Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
You can't honestly tell me that you think they printed exclusive variants specifically for charity. If they were transparent about it in the first place, and listed all (or most) of the exclusive copies for charity, then believe me, I would be the first to commend them. That's not what is happening here... Out of the handful they printed exclusively for themselves, they listed ONE for collectors to bid on.
I don't think they printed ANYTHING for charity, as these are items they made for their own reasons and are now offering some for charity. Why would anyone have an issue with that? If you want anyone of these said items place a bid, as it's an open fair process, as these items go to the highest bidders. Am I missing something?

Or is this just another I can't have something that I'm entitled to for no other reason than I say so thread? If so, please continue, as I'm sure a few more entitled folks will show up sooner, rather than later.

I don't think they printed ANYTHING for charity, as these are items they made for their own reasons and are now offering some for charity. Why would anyone have an issue with that? If you want anyone of these said items place a bid, as it's an open fair process, as these items go to the highest bidders. Am I missing something?

Or is this just another I can't have something that I'm entitled to for no other reason than I say so thread? If so, please continue, as I'm sure a few more entitled folks will show up sooner, rather than later.
I respect your opinion, but It would be nice if people could share thoughts on this thread without getting attacked for having a difference of opinion.

Most of LRG's success can be attributed to a collector fanbase. To snub their base by making exclusive variants that are only accessible to themselves just doesn't sit right with me, that's all. The same can be said about the Revenge of the Bird King PS4 print (which is loosely linked to LRG), except that one is continually being sold at certain events, and will likely be listed at some point or another. While I'm not a full set collector, I'm concerned about how far this exclusivity will go "for their own reasons".

I respect your opinion, but It would be nice if people could share thoughts on this thread without getting attacked for having a difference of opinion.

Most of LRG's success can be attributed to a collector fanbase. To snub their base by making exclusive variants that are only accessible to themselves just doesn't sit right with me, that's all. The same can be said about the Revenge of the Bird King PS4 print (which is loosely linked to LRG), except that one is continually being sold at certain events, and will likely be listed at some point or another. While I'm not a full set collector, I'm concerned about how far this exclusivity will go "for their own reasons".
I didn't attack anyone, but just stated your comment is one of entitlement, and you haven't said anything that is proven otherwise. How about supporting the good this will do for a charity, and not about what you can't have, and why you feel wronged. But if that is an attack, my apologies for trying to point out the "good" being done here, and not focusing on the "bad"(which is for sure a matter of opinion).

Most things offered for charity are of a rare nature, as the point is to bring in as much money as possible. All I'm showing is how your want and need is above and beyond the "charity", which is why these current items are being offered. I look at this as a chance for someone with the funds to get something they want, while helping someone else, but I guess others don't see it that way, and that's your right. All the best!

Lol where have you been? At this point defending LRG is the minority opinion. Even those of us who don't totally hate them still air our gripes pretty frequently. It's just that this is a non-issue: they're in the business of making neat stuff, and sometimes they make special neat stuff for their employees. I don't see the controversy there.

Speaking of gripes, I don't think we've had any updates about the Atooi Collection or any other 3DS games since E3. The 3DS is dying out pretty fast now and it'd be nice to get some information on that front.

Speaking of gripes, I don't think we've had any updates about the Atooi Collection or any other 3DS games since E3. The 3DS is dying out pretty fast now and it'd be nice to get some information on that front.
I forgot all about that title, I wonder what happened to it? Yeah, there are a few titles that could play this long game so to speak, as fans would buy no matter what(Phoenix Wright), but I agree the market for this is closing fast. Hopefully this title doesn't go the way of their trading card packs idea, as I'm still waiting on those to be offered(although my interest is now gone).

Last edited by a moderator:
As a collector, I can't help but view it as extremely exclusionary and downright shitty that they are making special variants and releases that only they can have. In what universe is that going to go over well with their market (video game collectors)? Yet another reason that people are becoming increasingly disenfranchised with them. Selling the one copy for a fundraiser or charity is significantly better than them just selling it to make a large amount of dosh--this really shouldn't even need to be spelled out. The damn thing existing in the first place is the frustrating part--especially given that it was not created for charity.

