be hard to find later.  Pure speculation, of course.

I wish LRG would have been clearer about Celeste being complete before the preorder ended. All we knew was there was going to be DLC so that it looked like LRG's release wouldn't be complete which kept me and my friends from preordering. Generally, my view with games grom Iam8BIT and LRG is that if I'm going to pay a premium for a physical copy, it best be a complete on-disc release. Many of us didn't think Celeste would be ... until way after preorders closed.

Oh well. I guess there's the Best Buy copy but wanted it on PS4.
Manufacturing wasn't originally going to get delayed for the DLC because we didn't know about it's existence until pretty late in the process. Community feedback after the preorder closed led to the decision to delay manufacturing so that it could be included on the cart.

Manufacturing wasn't originally going to get delayed for the DLC because we didn't know about it's existence until pretty late in the process. Community feedback after the preorder closed led to the decision to delay manufacturing so that it could be included on the cart.
I'm aware and I'm certainly not suggesting anyone did consumers wrong
I do think though that given the late revelation, it would have been a pro customer gesture to reopen a limited window for those who didn't preorder because there was a lack of information about the final product.

Gamers are always advised never to preorder unless you know what you're getting. And in terms of these such physical releases where customers are particularly those who are about wanting complete disc games, that Celeste looked like it would be missing the final chapter was a dealbreaker. All my friends and I didn't bother with preorders because of that.

I'd suggest in the future that LRG be very clear what will be in the final product before closing preorders.

I'll add many og my friends also didn't preorder the power rangers game for the same exact reason.

bread's done
Back