Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Few weeks? You mean many months. With the delays in shipping, delays in producing all the crap for the CE's in China and actually getting them in the country, and then actually getting the games packaged up in their boxes and sealed... it's going to be a long time before any of this stuff ships. Plus it's being reported there is a good chance we'll have a second wave of the coronavirus in the Fall. So, some of this stuff may be easily delayed till 2021.
Keeping business going to pay people is noble, and I can't fault that(if true), but I agree 110% no way in hell a few weeks is the delay. What they are planning to do could go south as well, since your paying staff with future game money, that may or may not technically happen depending on how this all plays out.

So lets just say they have to be closed for a few months(not weeks), your now a ponzi scheme, as your selling new things, to pay for staff not really doing the job that pays them currently. Now I'm not saying this is criminal or anything, but when your using funds that are technically for something else, what happens if those future products aren't released for some reason? Or at month 5, many who ordered now need those funds because the country is even worse off, and they do charge backs in mass? What then?

This seems like the quickest way for everyone to be at home, as they will be out of business. If they want to pay staff to stay home, it should come out of their own pockets, but selling new things, to pay people to stay home doesn't seem the best way to handle this situation. But I will say, LRG is like "N", in that they know best, and I wish them well in this endeavor, even though I don't think it's a very well thought out idea.

I have a feeling stay at home orders are going to extend from April Xth to May 31st across the US. The shipping backlog is going to be monstrous for LRG. I'd expect a pre-order closing now to arrive in January 2021.

I will be ordering panzer-dragoon and shantae. Gonna have to look into any legal specific items on the site. Not gonna be waiting a year or 2 for my stuff I have some blood thirsty lawyers.

What do they mean by 'and the "part 2" update is out now on Apple Arcade'? Part 2 update of what..?
it looks like part of the game was released 1st on apple arcade back on 9/19/2019 and now they are releasing an update containing the conclusion of the game

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shantae_and_the_Seven_Sirens

The first part of the game was released for iOS on September 19, 2019 as a launch title of the Apple Arcade subscription service; the remainder of the game will be added with a forthcoming update. iPadOS and tvOS versions of the game on Apple Arcade were released on September 30. macOS versions of the game on Apple Arcade were released on October 7. The console and PC versions of the game, along with the Part 2 update for the Apple Arcade versions, are scheduled for release on May 28, 2020.

https://wayforward.com/wayforward-announces-new-details-and-release-date-for-shantae-and-the-seven-sirens/

Keeping business going to pay people is noble, and I can't fault that(if true), but I agree 110% no way in hell a few weeks is the delay. What they are planning to do could go south as well, since your paying staff with future game money, that may or may not technically happen depending on how this all plays out.

So lets just say they have to be closed for a few months(not weeks), your now a ponzi scheme, as your selling new things, to pay for staff not really doing the job that pays them currently. Now I'm not saying this is criminal or anything, but when your using funds that are technically for something else, what happens if those future products aren't released for some reason? Or at month 5, many who ordered now need those funds because the country is even worse off, and they do charge backs in mass? What then?

This seems like the quickest way for everyone to be at home, as they will be out of business. If they want to pay staff to stay home, it should come out of their own pockets, but selling new things, to pay people to stay home doesn't seem the best way to handle this situation. But I will say, LRG is like "N", in that they know best, and I wish them well in this endeavor, even though I don't think it's a very well thought out idea.
As long as they only spend from the profits and not the money needed for game production, packaging, shipping (including money to pay people who work for them to ship the games), ... etc... then they'll be ok.

If they dip into anything outside of expected profits then they'll be depending on future sales to get them out of the hole with current customers. The market has a very good chance of shrinking as this event hits the wallets of most people... which would put the whole company in jeopardy, if they are taking from more than the profits.

Given they are doubling down on selling stuff, extending order windows (which to some degree is supposed to help people hit hard right now), and attempting to milk as much business in what is the hardest time most people have probably ever faced in their lives... I wonder how bad off they are already? Especially with the statement that they gave everyone a bonus to help out, but that they won't be able to support their people if they have to shut down or alter course. So, they seem to be depending on new sales to survive right now and have no shame in launching tons of new sku's each week.

