Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
That’s the Classic Edition. Collectors edition came with a statue
There isn't one called "Collectors Edition". There's the Limited Edition and the Brawlers Bundle (LE + Vinyl Sountrack). The LE has the Statue. The CE, is the Classic Edition and it's still open preorder. The CE is included in the LE. But again, there isn't a "Collectors Edition".

$69.99 feels like an appropriate price and the contents are great. That's a really nice looking steelbook

There isn't one called "Collectors Edition". There's the Limited Edition and the Brawlers Bundle (LE + Vinyl Sountrack). The LE has the Statue. The CE, is the Classic Edition and it's still open preorder. The CE is included in the LE. But again, there isn't a "Collectors Edition".
LRG themselves called it a “limited collector’s edition”, and then use CE to describe it.

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/1255228510525894657?s=21

EDIT: And yes, they did list it on their site as LE. Still, it’s hard to argue with someone calling it a CE when LRG did that very thing on their announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to be all over those Shantae CEs, now I see the games heading to gamepass with 100% inevitability..not sure if it's worth the buy nowadays.

Was it already known that this was a thing?

Signature Edition Games is releasing Streets of Rage 4, too.  And they also love enamel pins.

Switch-Glamshot_600x600.jpg

Was it already known that this was a thing?

Signature Edition Games is releasing Streets of Rage 4, too. And they also love enamel pins.

Switch-Glamshot_600x600.jpg
Nope, just announced today. Apparently they'll have standard ESRB copies too, which works out great for anyone who preordered from LRG already. :roll:

not ESRB they have PEGI copies
Merge Games will release this into standard retail in ESRB regions is appears (like almost all their releases that get a PEGI Signature Edition). Good for XBox One owners I guess. This would also explain why Best Buy is not carrying the LRG version - they will just carry the Merge Games retail release. Kind of shady for LRG not to be upfront about this in the preorder window...unless they were blindsided as well.

Merge Games will release this into standard retail in ESRB regions is appears (like almost all their releases that get a PEGI Signature Edition). Good for XBox One owners I guess. This would also explain why Best Buy is not carrying the LRG version - they will just carry the Merge Games retail release. Kind of shady for LRG not to be upfront about this in the preorder window...unless they were blindsided as well.
Maybe they were blindsided, depending on their contract. Even if they knew, I can understand favoring one's own release over another's.

I can't believe people are already trying to sell the new Shantae game on Ebay as a "preorder" at over MSRP.  It would be even more crazy if anyone bought it from them since it's an open pre-order for a month at LRG.

Seems like it's the LRG standard copy + key ring and better manual.  I'll preorder a copy when Best Buy has them up. Not sure if I want PS4 or switch copy.

Yeah, I would like input on whether to get SOR4 on Switch or PS4. Besides one being portable, is there any performance differences between the two? Any other differences?

Josh on twitter said it's well known that LRG deals aren't exclusive...
You've GOT to be kidding. I've been buying from them almost from the beginning and this wasn't "well-known" to me.

Is this not the first time that an LRG "pre-order" is getting a simultaneous wide release from another publisher? They used to moan about deals before when other publishers received rights to the same title! Didn't Ghost Blade HD get cancelled by LRG because they didn't see the point when there was a Play Asia version? Weren't they kind of blindsided by THAT deal?

But, now we're all just supposed to know that an LRG release could ultimately be released by ANYONE else at ANY TIME.

haha.... I haven't been bothered by most of the issues people complain about, but this one kind of bothers me.

Yeah, I would like input on whether to get SOR4 on Switch or PS4. Besides one being portable, is there any performance differences between the two? Any other differences?
Digital Foundry did a great port comparison. TLDR: The Switch version is surprisingly competent and even runs at a mostly solid 60 FPS. I'd say it comes down to whether you want trophies, want to play portably, where your friends are, etc.

You've GOT to be kidding. I've been buying from them almost from the beginning and this wasn't "well-known" to me.

Is this not the first time that an LRG "pre-order" is getting a simultaneous wide release from another publisher? They used to moan about deals before when other publishers received rights to the same title! Didn't Ghost Blade HD get cancelled by LRG because they didn't see the point when there was a Play Asia version? Weren't they kind of blindsided by THAT deal?

