Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I mean, it is on the dev ultimately, but I do agree that it's shitty everyone's stuck with a broken cart that's always gonna be broken
No, it's on both the developer and LRG as the publisher and retailer. They have the same obligation as Best Buy or Amazon if they sell a defective product which is to provide a return/refund or a commitment that the problem will be resolved within a reasonable amount of time.

They have the same obligation as Best Buy or Amazon if they sell a defective product which is to provide a return/refund or a commitment that the problem will be resolved within a reasonable amount of time.
Um... I'm not so certain that is the case. I'm fairly sure that large corporations like Best Buy or Amazon have plenty of extra investment that they can throw at customer-service issues like this. Those corporations also have a lot more leverage when it comes to dealing with other companies, as their distribution platforms are valuable enough to give them a sizable amount of pull in any negotiations. Holding a very small company like LRG to the exact same standards isn't realistic.

Um... I'm not so certain that is the case. I'm fairly sure that large corporations like Best Buy or Amazon have plenty of extra investment that they can throw at customer-service issues like this. Those corporations also have a lot more leverage when it comes to dealing with other companies, as their distribution platforms are valuable enough to give them a sizable amount of pull in any negotiations. Holding a very small company like LRG to the exact same standards isn't realistic.
Disagree. They have the same obligations as any other retailer or publisher. They don't get a pass because they are a smaller business. I can't speak for other state laws, but in California, consumer protection laws don't differentiate between small and large businesses, they all have the same legal obligations in connection with defective products. LRG is in business right now with some of the largest companies in the world and generates tens of millions of dollars in gross sales each year. This particular developer is a one-man shop from what I can tell, so they certainly should have leverage with him and if not, they need to step up and offer refunds/returns to anyone who requests them.

Last edited by a moderator:
When are you going to fix Night Trap on Vita. Limited Run sold us a broken game and should be working with the developer to get a patch sorted and available for the people who bought this release on vita. How about on update to this issue. I haven't heard anything in months.
Unfortunately, it's in the devs hands since they did the build submission for the Vita version. We've been trying to get that updated with them for awhile. I'm not sure if it was posted anywhere, but for folks that don't want to hold off on waiting for a patch open a support ticket and we can get a late return processed for you.

LRG is in business right now with some of the largest companies in the world and generates tens of millions of dollars in gross sales each year. This particular developer is a one-man shop from what I can tell, so they certainly should have leverage with him and if not, they need to step up and offer refunds/returns to anyone who requests them.
You understand that sales != revenue, correct? Sales are irrelevant if they do not offset expenses. The ROI is frequently more important than the total sales. And the margins made on most of these physical games isn't all that large, especially when compared to the digital versions. On top of all of that, the Vita version of a game like Night Trap is almost certainly the lowest-priority release version for the developer in question. Vita was never a broadly adopted platform at the best of times, and in the past couple of years the Switch has eaten pretty much all of its previous market-share. While I do agree that patching and correcting development bugs and mistakes is important, it doesn't surprise me if a developer drags their feet a bit on a game for a platform that is pretty obviously not going to generate much revenue.

You understand that sales != revenue, correct? Sales are irrelevant if they do not offset expenses. The ROI is frequently more important than the total sales. And the margins made on most of these physical games isn't all that large, especially when compared to the digital versions. On top of all of that, the Vita version of a game like Night Trap is almost certainly the lowest-priority release version for the developer in question. Vita was never a broadly adopted platform at the best of times, and in the past couple of years the Switch has eaten pretty much all of its previous market-share. While I do agree that patching and correcting development bugs and mistakes is important, it doesn't surprise me if a developer drags their feet a bit on a game for a platform that is pretty obviously not going to generate much revenue.
Of course I understand that gross sales are not equal to net revenue. Should Amazon have been exempt from consumer protection laws because they went for years without making a profit? Look, I'm happy to defend LRG against all the stupid complaints about how they sold out or failed to stick to their original business plan/model or release too much product, etc...because those are frankly the rantings of a bunch of sad manchildren who don't understand the reality of the world and want to hold a business that tried at one point to maintain a dialogue with its customers to a much higher standard than every other business that literally has never even tried. Having said that, I'm not going to give LRG a pass on consumer unfriendly practices like this or with announcing a "patched" version of Tetris that may not even be patched or better than what's out there and where they didn't even bother to take five minutes to check with the developer before taking to Twitter. You're right that LRG is not EA or Amazon or Ubisoft or countless other companies. It doesn't change the fact that they have the same obligations as every other publisher and retailer with regard to making sure their product performs as advertised.

