Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
yep looks like both the ps4 and switch will be sold at best buy the funny thing is some one asked team 17 the publisher of the game on twitter about it being sold at best buy they replyed

https://twitter.com/Team17Ltd/status/1191416465792159744​
Time to call them out

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just learned about this game today and it looks great. The CE is at least $20 more than I'd consider paying though. Standard for me.
I'd have jumped allover it if the figure was of the main character and not that.......whatever the hell it is. So regular edition for me. And Jak x also even though I dont really want it but I have the other 3 so why the hell not.

Does Blaphemous for PS4 run any better than the Switch version (I only ask because I heard one of the Bloodstained games runs terrible on Switch but is fine on Ps4).  I am trying to determine which is the better version.

They jacked up the price of the Blasphemous PS4 standard from $30 to $35 at the last minute apparently, even their email still lists it as being $30. Still bought it anyway, but not cool.

I may get the Blasphemous CE at 6....  Obviously, LRG didn't need to provide details, but I wish they would when they include art books.  My interest at that price changes depending on if it's one of those 48 page mini art books or a 200 page book.   No page count, no dimensions....  

I have a feeling 11/22 will be a "break week" considering the Pop Up shop is that weekend. Actually, I don't think they've announced anything past this Friday.

FYI looks like Best Buy will be getting copies of Blasphemous. Still makes no sense to me that they didn't order copies of Blazing Chrome and Stranger Things 3.
now the listing only has the switch blasphemous being sold at best buy

Called it. They put up the standard copy of Blasphemous way earlier than 10 so I managed to get one of those and a CE right at 10 before it sold out instantly. Expensive day with this and the Gris second chance at SRG but worth it imo

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s how these greedy fucks roll. Nothing new.

They jacked up the price of the Blasphemous PS4 standard from $30 to $35 at the last minute apparently, even their email still lists it as being $30. Still bought it anyway, but not cool.
I'd suggest opening up a support ticket. The email shows it as $29.99 so there must be an error with their website!

They claimed on Twitter it was an error and it should be same price as the switch version. I’m gonna pass. Not going to support such a blatant F you to customers. I would expect better from LRG.

They just lost a long time customer,

I'm very interested in Blasphemous for Switch but I'm going to wait and see if they schedule anything new for next week to pair it with or just wait until Best Buy places it online for preorder so I can use my GCU discount.

I'm going to be sad once my GCU membership expires.

Trying to remember....didn’t LRG say they would be issuing a bonus item to customers who bought all the Jak collectors sets?

Trying to remember....didn’t LRG say they would be issuing a bonus item to customers who bought all the Jak collectors sets?
There's that mock up Jack IV PS4 case that will go out to people who bought all 4 games. I'm not sure if there is anything additional for folks who bought the 4 CEs?

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1195064642269319168

Don't know about anything exclusive to the CEs, the extra case is for standards and CEs.

They claimed on Twitter it was an error and it should be same price as the switch version. I’m gonna pass. Not going to support such a blatant F you to customers. I would expect better from LRG.

They just lost a long time customer,
I actually opened a ticket about this. If they give me the run around, then I might tell them to fuck off and cancel it. I got it as a Christmas gift and a CE for myself, was kinda surprised it was sold out immediately after I checked out though. Didn't think it would be this popular ha.

While on the subject, they say it can take 1-3 months from initial sale. Does this mean they'll still only start shipping a month AFTER they close pre-orders or will they ship it (hopefully) around a month later from today? Otherwise, this whole Christmas gift situation might not work regardless.

I actually opened a ticket about this. If they give me the run around, then I might tell them to fuck off and cancel it. I got it as a Christmas gift and a CE for myself, was kinda surprised it was sold out immediately after I checked out though. Didn't think it would be this popular ha.

While on the subject, they say it can take 1-3 months from initial sale. Does this mean they'll still only start shipping a month AFTER they close pre-orders or will they ship it (hopefully) around a month later from today? Otherwise, this whole Christmas gift situation might not work regardless.
the way LRG works you will not get it before Christmas you will be lucky if you get it by valentines

Based on the current shipping queue, it will likely be March next year at the earliest unless it gets prioritized in the queue like RCG/Celeste/Jak. I keep a running tally every two weeks of the shipping backlog, it was at 112 SKUs as of last week and their shipping velocity is 15-20 a month (which will likely decrease as the shipping folks take holiday time off).