As a collector, I can't help but view it as extremely exclusionary and downright shitty that they are making special variants and releases that only they can have. In what universe is that going to go over well with their market (video game collectors)? Yet another reason that people are becoming increasingly disenfranchised with them. Selling the one copy for a fundraiser or charity is significantly better than them just selling it to make a large amount of dosh--this really shouldn't even need to be spelled out. The damn thing existing in the first place is the frustrating part--especially given that it was not created for charity.
I understand your perspective, but something about doing employee only variants of things doesn't strike me as all that unusual. I mean, many studios and publishers already do something similar. There were entire launch team xboxes and special face plates and both Sony and Microsoft have done employee exclusive controllers. Surely you have seen all the press kits and development team versions of games with different cover art or slipcovers on Ebay. Having said that, I do think that crossing the line into releasing physical games that are not available at all to the public is a problem and given what just happened with Bird King for the PS4, I am concerned that they have either already done this or are planning to do so in the future.

Looks like LRG needs to rethink their ideas on releasing this Star Wars stuff. It’s just sitting along with those crappy controllers. Soon LRG is going to turn into Fangamer selling shirts and all kinds of trinkets.

I enjoy the chance to have the old games remastered in permanent disc form on the PS4, like Bounty Hunter and Racer Revenge.

But how EVERY title gets a collector's edition, and these 100% useless remade cartridges have zero value to me.

I think the stagnating stock is due to a few reasons:

1. Holidays are approaching and people are saving their money
  2. The shipping backlog is so bloated at this point that there's no real timetable for when someone will get an order anymore. This is especially true for the Star Wars games, since none of the retro repros from the last round have actually shipped yet.
  3. LRG is releasing so many games that their games are competing with other publishers' games and each other for consumer dollars. The "distribution line" also doesn't help with this, just more options for consumers who don't have infinite money
Just my two cents. Slowing their schedule would help with the latter two, but I don't know if they're in a position where it's possible to slow much (no sales = no income, but expense from wages, shipping, and ordering from Nintendo/Sony would continue).

I think the stagnating stock is due to a few reasons:

1. Holidays are approaching and people are saving their money
  2. The shipping backlog is so bloated at this point that there's no real timetable for when someone will get an order anymore. This is especially true for the Star Wars games, since none of the retro repros from the last round have actually shipped yet.
  3. LRG is releasing so many games that their games are competing with other publishers' games and each other for consumer dollars. The "distribution line" also doesn't help with this, just more options for consumers who don't have infinite money
Just my two cents. Slowing their schedule would help with the latter two, but I don't know if they're in a position where it's possible to slow much (no sales = no income, but expense from wages, shipping, and ordering from Nintendo/Sony would continue).
Agree on #1 and #3. I think we are long past the point where most people care about #2 or at least let it impact their purchasing habits from LRG. On #3, I am really kind of shocked that Sony and Nintendo haven't imposed some kind of cap on what LRG and other niche companies can produce. There is no doubt that people are delaying purchases of retail titles knowing that they will be available later, often at a reduced price, simply so they can afford to buy the limited stuff that won't be available later on. With some of their Switch titles exceeding 10K units, those are real lost sales and over time result in millions of dollars being directed away from bigger retail titles.

#2 does definitely affect my impulse buying. Not true so much for titles I would buy anyway, but back when I could count on getting games in a quick turnaround I'd buy them between other titles I was waiting for since I had a good idea of the timetable.

Now I really don't buy much anymore, except stuff I know I'm still gonna want once my hype dies down. Blazing chrome is the only lrg I have on order.

Agree on #1 and #3. I think we are long past the point where most people care about #2 or at least let it impact their purchasing habits from LRG. On #3, I am really kind of shocked that Sony and Nintendo haven't imposed some kind of cap on what LRG and other niche companies can produce. There is no doubt that people are delaying purchases of retail titles knowing that they will be available later, often at a reduced price, simply so they can afford to buy the limited stuff that won't be available later on. With some of their Switch titles exceeding 10K units, those are real lost sales and over time result in millions of dollars being directed away from bigger retail titles.
I think #2 is more impactful than you're giving it credit for considering the secondary market prices for non-CE LRG titles lately. I could buy it now for $35 plus $5.59 shipping and get it sometime in the next six months (probably), but that same title's likely to be $40-$45 on eBay once enough listings go up (i.e. a few weeks after LRG actually ships).

There are, and will continue to be, exceptions, but unless you care about CEs the exceptions are becoming fewer and fewer. Vita titles are a notable exception but we're nearly at the end of that road. And if you're going for Switch titles, BestBuy gets a large number of them now and the deal only gets sweetened by free shipping/pick-up and GCU for those lucky enough to still have it.

