Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
My metal slug 3 ce came in and its beautiful [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
3d19bee71fd0a45f84198d4483c75f5c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting on my Metal Slug 3 CE to arrive, but I did get my Corpse Killer CE yesterday.  No 3DO copy unfortunately as I got a piece of the film reel (which I imagine is really common).

Lrg is killing me lately with their releases. Something I've wanted every week almost. I've gone from waiting on 0 titles to 4 in my inbox and 2 more before the new year.

And then I'm prob gonna get some of the leftovers and blinds too...

Just to make sure I’m not misreading anything, all of the releases this week are 2-week preorders right? So I can wait until Dec 27 and combine the 3 release games this week with next week without accidentally missing something right?

Is it somewhat strange that with these prices LRG have I almost want to support digital more? I think i'm getting to a point where I don't want to replay games as much anymore, so when I'm done with the game I can just uninstall and go on instead of having to donate/sell/give to my sister/ whatever. I'm also never sure if these games are worth the given price, but sales prices I can get behind for sure.

Bought the Dark Devotion CE but kinda regretting it. LGR is just getting too expensive for this CAG when I can get games like Blossom Tales for $5 on the eshop instead of $35 to have physically. Same with Divinity 2, I want it but $60 is insane.

Bought the Dark Devotion CE but kinda regretting it. LGR is just getting too expensive for this CAG when I can get games like Blossom Tales for $5 on the eshop instead of $35 to have physically. Same with Divinity 2, I want it but $60 is insane.
I think I know how you feel. I got to the final checkout screen with one of each Dark Devotion CE, saw the final total with $12 shipping...and just lost interest and backed out.

Yeah, the price on Divinity is really bumming me out. It's usually $50 digitally so $60 physically kind of makes sense, but $60 is still a lot. It helps knowing how much of the cost goes straight to the developers, but knowing that doesn't make me rich enough to drop $60 apiece for games. It's too bad because that's a game that should be a no-brainer for me, but that's the way she goes sometimes. Oh well.

It has been nice that a lot of the recent LRG releases have either been low quality or priced too high.  As much as I hate digital games, its just not worth paying 5x+ for a physical copy unless a game is truly amazing.  LRG has really got greedy but I do appreciate the service they provide.  We just have to be smart as consumers when we make purchases from them.

As a side note - it is pretty lame they are milking the last few Vita releases.  One example is them releasing Rocketbirds 1 and 2 at separate times.  In addition, they force bundled a soundtrack with the games as well.  Many of us have 0 interest in game soundtracks yet we are forced to pay for it if we want the Vita game.  I have a feeling they are in competition with nicalis to release the "final US Vita game" so we may be at the end of 2020 before they release the final few games..

Yeah, the price on Divinity is really bumming me out. It's usually $50 digitally so $60 physically kind of makes sense, but $60 is still a lot. It helps knowing how much of the cost goes straight to the developers, but knowing that doesn't make me rich enough to drop $60 apiece for games. It's too bad because that's a game that should be a no-brainer for me, but that's the way she goes sometimes. Oh well.
Just buy it on PC or PS4. It'll be so much better.

I don't know why people are so gung-ho over certain types of games, or ALL GAMES, on the Switch. I understand wanting 16-bit games, retro titles, Final Fantasys, and certain types of fun-factor or party games on Nintendo. But Divinity is a CRPG that plays best on your computer.

I've said this before so apologies if I'm beating a dead horse, but the magic really feels gone from LRG. It was great when there were a few releases a month and they sold stuff that was on-hand. But the market is beyond saturated at this point and shipping times remain long with no real end in sight. I'm waiting on an order from September they've sold 50+ new SKUs since then. Coupled with the number of things slipping through the cracks (Timespinner manual, Atari box, Power Rangers DLC, etc.) I think they've just gotten too big. They went from darling small business to selling and publishing anything they can get their hands on.

Ultimately I can't and don't blame them for how they've grown (they are a business and businesses exist to make money, after all) but I don't see myself buying much after the remaining Vita games that are being held hostage.

Also, tangentially, you may have noticed I haven't done shipping updates here lately. While I'd love to continue doing so, there's no good source of information anymore. The Shipping Updates page is rarely updated and information is often inaccurate. For example, Celeste was being shipped back in October and taken off their updates page, but copies were still shipping as recently as last week. It's essentially logistics lottery when you get your games at this point, unfortunately.

I've said this before so apologies if I'm beating a dead horse, but the magic really feels gone from LRG. It was great when there were a few releases a month and they sold stuff that was on-hand. But the market is beyond saturated at this point and shipping times remain long with no real end in sight.
LRG is currently working on getting me one of my orders from back in January. Even though the items have been in-hand since September I believe.

Company has gone massively downhill and continues to do so.

