Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Pretty sure they've said as much about that as they have the bonus vita game for those that bought all (or most) of the vita releases. But I don't follow all the various ways they communicate so maybe someone else has heard something.
They said they aren't going to mail those out (implying that they have them in stock) until the final Jak CE comes in. And after COVID there's seemingly no idea when that might be.

Thanks. I'd forgotten about it really till it popped in my head for whatever reason.

Still can't believe I bought all those. Ended up being a waste of my money.

Weren't they just straight PS2 ports too? Wouldn't the HD collection on PS3 be better anyway?
I got excited and bought them. Then why I bought 3 I thought "why in the hell am I buying these? Well fuck it might as well get the last one when it goes live". That was the point I pretty much stopped buying stuff from them unless it's something I really want like a retro title like panzer dragoon, or an oddball game like Mary skelter 2 or the nurse love obsession. Most of their releases are a lot cheaper digital so I just wait for them to go on sale. w

I think I have like 3 pending orders and that's it. I only buy 3 or 4 games from them a year now. They just don't have anything I really want and it's too expensive for what you get vs like strictly limited games.

But he'll I don't even know if they are ps2 ports, I never got around to playing them. Hence why I wasted my money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mighty switch force collection has arrived.. really great games on cartridge together.

What we or most people need/want.. can't live without is would any company to make the world a better place & give us all Zombies Ate My Neighbors physically on switch. Dreams... ugh.

Received my Mighty Switch Force Collection for the Switch as well.  The cards are a nice gesture but wish they'd spend a nickel and put them in a somewhat rigid sleeve to pretect them.  Most of mine come damaged...

a couple of hours left for shantae. Are we sure both PS4 and Switch versions are coming to Best Buy or other retailers in the future?

I just ordered the Shantae CE for PS4, I only wanted the Steelbook and gameboy display. I own all the games on PS4 physical so I had to complete the set. Got CE protector too since I was already playing for "heavy shipping"

a couple of hours left for shantae. Are we sure both PS4 and Switch versions are coming to Best Buy or other retailers in the future?
Best Buy will be receiving a small amount of this game with a different cover. Best Buy's copies will not be available until a later date and will not overlap our own preorder window. Please understand that if you sit out on our open window in order to try and secure a copy through Best Buy, you may be left empty handed. Best Buy also has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Opt to wait at your own risk.

I was already playing for "heavy shipping"
Yeah, I hit "heavy shipping" too. Shipping is ridiculous now. That's why I waited all the way until Friday for one big order containing Shantae CE, Blaster Master CEs, Superepic CE, and Wizard of Legend. I never order those protectors -- do they actually apply them before shipping?

Got an e-mail about the free Jak 4 PS4 case - just had to put in a code & confirm my shipping address.

Sounds like they'll be shipped out relatively soon too:
"We will be processing the first batch through to the shipping team in the next couple of weeks. Please make sure and have this information submitted by July 31st at the latest."

I just started playing this on Game Pass. To say I'm not impressed would be an understatement. I don't know if Unity is the best engine for a fighting game, visually speaking, and the Story mode is a mess. About a third of fights either arbitrarily go on too long or are abruptly cut short for the "story."

Hey, for those who who ordered the Vall hall-a and 2064 dual pack, when you got it, were you only sent one of the two, instead? I had packaged mine with the idea factory games, and got my package on Saturday, and instead of getting the dual pack and poster, they just sent the 2064 CE only. I just opened a ticket, and im sure they will fix it, but i was wondering if this had happened to anyone else, or if i was just a 1 off scenario

Yeah, I hit "heavy shipping" too. Shipping is ridiculous now. That's why I waited all the way until Friday for one big order containing Shantae CE, Blaster Master CEs, Superepic CE, and Wizard of Legend. I never order those protectors -- do they actually apply them before shipping?
Never ordered one before. All my other CE came in great shape without it, but this was before the pandemic. I didn't want to risk it with Shantae. Supposedly, they will put the CE in the case before ship. That's what it says in the notes.

Too late now, but they stacked the individual shipping for the Shantae and Blaster Master CE's FYI. I was planning on ordering them together as well, but when I saw the shipping charge I had to double check each individually. Saw literally zero reason to order them together in one order to save on shipping.

I ended up ordering the Shantae CE and Wizard of Legend instead as shipping stayed the same.

Also on sale at iam8bit but only game+vinyl is available if you want the game. No single listing for just the game.

