Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
LRG will still get a piece of your money even if you get it at Best Buy. They are the publisher and they should get a piece of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who/Where was this stated? I would like to get it at Best Buy on ps4, but thought only switch games are available at Best Buy from LRG. Rather give my money to Best Buy.
Its on the item description for both PS4 and Switch on the LRG website.

For those still on the lookout for it, Blasphemous is again available for shipping at the BB website (first time since release date I believe):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/blasphemous-standard-edition-nintendo-switch/6406945.p?skuId=6406945

Who/Where was this stated? I would like to get it at Best Buy on ps4, but thought only switch games are available at Best Buy from LRG. Rather give my money to Best Buy.
here you go

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstation-4-ps4/playstation-4-ps4-video-games/pcmcat296300050018.c?id=pcmcat296300050018&qp=brand_facet%3DBrand~Limited%20Run%20Games

and here is Stranger Things 3: The Game (its not listed with the other LRG for some reason)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/stranger-things-3-the-game-standard-edition-playstation-4/6395589.p?skuId=6395589

Well the new update for Panzer Dragoon Remake went live today, and while I haven't found any in-depth discussion about it yet, the gameplay videos out there look massively improved. Plus, the official Twitter account for the game has confirmed that the patch will be on the physical cart. So whenever that goes up on Best Buy I'll probably be grabbing a copy. Very nice to see that things worked out for the best with this one.
Damn, wish this would have been confirmed beforehand, would have grabbed the CE then. But oh well, will still get the BBY release.

Also just got an email on Shantae SS, LRG/Wayforward is milking it big time... and my dumbass is gonna buy in.

I wonder if stores like BestBuy, Target and Amazon will sell Seven Sirens because last time the Half Genie Hero Collector's Edition was and that's how I got my copy for $15 at Toysrus.

I wonder if stores like BestBuy, Target and Amazon will sell Seven Sirens because last time the Half Genie Hero Collector's Edition was and that's how I got my copy for $15 at Toysrus.
BestBuy is getting the standard. It's unlikely anyone will get the CE. Fangamer's gotten a few CEs that they helped produce, but other than that their CEs haven't been distributed elsewhere.

Half Genie Hero was a regular retail release and there was no CE at retail, it was just the launch edition (1st print) that all stores got. The game later got a standard release I think. This release is from LRG so only they'll carry it but I wonder if there's anything preventing Wayforward from publishing a regular retail CE/release...?:whistle2:k

Half Genie Hero was a regular retail release and there was no CE at retail,
Toysrus had the CE all the way till they closed. I went to one a few months before it closed and they had at least one more copy of Half Genie Hero CE for PS4.

Toysrus had the CE all the way till they closed. I went to one a few months before it closed and they had at least one more copy of Half Genie Hero CE for PS4.
You're talking about the Risky Beats Edition, which was the launch edition, i.e., every copy was a Risky Beats Edition. Not sure I'd call that a CE.

I wonder how many unsold copies of all these games they've got. I mean even assuming 200 copies of each is a lot of space when you release a game per week. Must have a helluva warehouse.

I ordered Shantae this morning thinking it'd be limited but I guess not. I was gonna get everything regardless but can anyone explain to me what they're trying to say here? 

• Mega-bundle exclusive Shantae and the Seven Sirens trading card
  • The complete set of trading cards for the games included in this bundle.
  • This bundle includes one guaranteed gold trading card from any of the included games (9 cards total including the card pack, exclusive card, and the pack-in cards)
So this bundle comes with 1 exclusive card, the complete trading card set (meaning 4x cards picture)... but then bullet point 3 is where I get confused. The bundle has one guaranteed gold card from any of the include games. So from my count, that's 6 cards- 4x regular, 1x gold, and 1x bundle exclusive card. How are they getting 9? 

I ordered Shantae this morning thinking it'd be limited but I guess not. I was gonna get everything regardless but can anyone explain to me what they're trying to say here?

• This bundle includes one guaranteed gold trading card from any of the included games (9 cards total including the card pack, exclusive card, and the pack-in cards)
So this bundle comes with 1 exclusive card, the complete trading card set (meaning 4x cards picture)... but then bullet point 3 is where I get confused. The bundle has one guaranteed gold card from any of the include games. So from my count, that's 6 cards- 4x regular, 1x gold, and 1x bundle exclusive card. How are they getting 9?
You get

1 regular card for each copy of the game in the bundle = 4

1 bonus card = 1

4 pack of cars = 4

Total = 9 and one of the 4 regular cards will be gold

You get

1 regular card for each copy of the game in the bundle = 4

1 bonus card = 1

4 pack of cars = 4

Total = 9 and one of the 4 regular cards will be gold
Oh... well that's stupid. You're basically going to get double regular cards for 3 of the cards and then for the 4th you'll get 1 gold/1 regular? Would have been better if they just gave you 4x gold, 4x regular of the card set.