Well, the social distancing has been moved to April 30th as of today, and that would have been a plausible date only if places had been prepared for this, which sadly most states are not. I've been thinking from day 1, the end of May was much more likely a date for people to return to work, as that takes in to account places getting on the right track within the first 30 days. Maybe they get the OK for light staff by months end, but this situation hasn't peaked yet, and until that has happened, I don't know how anyone makes any long term plans like LRG seems to be trying? 

So while it seems they are trying to pay staff, it also kind of reads like they want to take advantage of the current climate, and helping staff is just the "tag line" to make it OK. Their main goal should be making sure when this is all over, they have a business for staff to return to, and continuing to sell things with no clue on when they may be able to get produced, seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Well, the social distancing has been moved to April 30th as of today, and that would have been a plausible date only if places had been prepared for this, which sadly most states are not. I've been thinking from day 1, the end of May was much more likely a date for people to return to work, as that takes in to account places getting on the right track within the first 30 days. Maybe they get the OK for light staff by months end, but this situation hasn't peaked yet, and until that has happened, I don't know how anyone makes any long term plans like LRG seems to be trying?

So while it seems they are trying to pay staff, it also kind of reads like they want to take advantage of the current climate, and helping staff is just the "tag line" to make it OK. Their main goal should be making sure when this is all over, they have a business for staff to return to, and continuing to sell things with no clue on when they may be able to get produced, seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
Funny, reading your second paragraph... are they actually getting anything done during this period? I mean, some those employees could prob pack older orders and process them for shipment. Even if their warehouse or whatever is super small, at least one person could go in and do something. Otherwise, like you said, they're just hemorrhaging money and people who bought stuff/paid for it could be screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, reading your second paragraph... are they actually getting anything done during this period? I mean, some those employees could prob pack older orders and process them for shipment. Even if their warehouse or whatever is super small, at least one person could go in and do something. Otherwise, like you said, they're just hemorrhaging money and people who bought stuff/paid for it could be screwed.
In many counties, including the county where they are located, you can't legally have an employee go into a workplace at all unless your business is engaged in food delivery or takeout, medication fulfillment or a very specific set of other critical services. The shipping of limited run video games is under no stretch of the definition a critical service.

Yeah, from what I gathered from the email they sent, those who can work from home are doing computer stuff(answering emails, order questions, cs, etc), but those are maybe just a few people. While everyone else is part of the shipping staff, and those staff can't do shipping unless it's from the warehouse, and that's not possible at the moment. So yeah, their pretty much using the funds that would be used for shipping of games in 3-6 months, to pay staff to stay at home now.

I mean I wish more companies were even showing a level of good faith like this, but when they may be in financial trouble in 6-12 months, will the same staff work for less or even free to help them out? Maybe, maybe not?

Well there is the whole loans part of the stimulus package.  IF they apply for a stimulus loan and keep their people employed till the end of this event then the loans will be forgiven other than the interest accrued.  So, they might be perfectly fine and be back to profiting off of this event very soon.

this was reply to some one asking on twitter 

https://twitter.com/Ancy_Spirit/status/1244897122350235648?s=20

Yeah, from what I gathered from the email they sent, those who can work from home are doing computer stuff(answering emails, order questions, cs, etc), but those are maybe just a few people. While everyone else is part of the shipping staff, and those staff can't do shipping unless it's from the warehouse, and that's not possible at the moment. So yeah, their pretty much using the funds that would be used for shipping of games in 3-6 months, to pay staff to stay at home now.

I mean I wish more companies were even showing a level of good faith like this, but when they may be in financial trouble in 6-12 months, will the same staff work for less or even free to help them out? Maybe, maybe not?
Yeah I'm not buying anything from LRG till they begin shipping again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I actually got a shipping notice on Thursday afternoon for one of my orders (contained Costume Quest 2 which was long delayed).  It caught me by surprise because I thought they weren't doing ANY shipping.  Of course, it could mean that they just marked it for shipping and it won't actually ship for weeks or months.

I actually got a shipping notice on Thursday afternoon for one of my orders (contained Costume Quest 2 which was long delayed). It caught me by surprise because I thought they weren't doing ANY shipping. Of course, it could mean that they just marked it for shipping and it won't actually ship for weeks or months.
My Costume Quest 2 was marked as shipped on the 25th of March, but actually started moving yesterday. Says Monday delivery.

if they dont answer, that means it must be the old censored ps2 version. $40 extra for the extra goodies not worth it. maybe for $20 more.

