Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
LRG have definitely said many times that they typically do not hold exclusivity on games. I actually held off buying SoR4 from LRG because of that. I felt that it was too big not to be released more widely. Now I can get it from Amazon and save on shipping.

I guess I'm not pissed about it because it's better for all of us if these games are widely available. Exclusivity for its own sake is dumb. If you like buying from LRG, buy from them. If you like Best Buy, or Amazon, or Signature Edition, buy it there. Ideally that's how it would work with every game, there are just practical issues that keep that from happening. Hope to see more of this in the future.
I'd wager the majority of people upset about non exclusivity on games with places like lrg are deep down only actually upset because they want to own something other people want. It boils down to wanting something they can get a sense of self satisfaction out of having some others want, or they want to gloat about it, or just want to be able to sell it for a lot of money. That's the only real reason someone would get upset lrg isn't the only source.

Personally I don't care because I don't give a toss about what 7+ billion strangers in the world have or what they think of what I have. Then again I buy games to open them and play them. I bought Godzilla on PS4 last year for 20 bucks brand new and despite seeing eBay prices I cracked it open this morning to play after I finished final fantasy 7 remake.

This game not being in a LRG stranglehold is good for consumers. Some games deserve a retail release and it was inevitable with the hype, nostalgia, and good reviews.

Ironic if LRG's copies weren't out on July 21. A double FU to their most ardent supporters and scalpers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank god i waited till the last weekend to get SoR4. Now i'll gladly get the Merge release. So much better than LRG. I hope someone else does Brigandine as well. 

So I'm kinda new to this whole limited run games and I'm a bit confused here, I want to get SoR 4 Physical on my Switch, I was going to pre-order it from limited run games but now I see another place have it on pre-order. Any advice on which one to get? Are there going to be any differences in the game version itself? I see Limited run games have it for $34.99 while the other place have it for $39.99 so normally I would get it from the cheaper place. I know the one for $39.99 comes with a key chain but I don't care about that, I only want the cartridge and the manual if there is one, also I don't care when I get it, lol been waiting for years for SoR 4 to happen so few more months is nothing lol. 

So which one should I go for? 

Thanks.

reminds me of Muv-Luv.. those that pre-ordered that game.. waited forever. (yes it's kickstarter game etc. not Lrg) we all got our copies them they began selling it retail.. man i was like what in the hell at first lol
That sucked, the retail copies were out well before the kickstarter ones. At least they gave digital codes to backers to make up for it.

So I'm kinda new to this whole limited run games and I'm a bit confused here, I want to get SoR 4 Physical on my Switch, I was going to pre-order it from limited run games but now I see another place have it on pre-order. Any advice on which one to get? Are there going to be any differences in the game version itself? I see Limited run games have it for $34.99 while the other place have it for $39.99 so normally I would get it from the cheaper place. I know the one for $39.99 comes with a key chain but I don't care about that, I only want the cartridge and the manual if there is one, also I don't care when I get it, lol been waiting for years for SoR 4 to happen so few more months is nothing lol.

So which one should I go for?

Thanks.
LRG charges shipping. Game should be the same.

Throwing a stink because you wanted exclusive ownership over a game means you need to reevaluate things in your life.

A wide retail release is a good thing.

Throwing a stink because you wanted exclusive ownership over a game means you need to reevaluate things in your life.

A wide retail release is a good thing.
The stink was never about exclusivity. It's about knowing what options you have and where to purchase your game. There's a good amount of people who would rather purchase the game at retail than deal with LRG slow shipping and terrible shipping cost.

LRG has been sloppy with how they dealt with their SOR4 release, don't forget how they handle the SOR4 CE.

Sorry to ask again, but people are talking about it being available on places like Amazon, does that means it's safe to not pre-order it right now, or should I pre-order it just to be on the safe side?
If you want LRG version buy from them, otherwise wait for amazon/gamestop/best buy to carry it.

I put in a support ticket to cancel my order, will reply when I hear something. I only wanted to have a physical copy on the high end consoles and at the time if the game was just LRG then that meant buying a PS4 copy and playing the XB1 version on Game Pass in the meantime. Now that there will be a full retail release I'd rather just have the XB1 version physically so I won't have to restart and I know it will 100% be backwards compatible on the new hardware (Sony is still a little unclear on what is and won't be BC Day 1 on PS5.)

Edit: I added a $1 donation to the Video Game History Foundation so I'm worried what that might do in terms of trying to cancel the order.

I guess I'm not pissed about it because it's better for all of us if these games are widely available. Exclusivity for its own sake is dumb. If you like buying from LRG, buy from them. If you like Best Buy, or Amazon, or Signature Edition, buy it there. Ideally that's how it would work with every game, there are just practical issues that keep that from happening. Hope to see more of this in the future.
Yes, that is easy to say now. Of course almost everyone would prefer wide releases. I wonder if anyone is upset about the concept of a wide release. The problem is that announcement of wide release coming right before LRG's open pre-order window closed when LRG typically doesn't allow cancellations. If LRG wants to allow cancellations for anyone that wants the Merge release, there is no problem.

It still amazes me that there are people out there who want to pretend like they anticipated this happening when it never has happened before. You guys are just amazing. I'm not talking about a potential second release. I'm talking about a second release that ships before the LRG release.

LRG must see this as not normal since they are now allowing cancellations due to the Merge release.

Josh brought up "Wonder Boy", even though he seems to understand the difference here. He says he had no way to know about this, which does put DotEmu in a kind of underhanded situation. Yet, this has also caused Josh to plan on trying to add an exclusivity window into contracts. What that window will be is unclear - someone suggested that a title just remain exclusive until LRG ships the game and Josh said that was his plan. For me, I doubt I'd care - this one is pretty bad since I am pretty sure the Merge release will ship before the LRG release.

