Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Heads up CAGS, Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection for Nintendo Switch seems to have completely dried up from all of my local stores. GameStop, Target, Walmart, Amazon. All Out Of Stock at the moment. Maybe retailers will receive more copies soon tho for all I know, but I figured I’d mention it incase any CAGs still wanted to pick it up & have an available Nintendo Switch copy to purchase in their area.
It's Capcom. This is most of what they do is sell catalogue games. It's not gone forever. There will be restocks and reprints.

I see that the PAX cover for Bloodstained is up on the site, but only for PS4. Have they said anything anywhere about the Switch version?

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk
The Switch version was a cover sheet only. It was given away to the first 200 people in line at the pop up shop.

I'm a little surprised the 'Samurai Shodown' titles aren't selling faster. Then again, they go on sale for a few bucks (including currently) on PSN quite frequently. LRG's countdown clock at the top of the site hasn't adjusted for daylight savings though.

I'm a little surprised the 'Samurai Shodown' titles aren't selling faster. Then again, they go on sale for a few bucks (including currently) on PSN quite frequently. LRG's countdown clock at the top of the site hasn't adjusted for daylight savings though.
fuck I didnt realize any games were going on sale today. I never got an email this week from LRG promoting this weeks sale. I just checked right now and SSVS is sold out and was the only thing i wanted fuck

I definitely got the reminder email yesterday and earlier this week, but the reminder email before the first batch went out 10 minutes late. Hopefully you can get in on the second batch.

They did, however, clarify that the game would not be DRM-free or on the disc.
This is what I was looking for. Ridiculous that a company with the messaging 'physical forever' is releasing a non physical game at worst or a bunch of mementos for a digital game at best.

I got Stranger Things 3 today for the Switch.  There was a cardboard envelope inside of the box and I had no idea that something else was supposed to come with it.  It included an alternate metallic/shiny cover sheet.   I checked the product listing and there was no mention of it.  Did they ever mention it?  I'm not complaining at all - it's pretty cool, especially for something I didn't even know about.  Or do they just like me?  I checked out some Ebay listings and don't see anyone listing this alternate cover sheet yet.

I got Stranger Things 3 today for the Switch. There was a cardboard envelope inside of the box and I had no idea that something else was supposed to come with it. It included an alternate metallic/shiny cover sheet. I checked the product listing and there was no mention of it. Did they ever mention it? I'm not complaining at all - it's pretty cool, especially for something I didn't even know about. Or do they just like me? I checked out some Ebay listings and don't see anyone listing this alternate cover sheet yet.
It was mentioned briefly here/twitter that orders during a timed window would get something. I can't find the original post that shared this, but I remember something was brought up to an extent.

fuck I didnt realize any games were going on sale today. I never got an email this week from LRG promoting this weeks sale. I just checked right now and SSVS is sold out and was the only thing i wanted fuck
Heck, they never listed the Curse of the Moon variant as going on sale on Friday. Just that it was Coming Soon. You just had to know Friday was their release day for it.

I'm so glad every phucking company is sending me an email about this virus. Thanks so much, Limited Run (as well as Kohl's and 1-800 Contacts and a bunch of others). I was really concerned about how you all were handling the situation.

I'm so glad every phucking company is sending me an email about this virus. Thanks so much, Limited Run (as well as Kohl's and 1-800 Contacts and a bunch of others). I was really concerned about how you all were handling the situation.
LOL

I was just thinking about this. Yeah, every company that has ever managed to make my mailing list has been sending me a "Dear Diary" letter about their feelings.

It makes you want to skull fuck employees at retail when they give you that 'taken aback' reaction when you tell them you don't want to provide your e-mail address.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of their recent overpriced output. Tiny Tank for $40 is a fucking joke. And those PS4 SNK ports for $30 are too much in my opinion. They should have been bundled together in 1 package. 

Not a fan of their recent overpriced output. Tiny Tank for $40 is a fucking joke. And those PS4 SNK ports for $30 are too much in my opinion. They should have been bundled together in 1 package.
Its been trending that way for a while unfortunately. Remember, Japan got 4 packs of those Kemco RPGs for $40 each, LRG charges $30 plus shipping for each one. Only way it will stop is if people just refuse to buy them anymore.

I'm actually okay with the SNK prices, since, if SNK self-published or went with another publisher that released these retail, they would've been $20-30 anyway. And in the case of both these SS games, this is the first physical release (only a single PS2 Japanese release for SSVI), so, to me, the price is alright.

But yeah, games like 'Tiny Tank' are overpriced.

If you ever want proof how much LRG blows, look no further than all of these collections of games released individually at $30-40 price premiums that could have easily, and should have been, released in multi-game collection packs.  Everything from Star Wars, to Jax, Samurai Showdown, to Kemco RPGs, Neo Geo games, you name it.  Don't get it twisted;  ALL they care about is money.  Their business has nothing to do with benefiting collectors or "the physical preservation of games". The first clue was all of their crappy paper-laden collectors editions.  They are taking entire catalogues of games , some of which contain a mere hundreds of megabytes of data and could easily fit onto a single disc, and splitting them out over several individual releases titles in order to profit as much as humanly possible and that's all there is to it. 

