Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
They got really mad when I asked about it
I could've sworn there was more discussion about it in Discord, but searches didn't find anything more than Josh acknowledging it couldn't be shipped. Searching in Discord is kinda awful, but things like "Metal Slug ESRB" and "Metal Slug 3 cover" didn't return anything. Possible that I'm misremembering or possible that they really want to brush it under the rug to avoid the wrath of ESRB.

I could've sworn there was more discussion about it in Discord, but searches didn't find anything more than Josh acknowledging it couldn't be shipped. Searching in Discord is kinda awful, but things like "Metal Slug ESRB" and "Metal Slug 3 cover" didn't return anything. Possible that I'm misremembering or possible that they really want to brush it under the rug to avoid the wrath of ESRB.
They suppressed all talk about it, I guess they thought they could just evade the esrb or something I don't really know. I'm not in the discord but I've heard they were trying to stop discussion

Why are they allowing cancellations on SOR4? I guess I missed something

This is my only gripe with LRG games and why I'm reticent to order from them IF (and only IF) the game is going to get published and sold via retail stores anyways. With SOR4, I wanted to support them, but I'd rather get it EARLIER so I can play it (I only buy physical games).

For other smaller-run/lesser known games, I'm super grateful LRG brings those games to physical release. Will always try to support those releases.

That all said, it's unfair for LRG because games like SOR4 and Shantae probably became popular enough to get larger physical print runs BECAUSE of LRG, and its developer-friendly approach towards not demanding exclusivity. This, however, does mean LRG will sometimes get burned. Kudos to LRG, though, for honoring cancellations on SOR4. They're a solid company, and I hope they're around for a long time.

[quote name="Backlog Hog" post="14290139" timestamp="1589872168"]
Checked my Vita copy, got it too.

Checked my copy too and received that version also. Since I had switched to only vita games it likely wasn’t held up by any other items and shipped out when available, as others stated. I wonder margins for selling this one and downgrading to other version...

The latest LRG newsletter hints at a Shantae GBC re-release, which unlike most of their retro stuff would actually make sense since the original is stupidly expensive. If they're going to pursue these re-releases it'd be nice to see more like this. It'd be extra cool to see them find a way to make NGPC carts. Some of those games never got full retail releases in the first place and a few of them have become crazy expensive too. Unfortunately there's only like 100 people out there who would actually buy them, but it's a neat idea anyway.

The latest LRG newsletter hints at a Shantae GBC re-release, which unlike most of their retro stuff would actually make sense since the original is stupidly expensive. If they're going to pursue these re-releases it'd be nice to see more like this. It'd be extra cool to see them find a way to make NGPC carts. Some of those games never got full retail releases in the first place and a few of them have become crazy expensive too. Unfortunately there's only like 100 people out there who would actually buy them, but it's a neat idea anyway.
Yeah i saw that when i got my newsletter late last week but for me the biggest tease i got from that newsletter was the Scott Pilgrim name drop. Its too good to be true(a possible Shantae GBC re-release and a physical Scott Pilgrim). These 2 releases might win back everyone to LRG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i saw that when i got my newsletter late last week but for me the biggest tease i got from that newsletter was the Scott Pilgrim name drop. Its too good to be true(a possible Shantae GBC re-release and a physical Scott Pilgrim). These 2 releases might win back everyone to LRG
Would love to grab Scott Pilgrim if its true.

Yeah, not happening for me, as I can emulate old GBC stuff and I still have access to Scott Pilgrim on my PS3, and even if I didn't, no way this smooths over all the LRG crooked(at least not for me). I'm sure many others will think differently, as Scott Pilgrim is the kind of "kool-aid" that don't come around to often, and if true, I'm expecting big crowds looking for their fill!

Could be true. Scott pilgrim is getting a Dolby theater re release this year.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1136000-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-will-return-to-theaters-for-its-10th-anniversary

It won't win back anyone. No one really left them. Despite all the bitching and whining people still buy from them. They aren't small time anymore and don't act like small time. They act like a normal business that's getting bigger which makes them less personable and more focused on money. But no one will be won back because they want to hate lrg and will find any reason they can to do so.

Their flightyness is proof of that. One minutes it hate and anger at them, then they announce one game and suddenly everyone loves them again, then they go back to hating then again.

Holy shit I'm down for both of those re-releases.

Could be true. Scott pilgrim is getting a Dolby theater re release this year.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1136000-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-will-return-to-theaters-for-its-10th-anniversary

It won't win back anyone. No one really left them. Despite all the bitching and whining people still buy from them. They aren't small time anymore and don't act like small time. They act like a normal business that's getting bigger which makes them less personable and more focused on money. But no one will be won back because they want to hate lrg and will find any reason they can to do so.

Their flightyness is proof of that. One minutes it hate and anger at them, then they announce one game and suddenly everyone loves them again, then they go back to hating then again.
I'd support them more if Josh was gone, that guys a piece of shit

Edit: and a shantae gbc cart just shits on collectors

If you want a repro Shantae cart you can get one right now from China for $8.  It will have no impact on the real thing

Given Shantae's popularity I can see why they're doing a repro. Shantae's gotten a lot more popular since the GameBoy days and not a lot of people are willing to fork out the money to buy a copy of the original game. It really will just be shelf candy, though, because I don't know a whole lot of people who have (and much less use) a console that can read a Gameboy cart.

To each his own, I suppose. A repro doesn't interest me at all, but there would appear to be a market. If they do a modern port then I might pick it up, but I'm not holding my breath.