I don't know why people are so gung-ho over certain types of games, or ALL GAMES, on the Switch. I understand wanting 16-bit games, retro titles, Final Fantasys, and certain types of fun-factor or party games on Nintendo. But Divinity is a CRPG that plays best on your computer.
It's the newest system and people like complete collections so with the least amount of games it's the easiest to try and get then all. And a lot of people are enchanted with the switch for whatever reason so they want everything they can on it.

Personally I buy very little on it and even those are just first party titles, even then most of those are just ported Wiiu games. Everything else is mostly games that have been out on other platforms for years and can be bought for a fraction of the price and run better. Like divinity 2 is 27 dollars right now on sale on psn, or you can buy a physical copy on ps4 and it will run alot better than the 60 dollars plus shipping version on lrg. That 65 bucks can buy me multiple games.

Switch is a nifty toy and all but it's by far my least used system. My playstation and pc are my primary sources for gaming.

A complete Switch collection sound like a nightmare to me. So many games coming out every week. And what about the ones that are just a code in a box or 2 or more games split between the cartridge and a code?

A complete Switch collection sound like a nightmare to me. So many games coming out every week. And what about the ones that are just a code in a box or 2 or more games split between the cartridge and a code?
So many red spines with small white font that you have to squint and read.

As much as I really do like my Switch I know some games just run poorly on it. I would never play something like Baldur's Gate 2 on it (that sounds like a nightmare) or even games that require twitchy precision and the game stutters or controls feel weird (I felt the lag sometimes in Sparklite and I know I couldn't control Enter the Gungeon for anything). I think I even have Mary Skelter 2 of all games stuttering now and then. I do love visual novels on it, some platformers, and games like Slay the Spire. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me gaming is basically portable or not at all at this point. At home it's me, my wife, our two kids, and one TV. The chances of me getting that TV to myself consistently enough to finish a game are near zero. In theory I could use my PC since it's perfectly capable, but I don't like it as much as I used to. I generally don't have large chunks of free time to devote to games, instead I have several small chunks of free time. Even if I did have the time it feels kind of isolated being off on my own compared to sitting next to my family on the couch. On the other hand, sometimes I like being alone for a while, but the PC needs to stay in a common area where everyone can use it if they need to. Plus I have to be able to stop everything at a moment's notice to go be a dad. And I often play games in other places than my home. And I've always had an affinity for portables even when I was more into console/PC gaming. And a computer chair will never be as comfortable as a couch, bed, recliner, etc. And I have this weird preference for carts over disks (and especially over digital)...

Having a portable system solves all these problems without having to rearrange any other part of my life or home. Sure, the games look, sound, and run better on PC, but when you take all this stuff into consideration they're actually less fun to play on PC for me, and I'd have a lot less time to play them. I like the Switch a lot, but more than that it's benefiting from being the only game in town when it comes to portables. The Vita and 3DS are both great too, as are the other portables I've ended up with over the years, but they're functionally dead at this point.

So there you go. That's why I want all my games on Switch now!

I've sat at a PC nearly every working day of my life for around 21 years. I still love PC's, but when I get home the last thing I want it is to boot a pc, use a mouse and keyboard, let alone sit at a desk or take over a tv to game. I love that the switch is a modular system. Most games play perfectly fine that I'm interested in.

Some people just want to take a system, push a button, and be instantly back where they left off in a game. For my valuable time, it's worth it to have gaming that convenient and in my hands or on occasion going over the tv. No waiting around. No installing first before playing a new physical game.

As much as I really do like my Switch I know some games just run poorly on it. I would never play something like Baldur's Gate 2 on it (that sounds like a nightmare) or even games that require twitchy precision and the game stutters or controls feel weird (I felt the lag sometimes in Sparklite and I know I couldn't control Enter the Gungeon for anything). I think I even have Mary Skelter 2 of all games stuttering now and then. I do love visual novels on it, some platformers, and games like Slay the Spire.
I could get used to BG on console I think but for some reason they made some of the menus and text microscopic in portable mode and it's borderline unplayable. It's heartbreaking because it's my favorite game of all time but it's best to keep games like that on PC.

Hope LRG or iam8bit can get Arise on a PS4 physical disc.

And while I'm asking, would still like to see a PS4 physical release of Full Throttle Remastered. And yeah, I realize that's probably near impossible now given MS owns Double Fine. That said, I say "near" since Phil Spencer seems far more interested in getting games on platforms. And since this one is an old, back catalog game - would only serve to make MS money.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me gaming is basically portable or not at all at this point. At home it's me, my wife, our two kids, and one TV. The chances of me getting that TV to myself consistently enough to finish a game are near zero. In theory I could use my PC since it's perfectly capable, but I don't like it as much as I used to. I generally don't have large chunks of free time to devote to games, instead I have several small chunks of free time. Even if I did have the time it feels kind of isolated being off on my own compared to sitting next to my family on the couch. On the other hand, sometimes I like being alone for a while, but the PC needs to stay in a common area where everyone can use it if they need to. Plus I have to be able to stop everything at a moment's notice to go be a dad. And I often play games in other places than my home. And I've always had an affinity for portables even when I was more into console/PC gaming. And a computer chair will never be as comfortable as a couch, bed, recliner, etc. And I have this weird preference for carts over disks (and especially over digital)...

