Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Lol it's actually gotten better around here. For a while there it was nothing but a constant string of conspiracy theories--although the Bird King stuff has spawned some new ones.

The Pop Up was very cool. They had a ton of games available. I couldn’t believe how much dough people were spending. I felt crazy buying 8 games, but I saw people with huge stacks that I know were easily spending over $1000. Ended up picking up Lone Survivor, Risk of Rain, Flinthook, Curse of the Moon, Dear Esther, Salt and Santuary, Retro City Girls, and The Flame in the Flood (all for PS4). I might do a little more research on other games to look for and try to go back tomorrow.

They had some games that they deemed to be highly sought after marked with blue stickers. Customers could only buy 2 of those, so they seemed to be doing a good job of making sure everyone was able to get some great stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had some games that they deemed to be highly sought after marked with blue stickers. Customers could only buy 2 of those, so they seemed to be doing a good job of making sure everyone was able to get some great stuff.
Except that it was basically only for people locally...:p Hope you guys that were able to go get some good games.

Wanted to go to the pop up to see if they had any errant Celeste CEs butttt kinda glad I didn't. Would've been about $150 and 24 hours round trip by train and would not have wanted to wait in that line lol

$60,000 before anyone gets their cut not including production costs and overhead(you know, paying people to ship these things). Don't act like it's "easy money" that will suddenly buy anyone a house.

I've been on this forum for over ten years going way back when I posted CircuitCity clearance deals every week when I worked there, and I am shocked and disgusted what a fucking toxic cesspool it's becomie with people screaming bloody murder because a business - wait for it - wants to be a profitable business; this thread and many others included. The Lenovo Black Friday thread was disgusting, I don't think a single person talked about deals - only argued about politics. What the fuck happened to this place? I see so many entitled pricks in here who are upset that their sealed game that's sitting on the shelf got more produced, thus decreasing the value of something they'd never sell anyway. Vote with your wallets, that's the power you have against any business.

I'm a collector myself, but don't forget the people who produce these limited physical games(from any company, not just LRG) are PEOPLE.

I'm not asking for anyone to care about what I'm saying or agree, I want everyone to just BE BETTER.
Ok Boomer

$60,000 before anyone gets their cut not including production costs and overhead(you know, paying people to ship these things). Don't act like it's "easy money" that will suddenly buy anyone a house.

I've been on this forum for over ten years going way back when I posted CircuitCity clearance deals every week when I worked there, and I am shocked and disgusted what a fucking toxic cesspool it's becomie with people screaming bloody murder because a business - wait for it - wants to be a profitable business; this thread and many others included. The Lenovo Black Friday thread was disgusting, I don't think a single person talked about deals - only argued about politics. What the fuck happened to this place? I see so many entitled pricks in here who are upset that their sealed game that's sitting on the shelf got more produced, thus decreasing the value of something they'd never sell anyway. Vote with your wallets, that's the power you have against any business.

I'm a collector myself, but don't forget the people who produce these limited physical games(from any company, not just LRG) are PEOPLE.

I'm not asking for anyone to care about what I'm saying or agree, I want everyone to just BE BETTER.
Doesn't matter the way LRG supported this was WRONG.

He knew exactly who he was appealing to and by holding it back it would benefit him and the company he worked for.

He's not the only one there's been other examples such as that literal poop game that was pulled intentionally to drive demand which now fetches hundreds of dollars on Ebay.

It is easy money if you see the quality of that game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter the way LRG supported this was WRONG.

He knew exactly who he was appealing to and by holding it back it would benefit him and the company he worked for.

He's not the only one there's been other examples such as that literal poop game that was pulled intentionally to drive demand which now fetches hundreds of dollars on Ebay.

It is easy money if you see the quality of that game.

But I've been on CAG for over 10 years too, and I used to post deals in the BB thread because I used to work there, and I'm a massive collector.

My opinion clearly matters more than everyone else now because I have CAG cred.

Please listen to me everybody, let me tell you about the way things used to be.

91sn32Q.jpg

Kind of glad I didn't go to the Pop Up shop now. It would have a been a long ride and the only thing I was really interested in was Bird King PS4 and those LRG trading cards packs. Bird King will sell out fast, even at the scalped $60 price that dude was charging for them physically. Actually, as soon as I heard he was charging $60 for them at Portland Retro Gaming Expo it turned me off from getting it at all.

As far as your question, I would just go with PS4 game genres that you like. I'm sure employees there can make some good recommendations.
some people on twitter said he was selling it for $30 at the pop up shop today

But I've been on CAG for over 10 years too, and I used to post deals in the BB thread because I used to work there, and I'm a massive collector.

91sn32Q.jpg
I'm actually Dave from gamestop!!!!

91sn32Q.jpg
Been here for over 14 years, the cycle of people is interesting. The old days of cag were before it was also people’s side hussle (or actual job) to buy and resell games so it was possible to get hooked up with a good deal. Times change... some folks just can’t adapt so you get what we had here today which is the way he wants it... well he gets it. I don’t like this anymore than you...

I got to the pop up shop around 4, came from Charlotte (actually driving home now).

They still had a ton of stuff available, including Celeste CE, and it was a little overwhelming, even with not nearly as many people there. I can't imagine the early rush.

I had initially gone to grab a bunch of vita games I needed, but the allure of the siren song from the damaged CEs was too great. I didn't get any of the super rare stuff, but I did get the outlast switch CE with a slight ding for 75, and that was the best deal I got

I got to the pop up shop around 4, came from Charlotte (actually driving home now).

They still had a ton of stuff available, including Celeste CE, and it was a little overwhelming, even with not nearly as many people there. I can't imagine the early rush.