Whether or not it's an actual buy/don't buy factor for you probably depends on individual budget constraints and prioritization for the games they send out. But I picked up a few LRG titles from eBay recently and the prices were similar enough to the original price that it didn't really bother me. If anything the "scalper" may have made $1-2 after fees/shipping and if they're desperate enough to spend the time making the listing, packing an item, and dealing with eBay for profits that marginal then they probably need it more than I do.

Another thing to consider is that the novelty factor seems to be wearing off. It was exciting to get LRG titles early on because they felt like something special. Now I see shipping confirmations come in months and months after I actually bought something and my thought isn't "Sweet! I'm excited to play this!", it's "Oh yeah... I guess I did buy that." By the time you actually do get what you paid for, hype has completely worn off.

It may not be a factor for you personally, but I can see several ways in which it could be. I'm pretty tired of the rat race and the artificial scarcity, though. I'm still buying titles more often than this post implies, but once the Vita is done I think I'm just done following the "Limited" scene. Like every good idea, it was completely gouged and bled dry once it became profitable. Reminds me of the toys-to-life fad and the Guitar Hero/Rock Band days, in a way.

TL;DR: FOMO is a less impactful driver when aftermarket prices aren't grossly inflated and hype wears off, both of which seem to be happening.

Tried a search of this thread and didn't see anything but I decided when I made one of my LRG orders this Summer to add a PS4 and a Switch display stand.  Order came in today (big box since it was a game, protective cases, etc) and the both display stands are broken.  I opened a ticket but my question is whether other folks have had similar issues with the stands or if just uniquely got unlucky with both of mine.

Tried a search of this thread and didn't see anything but I decided when I made one of my LRG orders this Summer to add a PS4 and a Switch display stand. Order came in today (big box since it was a game, protective cases, etc) and the both display stands are broken. I opened a ticket but my question is whether other folks have had similar issues with the stands or if just uniquely got unlucky with both of mine.
How good or bad was the packaging? I got damaged art books from them awhile back, and both got damaged due to there beyond poor packaging. If said items had good padding and looked secure, you may have just gotten unlucky(or build quality is shit), but my guess is on the first option. LOL

How good or bad was the packaging? I got damaged art books from them awhile back, and both got damaged due to there beyond poor packaging. If said items had good padding and looked secure, you may have just gotten unlucky(or build quality is shit), but my guess is on the first option. LOL
Big box but just some crumpled paper like they put in the small add-on LRG box. Basically, the paper did not secure anything from sliding around in the box. They could have either been packaged broken or because it was packed so poorly any amount of movement would have broken them.

What's the story on Bird King PS4
Was supposed to be released at an event but event was cancelled last minute along with the game. So, the digital version did not get a release and an LRG employee owns all of the hard copies (I don't exactly recall if he was also the developer). He is only selling them in-person now at events he goes to because he was getting harassed by people online criticizing him about the whole thing.

Hopefully this title doesn't go the way of their trading card packs idea, as I'm still waiting on those to be offered(although my interest is now gone).
Trading card packs will make their debut on November 23 at the Pop Up Shop event in North Carolina. They are supposed to be offered online sometime after that. I'm hoping they offer them on Black Friday.

Big box but just some crumpled paper like they put in the small add-on LRG box. Basically, the paper did not secure anything from sliding around in the box. They could have either been packaged broken or because it was packed so poorly any amount of movement would have broken them.
Yep, that's exactly how my books got shipped, and why they got damaged.

Trading card packs will make their debut on November 23 at the Pop Up Shop event in North Carolina. They are supposed to be offered online sometime after that. I'm hoping they offer them on Black Friday.
Thanks for the heads up, but sadly I gave up on those ages ago, due to the lack of info. And since I'm no longer collecting from LRG after the Vita ends, it's probably for the best.

I'm surprised to see so much unsold stuff. About 3/4 of the Switch Jumanji game remain unsold. Episode 1 Racer has a lot remaining, I'd assume they just won't manufacture them all even though Disney/Lucas is involved. Anyway, strange times. I can see why they'd stretch out these last few vita titles. The gravy train is near the end of the track... unless they strike a deal with selling Asia versions of games or something.