I sold my complete copy of Shantae off years back for what I thought was a lot (about $250 which was slightly less than a sealed copy at the time as mine was legit complete).  I picked it up digital on 3DS eshop for $6 or whatever.  I bought Scott PIlgrim before it was taken off the playstation store.  So, have that on my PS3.  Ultimately both excellent games but ... I'd probably still pass on them.  The hype I once had for physical collecting is gone.  I only buy the stuff I love the absolute most and will play.  Despite having Shantae on 3DS... I rarely ever play it.  It's a great experiment with taking the Wonder Boy Metroidvania formula and doing some new stuff with it.  But... it's not something I feel I need to own physically again.  I rarely hook up my PS3 these days... so... Scott Pilgrim would mostly be a trophy purchase.  I'd imagine both games will be great for resellers... which I'm not one.

I have severely reduced at what I buy from LRG anymore but would instantly buy Scott Pilgrim as I remember how much fun that game was back when I played it at my friends.  Shantae reminds me of Metal Storm in which it is going for high prices at the moment so I can see where they would release it for others to have a chance to own it a decent price but it would be a pass for me as I'm not that big on Shantae games. 

Yeah, not happening for me, as I can emulate old GBC stuff and I still have access to Scott Pilgrim on my PS3, and even if I didn't, no way this smooths over all the LRG crooked(at least not for me). I'm sure many others will think differently, as Scott Pilgrim is the kind of "kool-aid" that don't come around to often, and if true, I'm expecting big crowds looking for their fill!
I own a CIB copy of the original... it's the single most valuable thing I own (not counting my car or house since they're financed). But I'd def be for them re-releasing the game if it's clearly identifiable as a re-release somehow. Even if you can play it on an emulator, there's always some special joy with playing a game on the system it was made for... regardless of how crappy the screen on a GBC is. And IMO, it's still the best game in the series, by far.

This is me in a nutshell. I started supporting them because I was all for physical releases but stopped around 2017 or so when they started doing a lot that I felt was questionable at best. I think the last straw was when they bundled a large number of copies of a game a lot of people wanted (can't remember the game) with Lawbreakers, a game nobody wanted. But whenever they release anything with Shantae, I'm all about it. I know, I'm pathetic. :whistle2:(

I sold my Shantae cart only for $150 back in 2010 :cry:
Back then that was a good rate for a cart only copy.

But whenever they release anything with Shantae, I'm all about it. I know, I'm pathetic. :whistle2:(
You know what you love and buy it. Nothing wrong with that. The only pathetic person here at the moment is the one that has to attack the potential customers of a company because they voice some criticism for a company. That dude lives up to his name.

I own a CIB copy of the original... it's the single most valuable thing I own (not counting my car or house since they're financed). But I'd def be for them re-releasing the game if it's clearly identifiable as a re-release somehow. Even if you can play it on an emulator, there's always some special joy with playing a game on the system it was made for... regardless of how crappy the screen on a GBC is. And IMO, it's still the best game in the series, by far.
Yeah, I've collected for just about every system I've ever owned at one point in time or another, and sadly all of those systems are now gone, with not much love lost. Don't get me wrong, I love original hardware, but over the years, the ease of use and improvements to gaming options just win out in the end. I just recently added a ton of emulators to my Vita, and I'm actually enjoying tons of old games like Shantae and the like, due to improve image, save states, etc.

I know a lot of people say having tons of games at your finger tips leads to not playing any, but I'm the opposite, as having access digitally, makes me more likely to play games. As having to swap carts(which was the norm for most of my life), was always my least favorite part of actually collecting. I love playing physical games, but when a collection is HUGE, and has fragile game boxes, or manuals, emulation became a main stay for me, in just keeping my collection in the best condition possible.

LRG offering a game like Shantae is great, as even if I hadn't stopped shopping with them, I would still pass on this title, as I haven't collected for the GBC since the early 90's. No hate for those who are interested, as this is what physical collecting is all about, and offering games many no longer have access to cheaply, is a good thing. I'm expecting Snatcher from them at some point, as that will be a killer title for them, but I've owned 3 copies of that game in the past, and no longer have a need for a title like that either, but it will be great to see for those that do.

So how is blaster master 0?  I played the original back on the nes but that's it. But I did love that game.

I'm hesitant because I don't care for buying newer games on physical anymore. I'd rather buy older ones. Like panzer dragoon, turok, night trap, etc I'd gladly bought from them. I guess because of the sentimental value they have to me but I just don't get excited for limited run games that are just newer games on disc.

So how is blaster master 0? I played the original back on the nes but that's it. But I did love that game.

I'm hesitant because I don't care for buying newer games on physical anymore. I'd rather buy older ones. Like panzer dragoon, turok, night trap, etc I'd gladly bought from them. I guess because of the sentimental value they have to me but I just don't get excited for limited run games that are just newer games on disc.
I played Zero(but not Zero 2) and its as good as the original NES. What I liked about it is that they finally gave you a reason(reward) to explore those other dungeons that you dont have to go into. Also the game isnt a 1 to 1 exact copy, so even though some levels will look and feel similar to the original they have change it up a little and added 1(or 2 i think) newer level.

Check out reviews in youtube, i believe all of them give the game positive reviews

Damn they're separate carts. Not surprising, but still a bummer.

I played through 0 and it's really good, very much like how you would expect the NES game to play if you cleaned out all of the NES jank. It manages to walk the Shovel Knight line of looking, sounding, and controlling better than any real 8-bit games without killing the soul of what makes those games great. I'll probably try running through it again to decide if it's one I'd like to own physically. Having both games on the same cart would've made that decision much easier, but oh well.

Ugh non functioning replica nes cart. God damn do I really really hate that in a CE. I'd like both and that price isn't bad for a CE but what a really stupid af bonus item.

bread's done
Back