Unfortunately, it's in the devs hands since they did the build submission for the Vita version. We've been trying to get that updated with them for awhile. I'm not sure if it was posted anywhere, but for folks that don't want to hold off on waiting for a patch open a support ticket and we can get a late return processed for you.
Thank you I will work on submitting a ticket for a refund. I rather get a refund and put that money towards a different release. I do not have confidence that a patch for this game will ever be released.

[SIZE=11pt]Is Limited Run Games planning on releasing Job Simulator (PlayStation VR) with the same kind of treatment as Tetris Effect LRG Edition?[/SIZE]

Atari Classic was never supposed to come in a plastic box, it was always cardboard.
The mockup and end product do appear to be quite different. I thought it would be a high quality box. Also, Josh said that the trading cards could be removed without breaking a seal. The outer box is shrinkwrapped and the trading cards are inside the box in a shrinkwrapped pack.

The Golf Story CE is currently $79 at Fangamer with free shipping, and comes with a $10 digital gift code as part of their Black Friday sale.  Order more stuff to get a higher gift card amount.

Also the Spelunky CE (Vita and PS4) is $69 with free shipping but comes with a smaller digital gift card since it is under $70.

The Golf Story CE is currently $79 at Fangamer with free shipping, and comes with a $10 digital gift code as part of their Black Friday sale. Order more stuff to get a higher gift card amount.

Also the Spelunky CE (Vita and PS4) is $69 with free shipping but comes with a smaller digital gift card since it is under $70.
Yeah, for now I'm just planning to grab some books I've been putting off waiting for this time of year, but I really do want that journal from the Spelunky CE, just not anything else. LOL So if I have some extra funds over the next few weeks I may grab it, as the bonuses stack(they send the credit when it's all over), so long as all purchases are made within the window and with the same account.

The Golf Story CE is currently $79 at Fangamer with free shipping, and comes with a $10 digital gift code as part of their Black Friday sale. Order more stuff to get a higher gift card amount.

Can you shoot caddies ? Or at least stab them if they guve you the wrong club ?

Has anyone ever had to deal with having a game show up as delivered, with nothing actually showing up? UPS says that the Shenmue CE was delivered yesterday afternoon, and nothing was actually waiting for me after work.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me, so I've never had to deal with it before. Is LRG the ones to go to for this? I don't want to be out $100....

Has anyone ever had to deal with having a game show up as delivered, with nothing actually showing up? UPS says that the Shenmue CE was delivered yesterday afternoon, and nothing was actually waiting for me after work.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me, so I've never had to deal with it before. Is LRG the ones to go to for this? I don't want to be out $100....
I've had that happen a few times in the past (though not recently) and almost every time the items showed up the next day or the day after. I would give it one more day and then inquire from UPS (or USPS if they handed it off to them) about where it was delivered (at door, to a person, etc). If nothing comes from that, then contact LRG support to see what they can do.

I just checked the status of my Shenmue 3 CE and it has been shipped since 11/13 but still not delivered. The last 3 days it has been moving between various towns in my state for whatever reason (In my case, UPS handed off to USPS), but is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Yeah, i was going to give it another day, maybe I'll just wait till Friday. We've never had a history of packages stolen in our neighborhood, so it would be surprising if it just started

I'm interested in checking out this meme now. i have high expectations it should be funny enough to cause a ban thou lol.

update : meh, was just taking a jab at releasing existing physical games (ie:tetris) plus bonus jab at that bird king game.