*sigh*

I need this.

No free shipping codes from LRG I take it?
Just curious, what is the appeal of these single year KOF games? Aren't they SNES size games? I think I already have KOF 95-98 on the PSP KOF collection. Seems kind of like a rip off for LRG to sell each version separate when they have been released in "collections" in the past.. why not release a compilation if anything? Again, to each their own... I am not a big fighting game fan so I am just curious about the appeal.

• This bundle includes one guaranteed gold trading card from any of the included games (9 cards total including the card pack, exclusive card, and the pack-in cards)
reading the trading card thing for shantae on LRG site made me think of this

giphy.gif

Just curious, what is the appeal of these single year KOF games? Aren't they SNES size games? I think I already have KOF 95-98 on the PSP KOF collection. Seems kind of like a rip off for LRG to sell each version separate when they have been released in "collections" in the past.. why not release a compilation if anything? Again, to each their own... I am not a big fighting game fan so I am just curious about the appeal.
I would normally agree (setting aside the problems those collections have) but this is a drastically updated version KOF98, which isn't included in any compilation. I have to look into this a little more to see if it's a port with online play or just the ps2 version re-released.

Either way, I really loved this game on Xbox 360 and ps2 and wouldn't mind paying to have disc copy on ps4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would normally agree (setting aside the problems those collections have) but this is a drastically updated version KOF98, which isn't included in any compilation. I have to look into this a little more to see if it's a port with online play or just the ps2 version re-released.

Either way, I really loved this game on Xbox 360 and ps2 and wouldn't mind paying to have disc copy on ps4.
They noted on Discord that this is the PS2 port that's available on PS4, not the ACA version. I don't know what the differences are, but the people in the Discord seemed to think this was the inferior version.

Yeah, for whatever reason, most people find KOF98UM and KOF2002UM to be inferior to the original games.  I certainly don't share that opinion and would rather have the extra characters and added features of 98UM.

The original KOF 98 is also playable anyway.

Yeah, for whatever reason, most people find KOF98UM and KOF2002UM to be inferior to the original games. I certainly don't share that opinion and would rather have the extra characters and added features of 98UM.
The original KOF 98 is also playable anyway.
what?! really? i always thought UM were better and balanced further with the exception of the banned boss characters for tournament play. I wish 2002UM was ported outside Japan & x360.

Anyone know when street of rage 4 going to be shipped from LRG?
There are no firm ship dates on any games from LRG. They just say a vague 2 to 4 months even though it's hard for them to even hit 4 months much of the time. If I had to nail down a guess, I'd say SoR4 will ship in late September. It'll be amazing if they do better than that and I wouldn't hold my breath on September.

Any reason to think the deal to sell Shantae at Best Buy may fall through? I have tons of credit to spend there and it will save on shipping.

I know they say the” order is not final” - but this is a huge release and I’m sure Best Buy want their slice of the pie.

Any reason to think the deal to sell Shantae at Best Buy may fall through? I have tons of credit to spend there and it will save on shipping.

I know they say the” order is not final” - but this is a huge release and I’m sure Best Buy want their slice of the pie.
I'm pretty confident this will be showing up at Best Buy.

Does anyone know if LRG ever disclosed how many copies of the vita Metal Slug 3 shipped with the alternate cover?  Curious how many exist.  I was under the impression they only went out with the non-LE shipments.  I was also curious if that cover exists for the PS4, since I don't see any sold listings on ebay?  The vita one occasionally pops up for sale, but doesn't seem very common and it looks like they don't even mention it on their store listings that it had an alt cover.

Does anyone know if LRG ever disclosed how many copies of the vita Metal Slug 3 shipped with the alternate cover? Curious how many exist. I was under the impression they only went out with the non-LE shipments. I was also curious if that cover exists for the PS4, since I don't see any sold listings on ebay? The vita one occasionally pops up for sale, but doesn't seem very common and it looks like they don't even mention it on their store listings that it had an alt cover.
They did not. It only ever went out with copies that went out in the first batch (i.e. before the CE shipped and before any copies that were purchased with other items). It was apparently an error as the cover did not meet ESRB requirements as a character was pointing a gun outward. My understanding is that they actually had to have the remaining copies restuffed with the approved cover. I would estimate only a few hundred copies at most went out with the unapproved cover.