From the LRG listing:

"Please note that there is a possibility that Outer Wilds will be available in a limited quantity after our sale from another publisher, as part of a higher priced offering. As we have no involvement it that, we do not have any further details to share, but wanted to note it for the sake of transparency."

I think I will wait for that Best Buy release then.

Also on sale at iam8bit but only game+vinyl is available if you want the game. No single listing for just the game.

From the LRG listing:

"Please note that there is a possibility that Outer Wilds will be available in a limited quantity after our sale from another publisher, as part of a higher priced offering. As we have no involvement it that, we do not have any further details to share, but wanted to note it for the sake of transparency."

I think I will wait for that Best Buy release then.
I don't think that's what the note means. I think there will be some other CE from another publisher at some point.

Murder by Numbers is live on Play-Asia now. The standard edition is an open preorder while the Limited Edition has a 2k production run and is limited to 3 copies per person.

Standard ($29.99): https://www.play-asia.com/murder-by-numbers/13/70dk1h

Limited ($34.99): https://www.play-asia.com/murder-by-numbers-limited-edition/13/70dk1l

Don't forget the code SWITCHMANIA for 5% off.
The fact that they killed off the free shipping option really makes it hard to pull the trigger on these now. Cheapest shipping option is $9.90 to the midwest.

yah i think LRG maybe talking about iam8bit as being the other publisher
It may be on the studio's store site, Annapurna Commissary. It's been locked for a minute since Covid, but they used to sell some of their games on the site. I got Gone Home and What remains of Edith Finch months after they were sold out on Iam8bit for like $30 a piece on Annapurna's site. Meanwhile they were selling for like $60 and $100+ on Ebay. Sometimes it pays to be the weirdo who looks a few pages deep in internet search results.

Was gonna preorder the new Shantae game but held off for a standard edition release at BestBuy. Still waiting for Night in the Woods, that's a definite buy from me.

If you bought Power Rangers from LRG (not Best Buy) and want the missing skins you need to open a ticket on their support site. PS4 game buyers can request a replacement disc while Switch game buyers can request a code. It is my understanding that the PS4 copies sold at Best Buy are the corrected discs, but I am not sure about the Switch version.

fuck this stupid trash company.

I couldn't get an order of this in because of some bullshit no purchase limit for a 1,500 quantity item.

Is there going to be a switch version?
The Switch versions get put onto "Omnibus" compilation releases in Asia (with English). It'll probably get on to one sooner or later. Not sure what the release cadence for the Kemco Omnibuses is.

No standard edition on the Samurai Showdown Collection. I don’t really want that extra clutter with it.
There's a Japanese and European standard release. pixnlovepublishing.com has the eu standard. I'd imagine others will have it the japanese version. I thought I read this was getting a standard North American release too... maybe not from LRG?

So that sounds like standard edition of showdown could have all the same titles minus the extra stuffs id rather not purchase if possible.. .

No standard edition on the Samurai Showdown Collection. I don’t really want that extra clutter with it.
Europe is getting a standard, it's possible we will too.

I'm going to hold out and see as well. I really don't want any of the extras, just the physical game.

Definitely a buy.. that Jay & Silent Bob will be ordered. Need to grab like three games here on Sunday before they go away. Makes it easier getting one larger box with multiple titles

I don't know why some are questioning what games are in the 'Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection.' This has always been an SNK planned release for this collection. No one else is bundling the games together or adversely be able to separate the games.

Speaking to the collector's edition of the collection, of all collector's editions I expected and actually wanted a poster for, this was it. I like the idea of a larger artbook, though I can't tell and it doesn't specify if it's hard or soft cover. 

Speaking to the collector's edition of the collection, of all collector's editions I expected and actually wanted a poster for, this was it. I like the idea of a larger artbook, though I can't tell and it doesn't specify if it's hard or soft cover.
Looking at the picture at a large size the spine makes it look like a softcover book. It has to fit inside the replica cardboard MVS box... so it probably isn't that large... unless we are talking page count and not dimensions... which neither are disclosed.

Looking at the picture at a large size the spine makes it look like a softcover book. It has to fit inside the replica cardboard MVS box... so it probably isn't that large... unless we are talking page count and not dimensions... which neither are disclosed.
I was thinking the same about the spine. The reveal trailer said 50 pages, but yeah, it's hard to gauge sizes in those promo pics unless it's a known size like the CD case.

bread's done
Back