Lol The Quartering? If that's the only source we have for this whole thing then it's probably BS like everything else on that channel. Although I'll say that if people are putting fake game announcements out there, LRG has an obligation as a business to keep the fake stuff off of their official channels as much as possible.

There are a lot of legitimate reasons to take issue with LRG. Banning trolls--if that's even what happened--isn't one of them.

It was skyrim. It was a super obvious joke.

This kinda thing used to happen on their forums. They'd take stuff personally and ban people when anyone had negative responses. They were gonna close down the forums because it turned into a discussion board for limited releases and they were upset people were discussing competition there.

I'm not surprised in the slightest. But whatever. We're buying games now not supporting a company. If we looked into everything corporations do we'd be growing our own food and drinking water we hand pumped from a well because everyone does something disagreeable.

Anyone know if the Switch Freedom Planet CE was supposed to have a card? Nothing in the shipping box, and just opened the CE and nothing in there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Preorders for Gris (PS4) and Tetris Effect are about to start.   Gris, I guess was kept a secret.  I don't want either... just passing the word.

When are you going to fix Night Trap on Vita. Limited Run sold us a broken game and should be working with the developer to get a patch sorted and available for the people who bought this release on vita. How about on update to this issue. I haven't heard anything in months.
This was posted earlier today by LimitedRunDouglas on their forum:

The Night Trap Vita patch is finally at Sony and should be going out soon. Trust me, I've been doing everything I can to get that patch out from the developer.
Link

Shipping/production updates since 11/8 below, changes in bold.

Shipped since 11/8:

• Celeste (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • River City Girls (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (PS4 CE+ Switch CE)
  • Teslagrad (Switch CE)
  • Deadbolt (Vita)
  • Slime-san (PS4)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4 CE)
  • The Shapeshifting Detective (PS4)
  • Shenmue III (PS4 CE)
  • Double Switch (Switch CE)
  • Siralim 3 (PS4)
  • Mercenary Wings (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)

Shipping in Progress/Shipping "Soon"/In Hand

• Hover (Vinyl + Artbook)
  • Tokyo Chronos (PSVR)
  • Celeste (PC CE)
  • Double Switch Vinyl
  • Tharsis (PS4)
  • Bard's Tale (PS4)
  • Red Faction Vinyl
  • Planet of the Apes: The Last Frontier (PS4)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (PS4 + PS4 Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (PS4 + PS4 Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 + Switch)
  • Duck Game (PS4)
October (Yes I'm aware it's November)

• Double Switch (PC CE)
November

• Fairy Fencer F (Switch)
  • AI: The Somnium Files (PC)
  • Serial Cleaner (PS4)
  • Deadbolt (PS4)
  • River City Girls (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • Corpse Killer (PS4 CE)
  • Revenant Dogma (PS4)
  • Red Faction (PS4 CE)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 CE)
  • Timespinner (Switch)
December

• River City Girls Vinyl
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4 CE)
  • Metal Storm (NES + NES CE)
  • Alvastia Chronicles (PS4)
  • Polybius (PSVR)
  • Marenian Tavern Story (PS4)
  • Children of the Zodiarcs (PS4)
  • Jak X (PS4)
  • Duck Game (Switch)
  • Star Wars: Racer Revenge (PS4)
  • Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer (N64 + N64 CE)
  • Turok (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Switch CE)
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64 + N64 CE)
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES + NES CE + Game Boy + Game Boy CE)
  • Star Wars (GameBoy + GameBoy CE)
  • Star Wars (NES + NES CE)

"Q4"

• Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX (PS4 +  Switch + PS4 CE + Switch CE)

January

• Costume Quest 2 (PS4)
  • Duck Game (PS4 CE + Switch CE)