Does anyone know if LRG ever disclosed how many copies of the vita Metal Slug 3 shipped with the alternate cover? Curious how many exist. I was under the impression they only went out with the non-LE shipments. I was also curious if that cover exists for the PS4, since I don't see any sold listings on ebay? The vita one occasionally pops up for sale, but doesn't seem very common and it looks like they don't even mention it on their store listings that it had an alt cover.
They did not. It only ever went out with copies that went out in the first batch (i.e. before the CE shipped and before any copies that were purchased with other items). It was apparently an error as the cover did not meet ESRB requirements as a character was pointing a gun outward. My understanding is that they actually had to have the remaining copies restuffed with the approved cover. I would estimate only a few hundred copies at most went out with the unapproved cover.
WOW, I had no clue this game even had an alternate cover, and I wondered why my copy sold over $100+ a few months back when I listed it, and I guess now I know. LOL I wish I would have known, as I would have promoted it as such, but it sold for a good amount, so no complaints.

Seems reasonable, given how infrequently it pops up. I suppose LRG may not even know at this point how many they shipped.

WOW, I had no clue this game even had an alternate cover, and I wondered why my copy sold over $100+ a few months back when I listed it, and I guess now I know. LOL I wish I would have known, as I would have promoted it as such, but it sold for a good amount, so no complaints.
You're not alone. I didn't know there was an alt either, as I had bought the CE version. Given how wildly the price fluctuates on the sold listings, I don't think many people pay attention. Makes it hard to try and determine what it's worth trying to get one for. I only care because it's an actual alt cover and not just a reversible sealed the other way. I don't generally try for multiple copies of the reversible cover copies as I don't keep all of mine sealed.

Well I have that cover as well. I knew they had gotten in trouble over it, but did not realize they had pulled some before shipping. Clearly looks like way more copies of the other version based on the ones listed on ebay.

There are no firm ship dates on any games from LRG. They just say a vague 2 to 4 months even though it's hard for them to even hit 4 months much of the time. If I had to nail down a guess, I'd say SoR4 will ship in late September. It'll be amazing if they do better than that and I wouldn't hold my breath on September.
This is my only gripe with LRG games and why I'm reticent to order from them IF (and only IF) the game is going to get published and sold via retail stores anyways. With SOR4, I wanted to support them, but I'd rather get it EARLIER so I can play it (I only buy physical games).

For other smaller-run/lesser known games, I'm super grateful LRG brings those games to physical release. Will always try to support those releases.

That all said, it's unfair for LRG because games like SOR4 and Shantae probably became popular enough to get larger physical print runs BECAUSE of LRG, and its developer-friendly approach towards not demanding exclusivity. This, however, does mean LRG will sometimes get burned. Kudos to LRG, though, for honoring cancellations on SOR4. They're a solid company, and I hope they're around for a long time.

This is my only gripe with LRG games and why I'm reticent to order from them IF (and only IF) the game is going to get published and sold via retail stores anyways. With SOR4, I wanted to support them, but I'd rather get it EARLIER so I can play it (I only buy physical games).

For other smaller-run/lesser known games, I'm super grateful LRG brings those games to physical release. Will always try to support those releases.

That all said, it's unfair for LRG because games like SOR4 and Shantae probably became popular enough to get larger physical print runs BECAUSE of LRG, and its developer-friendly approach towards not demanding exclusivity. This, however, does mean LRG will sometimes get burned. Kudos to LRG, though, for honoring cancellations on SOR4. They're a solid company, and I hope they're around for a long time.
Shantae was pretty popular before lrg, I wouldn't attribute them to it's popularity in the slightest

Well I have that cover as well. I knew they had gotten in trouble over it, but did not realize they had pulled some before shipping. Clearly looks like way more copies of the other version based on the ones listed on ebay.
Checked my Vita copy, got it too.[attachment=34044:CC0525CC-D40A-483D-BABD-24E19952EEFA.jpeg][attachment=34045:07311C82-06CC-489A-88A1-AA9265A742F9.jpeg]

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD (physical copy for Nintendo Switch) is available for pre-order at Best Buy incase anyone is interested in securing a copy for their collection. $29.99 retail price. Cover art is pretty cool imo.[attachment=34051:CCAB5C9D-B0B2-432B-AB15-EE559A292EFF.jpeg]

bread's done
Back