I had initially gone to grab a bunch of vita games I needed, but the allure of the siren song from the damaged CEs was too great. I didn't get any of the super rare stuff, but I did get the outlast switch CE with a slight ding for 75, and that was the best deal I got
Care to help a CAG out and pick me up a Celeste CE? 😉

2 and a half hour drive and I'm already home, sorry.
Damn son, thanks for replying anyway. Really wish they had just done this online, even though that would have been a dumpster fire too. Guess I gotta wait for Fangamer to maybe get the CEs to order one.

91sn32Q.jpg
Clearly, you've missed the entire point and I never said anything about my opinion being above anyone else's. You've really only added more weight to what i said. Good job

Clearly, you've missed the entire point and I never said anything about my opinion being above anyone else's. You've really only added more weight to what i said. Good job
And yet, you've clearly missed everything I've said, and only added more weight to my point. Great work.

The fact that you feel offended by me, rather than the content of my comments and discuss them further, shows that you have more of an issue with people than the actual discourse of the thread. Otherwise you would have actually taken that hypothetical high road you so dearly wanted to go back to, and wanted to push on everyone else, but as far as yourself goes you're just a troll lurking under the bridge.

Thanks for giving yourself away, and confirming that you really didn't care about the topic, but more about making yourself feel better by making everyone else feel worse, and do things differently because it doesn't adhere to your form.

You are now officially part of the hypothetical problem you hated, so please take pictures during your stay, make sure to hit the buffet, and let us know if there's anything you need while here.

tenor.gif

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1199010225270984708?s=19

No CE for this one apparently. I keep hearing this game is amazing but have never checked it out. Worth trying if I like the BG/IWD type games?

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1199010225270984708?s=19

No CE for this one apparently. I keep hearing this game is amazing but have never checked it out. Worth trying if I like the BG/IWD type games?
The first one was good, and the second is supposed to be much better.

I would say it's more like a high quality knock off of Neverwinter Nights (only because it's not D&D) more than I would compare it to BG/IWD.

If we really want to talk about confusing/stupid names, you can't leave out this gem

220px-InfiniteUndiscoveryBoxart.jpg

Note: The above image is NOT something LRG plans on re-releasing, nor is it really a meme. Can we post this here? I'm so confused...

If we really want to talk about confusing/stupid names, you can't leave out this gem

220px-InfiniteUndiscoveryBoxart.jpg

Note: The above image is NOT something LRG plans on re-releasing, nor is it really a meme. Can we post this here? I'm so confused...
Idk, man, you might get banned and sued. Shit's serious... Lmao

Wow that Mary Skelter 2 price is high. I have both games digitally and likely will just be ok with that. Both are aight though I can honestly say I'm not crazy about either of them. Moe is quite generic and pretty easy at times. Mary Skelter 2 is decent for the most part but misses on parts. It's class system is also kind of confusing. I think it's an easy pass for both.

Mary Skelter 2 is the only game in years (since 2017) I'm legit considering buying from these guys, but after reading all that drama... boy they don't make it easy. 

I just received Star Wars: Racer Revenge for PS4 (standard edition) and I got this weird little plastic thing in the package. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is or is supposed to do. There seems to be a tiny little chip inside but there don't appear to be any buttons or anything. The plastic does say (c)1999 LFL and HASBRO on the back. I've attached pics. Did anyone else get one of these?

[attachment=33234:IMG_5192 (Edited).JPG]

[attachment=33235:IMG_5193 (Edited).JPG]

I just received Star Wars: Racer Revenge for PS4 (standard edition) and I got this weird little plastic thing in the package. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is or is supposed to do. There seems to be a tiny little chip inside but there don't appear to be any buttons or anything. The plastic does say (c)1999 LFL and HASBRO on the back. I've attached pics. Did anyone else get one of these?

attachicon.gif
IMG_5192 (Edited).JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_5193 (Edited).JPG
Back in the day, these were included with the action figures. You need a CommTech reader. Plays sound-bites/quotes from the movie. Talking toys were all the rage in the late 90's.

Back in the day, these were included with the action figures. You need a CommTech reader. Plays sound-bites/quotes from the movie. Talking toys were all the rage in the late 90's.
Man im feeling old. I cant believe its already been 20 years since Ep1 Phantom Menace

When the prequels came out those were inside the figures package. You had to buy a separate device and when you put them on it played a sound clip.

You got one included because they must have a metric shit ton left over somewhere because no one cared.

This question is a a bit out of the blue but is there a way to tell the PS4 and Vita versions of the Bloodstained Classic Editions without openign them? They look the same... 

This question is a a bit out of the blue but is there a way to tell the PS4 and Vita versions of the Bloodstained Classic Editions without openign them? They look the same...
I don't have an answer for your specific situation, but I had that issue on another game in the past: Rodea The Sky Soldier Collector's Edition for the Wii U and 3DS. Both boxes looked the same and I had to weigh the games to see which one was which (I was selling them at the time). The 3DS one was a few ounces lighter.

Every time I purchased PS4/Vita items from LRG where the external box looked the same, the Vita box had a sticker differentiating it from the other box. This has also been true of NIS CEs packages. No sticker, eh?

Every time I purchased PS4/Vita items from LRG where the external box looked the same, the Vita box had a sticker differentiating it from the other box. This has also been true of NIS CEs packages. No sticker, eh?
I know what you're talking about (Cosmic Star Heroine and S&S both had it I think) but I don't see any stickers or anything on this. I bought this on eBay (could get in order in on LRG so figure it's now or never) where the seller noted it as a Vita copy but I noticed that it had nothing indicating it was for the Vita.

The PS4 version is slightly larger (5.5" width) than the Vita version (5.0" width).
Awesome! Thanks, just measured it and it's 5".

bread's done
Back