I forgot all about that title, I wonder what happened to it? Yeah, there are a few titles that could play this long game so to speak, as fans would buy no matter what(Phoenix Wright), but I agree the market for this is closing fast. Hopefully this title doesn't go the way of their trading card packs idea, as I'm still waiting on those to be offered(although my interest is now gone).
Seems like a win that they didn't offer packs while you were interested. You ended up not getting trapped into the cycle of useless card collecting and saved some cash along the way.

Yep, that's exactly how my books got shipped, and why they got damaged.

Thanks for the heads up, but sadly I gave up on those ages ago, due to the lack of info. And since I'm no longer collecting from LRG after the Vita ends, it's probably for the best.
Does that mean no more LRG, or just no more blind collecting like what you were doing with the vita due to the bonus game? Either way it seems like a win to not be stuck in any cycle of collecting with LRG considering how much stuff they sell.

Too many releases for me. At least there are a lot of choices. Whenever they put up visual novels or stuff like dungeon crawlers I'll gladly buy them.

Yeah, it's just video game collecting in general, as I love video games and have done it my whole life to varying degrees. The trading cards was something actually cheap to do(that's why I was interested), that didn't require buying games, as I could get cards from packs and not just new releases. I've always sworn by physical and still do, but the older I get, I game less, and the backlog is just insane. So at this point, I'm just opting to no longer buy "limited" stuff that will end up sold, long before I open said game and actually play it.

So I'm still collecting my gaming publications, as those I never sell, as I enjoy them all in my library and having a physical story of gaming's history. I'm also more in to the mini arcade cabs of places like New Wave Toys and Numbskull, as those represent my first love in gaming, which was the actual arcades. While these can be kind of expensive, they don't release as often, and those are something I can actually display and enjoy seeing on a shelf. 

So going forward, once I get my NS Lite, I'll just get games when the price is right(at least 50% off, 3rd parties of course). So if digital is cheaper, I'll go that route, or physical if that price is better. And of course I'll get 1st party titles when those happen to get a deal, which isn't often, but I'm not in to most 1st party "N" titles anymore, so that shouldn't be to much of an issue either.

I enjoy the chance to have the old games remastered in permanent disc form on the PS4, like Bounty Hunter and Racer Revenge.

But how EVERY title gets a collector's edition, and these 100% useless remade cartridges have zero value to me.
Except these games aren't remastered. They are the same PS2 game just on a Blu-Ray (because that's how they are released on PSN). It'd be great if they were remasters. I'd get behind that.

I agree with your second point.

Didn't see it mentioned yet, but Tokyo Chronos is up for sale right now.  The latest PSVR game and less than 800 copies left last I checked

edit: weebs rejoice; I bought 2

Yeah, it's just video game collecting in general, as I love video games and have done it my whole life to varying degrees. The trading cards was something actually cheap to do(that's why I was interested), that didn't require buying games, as I could get cards from packs and not just new releases. I've always sworn by physical and still do, but the older I get, I game less, and the backlog is just insane. So at this point, I'm just opting to no longer buy "limited" stuff that will end up sold, long before I open said game and actually play it.

So I'm still collecting my gaming publications, as those I never sell, as I enjoy them all in my library and having a physical story of gaming's history. I'm also more in to the mini arcade cabs of places like New Wave Toys and Numbskull, as those represent my first love in gaming, which was the actual arcades. While these can be kind of expensive, they don't release as often, and those are something I can actually display and enjoy seeing on a shelf.

So going forward, once I get my NS Lite, I'll just get games when the price is right(at least 50% off, 3rd parties of course). So if digital is cheaper, I'll go that route, or physical if that price is better. And of course I'll get 1st party titles when those happen to get a deal, which isn't often, but I'm not in to most 1st party "N" titles anymore, so that shouldn't be to much of an issue either.
At this point it's not just the backlog that stops me from buying more games, it's also the size of my collection. One day earlier this year, I decided to conduct a little thought experiment: if I stopped buying new games entirely, and instead played one game from my library per week, how long would it take until I played through all my games? Turns out the answer--for just my portable games--is around 13 years. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people here are in the same boat as me, too.

I still buy games that I think I'll like, but ever since then my purchases have gone way down. Why trip over myself to buy more stuff when I already have a lifetime's worth of entertainment to enjoy? Just my perspective.

At this point it's not just the backlog that stops me from buying more games, it's also the size of my collection. One day earlier this year, I decided to conduct a little thought experiment: if I stopped buying new games entirely, and instead played one game from my library per week, how long would it take until I played through all my games? Turns out the answer--for just my portable games--is around 13 years. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people here are in the same boat as me, too.