People need to wisen up.  Almost everyone on here has already.  But I still can't believe that other people support this kind of stuff.

If you post Twitter links as plain text they will show up in the thread instead of being a link.
Thanks for the heads up... I use Tapatalk, so I didn't notice the difference... I'll attempt plain text in Tapatalk, or just send the photos in addition to the link like I had been doing before.

If you ever want proof how much LRG blows, look no further than all of these collections of games released individually at $30-40 price premiums that could have easily, and should have been, released in multi-game collection packs. Everything from Star Wars, to Jax, Samurai Showdown, to Kemco RPGs, Neo Geo games, you name it. Don't get it twisted; ALL they care about is money. Their business has nothing to do with benefiting collectors or "the physical preservation of games". The first clue was all of their crappy paper-laden collectors editions. They are taking entire catalogues of games , some of which contain a mere hundreds of megabytes of data and could easily fit onto a single disc, and splitting them out over several individual releases titles in order to profit as much as humanly possible and that's all there is to it.

People need to wisen up. Almost everyone on here has already. But I still can't believe that other people support this kind of stuff.
Could be mistaken but wasn't there a time where they claimed pricing would run based on digital pricing?

I'm interested in SoR 4, but can't wait 4+ months after launch for it to show up.  All that CE stuff made in china will take that long if not longer.  I wish this was getting a regular retail release.  Even at Gamestop.

If you ever want proof how much LRG blows, look no further than all of these collections of games released individually at $30-40 price premiums that could have easily, and should have been, released in multi-game collection packs. Everything from Star Wars, to Jax, Samurai Showdown, to Kemco RPGs, Neo Geo games, you name it. Don't get it twisted; ALL they care about is money. Their business has nothing to do with benefiting collectors or "the physical preservation of games". The first clue was all of their crappy paper-laden collectors editions. They are taking entire catalogues of games , some of which contain a mere hundreds of megabytes of data and could easily fit onto a single disc, and splitting them out over several individual releases titles in order to profit as much as humanly possible and that's all there is to it.

People need to wisen up. Almost everyone on here has already. But I still can't believe that other people support this kind of stuff.
A business is in business to make money, that's it. Lrg is a business like any other. They never claimed to be your friend, pal, buddy or trying to make you as a individual happy.

If a business is able to sell a product and people buy it and they make money then they will continue to do so and will do it anyway they can. It isn't personal, it's impersonal because it's about money. If I had the chance to make money like they do, then make more I sure as hell would to. And so would you.

A business is in business to make money, that's it. Lrg is a business like any other. They never claimed to be your friend, pal, buddy or trying to make you as a individual happy.

If a business is able to sell a product and people buy it and they make money then they will continue to do so and will do it anyway they can. It isn't personal, it's impersonal because it's about money. If I had the chance to make money like they do, then make more I sure as hell would to. And so would you.
As much as I agree with Nothing's point, it really is on the consumer to deter this kind of behavior. They make money on every release, and even more by milking a compilation into multiple releases. If it keeps selling then they'll keep doing it.

Personally I ended up getting the last Vita games with a markup using some of my tax refund, so at this point I have the last releases that I felt "obligated" to buy. When they release Night in the Woods I'll buy a copy and if they end up getting something big like Goose Game I'll buy it, but it's going to take something on that level for me to make another purchase. Feels very liberating.

I haven't ordered from LRG in many weeks. I got off that train long ago. Its sad as I love to collect and play games but it started being tons of games I never heard of and wasn't even worth owning a physical copy to me. But obviously they still sell out mostly so there are those that are still their loyal customers.

I have actually ordered more lately from Strictly Limited and Special Reserve. But I am still picky what I get from those two companies.

click on the icon on the bottom right of the tweet (looks like an arrow pointing up inside a U) you will get a drop menu click copy link to tweet and paste the link here
Thank you for the response! This is exactly how I've been doing it... I just paste in Tapatalk versus the actual site, so I think that's the issue atm.

The more I look at the standard release SoR4 cover art, the more I completely dislike it.  Is it a work in progress or is that the final art.  The dude's face isn't even fully drawn in on the SoR version and both have far too much white space and lack any color which the original 3 (even the somewhat bad SoR3 cover art) all had.  The logo is also pretty weak looking.

The steel book looks solid.   They should use that instead of this garbage.

The more I look at the standard release SoR4 cover art, the more I completely dislike it. Is it a work in progress or is that the final art. The dude's face isn't even fully drawn in on the SoR version and both have far too much white space and lack any color which the original 3 (even the somewhat bad SoR3 cover art) all had. The logo is also pretty weak looking.

The steel book looks solid. They should use that instead of this garbage.
It's almost like *gasp* they're giving you a reason to spend more money on an edition with a steelbook!

bread's done
Back