What I'd like to know is if it's really true that the American release is actually the uncensored version that came out in Europe. Every search I do on the topic only results in articles or posts that were written before the game was released on PSN, with people speculating that it was going to be the uncensored European "Fahrenheit" version that would be released worldwide, but there's been nothing confirming that was true after release.

if they dont answer, that means it must be the old censored ps2 version. $40 extra for the extra goodies not worth it. maybe for $20 more.
I can't imagine they would have Quantic Dream go through all the trouble to create a brand new PS2-to-PS4 port just for a Limited Run Release when they can use the same PS2-to-PS4 that's already out there. I mean, let's look at all the other PS2-to-PS4 games that LRG has put out, like Jak. Did they use the ones that had already been released on PSN or did they compile new ones?

What I'd like to know is if it's really true that the American release is actually the uncensored version that came out in Europe. Every search I do on the topic only results in articles or posts that were written before the game was released on PSN, with people speculating that it was going to be the uncensored European "Fahrenheit" version that would be released worldwide, but there's been nothing confirming that was true after release.

I can't imagine they would have Quantic Dream go through all the trouble to create a brand new PS2-to-PS4 port just for a Limited Run Release when they can use the same PS2-to-PS4 that's already out there. I mean, let's look at all the other PS2-to-PS4 games that LRG has put out, like Jak. Did they use the ones that had already been released on PSN or did they compile new ones?
Having played the PSN version a few months ago, I can confirm it's not the uncensored version from Europe.

I thought they said their shipping department was shut down?
Well, having been here since the start, they have always done tracking info even when the items in question may not have shipped for weeks. I would expect the same thing is happening now, the wait will just probably be months at this point, instead of weeks. So just because you got a shipping notice, doesn't mean anything has actually shipped, and probably won't until they open back up shop.

Oh yeah, I forgot they like to print shipping label way ahead of time even though they have no plan to ship your items. Another one of LRG terrible practice to make you think that your games are coming.

this was reply to some one asking on twitter

https://twitter.com/Ancy_Spirit/status/1244897122350235648?s=20
To make it more complex, 'original PS2' version could be European (uncensored) or American (censored) since Quantic Dream is French. I also asked Doug and Josh on Twitter. No reply, which tells me it's the censored version. For the record, they have responded to my questions on Twitter before.

Having played the PSN version a few months ago, I can confirm it's not the uncensored version from Europe.
Wow! I haven't played that version, but all documentation seems to indicate that is supposed to be based on the uncensored M rated PC version.

BOW DOWN TO THE MASTERS

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1247188599621197824?s=20
Return of the RPG Masters of the Universe.

giphy.gif

I have quite a few of these trading cards now, but I personally am not into collecting cards anymore. I did that with Pokemon TCG and it was a money pit. I'd almost rather they go to someone who cares and collects them, but I dont want to spend a ton to ship them somewhere

I have quite a few of these trading cards now, but I personally am not into collecting cards anymore. I did that with Pokemon TCG and it was a money pit. I'd almost rather they go to someone who cares and collects them, but I dont want to spend a ton to ship them somewhere
Yeah, I've never actively collected any TC, but I was interested in these, just because they were included free with orders anyways, I figured why not. But, since the actual booster packs didn't arrive until years after the fact, I started selling mine when I started selling my Vita games a few months back. Since I no longer buy games at LRG, there was no reason for me to continue, as I was no longer getting the freebies, and had no interest in buying the packs, as the mood had past.

Shipping wasn't bad at all, at least not for the inexpensive cards, as I threw them in a business envelope with a stamp and a small rigid backing, and it was all good. The ones I sold that went for a good amount, I did end up having to ship in a more durable and secure manner, but since those sold for good money, I was happy to cover the added cost.

I like the cards tbh. I have 2 little binders from lrg that I keep them in in numerical order. I filled one up and was excited. I'm not trying to get a full set but I definitely like to flip through them and see my collection. I got screwed out of my cards a few orders and it definitely impacted my excitement about the game. It's a little thing, but I like it. I don't think I'd ever intentionally buy any, but I might add a pack to my order sometimes for fun. I enjoy them for what they are and I'd like the option to get more!

Also - dammit they got me with that black bird game. Weird enough for me to buy.