Q1 2020

• Stranger Things 3 (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Jumanji CE (XBO + PS4 + Switch)
  • System Shock (PC)
  • Jak X (PS4 CE)
  • Star Wars: Racer Revenge (PS4 CE)
  • System Shock (Vinyl)
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl Triple Threat (Vinyl)
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl (NES  + NES CE)
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl Triple Threat (NES)

No Date/TBA

• Blasphemous (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Gris (PS4)
  • Tetris Effect (PS4)
  • Tetris Effect (2LP Vinyl + 5LP Vinyl)
  • Blazing Chrome (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Rocketbirds (Vita)
  • Azur Lane: Crosswave (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Costume Quest 2 (PS4 CE)
  • Battle Princess Madelyn (PS4)
  • Battle Princess Madelyn: Royal Edition (Switch)
  • Asdivine Hearts II (PS4)
  • Ms. Splosion Man (Switch)
  • Wandersong (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Thea: The Awakening

Of note:

• LRG has 103 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 206k units of already-sold product.This is down 9 items from two weeks ago. I believehis is the first time the number has decreased since I've been doing these updates.
  • Some older PS4 titles shipped, but it appears that the primary focus is River City Girls and Celeste.
  • LRG shipped out 17 SKUs in the past two weeks. This is about double their usual pace.

Anyone know if the Switch Freedom Planet CE was supposed to have a card? Nothing in the shipping box, and just opened the CE and nothing in there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You should have received a trading card. if you'll open a support ticket with your order number we can get one sent out to you.

It was skyrim. It was a super obvious joke.

This kinda thing used to happen on their forums. They'd take stuff personally and ban people when anyone had negative responses. They were gonna close down the forums because it turned into a discussion board for limited releases and they were upset people were discussing competition there.

I'm not surprised in the slightest. But whatever. We're buying games now not supporting a company. If we looked into everything corporations do we'd be growing our own food and drinking water we hand pumped from a well because everyone does something disagreeable.
Well that's a shame to hear.

I didn't know that while I was gone the forums there devolved into that, but then again, the company has devolved as well, so not sure why I'd be surprised.

Transparency only applies when you still give a fuck, and they've clearly stopped giving one awhile ago.

Well that's a shame to hear.

I didn't know that while I was gone the forums there devolved into that, but then again, the company has devolved as well, so not sure why I'd be surprised.

Transparency only applies when you still give a fuck, and they've clearly stopped giving one awhile ago.
Yeah I bounced from the forums, it's pretty dead over there now.

Like I said I don't hold it against them. Business is business. Without them I wouldn't be getting blazing chrome and blasphemous, which I'm wicked hyped for. I try to be understanding of missteps because I can't say what I'd be doing in that situation myself. I sure like money and if I can make money, bet I'm gonna do what I can to do it..

The LRG homepage is becoming a mess with all the preorders going at once. GRIS PS4 out of nowhere? Communication for these releases is REALLY poor lately.

For anyone who cares, i had gotten a delivery notification on my Shenmue 3 CE, with nothing in hand, and was asking about the process in case it never showed up.

I'm happy to say that it did actually get delivered, just to the guy across the street, and they finally brought it over today. So no more worries!

The LRG homepage is becoming a mess with all the preorders going at once. GRIS PS4 out of nowhere? Communication for these releases is REALLY poor lately.
I will never understand those surprise releases. I'm sure they think it's a way to add a little extra hype, or maybe it's what the dev wanted, but in practice it just seems to either confuse people or piss them off.

For anyone who cares, i had gotten a delivery notification on my Shenmue 3 CE, with nothing in hand, and was asking about the process in case it never showed up.

I'm happy to say that it did actually get delivered, just to the guy across the street, and they finally brought it over today. So no more worries!
Good to hear that it showed up, and that you have some honest neighbors in your neighborhood!

So I stopped by the Pop Up sale in Cary because I live about 15 minutes away. I thought I could just stroll in and leisurely look around, but the line is like 400 people deep. Feeling like I didn’t plan this out too well. What are the must have PS4 games I should look for?