Having a portable system solves all these problems without having to rearrange any other part of my life or home. Sure, the games look, sound, and run better on PC, but when you take all this stuff into consideration they're actually less fun to play on PC for me, and I'd have a lot less time to play them. I like the Switch a lot, but more than that it's benefiting from being the only game in town when it comes to portables. The Vita and 3DS are both great too, as are the other portables I've ended up with over the years, but they're functionally dead at this point.

So there you go. That's why I want all my games on Switch now!
I'm kind of in the same boat and have similar feelings. I've been buying more games lately on Switch just because it lets me stay with the family when appropriate. Granted, once the family is asleep is when I hit up the multiplayer games like Apex Legends and Call of Duty on the XB1/PS4.

I'm kind of in the same boat and have similar feelings. I've been buying more games lately on Switch just because it lets me stay with the family when appropriate. Granted, once the family is asleep is when I hit up the multiplayer games like Apex Legends and Call of Duty on the XB1/PS4.
I recently got one of those PS4 controller phone clips -- remote play on Android is absolutely fantastic.

Well, while inside the house anyway. I haven't been able to get Remote Play to work outside of my home wifi. I enabled all the ports as well as UPNP. Only thing I haven't tried so far is DMZ the PS4.

This x afuckingmillion

I LOVE the Switch. I enjoy it so much! But so, so, so many games are much worse on it. Yeah, portability can be a plus, but there are umpteen games that aren't a huge downgrade on switch (especially indies and obviously 1st party games). I'll play those on Switch and play shit like Doom or Divinity at home another platform to play the better version. People can and should do what they want, but the mindset of "ALL THINGS ON SWITCH NAO AGGGGH" just doesn't make any sense to me.

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

I recently got one of those PS4 controller phone clips -- remote play on Android is absolutely fantastic.

Well, while inside the house anyway. I haven't been able to get Remote Play to work outside of my home wifi. I enabled all the ports as well as UPNP. Only thing I haven't tried so far is DMZ the PS4.
Apparently I've been living under a rock and never realized Remote Play was expanded beyond the Vita. I'm going to have to look into this over the break.

I went ahead and did in-store pickup for Lumines and Windjammers (glad I waited and didn't order from LRG :whistle2: ). Glad to see they are still listed on sale today because I just picked up Gigawrecker back on the 11th so they better price-match.

Its no longer listed on the BB website, but it may still be available in some stores as I could have sworn I saw one in store within the last few weeks.
I still had it saved in my cart and did a store check and there are none within 250 miles of me sadly. I’ve been checking the stores in my area with no luck as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks you missed out but it was up on their site for atleast a month if not longer.  I'm sure if you keep an eye on Ebay you can find a deal on it, they printed a ton of them compared to a lot of other LRG switch games so it's not rare.

That sucks you missed out but it was up on their site for atleast a month if not longer. I'm sure if you keep an eye on Ebay you can find a deal on it, they printed a ton of them compared to a lot of other LRG switch games so it's not rare.
It was their first title sold at BB so it actually was available for over a year if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah it was available at Best Buy for a good long time. I was out of work for a while and struggled to get back on my feet so the game budget was $0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The production value on these games is astonishingly low. I mean, is there any budget, at all? There's no animation on those 3D models, and they look like they belong in PS1.

I barely have time to play the really decent RPGs that come out, so I know I wont ever play these. I tried to play one on my phone with a slime girl or something and it was not terrible, but nothing special about it either. Very cookie cutter. They must have some audience though I think most of it was rabid Vita collectors.

I don't think low production values necessitate a bad JRPG. It's just these games are reeeeaaaally low.

I would give them a shot, though. It's just a bit of animation and detail would go a long way in adding character to these games. The spells and creature design look so bland and outright unfinished. Still, there might still be some interesting mechanics or story under that ug.

I really liked the first Agarest War game, and that looked pretty dated... but still much better than these.

I dunno, maybe I'll be surprised if I ever get to trying one.

Kind of sad that LRG charges $30 for each of these generic Kemco RPGs, yet Kemco in Asia releases physical 4 game RPG collections for Switch and PS4 for $40 each. 

Yeah, its all about the preservation and not the money.....

Kind of sad that LRG charges $30 for each of these generic Kemco RPGs, yet Kemco in Asia releases physical 4 game RPG collections for Switch and PS4 for $40 each.

Yeah, its all about the preservation and not the money.....
*plus expensive shipping [emoji6]

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back