Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Received Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Collectors Edition (Switch version) in the mail this past Monday. I thought the steelbook would be debossed with enough depth where the coins are supposed to be inserted, but it’s not. A thin, plastic film separates the Steelbook from the coins and you place the coin in the slightly debossed area. It looks a little strange tbh.

With that being said, I still like the steelbook and am glad to have a physical copy of the game.

Just wanted to chime in that when Doug asked what VR games people wanted them to try to sign, everyone was shitting on me for requesting games that were already released physically in other regions (Arizona Sunshine in EU, not sure what the other one was), telling me not to waste a release and just import them.

Even though it's not a numbered release, I hope those fuckers enjoy their Tetris Effect. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to chime in that when Doug asked what VR games people wanted them to try to sign, everyone was shitting on me for requesting games that were already released physically in other regions (Arizona Sunshine in EU, not sure what the other one was), telling me not to waste a release and just import them.

Even though it's not a numbered release, I hope those fuckers enjoy their Tetris Effect.
Get hypedddd for Tetris

Let's gooooooo

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Curious if there’s ever been talk of Observer for Switch? I know they published the PS4 version so it doesn’t seem a stretch.

Hoping they get the River City CEs out before Christmas, silly me thinking that October date was realistic.

I wonder when the Turoks are actually going to ship.  They had no problem making it to Best Buy - I saw them sitting on the shelf a couple of days ago.  I saw they had a status of "on deck" which is kind of rough when Best Buy has a status of "in store". 

Hey Bitches, the Night Trap patch is finally a thing(Vita), God only knows what the hell took so long, but better late than never uh?

Can you confirm that the patch is out. How large is the patch? Any other information on this would be helpful if you have a source. THX
It was submitted to Sony, not sure if it's actually out. Source is Doug on the mighty rabbit forums. Someone linked it here not too long ago.

I finally got my atari flashback vita game with that box. Holy false advertising batman. I was already shouted that you didn't know it wasn't plastic only by a tweet, after i purchased it, but it looked like it would at least be a thick stock cardboard case, not a flimsy ass little box for an extra 15 bucks. No wonder people were pissed

I finally got my atari flashback vita game with that box. Holy false advertising batman. I was already shouted that you didn't know it wasn't plastic only by a tweet, after i purchased it, but it looked like it would at least be a thick stock cardboard case, not a flimsy ass little box for an extra 15 bucks. No wonder people were pissed
What else did it come with other then a penny cardboard box?

What else did it come with other then a penny cardboard box?

A package of 5 or 6 trading cards. And a small piece of cardboard to keep them from co-mingling in the box

A package of 5 or 6 trading cards. And a small piece of cardboard to keep them from co-mingling in the box
I also got this but threw into the pile of unopened vita games

Cant wait till we stopped getting milked with vita physicals

If you ever open it and don't want the trading card set that came inside the CE I'd like to buy it. I like the small sets of cards they produce like these, the night trap set, and so on. If you ever do then send me a pm.

I also got this but threw into the pile of unopened vita games

Cant wait till we stopped getting milked with vita physicals

well they pleaded with everyone to ask all the other companies for their stock to be given to them as they said they couldnt produce certain games without carts from larger 3rd parties and fans needed to attack, great for their business, not for consumers, but consumers are not that ....

Y in the mother fuck is the indie Divinity 2 60 fucking bones ?

Doug and Bob really are Atari Flashback cardboard box releasing greedy ass mo’s at this point.

Coal for them Santa

Loose Rattling Games FTL.

Description under Divinity 2 says BB will be receiving a very small number of copies. Have they described the batch size as "very small" before? Worth chancing for the GCU discount?

Description under Divinity 2 says BB will be receiving a very small number of copies. Have they described the batch size as "very small" before? Worth chancing for the GCU discount?
they have been listing all of there switch games that best buy will be getting like that lately

I don't think any LRG games sold at best buy have sold out in less than a few weeks. There are many that have been up for sale a long time, you should be fine.

*throws aside brand new retail boxed PS4 copy he bought for $19.99 this summer*

very small batch?? omg BUY BUY BUY!!

I don't think any LRG games sold at best buy have sold out in less than a few weeks. There are many that have been up for sale a long time, you should be fine.
I don't think any have sold out period. Golf Story was delisted from the website, but is still available in stores and Aegis Defenders was store only for a few weeks before it showed up on the website.