No way you're getting that by Christmas. My guess is the Feb/March time frame.

Thanks, I was worried about as much and had already accepted it was probably too tight of a window so I'll repurpose into birthday or something. I've only bought from them once before but that was when they were still in their like teens for game numbers I think and don't recall the experience. They sound like fucking assholes from their FAQs though.

Are we sure Best Buy is gonna sell Blasphemous PS4/Switch?
Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk.

This is on the bottom of the Switch page only, so they probably won't get the PS4 version.

Does Blaphemous for PS4 run any better than the Switch version (I only ask because I heard one of the Bloodstained games runs terrible on Switch but is fine on Ps4). I am trying to determine which is the better version.

When its cross platform always buy the ps4 version over the switch. Unless a switch is the only way you can play a game at all.

Switch is fine for first party titles or the occasional exclusive but Id never buy a cross platform title for mine. It has the weakest hardware, the worst online experince and in general less developer support. Not to mention games in general tend to cost more on it.

the way LRG works you will not get it before Christmas you will be lucky if you get it by valentines
Based on the current shipping queue, it will likely be March next year at the earliest unless it gets prioritized in the queue like RCG/Celeste/Jak. I keep a running tally every two weeks of the shipping backlog, it was at 112 SKUs as of last week and their shipping velocity is 15-20 a month (which will likely decrease as the shipping folks take holiday time off).
No way you're getting that by Christmas. My guess is the Feb/March time frame.
Too generous... probably by the summer though.
Guys, calm down. He meant Christmas 2020. The title will get there in plenty of time.

Quick question for the experts Fairy Fencer F for the Switch....

today is the last day to officially "pre-order" but I thought I saw something somewhere that there will be additional copies available later and I wanted to try to save on shipping (I am planning on grabbing the Mary Skelter) 

Anyone have insight if that is the case? 

Will either of these releases be available through Best Buy?

Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk.

This is on the bottom of the Switch page only, so they probably won't get the PS4 version.
aww wtf. They had that same thing written on the ps4 web page. Those lazy asses just copied & pasted the information AGAIN. Really wanted to pickup the ps4 version at bestbuy.

Quick question for the experts Fairy Fencer F for the Switch....

today is the last day to officially "pre-order" but I thought I saw something somewhere that there will be additional copies available later and I wanted to try to save on shipping (I am planning on grabbing the Mary Skelter)

Anyone have insight if that is the case?

Will either of these releases be available through Best Buy?
today is not the last for Fairy Fencer F for the Switch i don't see that listed anywhere they still have over 1400 copies left for sale on the site allso dont think it will be sold at bestbuy

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/distributed-releases/products/september-switch

aww wtf. They had that same thing written on the ps4 web page. Those lazy asses just copied & pasted the information AGAIN. Really wanted to pickup the ps4 version at bestbuy.
that is why you have to double check on the day the game go on sale that is when they fix things like that

today is not the last for Fairy Fencer F for the Switch i don't see that listed anywhere they still have over 1400 copies left for sale on the site allso dont think it will be sold at bestbuy

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/distributed-releases/products/september-switch
Thanks for the insight - I thought I had read it would be available for a 30 day window. Obviously that is not the case. I think I will run the risk and wait to order them both together. Thank you for the reply!

Remember when LRG was preserving digital only games? Well now they preserve alternate cover art

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1196465648009908224?s=19

Yeah... This is just silly. At least it's only a distributed game, and not one of their numbered releases. I can't imagine this selling well at all... I'm curious to know how small the print run ends up being.

Remember when LRG was preserving digital only games? Well now they preserve alternate cover art

Summary of the LRG release experience right now.

source.gif

idk about you guys but i'm pretty excited to see what new exclusive cover art they can cook up next year for the second anniversary rerelease

bread's done
Back