But, now we're all just supposed to know that an LRG release could ultimately be released by ANYONE else at ANY TIME.

haha.... I haven't been bothered by most of the issues people complain about, but this one kind of bothers me.
They’ve always said that they only own the rights for the single run that they do.

I’ve been interested in the steelbook version, but I’ve been waiting until the end to see if anything new pops up.

The Merge Games version is supposed to be out in July so it may even be in stores before the LRG version ships.

They’ve always said that they only own the rights for the single run that they do.
That isn't the same thing as saying these is no exclusivity window. I do recall them saying that someone else can also release their titles. What I didn't know is that anyone else could simultaneously release their titles (the Merge release might even come out first) and I do know they have been annoyed when a developer has made multiple publishing agreements. Besides Ghost Blade - again, which resulted in them outright cancelling - I think there may have been one other title that caused them some heartburn? Not sure.

As i said earlier, there was no way this games wasn't going to be available elsewhere. 

reminds me of Muv-Luv.. those that pre-ordered that game.. waited forever. (yes it's kickstarter game etc. not Lrg) we all got our copies them they began selling it retail.. man i was like what in the hell at first lol

That isn't the same thing as saying these is no exclusivity window. I do recall them saying that someone else can also release their titles. What I didn't know is that anyone else could simultaneously release their titles (the Merge release might even come out first) and I do know they have been annoyed when a developer has made multiple publishing agreements. Besides Ghost Blade - again, which resulted in them outright cancelling - I think there may have been one other title that caused them some heartburn? Not sure.
Well, what someone else does is out of LRG control isn't it? While this may look scummy on their part, who would spend time, money and promotion for a game like this, only to have someone else offer it before you have even finished offering yours?

This actually happens to me on Ebay on a rather regular basis, as I'll offer a game that hasn't been listed or seen on Ebay for months, sometimes years, and no sooner than I list my item, some other clown offers his. Which in turn, makes both copies look less interesting to the masses. LRG can no more control the publisher, or other "limited" sellers than any of us can, as people are going to do what they want, if it's good for them, all or none. Look no further than local news to see this mentality at work.

They always said from day one, that a publisher could release a game 5 times, and they would never release their own version again, and so far, that seems to have been true. Lets just say they did know 100%, what was their option? No one in their right mind would offer a game like this the same time as someone else, as it's bad for both offerings. As of a week ago, we all thought LRG was the only place this game would be offered, now it's not, why is LRG responsible for promoting other publishers offering the same game as them?

I know most here want to hate on LRG(I swore them off myself), but this is some next level square peg in the round hole shit right here. I'm sure in the past, they figured no publisher would cannibalize a partners sells, by offering a game at the same time as another, so that's probably why we never saw a policy on this, as it' makes no sense. Even when games like Soldner X2, it was offered after LRG version, and it was in high demand, so it made sense when it happened(out of their control either way). I'm sure LRG would hope a publisher wouldn't screw them over like this, but looking around the world currently, nothing anyone does surprises me anymore, which is rather sad, but reality none the less!

reminds me of Muv-Luv.. those that pre-ordered that game.. waited forever. (yes it's kickstarter game etc. not Lrg) we all got our copies them they began selling it retail.. man i was like what in the hell at first lol
Amen brother. That was the only kickstarter I had done other than Shenmue 3 (which I got before it hit retail)... and it kind of burned seeing it go to retail. I would have happily waited ... but it seemed like such a niche thing that wouldn't get a real release.

They always said from day one, that a publisher could release a game 5 times, and they would never release their own version again, and so far, that seems to have been true
LRG has done more than one print. I forget the game, as it wasn't important to me, but it had a cover variant and was on PS4.

As far as overlapping options for games. LRG made a big stink over Retro City Girls being offered for preorder at Play-Asia. So I think there is some contractual obligation not to do other prints while they are selling their version. That said, didn't they extend the preorder window for SoR4? So maybe this was supposed to be done before this news came out. Whatever the case, glad the news dropped before the preorder window closed... though to be fair, I wasn't going to buy from LRG and wait forever for it.