The CE's I can imagine going to 2021.  The Standard version might make it out in 2020.  Either way, yeah, other than the serious collector or mega fan of the series ... this was one of the games I was convinced I'd be better off going digital for... if it turns out good.  That's the other thing, all these preorders and imagine if it is no where near as good as people are hoping.  Too much of a gamble.  At least there's some time to preorder after some reviews and feedback happen.

Can't imagine purchasing SoR4 and having to wait 2-4 months when the game will be out in 2 weeks.
if it comes prepatched with the inevitable day-1 patch I'm absolutely fine. They already confirmed Panzer Dragoon will be prepatched when the physical gets pressed.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1246943128973643776?s=20
Man I want one of those packs just to put in with some of my other odds and ends from them but they make it about impossible to get one. I don't even want a ton, just one pack for shits n giggles.

The CE's I can imagine going to 2021. The Standard version might make it out in 2020. Either way, yeah, other than the serious collector or mega fan of the series ... this was one of the games I was convinced I'd be better off going digital for... if it turns out good. That's the other thing, all these preorders and imagine if it is no where near as good as people are hoping. Too much of a gamble. At least there's some time to preorder after some reviews and feedback happen.
Wow that's pretty crazy. It'd be nice if people who ordered the physical got a download code to play it when it comes out.

This is my first time considering purchasing from LRG as I am a big SoR fan but after reading through this thread it seems like they can't maintain the current amount of orders they have, yet keep announcing new titles.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1248264764989546496

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1248272039955267585

"There's a pandemic and people are strapped for cash, what should we do?"

"Keep selling things!"

"But we can't ship now and Sony/Nintendo factories are backed up."

"You're right. We need to list even more games."

I know that these dates/contracts were signed long ago and the timing is an unfortunate coincidence, but contracts can be altered and rewritten. Seems a little tone deaf to keep pumping stuff out at this volume, even with the "extended" pre-order windows.

Wow that's pretty crazy. It'd be nice if people who ordered the physical got a download code to play it when it comes out.

This is my first time considering purchasing from LRG as I am a big SoR fan but after reading through this thread it seems like they can't maintain the current amount of orders they have, yet keep announcing new titles.
On the bright side, "you'll get your shit eventually". So as long as you are cool waiting ... they are pretty reliable with actually doing most of what they say. It's also still possible there will be a deal with Best Buy, so you can always just wait towards the last couple days of the preorder and decide then. If you are a diehard SoR fan that has to have a physical copy... this is still the place to watch.

The problem with CE's is that they have most of the contents produced in China... and beyond the backlog of production there's the logistics of getting the items into the states. For Switch releases, there's an added hiccup in that Nintendo ships the carts to the publisher. The publishers then uses a third party to assemble the final sealed release game. So all items (insert, manual, etc) have to be manufactured and ready along with the carts for final assembly. This can add a month to a game that the carts are on hand. All of these delays are amplified by the coronavirus shutting down much of the country.

Setting your expectations to something realistic, makes it easier to stomach the purchase.

For me, I'm not spending anything till I get reviews and gamer feedback. If it's not up to par with the series, it'll be an easy pass.

On the bright side, "you'll get your shit eventually". So as long as you are cool waiting ... they are pretty reliable with actually doing most of what they say. It's also still possible there will be a deal with Best Buy, so you can always just wait towards the last couple days of the preorder and decide then. If you are a diehard SoR fan that has to have a physical copy... this is still the place to watch.

The problem with CE's is that they have most of the contents produced in China... and beyond the backlog of production there's the logistics of getting the items into the states. For Switch releases, there's an added hiccup in that Nintendo ships the carts to the publisher. The publishers then uses a third party to assemble the final sealed release game. So all items (insert, manual, etc) have to be manufactured and ready along with the carts for final assembly. This can add a month to a game that the carts are on hand. All of these delays are amplified by the coronavirus shutting down much of the country.

Setting your expectations to something realistic, makes it easier to stomach the purchase.

For me, I'm not spending anything till I get reviews and gamer feedback. If it's not up to par with the series, it'll be an easy pass.
I didn't realize that there was a 3rd party involved for Switch game assembly. I bet that explains why so, so, so many of their Switch games have damaged cover art, when that's not a problem with Vita and PS4.

bread's done
Back