I still buy games that I think I'll like, but ever since then my purchases have gone way down. Why trip over myself to buy more stuff when I already have a lifetime's worth of entertainment to enjoy? Just my perspective.
Yeah our backlogs are extreme. I only try to buy things I really want. I also am way more willing to drop games and sell them if they're physical copies. About to do this with Collection of Mana on Switch. It's an aight collection, but not as gripping gameplay wise as I remember and a bit more repetitive than I remember.

Narrowing my focus to franchises I love the most... and then narrowing that list even more has helped me regain ground against my backlog.  I've added a very select number of games to the collection this year... next year I hope to be even more restrictive though that all depends on what is released.

Yeah, I've never ran in to my gaming collections getting to big, as I've always rotated those out every few generations or so. My Vita collection was hands down the biggest I've ever owned, but I started thinning that heard out back in January. Now my gaming publications collection, that's a different matter entirely. LOL

Although I've never been "in" for LRG, I definitely feel the same way as several others in here.  (For LRG, I only buy games I absolutely want physical; I likely own less than five LRG releases.)  LRG is pumping out too much stuff, at wildly varying degress of "quality" content.

My backlog is so large, that I could likely never buy another game ever, and still have enough gaming than what I'd ever need.

Getting old...

Received an email that they are shipping river city girls yesterday.
I'm seeing so many photos on Instagram and Twitter from people who've gotten theirs, and I guess I somehow wound up at the very end of the list. I pre-ordered my Switch copy in the first couple minutes when things went up two months ago, and mine's still "Unfulfilled". One day! Maybe.

I'm seeing so many photos on Instagram and Twitter from people who've gotten theirs, and I guess I somehow wound up at the very end of the list. I pre-ordered my Switch copy in the first couple minutes when things went up two months ago, and mine's still "Unfulfilled". One day! Maybe.
I don't think there is any order to their actual shipping beyond single copies, multi-copies, and then bundles. So you could be first in line and yet be the last single copy order shipped. Worse than that, they tend to produce two runs of a game so the first one may get you your game or you may get bumped because Best Buy will get their batch. So you could get bumped to second production run.

Yall are seriously bumming me out with this reality check stuff. BUY MORE GAMES GUYS RARE STUFF OMG DIE WITH THE MOST THINGS AND YOU WIN!!

But no I feel it... I have a ton of games... I've often thought of cutting it back to what I'll actually play (am I ever gonna touch the army men games on n64? I have all of them...) or things I played before and loved but may never touch again. The time will come.

I'm torn with the rare game purchasing myself. I have a handful of LRG games but I've gotten on a retro game kick and been buying Famicom games and NES games I loved in my childhood but only ever rented. It's crazy how expensive some of that stuff gets but it's been a real pleasure playing some Japan exclusive Famicom games on original hardware with a 13" CRT that don't necessarily require the ability to read/understand Japanese.

I just got my Switch copy this week and it took a while after I got a shipping notification.

Speaking of bestbuy. I hope they get their batch soon. Getting antsy to play RCG from seeing lots of people posting their physical copies.

Once Vita is done, I know my spending with LRG will be much less, and only really down to the Switch games I really want to play. Though I'm still really anxious to know what the mystery game will be for those with full sets.

Once Vita is done, I know my spending with LRG will be much less, and only really down to the Switch games I really want to play. Though I'm still really anxious to know what the mystery game will be for those with full sets.
If you are asking about Switch full sets... I'm sure it'll be something in house developed like Revenge of the Bird King which is what Vita complete sets are getting.

These games keep looking more and more generic and only game I want to play with over 100 companions are Suikoden games or what sounds like a fun eroge.

Man, so many of the final vita games are Kemco shit. That's really disappointing.
I still can't believe how after the whole "other retailers should give us more carts" thing, that this still went on for nearly a year longer than I expected.

I also think that a large proportion of the Vita full set collectors would have stopped over a year ago if they had known. You can hear the regret in the tone of their posts on here as they continue to reluctantly spend money and buy the ongoing Vita releases, just waiting for it to end. It's a sad state of affairs.

So are delayed reactions to information that is literally five months old at this point. Why bring it up now instead of during E3 when the final announcements were made?
Well, I scrolled past a picture in this thread while I was on the toilet releasing a dooky. I thought I saw a Vita release. So I replied to the post. In a forum. Where the idea is to post and reply to other posts. That more or less sums it up.

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back