I can't believe people are already trying to sell the new Shantae game on Ebay as a "preorder" at over MSRP. It would be even more crazy if anyone bought it from them since it's an open pre-order for a month at LRG.
Well I guess the current pandemic not only left people with agoraphobia but also made them incredibly stupid.

I won't be surprise if Shantae gets a retail release.
Seven Sirens? Did LRG sign it as an exclusive or something? Or were you just saying in general, you think it'll get a regular retail release? I hope it gets a regular retail release.

I avoided Panzer Dragoon because I'm just tired of all the uncertainties with LRG releases: the long production times, not knowing if you'll get a patched/fully working copy, and now all the COVID related delays (granted, that's not LRG exclusive but I don't know if they are or will handle it in the best way). I'd like to go to Amazon or Target and buy a copy.

Yeah Amazon or Walmart... walmart for that discount, but Amazon as a nice backup.  Hopefully Shantae Seven Sirens ends up with a regular retail version.

at this point, most likely Shantae gonna have retail release like this too. it's a popular game. the past Shantae games have been all retail released. i wont be surprised. the only limited part is their contents in the CE like the steelbook.

Seven Sirens? Did LRG sign it as an exclusive or something? Or were you just saying in general, you think it'll get a regular retail release? I hope it gets a regular retail release.

I avoided Panzer Dragoon because I'm just tired of all the uncertainties with LRG releases: the long production times, not knowing if you'll get a patched/fully working copy, and now all the COVID related delays (granted, that's not LRG exclusive but I don't know if they are or will handle it in the best way). I'd like to go to Amazon or Target and buy a copy.
Just a guess on Seven Sirens. Half-Genie Hero got so many release (Vita, PS4, Switch, Wii U) in all 3 regions that I find it hard they would only sell to LRG.

Well, what someone else does is out of LRG control isn't it? While this may look scummy on their part, who would spend time, money and promotion for a game like this, only to have someone else offer it before you have even finished offering yours?
If your take is that LRG didn't know about the Merge release, fine. That makes DotEmu incredibly shady. Someone screwed someone here and, ultimately, some of LRG's customers should feel like something underhanded has gone on. The buck still stops with LRG, though. If they didn't know, I sympathize.... still annoyed, but I sympathize.

Very little of what LRG does bothers me. The usual rants in this thread don't register. I buy so much from them and am fine with most of what they do. Their CEs are ridiculous, but I still occasionally buy them when it's a license I can't resist even though I think the contents and presentation are insulting for the price. This SOR4 LE looks to be one of their better ones - it helped that it had 2 of the things I most look for in a CE - an artbook and a soundtrack. I sure hope that artbook is more extensive than the one in Merge's $34.99 version.

But, please, if LRG know about this everyone can spare the excuses. Yes, LRG can do whatever they want. That has been established multiple times. And I don't need the "stop buying from them" retort that is inevitably coming from somewhere. This is a one-off (so far). But, it is a huge black mark on their SOR4 release. If today was a shock to them, no hard feelings - apologize and make sure it doesn't happen again. But, people acting like everyone should have expected this because they always said other publishers could publish games? Yeah, no. I remember they were not happy during the Ghost Blade situation. This is way worse. I really hope Merge selling this in the U.S. is a mistake and LRG is about to put a stop to it. It really doesn't bother me if Merge releases this overseas, but they should totally allow cancellations for customers who reside in whatever region the Merge version gets sold.

Even the goodwill generated from the whole "send LE buyers a digital code since we know there is no shot they are getting the game anytime in the near future" was tarnished when it was a friggin' STEAM KEY. Thanks. Too expensive to send out Switch/PS4 keys. I ordered two console versions because I'm a PC gamer.

The hammering on Twitter has begun.

I see Josh tweeted that today has been a "dumpster fire", so maybe they were blindsided by the Merge release. If so, I'm less bothered.

I guess I'm not pissed about it because it's better for all of us if these games are widely available. Exclusivity for its own sake is dumb. If you like buying from LRG, buy from them. If you like Best Buy, or Amazon, or Signature Edition, buy it there. Ideally that's how it would work with every game, there are just practical issues that keep that from happening. Hope to see more of this in the future.

bread's done
Back