So I stopped by the Pop Up sale in Cary because I live about 15 minutes away. I thought I could just stroll in and leisurely look around, but the line is like 400 people deep. Feeling like I didn’t plan this out too well. What are the must have PS4 games I should look for?
Kind of glad I didn't go to the Pop Up shop now. It would have a been a long ride and the only thing I was really interested in was Bird King PS4 and those LRG trading cards packs. Bird King will sell out fast, even at the scalped $60 price that dude was charging for them physically. Actually, as soon as I heard he was charging $60 for them at Portland Retro Gaming Expo it turned me off from getting it at all.

As far as your question, I would just go with PS4 game genres that you like. I'm sure employees there can make some good recommendations.

Kind of glad I didn't go to the Pop Up shop now. It would have a been a long ride and the only thing I was really interested in was Bird King PS4 and those LRG trading cards packs. Bird King will sell out fast, even at the scalped $60 price that dude was charging for them physically. Actually, as soon as I heard he was charging $60 for them at Portland Retro Gaming Expo it turned me off from getting it at all.

As far as your question, I would just go with PS4 game genres that you like. I'm sure employees there can make some good recommendations.
If 1k were made and sold for 60 a pop you do the math

Easy money for a garbage game

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If 1k were made and sold for 60 a pop you do the math

Easy money for a garbage game

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
$60,000 before anyone gets their cut not including production costs and overhead(you know, paying people to ship these things). Don't act like it's "easy money" that will suddenly buy anyone a house.

I've been on this forum for over ten years going way back when I posted CircuitCity clearance deals every week when I worked there, and I am shocked and disgusted what a fucking toxic cesspool it's becomie with people screaming bloody murder because a business - wait for it - wants to be a profitable business; this thread and many others included. The Lenovo Black Friday thread was disgusting, I don't think a single person talked about deals - only argued about politics. What the fuck happened to this place? I see so many entitled pricks in here who are upset that their sealed game that's sitting on the shelf got more produced, thus decreasing the value of something they'd never sell anyway. Vote with your wallets, that's the power you have against any business.

I'm a collector myself, but don't forget the people who produce these limited physical games(from any company, not just LRG) are PEOPLE.

I'm not asking for anyone to care about what I'm saying or agree, I want everyone to just BE BETTER.

Yeah, from day one, once these guys started actually getting more notable games, I said shoot for the stars, and to hell with slowing down or whatever most kept bitching about As I always saw it as a business first, and fan service second(if at all), no matter the kool-aid they tried to peddle around here. And that's not to say I hoped they would start selling video game branded toasters, but if there's a market, why not?

I'm always happy to see people have some ideals and a mission statement, but shit happens, and life changes. If it was up to me, LRG wouldn't have a business at all, as physical would be 100% all the time, but the world has changed. They saw a market when others didn't, and now they are doing what is best for them. So what maybe worked for them 3 years ago, is no longer the case, or maybe it is, it's their business to lift up or tear down.

If I no longer support what I see, I stop shopping there.They don't owe me shit, except for what I've paid for, and in all this time, I've always gotten just that, and when I didn't, it was made right, and that's all I could ask, NO MORE, NO LESS!

Is LRG doing a BF sale? I feel like they did in the past and I got an email about it but nothing so far this yr. I want to pick up some of the trading card packs since I really want the Shantae and Bloodstained cards (though I know it's all random).

If I no longer support what I see, I stop shopping there.They don't owe me shit, except for what I've paid for, and in all this time, I've always gotten just that, and when I didn't, it was made right, and that's all I could ask, NO MORE, NO LESS!
True that. I bought a ton of stuff from them but have cut back greatly. Used to buy 1-2 games per month when even their bad games were somewhat noteworthy and now I buy maybe 5 games a year for anything solid, i.e., the Celeste CE is pretty dope and the Shenmue III CE. But they are like any other business these days though. They find a market, use some inspirational BS to market on social media, and then hope to get big.

WOW I see what you mean

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/1198271541378768897

bread's done
Back