Anyone ordering the LE/CE really shouldn't have that much to complain about since the Merge release doesn't offer the same thing.

It is really his fault though, how can you not have an exclusive timed contract that prevent another publisher from competing against your own game release window? He keep stating he wants to be developer friendly and not lock anyone in exclusive contracts, but at least use some common sense to protect your own product release window. But either way LRG screw up is really a win for the majority of the people.

Off topic but has anyone ever ordered from https://physicalitygames.com/collections/physical-games. They seem to have some nice Steelbook bundles up for preorder.
I did, but I remain unconvinced that their games will ever see the light of day. The business model is essentially crowdfunding with no guarantee that the game will ever be produced and no incentive to preorder since reprints will be made assuming the initial print happens.

I was mildly tempted by Streets of Rage 4 but then I remembered they still haven't delivered my Blasphemous LE. Going on half a year now but at least they're updating their page saying it's coming this month (believe it when I see it :roll: ). Works out in my favor it seems since I'll pick Rage when it's $15 on BF at BB.

I'm not convinced any of those Physicality games will exist either. Not sure how those jabronies got Guilty Gear

Doing a quick search i found a Gamasutra article talking about it online. Physicality games launched in March 2020. They seem legit but the quarantine scenario might of messed up their plans.

I knew of the Guilty Gear CE coming out since arcsys advertised it themselves but i didn't know it was through a limited type vendor.

I'm thinking about ordering Rolling Gunner as well. How much was shipping?
Edit : oh I'm assuming $8 for the CE, but I'll probably just get a standard ed.

Are we 100% sure that Merge Games will sell Streets of Rage 4 on Best Buy/Walmart/Gamestop etc? Cause the listing on amazon is not available and LRG ends their pre-order tomorrow. 

Made my pre-order with Limited Run on Friday with full knowledge of the other release.  They might not be the perfect company but I appreciate some of the titles they have made available in physical format, so don't mind sticking with them on this one.

I honestly actually really wanted the figure, and with how intensely rare the CE is, I guess I'll stick with it. Though I do have this steam key now, I want to have a 4 player couch co-op night with SOR4..and it'd be nice to just open thep hysical game and put it in

I don't really see the big deal. This won't be the first game that LRG printed that has separate runs. It's certainly the fastest, but they are offering refunds, so what's the problem?

LRG is far from perfect, but they're not as bad as a lot of entitled fucks like to make them out to be.

Do we think amazon or Best Buy will have pre orders? I guess I’ll skip limited run’s order and I could do game stop. Does game stop ship gutted games if you do pre order?
Amazon was actually the first to have the preorders up but for some reason they took it down.

Amazon was actually the first to have the preorders up but for some reason they took it down.
They do this with all the Merge games for some reason. They put them up for a day or two and then shut them down, only to reopen them again a week or so later and keep them open until release. The same thing just happened with House Flipper and Spirit of the North.

Do we think amazon or Best Buy will have pre orders? I guess I’ll skip limited run’s order and I could do game stop. Does game stop ship gutted games if you do pre order?
You should be fine if you preorder online. In-store, it depends on how many copies they get and if you are last to pick up.

Added the switch version to my wishlist on Amazon.  That cover art is, IMO, the best of all versions.  I'm hoping though that Walmart gets the retail version... so will hold out for that.

Apparently Signature Editions version of SoR 4 is getting hella orders.

The game is looking to be doing crazy good. I, honestly, wonder what the fellas creating the new Battletoads are feeling about this. Their game should be paralleling the hype for SoR, instead it's faded into obscurity after being dumped on by fans. Really shows the value in staying true to the source material.

Looks like both the Switch and PS4 versions of the new Shantae game will be carried by Best Buy per the item descriptions at LRG.  Still think I'm going to order the CE from LRG though as it seems really good.  I also don't think we will see any other publishers of this besides LRG (for the time being) due to Wayforward's great relationship with LRG.

Apparently Signature Editions version of SoR 4 is getting hella orders.

The game is looking to be doing crazy good.
I don't have any nostalgia for Streets of Rage, I mean I played them all as a kid but they were just some fun games that never stuck with me much. Played the first level of SoR4 on my bro's game pass and it completely blew me away. Went and ordered a physical version immediately. Can't wait to play it in a few months or whenever it's supposed to get here.

Also I legit forgot that new Battletoads game was a thing until I read your post. So point proven I guess lol.

Looks like both the Switch and PS4 versions of the new Shantae game will be carried by Best Buy per the item descriptions at LRG. Still think I'm going to order the CE from LRG though as it seems really good. I also don't think we will see any other publishers of this besides LRG (for the time being) due to Wayforward's great relationship with LRG.
oh nice! that's two games I can just wait on for now at Bestbuy. Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if the Panzer Dragoon physical release will be sold by Best Buy? I haven't heard any news on it in a while.

Does anyone know if the Panzer Dragoon physical release will be sold by Best Buy? I haven't heard any news on it in a while.
BestBuy typically doesn't list LRG games until they're closer to shipping. Given current delays, that's anyone's guess. It's still coming though.

Well the new update for Panzer Dragoon Remake went live today, and while I haven't found any in-depth discussion about it yet, the gameplay videos out there look massively improved. Plus, the official Twitter account for the game has confirmed that the patch will be on the physical cart. So whenever that goes up on Best Buy I'll probably be grabbing a copy. Very nice to see that things worked out for the best with this one.

bread's done
Back