Yeah $60+shipping seems insane for just the game, and the cover art seems super generic. Gonna have to go with BB for that one I think. On the other hand, I want that Celeste CE super badly. Hoping it doesn't sell out in seconds.

I would have been tempted to go for the mega bundle today but they added the vinyl to the bundle for another $35.  I have no interest in the vinyl.  Why don't they just have game-only bundles that a lot of their customers would rather have??

I don't think any have sold out period. Golf Story was delisted from the website, but is still available in stores and Aegis Defenders was store only for a few weeks before it showed up on the website.
I'm not even sure if anyone buys them. My closest Best Buy seems to have so many copies of "Celeste". I think they got 2 copies of "Aegis Defenders". I bought one and the other is sitting on the shelf - they actually put everything they had on the shelves a little before Black Friday. When Best Buy receives a small number of copies, it seems to be way more than enough. I am surprised they are still doing it. But, remember - they COULD choose NOT to move forward, so wait at your own risk! Best Buy has yet to choose not to move forward, but I guess it could happen one day.

I'm shocked that Fu'un Super Combo Classic Edition is still available. Neo Geo collectors are rabid, even for repros and conversions, so to have a licensed game in a Shock Box available with only 1,500 copies made, I figured that would have sold out lickity split.

I'm shocked that Fu'un Super Combo Classic Edition is still available. Neo Geo collectors are rabid, even for repros and conversions, so to have a licensed game in a Shock Box available with only 1,500 copies made, I figured that would have sold out lickity split.
LRG pumps out so many releases, a lot of people can't keep up anymore.. it's just too expensive. Combine that with how close we are to Christmas (so people may be low on $$), that is probably why. Just my best guess..

I'm shocked that Fu'un Super Combo Classic Edition is still available. Neo Geo collectors are rabid, even for repros and conversions, so to have a licensed game in a Shock Box available with only 1,500 copies made, I figured that would have sold out lickity split.
its not like the other LRG Classic Edition the last 2 came with a poster and a AES style book and it was $5 cheaper

The prices are consistently creeping up with not as a cheap shipping anymore. It really has to be something I think I'll love or already do love. Passed on Mary Skelter 2 because of this. Been playing it recently, and i'm not really sure I like it very much. I don't know why it feels much more repetitive than other dungeon crawlers I've played like EO or Dungeon Travelers 2. I also really dislike the class system. Doesn't feel as natural and feels very grindy. It might just be me though.

Serious NG fans tend to go for original hardware over ports no matter what the packaging is. I can't imagine the sale attracted many of them unless this was their favorite game or something. I'm not sure I ever even played this specific game and I was at least enough of an SNK/NG fan to post over on neo-geo.com's forums.

Serious NG fans tend to go for original hardware over ports no matter what the packaging is. I can't imagine the sale attracted many of them unless this was their favorite game or something. I'm not sure I ever even played this specific game and I was at least enough of an SNK/NG fan to post over on neo-geo.com's forums.
Fu'un Super Combo is actually two games Savage Reign and Kizuna Encounter

The prices are consistently creeping up with not as a cheap shipping anymore. It really has to be something I think I'll love or already do love. Passed on Mary Skelter 2 because of this. Been playing it recently, and i'm not really sure I like it very much. I don't know why it feels much more repetitive than other dungeon crawlers I've played like EO or Dungeon Travelers 2. I also really dislike the class system. Doesn't feel as natural and feels very grindy. It might just be me though.
Yup. Most of the time you either just buy the digital on sale or not buy it at all.

This is CAG afterall. It was cool when you could get hard copies of the games you really liked for $25-30 but that's not even close to what this is anymore. The last thing I was going to buy was Transistor for PS4 but then I couldn't rationalize paying ~$40 for an Indie game that I have already owned digitally for years.

Most of everything they do these days isn't anything noteworthy anyways. I don't even log in to look up some details on their new game releases anymore. Several of them don't even have any info on Steam or PSN. I miss their morning releases, search for them once during Friday afternoon while I'm casually browsing my sites, go "that's it??" to myself, regret not purchasing about 1 out of 40 titles they drop, and then forget about it completely. That's about all there is to it.

i bought the two iffy games Mary Skelter & moe chronicles. I want to support idea factor in still supplying NA with physical games. They look like they might go digital only on some of their games from now on. A upcoming jrpg they are publishing, (forgot the name), is also going to be digital only. Hopefully lrg picks it up too.

Back when they release 2-3 games a month it is easy to buy everything.  Now they release 2 a week it is impossible to keep up.

bread's done
Back